Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/30

Today was cardio and on tap was Drill Max Scrambled Cardio Blast premix. Very fun workout, loved it! Used the stability ball, step and a 5# hand weight for some of the drills. Very cool variety.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
34 minutes above zone
403 calories burned

Going for my weekend getaway with my cousins today. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Debbie-good work. I hope you have a great weekend getaway :D

Yesterday I did a circuit. I used the TRX and Ropes Gone Wild: 3 rounds of 6 exercises 30sec work 30 sec rest. Total time was 40 min and I burned 596 calories. It was a great workout :p DH did it with me, and he "says" he is going to do a plyo workout w/ me today but we shall see. I did the following exercises: chest press, bw row, tricep ext, bicep curl, one leg lunge w/ kick, and trx ab wheel. I feel tight today, but NOTHING like Monday's workout :) It feels nice to be able to walk again w/o wincing in pain :p

Linda How exciting :) That is a wonderful opportunity for your daughter, I hope she does great.

Lori- I just saw your post about the Gauntlet going on forever LMAO :p sounds like you have quite a bit of "projects" to keep you occupied. I would probably shut down and not do anything-which I can do at times when there are several things looming. Let me know what you think about that Enter the Kettlebell. I got my sister a kb DVD from Dragon Door for Christmas (the kb goddess one). She said it was good but not a lot of cuing.

Hermia-nice to hear from you again :) Has your schedule changed to something more managable yet?

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!!

Debbie - I hope you have a GREAT weekend - it's so fun to get away!! I hope you are working on the next rotation over the weekend :p j/k.

Lori - Good luck with all of the home improvement projects. I don't know what I would do if I lived in a house not in some phase of construction. I actually have started to enjoy doing "demo" stuff, and at least it's good exercise. Also, it definitely saves some $ doing it yourself. Great workout yesterday......Have a great weekend.

Linda - Congrats about your daughter - you must be so proud of her!!

Diane Sue - I'm sorry if my text came across the wrong way yesterday - I was trying to kid around about how much you do, and I meant do you ever get a "Calgon take me away" day off..... I actually am a little jealous that I don't have more time for exercise:eek:, probably because I don't manage my time very well. I hope you have a great weekend.

Theresa - I'm glad your pain has finally resolved! Great workout today.

Ok....today was High Step Training and let me tell you......ARGH......the high step is really not my favorite. I actually wasn't paying attention and hit the side of the step this morning, resulting in a very loud and slightly painful fall on my a@#........my DH found this very funny as he woke up and ran down stairs to see what the he@# just happened.......anyway, I managed to get through the rest of the workout with further mishaps, although the high step is still not my fav.

Have a great weekend everyone.....I will try to make some time to post on Sat or Sun before we get into "camp season" full swing. Also, I wanted to add that I am looking forward to camping season for all of the cross-training and increased exercise. We tend to go hiking, biking, swimming, walking, etc much more than while we are home, and I even try to go for a good run at least once on Sat. or Sun. while DH rides his bike......can't wait......

Cheryl :D

Good morning - Posted kind of late last night - guess you saw :p . Leaner legs today. I'm going to pay a quick visit to CTX over the next few days, then cycle through Slow and Heavy again (I think) -- that or Gym Style.

Theresa - That was a tough workout yesterday! Dang :eek: I thought maybe you'd take it easy. Clearly not. The TRX looks like a great piece of equipment. I've checked it out a few times and would love to have one. If your DH said he's going to do a Plyo workout with you today, he must have had fun yesterday. I hope he does. Would that be Cathe's Plyo Legs or something else? Also, what you said about "shut down" when you get overwhelmed. YES. I can do the exact same thing. I have been lately, in fact. That's probably why, in part, I stated it here -- that I AM going to do it. We have a friend of the family who's a carpenter. He could likely build a house from top to bottom. He's helped me before, as in telling me what I need to do next if I get stuck. So it will be ok. This stuff has been weighing on me for sure, though. That can be an energy drain in itself.

Debbie - You may be gone already. If not, have a great time and also, one of the DVD's I ordered was Tracey Staahle's new Kickbox - the one that you mentioned :) .

Cheryl - I've been there. Had more than a few graceless falls. No witnesses, except the dog and cats, but I was still pretty :eek: . Glad you didn't get hurt. Hope you have a great weekend :) .

Posted some other personals last night, so I won't repeat here. Hope everyone has a great morning.

Lori

Lori-it's good that you have back up if you need it. We have the help, now we just need the money to get crap done. I swear, there are days I want to set fire to our house :) The plyo workout will just be plyo moves 30sec on/30 sec off w/ a 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down. We shall see what happens :) Good luck w/ Leaner Legs

Theresa

I started my workout with Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med ball athletic mix 30 min, 177 calories, Max HR 154. Then I did M&F men's magazine Tabata workout 5 triceps, biceps, and forearms 54 min, 284 calories Max HR 155(this was during bicep work). I followed with High Step Training Advanced cardio only segment twice and the stretch 30 min, Max HR 167:D 236 calories. Finished with 10 min solution Bootcamp Stretch 10 min 22 calories. Total calories burned today 719, time 2 hr 4 min ..
Tabata workout 8 sets each exercise 20sec work/10sec rest 2-3 min rest between exercises. During triceps I did 1 min of jacks during breaks. During biceps I did 1 min with my amazing hoop, during forearms I did air squats during the 10 sec breaks and hooping between exercises.
triceps
lying tricep extensions Bowflex 50# each hand
Pressdown Bowflex 100#
overhead tricep extensions Bowflex 40# each hand
Biceps
barbell curl 46# barbell (up 5# from last week)
Incline curl on stability ball 20# dumbbells
Hammer curl alternating 25# dumbbells(up from 20's last week)
forearms
wrist curl 12# dumbbells
reverse curls 5# dumbbells
Workout intensity levels:
Hi/Lo Med ball High Step Training Tabata
lower level 10:32 6:06 (mostly the stretch time) 25:57
mid level 7:46 1:33 22:00
high level 11:49 21:51 8:53

Now for personals. It is raining here today. Glad I ran out when I got home with the grandchildren and did some weeding and planting. I got my strawberry baskets hung. It seems like that wind has slowed. I had to move some pots because it was way to windy.

Cheryl, I understand what you meant. As far as Calgon moments, not many LOL It seems when I do think I am going to take me time and sit in the whirlpool tub or lie down and just read I get a call and am scrambling and regretting that I wasted time relaxing. I don't relax well anyway. Even when we watch a movie I am on the computer or doing something. I multi task constantly. I am sure you will enjoy camping season. Oh, I have had my mishaps. Some I am sure were pretty comical.

Debbie, enjoy your weekend getaway:D

Theresa, that sounds like a nice workout combination. I bet the ropes gone wild are fun. I just don't see me working out outside. I would feel like the whole world was looking at me and I would be doing all kinds of kluzy things LOL

Lori, I like to do some of those home projects. I don't know why the nasty prep work has to be the longest part though. We did the floor in one of my dh police station offices once.(This was a different city than he now works for) It was tedious to say the least. Carpet glued to tile and tile glued to tile. It was a lot of work getting it smooth so we could retile. We remodeled almost the whole police station. It was mainly our family doing it. Looked so nice when we were done. DH did carpentry early on in our marriage. You will have to let me know what you think of Extremely Ripped 1000:D

Hermia, glad to have you check in. I am sure you will get back to more workouts when you can. School will be out soon won't it? Or do you work all summer?

Last edited:
Taking a short break from my yard work.:confused:

This morning was STS Disc 27 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps. Went really, really light on shoulder work. Average on Biceps & Triceps and tried to work the negative. And again since I was going with light weights I skipped all the rests making it a giant set workout.

Finished Leaner Legs. I went relatively heavy (not so much to compromise range of motion or form) and took a little longer breaks when I needed to and it really felt ... GREAT :D ! Worked really hard. Guess I needed that. I’m thinking about doing Karen Voight’s Great Weighted Workout floor work for legs this evening. That or some ss cardio.

Theresa - I really did "laugh out loud" about burning your house down. Honest to God, there are days that arson seems like a viable home improvement project to me, too. It’s the getting overwhelmed thing. And so many things I call home improvement are really just “maintenance.” Seems like something always needs to be fixed and a lot of the time I don’t know how. I'm learning, though and I’m grateful we have this house - I’m glad DS does. If it weren’t for him, I’d never have bought it. It’s a good thing. Even so, I was thinking this afternoon that the money I "saved” by doing it myself is money I don’t technically really HAVE to begin with :confused: . It’s theoretical savings. And then, I was feeling like maybe I shouldn’t have ordered those DVD’s, and THEN, I ended up in the place you talked about (could I borrow your lighter for a second ;) ?). Funny how I can do all that to myself in just a few minutes of thinking. Maybe that’s a redeeming quality of no-brainer work like scraping. My brain isn’t necessarily my best feature. Never know when it will turn on me. Anyway, appreciated your comment so much. Glad I’m not the only one that feels that way sometimes. I hope Enter The Kettlebell has good cuing. I need it and that’s why I ordered it. I’ll let you know. The plyo workout sounds good. Hope DH joins you.

Diane Sue - Once I get into it, I like the projects too (usually). “Tedious” prep work is exactly right, though. Your project sounded huge! That’s a big space :eek: I’m pretty excited to get the new DVD’s - and I think I really need the foam roller. I will definitely let you know after I try out Extremely Ripped 1000. It’s been raining here today, too. Sounds like your yard/garden are coming along nicely.

Cheryl - You too, huh? I guess maybe that’s just the nature of having a house (projects). You said you like “demo (as in demolish)?” You and my DS. He’s all over the tearing down/apart/asunder aspect of this kind of work. I guess it is pretty fun/therapeutic, even. Sounds like you’ll have a great weekend.

Linda - That is a GIANT, giant set and a really good idea. Bet you get a pretty good burn. Hope your shoulder’s quit acting up. Are you still working on the pool project? Just hope you don’t over due and have a good weekend :D.

Hope everyone's having a good Friday!

Lori

Lori, I think that you should get a foam roller. These are the best devices. You can get a full body massage from one of these. Check out Keli Roberts Flexibility for the inflexible dvd. There are quite a few foam roller exercises online. But, I think that for the lowcost this is one of the best.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.