Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/9

Today was Shoulders and Abs. Had a great workout and my HR stayed up there pretty good with this workout. Shoulder work, for me, is the worst. Not sure why I have such a hard time with it.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
12's - 8 sets/10 reps
***I was worried about doing these because this is the movement that hurts my right shoulder. It felt fine and this burned.

Dumbbell Overhead Press, palms facing in:
10's - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***I HATE HATE HATE this exercise. With either the DB or BB, I hate this exercise. My shoulders fatigue so quickly with these.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 8 sets/11-10 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs:
15's - 8 sets/17 reps
***These felt good and burned big time.

ABS
Trisets:
Knee Raises - 15 reps
Woodchops - 8# - 25 reps
1 minute elbow planks
***1 minute rest between each triset. By the time I got to the plank work I was dying. It was really hard holding the plank for 1 minute and that is unusual for me. I had to drop down to my knees with each set.

HR STATS:
52 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
44 minutes in zone
1 minute above zone
369 calories burned

That is all...

I am happy - got out of bed this morning and my butt was sore! Legs too. I am doing more pushups, chins are getting EASY, pullups are not easy but I can do them now, legs are getting stronger (but they have always been out of proportionally stronger - like on 1RM averages for everyone, I am either even with or slightly behind on upper body, especially chest, shoulders and triceps - tris b/c of my elbows - and legs, way past avg)

Now, here is where I need a talking to. I am also gaining weight (maybe 2-3 lbs - I don't weigh often or else I become obsessed with a stupid number on the scale). I know this should be a good thing b/c I'm pretty sure it is muscle as my clothes are fitting tighter in the legs (looser in the waist) and depending on the top, arms/shoulders too, but it is not what I am used to! So, mentally, I get hung up on that b/c I freak out that I am just getting puffy. This is probably b/c some days, I am just puffy. Rings are tight, tummy looks prego, etc. This can happen so fast and for no reason, meaning everything that I can control remains consistent. So, is this normal? I think of the people who compete and have to be ready for a certain day. Well, if I was one of those people, I may be perfectly happy with my body and wake up, look in the mirror, and hate it all. Now, I am in NO way saying I have the body to compete - just saying what do these girls do, or am I just blessed with a freaky body? :rolleyes: I know my digestive system is not normal and that just runs in my family so maybe that is the whole problem.

I did not do abs yesterday either. It was another rough homework night. Thank goodness we have a 4 day weekend! There is an Easter party at school that I am doing with another mom or two, depending who comes and stays, so I will get abs in before I leave and maybe cardio, but it won't be killer I don't think. Not sure though. It's another thing that I am struggling with - don't want to overdo, don't want to underdo it either. :confused: I always tell myself I will take it easy but find that very difficult to do so I just go all out.

Have a great day to all of you!

Awsome workouts everyone. Debbie - I struggle with shoulders too - but I am beginning see definition and that is always great. I do shoulders tomorrow - will be interested to see how my heart rate does.

I did incline walk today with weighted vest. Walked for 50 minutes - burned 450 calories. I really sweated too. I needed to burn the ice cream and crap out of my system.

Shana - don't wig about the number on the scale. I dropped an entire jeans size (YAY!!) and the scale went up. i don't use it much anymore. I keep the jeans that I like and when they get tight, I crank up the cardio and circuit work. If you are burning fat and not muscle (which is what we want), the scale will not move much.

Checking in tomorrow. Everyone have a great day! - It is so sunny and beautiful here I am struggling to stay at work!

Morning! I did KickMax this morning and burned 718 calories according to the HRM. I'm sure the GWF would say less but I am too lazy to look right now. :p I think I like this workout- haven't done it in a while and kind of dreaded it but once I got into it, I enjoyed it. I like the simplicity of the combos and the fun drills. Good stuff.

Shana: Oh yeah, I feel you. For me TTOTM means I get bloated, big time. Nothing fits and it's awful. I feel like Sponge Patti Square Pants for a while. Plus, I also have good and bad days and it can depend a lot on how much fiber and/or salt I've had the day before. I think if your pants are looser in the waist, you have nothing to worry about, really. But I understand the battle, most especially the one between doing too much and too little.

Ally/Debbie: I am weak in my shoulders- never can seem to up weights for certain exercises and those are also the ones in STS where I can't lift my 1RM. Weird.

Hi Charlotte!

See you all later!

I am happy - got out of bed this morning and my butt was sore! Legs too. I am doing more pushups, chins are getting EASY, pullups are not easy but I can do them now, legs are getting stronger (but they have always been out of proportionally stronger - like on 1RM averages for everyone, I am either even with or slightly behind on upper body, especially chest, shoulders and triceps - tris b/c of my elbows - and legs, way past avg)

Now, here is where I need a talking to. I am also gaining weight (maybe 2-3 lbs - I don't weigh often or else I become obsessed with a stupid number on the scale). I know this should be a good thing b/c I'm pretty sure it is muscle as my clothes are fitting tighter in the legs (looser in the waist) and depending on the top, arms/shoulders too, but it is not what I am used to! So, mentally, I get hung up on that b/c I freak out that I am just getting puffy. This is probably b/c some days, I am just puffy. Rings are tight, tummy looks prego, etc. This can happen so fast and for no reason, meaning everything that I can control remains consistent. So, is this normal? I think of the people who compete and have to be ready for a certain day. Well, if I was one of those people, I may be perfectly happy with my body and wake up, look in the mirror, and hate it all. Now, I am in NO way saying I have the body to compete - just saying what do these girls do, or am I just blessed with a freaky body? :rolleyes: I know my digestive system is not normal and that just runs in my family so maybe that is the whole problem.

I did not do abs yesterday either. It was another rough homework night. Thank goodness we have a 4 day weekend! There is an Easter party at school that I am doing with another mom or two, depending who comes and stays, so I will get abs in before I leave and maybe cardio, but it won't be killer I don't think. Not sure though. It's another thing that I am struggling with - don't want to overdo, don't want to underdo it either. :confused: I always tell myself I will take it easy but find that very difficult to do so I just go all out.

Have a great day to all of you!

Shana,

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I am surprised I didn't dream of myself as a killer whale or something. LOL! I laid to my side and felt my stomach and freaked!!! I was definitely bloated last night. I felt guilty that I had such a strong passionate love affair with the cheese crackers before going to bed. lol. I feel guilty I have gained a few pounds too and now I feel my thighs touching each other when I sleep. Funny thing was when I got up to weigh myself, the battery in scale is dying and it told me I weighed 117...I wish!!! I guess I am not suppose to know the correct weight because I have already tortured myself enough over the numbers. I am probably 122 now or 123. That wouldn't be bad at all if my bodyfat was 13% or something. My rings are tight too, but remember though you can get bloated from eating broccoli and other type of good carbs..it does happen. Anyhow, I know what I am doing wrong though and I just have to correct it permanently.

Char, Patti and Ally - thank you for the support. Sometimes, I guess it is easy to get bogged down in all of it, rather than be happy with the progress. It is nice to know I am not alone. In my mind, you are all perfectly fit and ready for a cover shoot 24/7 and here I am, looking bloated and feeling fat some days, usually just after I look in the mirror and tell myself, yeah, I see nice progress! Thanks again - I already feel better. And Char and Patti - laughing about the love affair with the cheese crackers and Sponge Patti Square Pants:p Ally - congrats on dropping the pants size and going up in weight - that is a great combo!

I posted on the wrong thread, but Debbie got me back to the right one. Here is what I said:

Good Morning Everyone,

I use to be in this group a long time ago. I had to quit, because I just wasn't true to myself. Since we (my hubby Joey) started STS, I believe I've got it back. You know, that fire inside you to keep going on healthy exercising and eating. I'm still a little off sometimes when I eat, but mostly I'm doing very well. Getting stronger every time I do one of the disks from STS. Yesterday did disk 14 of Meso 2, got up this morning and Joey (my hubby) and I felt we had a butt lift.LOL!:D

Anyway, would like to come back. I'm ready to be true to myself and I'm excited that I have been taking care of my body. No more ho humming around. This is serious stuff to me. It was a goal of mine after my explants were done, to get back into exercising and come back here without feeling guilty of not taking charge of my body.

I can feel the new muscles under my skin, just can't see it yet. It's hard, not spongy like it use to be. Need to lose some poundage, but I'm working on that as well. By August or September I should be where I want to be. At least that's the goal. If not, then I'll keep working on it, what ever it takes.

I'll check in later to see whats up.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Shanna...Don't worry too much about a few pounds. That happens to me too! I was at 141 on Tuesday and today 139. It has ALOT to do with carb intake. If you are still tracking you food pay attention to what you have eaten on days you feel like that. I have been eating very clean for the past 8 weeks and I still have moments like this, so you are not alone! :)

Thanks for all the well wishes with my photo shoot. I will post some pics when done.​

In my mind, you are all perfectly fit and ready for a cover shoot 24/7 and here I am, looking bloated and feeling fat some days, usually just after I look in the mirror and tell myself, yeah, I see nice progress! Thanks again - I already feel better.

Shana
- Okay confession time. I am definitely not cover shoot ready 24/7. Actaully I am up 10 pounds right now. Not sure how or WHY I let that happen, but I have not been this heavy in about 17-18 years (except when pregnant). But got my game face on now and really trying to get it off. Frustrated though as scale went down a pound and now it's back up, but my eating is SO MUCH better. I guess it will drop eventually.

Debbie - I am with you I hate OHP, my shoulders give out quickly.

Today was Shoulders. Had a good workout. Think shoulders were still tired from yesterday kickboxing with weighted gloves.:p

IMAX 2 through first blast for 10 minute warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
27# - 8 sets/14-8 reps

Front Raise Plate:
15# - 8 sets/15-12 reps
***Up 2.5 #

Lateral Raise:
10's- 8 sets/13-11 reps
***Up 2 #

Bent Over Lat Raise:
10's- 8 sets/14-10 reps
***Up 2 #

Barbell Shoulder Shrugs:
50#- 8 sets/17-14 reps
***Up 5#

Then finished with Combos & Blasts 2,3, & 4 and Stretch from IMAX 2. When I was done, before I stopped my HRM I checked it and what did it say....but 495 calories of course, so I jog around until I hit 500. So workout total was 1:04 and 501 :D:p:D:p calories burned.

Sonya- OK - we are about the same height - I think you are an inch taller. You are really packing on the muscle! I am about 132-133 now - used to be 125-128 or so but not much muscle. It is my goal to still lean out more, and more muscle is always welcome! Maybe I just didn't notice the fluctuations so much when I wasn't so focused on my eating and leaning out, but now that I can see my abs and a flat belly one day and then lose some of it overnight, I really take notice. I am just really glad I posted now b/c I have been totally bummed about this for a while and now I see that we all go through it. All the best tomorrow - you must be super excited!

Janie - welcome :)

I almost skipped the workout this morning. Was really tired. But I pushed:)
I ran on the treadmill this morning for 6 miles, then I did STS weights and plates abs, and Pilates abs. When I came home I did Lawrence Biscontini' foam roller workout through the first 21 minutes. Had fun sitting on the foam roller balancing with my feet crossed and tossing my 5# ball from hand to hand. Olivia kept trying to get it from me and I was proud of myself for keeping my balance through most with my toes off the floor. I actually was really feeling it after awhile. I started with the ball as soon as he put it by his roller because she really wanted it. LOL Total calories burned today was 1021

Janie - WELCOME BACK!!! :eek: :eek: Nice job on STS!

Shana - I am in the same boat. And Linda just recited my life verbatim. Except I've gained 6#, not 10! :p But it is taking everything I have to get rid of it. It's driving me crazy actually! This Tabata stuff is helping but for crying out loud, with all the calories I'm burning and cutting back on what I usually eat, the pounds should just be flying off. Nope. I blame it on age! Dammit!!!! :mad:

Diane Sue - Nice job getting your workout done even though you were tired. All of us on here are some very tough chics to workout like we do even when we don't want to. :cool:

Linda - I HATE shoulder work! Nice job, you did some nice weights today.

Where's Dallys and Teddygirl? :(

Janie , welcome back to the check in. Isn't STS a great program?:D

All of this talk about how we look from one day to another. I can look good when I get up and eat the wrong thing and by evening I look terrible. But at least I usually have an idea what it is and know I can change it up. Even too much sugar free stuff can do it. And here I am feeling guilty over letting myself get crazy hungry (didn't eat this morning till I had worked out and came back from the schools) DD had bought over Reeses Peanut butter eggs for Sunday and I ate 4 of them:eek: So if I look bloated I will know why.

And just so everyone knows that FOR ME...I feel 122 or 123 is high and my bodyfat right now is mid 16% range which is totally unexceptable for me as I am frustrated. It use to be in the 13% range. My frame is very tiny so just so know one thinks I meant "killer whale" at a higher weight. Just venting pure frustration with my own body...

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome back, it feels good to be back home.

I can tell that our members do hardcore workouts because when I read the posts, each and everyone of you do this: When you are feeling blue you work harder than normal, when you just don't want to workout, you do it anyway with gusto, when you are feeling a bit under the weather you do it anyway and it usually is one of your best . My kind of mindset!;) You are an inspiration to me, and this is what makes me keep going. Thank you for that.

Today was cardio and decided to do CC Vol. 2 revised. I have to say the tribe did not catch me. It was a great 37 min. workout. Was sweaty and I could have rung out my head band. LOL:D Loved it.

Everyone seems well, and I will contribute more as the days come around. In the mean time, I'm going to go into my hot tub and watch the hummingbirds fight at the bird feeders.

Tomorrow is Disk 15, back and biceps.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hello Ladies, I hope all has been well. Just got back from Vegas on tuesday; my bf and I were both ready to come back. That place is best in small doses. I only got one workout in while in Vegas, about 25 min on the treadmill and some abs. Yesterday I did the Timesaver premix from Muscle Max. Today's workout will be later.

Hello to all that I missed. Welcome Back Janie!

Finished with workout.

2 min rest inbetween

BACK:

Pulldowns 80# 1/8 dropped to 70# and finished off 4/8
(alittle surprised 80# felt so heavy right now..hmmm)

One Arm Rows
35# db 3/8 each arm

BICEPS:

EZ Curls 75# 1/8 dropped to 70# and finished 8/8/5/4

Concentration Curls 40's 3/8 (could not believe how easy these felt compared to the EZ Curls, but towards last reps my legs were shaking)

Ab work coming up.

I only have a second but had to say welcome back Janie! I see you around the boards from time to time- looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

The Losing Weight Crowd: I wanted to mention to you guys trying to drop a few (as am I, about 5ish or so)- are you sure you eat enough? I will say this GWF thing has been an eye opener for me. I was eating about 1700 calories and according to this thing I am burning 2800-2900 calories a day! I was leaving over 1,000 calorie a day deficit! No wonder I was tired, hungry and eating crappy foods from time to time. In this past week, I've upped my calories a bit and dropped a pound. It's amazing- just thought I would mention it.

Excellent workouts everyone! I am feeling dog tired this afternoon- really worn out. I think I'm going to go finish up making dinner and just SIT and read. :eek: What a novel concept!

Made black bean brownies. Eh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.