Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/28

Today was Triceps. Had a decent workout. My head is all stuffed up again. This weather changing is killing me. It was 85 yesterday and today only 70.

WTF?

And my HRM kept losing my HR. I need to change the battary. I keep forgetting to do that.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
50# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Love this exercise! Probably could have gone to 55#.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
16's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***These burn like crazy.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
25# - 8 sets/12-8 reps
***Had to stop early on two sets. These are killer.

Double-Arm Kickbacks:
5's - 8 sets/14-12 reps
***Another great burn.

Tricep Band Pulldown:
Purple Band - 8 sets/14 reps
***These really burn. I really like this exercise.

Got on the treadmill and did Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace and did Challenge #1. I did the 5 - 1 minute sprints and with each freakin' sprint my HR monitor lost my HR. I was so pissed. So I know the calorie burn isn't exactly dead-on.

HR STATS
58 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
48 minutes in zone
3 minutes above zone
410 calories burned

That is all....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am going to do Back/Biceps/Abs and 45 mins cardio. Last day of heavy rotation.

Debbie,

Great job with all that!

Diane Sue - We must have posted at the same time this morning! Sorry about that!

And anyone see the last post from yeterday's thread? Is that Lora? I thought her user name was Loraac?

Debbie,

I am pretty sure that is Lora. Alot of us I know have been missing her so I hope she post again today like she said. Maybe Lora is feeling "I MISS YOU" vibes cuz we do miss you, Lora!!!

Hey guys! I only have a minute- crazy busy day. I did Rhythmic Step today- I love this workout! I burned 547 calories, I think.

Diane Sue: Yep, I agree about Amy's 10 Minute BC- I like the cardio section and agree it is a nice add on here and there. That's why I bought it- sometimes I just want a little something extra and that is an easy fix. Plus, I like the stretch segment. :D

Shana: I'm sorry things are tough right now, especially on the DH front. WTG on the workout- it will make you feel better. :) Keep us posted. As for the meatloaf, I used mild salsa, so it wasn't too spicy. But my kids won't eat meat in any case. Le sigh.

Dallys: We missed ya! Rides sound terrific!

Gotta run!

Debbie great workout. Wow!

Char, We'll be doing our last weights for Meso 2 tomorrow, then a rest week and then on to Meso 3. Can't wait.

Patti, Love Rhythmic Step. It's so fun.

Talk again later after I do my cardio today.

See yas,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hey Freaks, Hotties and Maniacs - yes, it is I, lora J!! the new name is cuz I couldn't get my old one to work when Cathe redid her Forum.

Let's see........I'll try to keep this brief......but it's been way too freakin' long maniacs.

Today I did David Kirsch 7 Day Rx, Chest & Tri's and then added on some upper body from his One on One DVD for a total of about 50 minutes and then I went for a jog/walk with my 10 pound weight vest and my Ipod for 55" and finished with Slim & Limber stretch. Workout was about 2.5 hours and I burned approximately 850 calories.

Eats were fat free cottage cheese/pineapple and a Muscle Milk Light Chocolate Caramel swirl...and I'm getting ready to eat my Steel Cut Oats, fruit and yogurt prior to going into work this afternoon.

What else? Well....lost my job at Nissan back in Oct due to downsizing and I've been working crazy retail hours at Dillards in the Women's Fragrance Dept since then. I'd like to eventually get promoted to cosmetics, but you have to sell so much per hour....and it's a tough economy...so we shall see if I can even keep the job and "make my numbers".

DH & I are trying to work on our marriage and have postponed our divorce until the end of June. Long story short, I had no intention of going back with him...but on 1-23, I was to meet him for dinner to discuss possibly getting back together .....Anyway, we went to the grocery store together (prior to the dinner date) and I slipped on a garbage bag and did a flip and a half down my basement stairs and was unable to walk for 4 days and he took care of me....and he's been here ever since. He's working on himself...so we shall see what happens. I know you ladies never thought I should go back with him, thus one of the reasons I've been afraid to post. However, I think a 20 year marriage and the fact that he claims to really have an eye opening experience from me walking out deserve him a second chance.

As far as workouts, I continue to have exercise ADD and own a phenomenal amount of DVDs. I have STS, Chalean Extreme ...etc...but have yet to do a rotation. Lately, I've been experimenting with Squeeze, Bar type workouts followed by a day of Cardio/weight circuits. I'm nursing the injury from the fall (hurt my rib pretty badly and my entire right side....mostly my core). I was unable to workout for about a week and have had to modify....plus I'm nusring a groin pull injury that happened back in October and I can't get it to heal.....but mostly cuz I've been working out 7 days a week!! LOL. I haven't had time for much yoga lately....but I want to get back to it soon.

As far as music - all of you rockers, do yourself a fave and download Pop Evil from Itunes.....and you won't be sorry! Great freakin' workout music. I've also been jamming the latest Papa Roach....and Love the song, I Almost Told You That I Loved You. If you haven't heard that song and Hollywood Whore, do yourself another fave and download those. The album rocks also. My latest concert was Nickelback and Seether and I'm scheduled to see Nickelback with Hinder and Papa Roach in July and August.

I've upped my protein intake and my weight has increased and I'm still fighting the middle aged bulge! It get's harder and harder.

Toasty - are you working these days?

Diane Sue - I see you got kettlebells. How long have you had them and have you had any results to speak of? Do you have Santa Monica and Empire State? Do you like them?

Deb - how the heck are you? You look good. I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to see the picture trails everyone used to have. I can't quite figure out this new website.

Dallys - I see you're still a mountain bikin freak! Go girl!

Hi to everyone else!

I'll try to start posting regularly, but on days I work and early shift after a night....I'm usually running too behind to post in the AM and no computer at work.....but I'll try to stay in touch.

Oh...one last tidbit of info....my little cat, Brooklyn (the baby) sprouted a testicle at the end of Spring last year and we had it removed......and then we started having problems with her spraying again a few months ago and low and behold, she sprouted another testicle....so my little freak kitty (or hermaphrodite......as they call it) had 2 testicles and lord knows how many ovaries they removed from her when she was spayed!! My vet was dumbfounded!! She made cat history at his practice!

Lora - So good to hear from you. I'm sorry you felt as though you couldn't post due to how we felt about your dh. Lora, you need to do what you need to do. We can't tell you otherwise. And we will respect your choices. I hope you know that. I'm happy to hear he is changing. That is excellent news!

Thanks for the songs! You know me, I'll be downloading them! :p

And welcome back! :cool:

Oh, and my picturetrail is gone. So you won't find it anymore.

Hey Peeps!

Looks like it's a reunion day! HEY LORA!!! Great to see you girl! You sound good. I'm glad things are going well for you. You sound happy. You sure have been missed. Of course I haven't been around either, but when I do pop in I always miss seeing you around. I wish you the best with everything.

I'm going in to work late today (had a migraine so getting a late start to my workout - leg day) so I just thought I'd stop in and say hey!

Not much new. Still struggling to build up my legs and get more lean muscle mass. Until I can keep weight on I won't be able to. I got up to 119 a week or so ago and actually held on to it for almost a week so I thought I was good to go and keep gaining but then I lost it all and I'm back to 116. I had my body fat measured and it's only 10.74 so I'm really struggling. DH has a cop friend who is HUGE (muscle huge, not fat huge :p) and he owns a nutrition store in town for bodybuilders and stuff so I'm gonna meet with him to talk about supplementation to help me. I've been trying for too long now and I just can't seem to eat enough. If it were all about eating Big Macs and fries I'd be there in two days! Ha!

I've finally quit being psycho about cycling. I feel more well-rounded as an athlete. Cycling is just one of the cardio choices in my life these days. It's so freeing not to be obsessed. I also continue to do the elliptical and ride the recumbant bike. I haven't done a lot of step b/c of my hip but if I can get more meat on my bones that will probably help my joints.

If you guys want some new inspiration, check this gal out:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/cwpullups/

She's 43 and amazing! She also has a website. She's trying to break the world record for pullups. There's a video of her doing them. Crazy stuff!

I hope you all are well. I miss you guys. :(

I'm off to work legs, abs and do cardio. Have a fantastic day!

lorajeanne, It's good to meet you. Sounds like life is handing out a little harsh dose to you. Hope your body heals and also hope you and your hubby can make things right between you two. All I can suggest is if it is 50% more happy than sad then you should try to work it out. Anything else is a waste of time. Hope the best for you two. Keep us all in touch. I'm sure everyone here loves and miss you, as you'll soon find out.

For me, I've been here before, a very long time ago, reason I left was I just wasn't true to myself. To make a long story short, now I am true to myself and ready to be a hard body. And all it takes to make one.

Debbie, got the Tabata Training sheet. Just need some instructions on how to do it. What is "BW" mean? Does this (13/13/13/11/..) mean you do 13 reps wait 10 seconds, then do 13 reps again, wait 10 seconds...? How did you do on them, I mean did you see results? It looks hard, is it? Wait, let me answer that, of course it is.

Thanks Debbie for this, when I'm done with STS If I can get my Joey to do this we'll do it then. But, Since I was the one to pick STS first it is now his turn to either pick P90X, Another STS series, or this one. If it isn't the Tabata Training this time it will be when I get to choose again. Thanks again, I appreciate this.

Janie

Last edited:
Suz, I don't think I've met you. I've been away for awhile, but back cause I have serious wants to make my body strong. I can't beat this forum in inspiring me to do this. I see you are struggling along with us trying for perfection on our training. Let us know about the nutrition you will use and if it works for ya. If I could tell you how to get meat on your bones I would. For me all I have to think about is food and I gain. Just the opposite of you. That link is awesome and inspiring. I hope she breaks the record.

Janie

Last edited:
Suz - Wow....great Avatar! You're definitely in the Hottie category! I've got to figure out this Avatar thing. I've also got a cell phone with a camera....so SOME DAY in my next life, I'll have to take pic's and figure out how the heck to download them! I wish I had your problem with weight.....but sad to say I'm the opposite. Weigh more than I ever cared too!

Deb - thanks for the kind words regarding the DH and being missed.

Janie Joey - nice to meet you. These ladies are jaw dropping ...do loads for the motivation. Educated bunch!

Has anyone done Chalean Extreme or an STS rotation and if so, what were results like?

Lorajean,

I remember you! Now that I see your avatar. So glad you came back. You are not a stranger. I do remember the problems you've had. Hope everything turns out well for you.

Janie
[FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]

Janeyjoey - I thought we knew each other.

Off to work........gotta go try to sell some Fumes!! I'll check back after work......but it will be late so I assume everyone will be gone.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; orange
M5: Turkey patty w/pickles
M6: Parmisan Talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein pancake w/1 tbsp. PB

1649 calories
54 g. fat - 30%
144 g. protein - 35%
151 g. carbs - 37%

Excellent breakdown. Wish I could do this every day.

We just got back from looking at the condos and town houses. I think we are going to put a bid in on a patio home we looked at. We spent 3 1/2 hours looking. Poor grandbaby was exhausted by the time we got home. Have to leave again here in a bit.
I enjoyed Amy's Kettlebell workout. I was a little worried about the overhead swings but she does hold it there a bit so it is not fast constant swinging so I think I may be ok with that. Just don't want to injure anything.

Lora, so glad to see you back. I have really missed your input on workouts here. As far as your dh you have to go with your heart and how you feel about it. You know your situation better than any of us.
I love my kettlebells. I did a rotation from www.musclewithattitude.com by Rachel Cosgrove for fat metablolism that really was great and she used Providence as a metabolic workout between weight workout days. Really leaned me out. I have Empire State and Newport from AOS.
I just went through all 12 weeks of STS and am now going back and doing Plyo legs with the Endurance upperbody workouts and adding in Kettlebells. I used my Bowflex and did the heavy leg work on Mesocycle 3 before. Results, are I know I have gained strength because I have went heavier on these than before. But I did gain 2% bodyfat but I am pretty sure it was diet. To many stops for fast food and Starbuck:eek: I am working hard on my nutrition again though.

Suz, great to see you check in. I saw your last additions to your bodyspace. It looks to me like you are adding some nice muscle size. I know what you mean about eating and nutrition along with trying to add some muscle size. I am still on that struggle to add some muscle to legs and hips without adding it in fat. After my 2% fat gain I have kind of freaked and went back to more cardio. So, I am trying to use a little more cardio with weights in the mix to boost the metabolism. It sounds like you are doing better.

Janie, not Debbie but I think the BW means body weight:)

Lora - Great to see you back. Been thinking a lot about you! Sorry to hear you felt you had to stay away, I certainly do not sit in judgement. Hope it all work outs for you!

Suz - Nice to see you too. Although I must say I hate you :p for your weight gain issues as I struggle desperately over here to get off the 10 lbs. that I have gained.

Dallys - Miss you too! It sounds like you have been having a lot of fun!

Patti - Have any great fresh asparagus recipes? Not including meat of course.;)

Today was Triceps and Biceps. Had a good workout compared to yesterday. I kept the weight the same again, but my reps went up so that's good, but only by 1 or 2.:p

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran during two minute rest between each set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
40# - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Lying DB Extensions:

15's - 8 sets/ 9-8 reps
***Left arm did much better today! Last week it wanted to quit long before the right. :D

Double Arm Kickbacks
8's - 8 sets/ 15-13 reps

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls:
17's - 8 sets/9-7 reps
***Oh did go up 2# here and it just about killed me!:p

Reverse Up, Curl Downs:
12's - 8 sets/8 reps
***No elbow pain on this one this week.:D

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/11-9 reps

Then got back on the TM and ran for 4 minutes to complete 1 mile. Also did stretch from 4 DS HIS. Workout was 1:05 minutes and burned about 456 calories. Guessing because I forgot to turm HRM on until over halfway through.

Hey Maniacs! Just finished a late lunch, ememame and homemade whole wheat toast w/avocado and a diet coke:p. I'm going to go on a road bike ride here in a sec. I also got the new Amy Kettlebell workout.:cool: I wanted to do that this morning, but dh screwed up my time slot by putting the bread in the oven so it would get done right in the middle of my workout. I can't workout like that, messes up the flow and everything...

You guys and your ultra-mega-high calorie burns are making me feel like a loooosar!:eek::eek:

Diane Sue- Do I need 2 of the same size Kettlebells with Amy's workout? Hopeing I can get away with just the 2 singles I have. You must have sold your house? I'm behind the news here.

Lora- Long time no see girl! I'm happy that you and dh are trying to work things out. 20 years is nothing to sneeze at. I'm also shocked you are eating cottage cheese! LOL! I know how picky you are.;) Oh, and sorry you took a tumble down the stairs. Yikes! You're cat story is amazing! Crazy stuff.:D I almost finished a CLX rotation. Made it up until the last phase and then only did one week of that. I really liked it, but it's not as hard as say, P90X. You can lift pretty heavy in the 2nd phase, which is fun. I think a lot of people have gotten great results with it when they follow it and the diet faithfully. I that usually goes with any rotation though.

Linda- Thanks! I have been having some fun!

Debbie- The weather here has been totally up and down. It will snow one day and be 70 degrees the next and rain rain rain the next. I can't plan anything!

Suz- How you been? I'm shocked you and your bike are just friends now!:p It's nice to be free of things isn't it? Last I remember you were down to 110 or something, so you must be putting on some muscle. Maybe that guy can help with the supplements.

Janey- I ordered some SF sourdough starter. Although my own is getting pretty sour now. Of course my loaf of bread today is sort of flat and unattractive, lol. I ordered the book "Artisan Bread in 5 min. a day", have you heard of this? One day, I'll be a bread maker.:rolleyes:

Patty- Thanks! I've been enjoying all your recipes you post, even if I haven't made any yet.:p Was that turkey artichoke recipe any good? I'm in the mood for some taco type soup. I made a clam chowder the other day that was pretty good. No cream, but a titch of butter and some bacon.

Toasty- I had something to ask you, but now I can't remember darnit. My memory only lasts so long anymore.:p

Teddy
- Happy house hunting!

Shana- Thanks! Great going that you got in a kick butt workout after your crappy day yesterday!

My bike is calling me....

Drats! It's way windy outside.:mad: I'm going to go do Amy's kb workout and then see how the wind is after. Not a fan of the wind.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.