Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/6

Today was Legs and I did STS Meso 2, Disc 23, Legs. I like this one, it's one of the tri-set workouts Cathe put together. The workout went by in a flash and my legs were wobbly when I got done. Love it!!!

Debbie-Yay for wobbly legs :D Those trisets really take my least fave and make it fly by.

Rest day for me again. I am pretty convinced that I need to take the rest of the week off. My legs were REALLY achy again last night, and I have NO idea why that is still happening. I plan on doing stretching and yoga for the next few days, and I'll start back fresh next week. Hope everyone has great workouts :)

Good Morning - I posted my workout and some personals, etc. pretty late last. Planning on 40/20, bi's and tri's and some kb practice later this morning.

Debbie - Great workout to start the day:D. I was/am so impressed with the leg tri-set workouts. They're still up there with my favorites. I noticed an improvement in my stamina during my first time through Meso 2 that I tend to credit to them.

Theresa - A rest week and stretching sounds like a good plan. The achiness - so strange :confused: I hope it didn't keep you up last night. I wonder if that will improve after being off the BC pills for awhile (They came up at my appointment yesterday - My post last night mentions it). Hormonal stuff can do a number on you in all sorts of ways. Hope they go away - fast!

Have a good morning,

Lori

I previewed some of BOSU Explosion Amped. It looks good. I think there is a lot of the slingshot used in that one. He was doing some stuff with arms on bosu flat side and feet on the stability ball. That looked tough. On the core workout they do a move with arms on two stability balls and kind of pulling in and out in a fly while in the plank position. That was a tough one. I am hoping to play around with amped and load of that series Saturday. Tomorrow I will do my last tabata workout which will be the biceps day 5 and I will do abs with it. Tomorrow is back to taking the girls to school in the morning.
I started my workout with Cardio Fusion all step mix 48 minutes 312 calories Max HR 158, then I did M&F magazine tabata back day 4 and triceps day 5. I did 5 minutes of hooping with my Amazing Hoop at the start then 5 minutes reversing the direction before the triceps workout was 54 minutes and I burned 211 calorise Max HR was 137, I finished with 10 minutes solution Kettlebell Ultimate fat burner 10 minutes and 10 minutes solution Hot Body Bootcamp Stretch 10 minutes calories burned was 83 Max HR was 151. I used a 20# kettlebell. The instructor uses a dumbbell. Total calories burned was 606. 2 hrs 2 min.. My calorie burns have been crappy:confused:

Debbie, those trisets are great. I like it because I can have my weights set up and ready to go for those. Saves me some time. The muscles feel well worked when done too:D

Theresa, I think stretching and yoga is probably a really good idea.

Lori, I will have to go read yesterdays post;) Enjoy your planned workout today.

Hi Everyone!!

So busy at work today- I had no time to check in or post!

Lori - I'm glad things are getting better for you!! Great workout today!

Theresa - A rest week sounds great to me, especially after Debbie's killer rotation!! Really, try to get in lots of Yoga, rest and relaxation!

Debbie - When do we start the next rotation? LOL......no pressure. Great workout today - I did the same one...

Diane Sue - Great workout today..........as usual!! Have a great night!

Today was STS disc #23 legs - brutal!! I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!

Cheryl :D

40/20 is done. Never know what to expect with that one. Sometimes it toasts me entirely. It's never an easy workout for me, but I felt pretty good today. Ended up adding on 5 rounds of Tabata (cardio work using my bike and plyo moves primarily). I would call this a fairly high energy day. I will do biceps and/or triceps tonight.

Cheryl - Glad you found some time to check in and get in your workout. Hope you get to relax later :D .

Diane Sue - Looks like you did lots of good stuff today. I have been experimenting with Tabata upper body workouts this week and now understand what you mean about low HR. It surprises me a little. Tabata can be SO TOUGH for certain cardio moves, I sort of thought there'd almost have to be more of a cardio effect with weight training. I get a very good burn and my muscles feel well worked, but my heart rate seems to stay down there. I still think it's a great approach. I find it pretty fun and time goes fast but it does puzzle me. Anyway, great workout today :D

Hi Lora, Hermia and Roselyn.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Lori

Cheryl-I'm sure a rest week is needed for you too ;) Hope today was better than yesterday

Lori-I'm sorry you didn't get any answers to your questions/female problems. I hate that they just throw hormones at everything....wtf. There has to be a reason that things change, why is it so hard to do some testing or try something natural first before getting people all jacked up on hormones. I am DONE w/ synthetic birth control. It is the devil. I think the achiness is still related to the Yaz getting out of my system, but I am not entirely sure. I can only blame the Yaz for so long :rolleyes: I would be inclined to agree that you had a HIGH ENERGY DAY :eek: since you did Tabata AFTER 40/20. You are a true maniac :)

Diane Sue-what is on the agenda next? I always wondered (from the previews) why the instructor used a db for a kb workout? odd.......I got the tonique workouts and want to work them into a rotation. I really feel the need to work out 5 days a week and save the 6th day for a stretch. I rarely get 6 days in anyway.

I looked a preview for the Turbo Fire and it looks pretty good. I have not been a fan of Chalean in the past, but this does not look to bad. Also, Tracie Long has some workouts coming out later this month that are ALL 30 mon and under. I think I will get those :)

I feel like I got quite a lot accomplished today. Got a lot of errands ran, presents bought, some mailed. I got all of my planters weeded out and even got the dog brushed:D I have to be up early tomorrow and headed out.

Lori, the tabata weight workout time does move quickly. Once I got the weights right it was tough. By the 6th set I was really slowing down. I think I got in great workouts. Not much recovery time between sets, but just enough to muster up the energy for the next set. Today though when I was doing overhead tricep extensions when I hit the 8th set I absolutely could not get the dumbbell raised 1 more rep. I think I stopped 2 seconds before 20. I got it part way up and couldn't push it any farther. I think it has to provide some nice benefits with strength.
In response to the wood shingles, I think they do look nice. The thing is they are a fire hazard. Also when we had them removed our insurance went down.

Theresa, I am not sure what I am doing next. This month is so crazy busy I have not had a lot of time to even think. The instructor on that 10 min solution does give some nice form pointers. If you know how to use the kettlebell I think it is better. For some moves she tells you that if you are using a kettlebell to hold it by the base. She is using a pretty small dumbbell. I used a 20# kettlebell. It is a decent dvd though. I was disappointed in the ab work though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.