Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/29

Today was leg day and I did STS Meso 1, Disc 9, Legs. Good endurance workout and it worked my hamstrings in a big way. I also did the extended stretch at the end.

Had a pretty good workout, I'm really tired today. It was hard to get up and get started. Once I got moving I felt good but right now I could take a nap!

Deb-hope you get some pep in your step soon :) That was me yesterday, I could have fallen asleep standing up....

Yesterday I was still mega sore, so I did the cardio premix from Walking Stronger. Workout total was 35 min and I burned 448 calories. I was really pleased w/ that calorie burn b/c it didn't feel like I was doing anything.

ETA: Lori-I just saw your post on the EDT. I'm sorry it fell a bit short of expectations. I would assume w/ that kind of training that the correct weight would be necessary. I'm sure w/ some tweaking, you will find it :D

Today is supposed to be a circuit, but I have to admit that my hamstrings are still quite noticeable, so I am a bit at a loss on what to do......suggestions?

Last edited:
Good Morning ~

Debbie - Glad you had a good workout :) . Getting started (usually the first 5 or 10 minutes) is almost always the hardest part for me. I hear you on the sleepiness. Hope you catch a second wind.

Theresa - Thanks and I agree (about the EDT weights). I'm pretty sure I have a sense of weights that would be more appropriate now, though. Like I said, it's not a program I'd likely commit to solely, but it would make a decent (shorter) second workout for days I do one of those in the evening. It would also be a good add-on for a higher energy day (assuming I ever have one of those again :confused:). Hope you find something hamstring friendly for today. Do you have Kick Max? The combo's (minus the blast) are really gentle and not so intense (but fun and kind of graceful, in my view), if you just want to get some blood flowing and loosen up :) .

I re-worked my schedule for the next couple weeks. I'm doing The Gauntlet from The Terminator compilation DVD today. It has some weight work from Bootcamp in it but not a lot. I'll count it as cardio. I need to get aggressive about some home maintenance/improvement projects today. I also have a fairly important project for work I need to finish by tomorrow. Maybe after The Gauntlet, these things won't seem so daunting.

Have a good day everyone -

Lori

Workout this morning I started with 4Day Split Kickbox cardio only 37 minutes, 208 calories, Max HR 153, then I did Tabata workout 4 Back and Abs 35 minutes 147 calories Max HR 136, I follwed with four day split Kickbox abs adding weight, then I did Kickbox Surge abs. I had to take the girls to school so came back and did In the Ring Quick NRG mix 34 minutes, 202 calories, Max hr 157. I really had a hard time getting my HR up this morning. Took forever to get warmed up into my lower hr zone. 632 calories total today. 1hr 59 minutes
Tabata workout using the Bowflex unless indicated otherwise 8 sets 20 sec work/10 sec rest 2 minutes rest between exercises
Bent over rows 30lb dumbbells
lat pulldown 170lb
seated rows 100lb resistance each hand
straight arm pulldown 100lb
alternating oblique crunch 30lb each hand
cable crunch 160lb kneeling on Bowflex
hr zones
4Day Split kickbox In the Ring
lower end 17:01 10:47
mid range 9:24 10:11
high end 11:17 12:37

Debbie, I was tired this morning too. Figured that is why I was struggling getting the HR up. My energy levels didn't get better till I came back and did In the Ring. I guess the 1/2 serving of recovery drink I had on the way to take the girls to school helped some. It takes me an hour to pick them up and take them to school so I try to get something after the weight work down that is not heavy.

Lori, I felt the same way starting this tabata rotation. I am getting nice weight work in and it is hard but I really did expect to get a little more cardio boost out of it. I even do some jumping jacks during the rests or I would't even have the calories that I am getting. I have not pulled out that Terminater dvd in forever. I used to use those workouts at least once a week.

Theresa, nice calorie burn on walking stronger. I think that workout does a good job getting the HR up and burning the calories.

Good morning everyone!

Today was Drill Max Cardio Mix and I have to say it was a lot of fun, but I agree with the "low energy" level everyone seems to be experiencing this week. I wanted to go back to bed and it took some serious effort to get myself going.

Debbie - Hopefully we will get some good rest tonight and have some serious energy for the rest of the week/end. :p I am really feeling yesterdays leg workout!!

Theresa - I agree with Lori about Kick Max - it's kind of low key, or even Low Max if you have that one. I hope you are feeling better!

Diane Sue - Do you ever take a day off????? OMG, girl...that's a LOT of exercise. Do you have to work? I could never fit in all of that exercise with my more-than full-time job, DH, family, house, etc! I hope you have a great day!

Ok...I have to get back to work. I hope everyone enjoys the day. I am going to bed earlier than stupid early tonight!

Cheryl :D

I am tired today too but it's because I got to bed late. So between being tired and hamstrings that still hurt I didn't want to do anything. However I did manage HiiT 30/30 and that was enough.

Debbie
- Good for you on doing the extended stretch.

Theresa
- LOL on the "still noticeable" hamstrings. Mine too!Nice burn on Walking stronger.

Lori - Good luck with the Gauntlet. I remember those workouts as being pretty intense.

DianeSue
- You may be a bit worn down from the icky stomach yet too. BTW, which to you like better Walking Strong or Stronger?

Cheryl
- Drill Max Cardio on a low energy day? Niiiiceeee!

Cheryl, I take at least 1 day a week off. Every once in awhile I take two. Most of the time it is Sundays. I do daycare for my grandchildren. Most of it is taking them to and from schools and activities. Other than the 2 year old:D I have 6 grandchildren and they go to different schools and I live in a smaller city outside of where they all live. Takes me awhile:)

Linda, I prefer Walking Stronger 2. She adds more variety to it and it has the premixes. Also this one gets my HR up a little more than the first one.

Theresa - Maybe just go light with the weights for lower body when doing the circuit. And sometimes working the legs will warmup the hamstrings and help them feel looser.

Lori - Oooh, have fun with the Gaunlet. That is one scary workout! :eek:

Diane Sue - I should have downed a protein drink before I worked out this morning. I bet that would have helped. Nice going on your workout today.

Cheryl - I hope I have energy tomorrow morning. I am going away this weekend with my cousins for our yearly weekend getaway so I won't be able to do the circuit workout on Saturday. But I plan on getting up early tomorrow to do the cardio workout. Glad you said it was fun, I've never done it before so I have no clue what I'm in for!

Linda - Nice going with Hiit even though you didn't feel it. I think we are all overtraining a bit lately! LOL!! Oh well.... Such is life as a maniac.

Oh I forgot to tell everyone this....My DD (5) has been taking a recreational gymnastics class since September and has just been invited to join Team Training. You can only get here by invitation of a coach or tryouts. :D:D:D:D:D

Linda, that is great that your dd was invited to team training in gymnastics. I bet you are really proud:D

Linda, that's cool about your daughter! I hope she has fun! =)

I've been having a hard time getting the workouts in the last couple of weeks, but this week is shaping up to be better than last.

Monday I did Gym Style chest and triceps, not the whole thing, but enough that I figured I'd be sore the next day (was actually only a bit sore, so could have done more), and then I tried to learn the choreo from LIS.

Wednesday was Gym Style legs the standing part and then abs from Tracey's Hi/Lo Medball.

For today I went to yoga class.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Made it through the Gauntlet :eek: Debbie, "scary” was a good word today. I was afraid it was never going to let me go! Somewhere in there I lost track of which cycle I was in and resigned myself to the possibility that I was going to be doing this workout for the rest of my life. The same thing sort of happened to me when I was in labor :confused: My energy/stamina/vitality must be at a low point - part of my cycle (like you mentioned Theresa), maybe? Seems like the last time I did this workout it flew by. Still, I got a fair amount done today and made some decisions. I’m going to paint our exterior as well as refinish the basement. None of it is highly skilled labor - just ’labor.’ The worst part will be the scraping. I hate scraping. Why do so many projects involve SCRAPING? When I re-did our walls, it was scraping 4 layers of wallpaper off (and the concurrent paste) before I could texture. When I found the oak floor under the carpet, I had to scrape the carpet backing up (someone had glued down the entire carpet with this black tar-like stuff) before I could treat, sand or finish it. The house’s exterior is largely siding. Just the top woodwork and the bottom, stone. Once I get into projects like this, I like them, usually ... in a way ... But really, If Linda can basically relocate a swimming pool by herself and Diane Sue can do … all that she does (and who knows WHAT all the rest of you probably undertake), I can surely handle this.

All this is to say that with the money I’ve saved, one of the things I’m doing/did was order some dvd’s. Enter The Kettlebell from Dragon Door and a handful of others. Maybe six altogether. That adds up, but it was a tiny percentage of what I wanted, so I felt like I was exercising some restraint. Just wait though. I bet within the next month Cathe will put something new out :p .

Debbie - Enjoy your get away. You surely deserve it :) .

Diane Sue - The things I ordered included Extremely Ripped 1000 and a Foam Roller - finally. Thanks. Your workout looked tough today - but good - Cedie says so (that’s a Cathe line from an STS disc, I think). I haven’t really used Tabata for anything but cardio workouts. Intensity can vary a lot even in cardio-based movements. Some, just don’t get very challenging. Others, by the seconds interval I’m already toast. That surprised me initially. I’m very interested in trying it for strength work. I guess I shouldn’t necessarily expect a phenomenal cardio effect, huh?

Linda - I like 30/30. There’s a spot it there where I think the sequencing is really tough and comes on all of the sudden. I’ve had days where it would be more than enough for a workout, for sure. How cool about your daughter :D !!!

Roselyn - Debbie said Disk 9 really got her hamstrings. Is it the one with all the sets of Deadlifts?

Hermia - looks like a good workout week for you. I just ordered a new yoga video. It’s Baron Baptiste’s Foundations. I kind of like him.

Theresa - Hope you found something good today, even if it was rest for your cranky hamstrings ;) !

Cheryl - I think right now you are sound asleep. Hopefully that's next for me.

Sleep Good (if any of you are still up io read this)!

Lori

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.