Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/27

Today was total body and I did Muscle Endurance.

HOLY CRAP! :eek:

I forgot what a burner this workout was. Used about the same weights Cathe did and got a great burn with every exercise. The leg presses got me good. I'm hoping to shape this butt up for summer.

Love the Glute Raises in this one, too. It really kills my glutes.

Having fun with this rotation. I'm gonna make up a follow-up for the next 4 weeks. :D

Debbie-ME is killer. Is it me or does it seem like those leg presses never end? :eek:

Yesterday I did a Tabata Style workout I modified from the one Morningstar posted on the OD. I did 8 reps/8 sets w/ a 10sec rest per set and a 1 min rest per exercise. Time (w/ stretch)was 56 min and I burned 697 calories. This was killer :)

pushups
squats-this took longer b/c this exercise started my legs cramping :(
bb row (mixed over, under, and pull ups)
bicep curls (mixed standard, hammer, and wide)
deadlift (mixed standard and romanian)
pullovers-db
shoulder (mixed presses w/ lateral raises)
chest (mixed presses-flat, incline, decline)
triceps (dips, overhead ext, and skull crushers)

I think that is it......

Lori-thanks for the prayers, I can never get enough of that :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!!

Debbie - Yup, I was REALLY feeling ME from yesterday this morning!! I did BM2 cardio today because I don't have Imax 2 - good workout!! I also ran/walked with the dogs again this morning, and I'm happy to say that I am down 2 lbs!!! YYYiiiiippppeeeee...........even with poor eating over the weekend.

Anyway, I have a seasonal camp in the Adirondacks (about 2.5 hours away from home) and a camp on a local lake (about 25 min away), so my summers tend to be a bit crazy. We live at home 2 days a week, at the closer camp 2-3 days a week, and at our "up-noth" camp on the weekends and holidays. It's really a lot of fun, but it gets crazy trying to do laundry, shopping, packing and unpacking......:eek:

I hope everyone has a great day. It's raining and cold here today, but the next several days it is supposed to warm up and we may even see the sun!!

:)Cheryl

I stayed up way to late. DH didn't get home from the city council meeting till after 10:00 It was 11:30 by the time dinner was done and I got to bed. Anyway I got up and did my workout and quick shower before taking the girls to school.
I started with Shock Cardio Athletic Step since I like to be well warmed up before I do leg work. Workout was 47 min and I burned 339 calories,
lower intensity 8:42 min, mid intensity 5:48 min; high intensity 32:22 min
Max HR was 157. Then I did M&Fitness Tabata workout 2 legs and calves 38 min 200 calories Max HR 150 but stayed at the lower intensity level most of the time, I finished with Legs and Glutes floor leg and glute work 11 min with 5# ankle weights and the stretch 5 min 53 calories. Total calories today was 592 workout was 1hr 41 min..
Bowflex was used for all exercises except standing calf raises. All exercises were 20sec work/10sec rest 3 min rest after most and a w/up 8 sets each exercise
Squat 200lb resistance
leg press 310 lb
leg extensions 160lb
leg curl 70lb
standing calf raise 30lb dumbbells
seated calf raises on Bow Flex 310lb

Morning Maniacs -

back to work today after 2 days off. I'm severely depressed. Can't snap out of it. I don't even want to go to work. I might get called up to the manager's office for that email I sent Saturday....oh well.

The DH worked out with me. Did Leslie Walk & Kick followed by Stephanie Huckabee Powerfit Cardio. Workout was 65" and I burned 595 calories. Max HR was 156. Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - good going on ME. Are you enjoying GH?

Diane Sue - Hope your day has some free time later.

Hi to everyone else.

Good Morning -

Shock Cardio Circuit Blast for me today. I will probably try the 3 exercises for 15 minutes thing (EDT) tomorrow. I posted a link that gives an example for it yesterday evening. It'll be a trial run to see how it feels. If I like it, I may incorporate it into the next couple of weeks somehow.

Debbie - You have me thinking about ME now - such a great workout. Have you ever tried the premix that integrates ME and Bootcamp? I like that one, too. What a good rotation :D .

Theresa - That workout sounds - really tough -- (I like the smiley face after the word "killer." Suitable for this check-in :) ). Yikes. Great cal burn, too! I might have to try that one.

Cheryl - Good choice for cardio. Thanks for explaining about the camp. That sounds really wonderful (I love camping). I'm a Colorado native and miss the mountains - a lot. DS and I still go camping, but it's just not quite the same here in the plains :( . What a great (but very busy, I'm sure) way to spend the summer.

Diane Sue - I like Athletic Step. Your workout looked great - very thorough, for sure. I was up (studying) late last night, too. It felt good to do that, but I'm very yawn-ish this morning. Hope you aren't too tired today :D.

Have a good morning everyone!

Lori

Lora - We posted at the same time. So sorry about the depression. Not sure what else to say, but it seems like it's been hanging on for quite awhile and I feel for you. I know exercise is supposed to help, but you've surely got that covered. Maybe it's digging into your reserves right now. Have you thought about medical help? I'll keep you in my best thoughts. I hope it lifts soon.

Theresa - The leg presses DO last FOREVER!!! :eek: Those are just brutal in this workout. Nice workout with Tabata today! I seen that thread morningstar posted.

Cheryl - Nice workout. How will you get your workouts done with all the different places you are at in the summer? And you need to get Imax 2. I can't believe you don't have that workout. :eek:

Diane Sue - Nice workouts you crazy lady! You make my head spin!

Lora- Yes, I'm really enjoying GH lately. Good stuff on there and I'm liking a lot of the newer characters. How about you?

Lori - Yes, I've done the ME/BC premix before and remember it being a good one. I should do that one again soon. Maybe I'll put it in my next rotation. :) Thanks for the idea! Nice workout today!

Debbie - There are way too many leg presses in ME for my liking.:p

Theresa - Nice job on the Tabata and making Morningstar's routine work for you. Is the aching better?

Lori - Thanks for the link to EDT looks interesting and will be interested to see how it goes for you. Good for you getting some studying in. BTW, I have a fat cat that licks her hair off if I try to put her on a diet.:confused:

Lora - Sorry your depressed hopefully something will come along to make you feel a bit better.

Cheryl - Wow, my head was spinning just reading how you move around each week during the summer. I hate going away for a weekend if it means missing my workout!:p

DianeSue - Is there a big issue in your town or does DH just like to attend City Council meetings? That was a really late dinner time. Nice work out, I really like Athletic Step.

Wow, for someone who went light with her leg workout yesterday I sure do have some major DOMS. This morning I didn't want to do anything, but Debbie's post yesterday made me pull out BM2 but I only did the Timesaver Cardio Premix. Then on these very same very sore legs I walked 4 1/2 miles with my client. Yesterday I backed my car out of my driveway (which is 400') when I turned forward and took my arm down from the back of the passenger seat I had some pain in my shoulder, then the pain stopped and it just ached. I go back to the doctor on Monday.

Linda - That BM2 workout is fun, I can't believe I've never done it before. You did a lot for not feeling like doing anything, nice job! Sorry to hear about your shoulder. The pain in my neck/shoulder is acting up again as I sit here at work. WTF??? And I'm with you, I don't like going anywhere in the summer because I hate missing my workouts. A day or two is ok, not an entire week or summer. :eek:

Linda-sorry about the shoulder, I hope they get you figured out. And the aching is better-thanks for asking. I did have some really weird muscle cramps in my legs during the workout yesterday-even w/ extra stretching at the end. I took glutamine and ZMA to see if it was a mineral thing, and it seemed to help. I have an appt on Friday to see what the heck is going on, and OF COURSE now that I made an actual dr's appt, things seem to be a bit better. The aching has been replaced by some WICKED doms :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!!

I don't have time to post to everyone today, but look out tomorrow:D. I'm glad everyone is feeling a bit better, as far as injuries are concerned.

Debbie - I have all of my workout stuff at every location - of course!! LOL. I really insisted on having a step in every camp and I bring my DVD's with me. I also have a few barbells and various weights and bands everywhere. In fact, that's why I don't have Imax 2 - LOL. I have a list of Cathe workouts I am going to get at the end of this month while the 30% off 8 DVD special is still going, although I had to get all of my workout acutriments (?sp) in every "camp" before spending money for more DVD's!!

Ok....I gotta go.....I will post to everyone tomorrow. :)

Cheryl

Circuit Blast is done. That did NOT feel like the same Circuit Blast I did last time. Last time it was fun and I had all this energy when I was done, so I did a bunch of Tabata intervals. This time the warm up about did me in. I almost just skipped today. It wasn't just that I felt pooped, I had terrible stamina :confused: . Maybe tomorrow I'll do yoga and wait to try the EDT on Thurs. Not sure what's up with me. I also have a weird rash under my nose and on my eyelids :eek: . Allergies? In any case, it's very attractive :( .

Linda - Sorry the shoulder's still causing you trouble. I kept thinking about studying after you asked, so thanks. Now if I can just stay consistent. :eek: about your fat cat and the hair thing. So odd. Ollie yanks his out. So bizarre.

Debbie - You're welcome! The ME/Bootcamp also (I think) has fewer leg press segments in it :p !

Theresa - Replacing achiness with DOMS is a very good thing. Glad you're doing a little better. What is it about scheduling an appointment that makes the "problem" seem to dissipate? I guess that's good in a way, but also frustrating when you're trying to get to the bottom of things :confused: .

Lori-I hear you on the stamina and general "blah". I feel pretty good so far this week, but last week forget it. I know a lot has to do w/ montly cycles and such, not sure it that is the case w/ you. But I wouldn't be too disappointed, I think circuit blast is not what I would consider a walk in the park. As for tomorrow, I would listen to your body and you can't go wrong :)

What is it about scheduling an appointment that makes the "problem" seem to dissipate? I guess that's good in a way, but also frustrating when you're trying to get to the bottom of things :confused: .

Lori - I just had to jump in here and say that is so true. happens to me all the time, so I starting thinking the doctor's going to think I am crazy.:p:p:p

Not feeling well tonight. I have no clue what it is. Have no desire to eat dinner because I feel sick to the stomach. Didn't have anything unusual. Whey, strawberries, recovery drink, salad with a pouch of salmon on it:confused: Stopped and got frozen yogurt with two of the grandchildren because I found out after I got there that I had to wait an hour and 10 minutes for my grandson to do basketball practice. If I would have been told earlier. I could have waited to go to Walmart till after I picked up Sarah and Olivia. Really did not feel like sitting around waiting. Hopefully it is gone in the morning. I have workers coming at 8:30 to empty the septic tank.

Linda, yes there is a lot going on in our town right now. Two grocery stores are wanting to come in and there is really only enough people here for one. There are other issues as well. DH had officers put in place just in case there were any issues but I think things were pretty calm. It was standing room only.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.