Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/20

This morning was Chest and I sure didn't feel like to workout this morning. My rest day goes by way too fast.

Despite that, I had a good workout. However, I shouldn't have gone so heavy with the barbell press because my right shoulder is talking to me right now. Dangit anyways!

And one more gripe, my HRM doesn't like it when I lay down, it just won't keep my HR. I don't get it, it doesn't move out of place, it just doesn't seem to be able to read me when I'm laying down.

10 minute warmup on treadmill

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
55# - 8 sets/11-8 reps (up 5#)
***By set 6 I was really feeling this. Should have stayed at 50#.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Lots of clicking in the right shoulder. Started to burn a lot here.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8 sets/10-7 reps
***Presses aren't bad, but these got heavy really fast.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Was really fatigued at this point. 15's were perfect.

Then I got on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach #2R, challenge #1 and #2.

HR STATS:
59 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
14 minute above zone
456 calories burned

Another problem I've been having lately is my right glute is REALLY tight. So tight that a slight pain goes down my right leg and into my lower back. Last night I stretched it out and used an infrared massage thingy that heats up on it. The tightness is really deep into the glute area. It felt pretty good this morning but now it's all tight again, probably from the cardio. Not sure why this happened, its been like this for a few months now, but it's really getting unbearable. I don't know what it is with my right side?

I need a rest! :confused:

Morning! I did STS Disc 10 (chest, shoulders and biceps) this morning. It was a great workout but moving up to 70% of the 1RM was a challenge. I felt pretty good that I inched everything up (even if it didn't follow the exact weight on my workout card) but there were a set of drop set shoulder presses at the end that were practically a joke. Eh, next time maybe. :)

My calf / tendon is feeling better! I'm not going to do Cathe cardio this week- take it easy. I may do something light tomorrow morning- I would like to, but I am trying to take a wait and see approach. My right glute is also tight and sore, Debbie. What's with that? Anyway, maybe all of this strain and slight pain is trying to tell me to take it easy this week. Yuck.

Sonya: I can't wait to see your pics- keep us posted!

Thanks for the well wishes on this calf- I'm getting there. Have a great day everyone!

Debbie - I can not believe the weights you push around doing Tabata. Next to you mine are wimpy. I think it's hard to keep going at this pace, how many weeks do you have left? As far as your glute I really recommend a foam roller for getting in there real deep and work it out. Also curious, do you find by set 6 that the training becomes all mental? I find I go inside my head at that point and actually ending up gaining a rep or two on those last sets.

Patti - Good idea on taking a rest week. I know I am looking forward to one, but I would just like to drop some more of this weight before I do. Why is it so easy to put on, but so hard to take off?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

This morning was Chest and had trouble getting my heart rate up today. :confused: So a little disappointed in the calorie burn. Also some discomfort in the right shoulder, so will be careful upping these weights any time soon.

Imax2 through 1st blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
45# - 8 sets/13-9 reps (up 5#)

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
17's - 8 sets/10-7 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Agree w/ Debbie 15's were perfect by this point.

Gonna feel all this later. :p Then did Combos & Blast 2-5 of IMAX 2 and the stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned 448 calories.

I need a rest! :confused:

Last edited:
Patti - Good idea on taking a rest week. I know I am looking forward to one, but I would just like to drop some more of this weight before I do. Why is it so easy tp put on, but so hard to take off?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Linda: I think that was a great calorie burn! As for a good time for a rest week, I'm not sure there is one! I know I wouldn't be taking it easy this week unless my body was making me, you know? Why is it so easy to put on weight, well, the taste of chocolate is wonderful! That's why, at least for me. :p But I'm with you, I hate taking it off!

Debbie - I can not believe the weights you push around doing Tabata. Next to you mine are wimpy. I think it's hard to keep going at this pace, how many weeks do you have left? As far as your glute I really recommend a foam roller for getting in there real deep and work it out. Also curious, do you find by set 6 that the training becomes all mental? I find I go inside my head at that point and actually ending up gaining a rep or two on those last sets.

Linda - Hey girl, I forgot to tell you in my post this morning that I emailed you the rotation again all updated through Saturday. I thought you might want to see the exercises I'm doing.

I've got this week and next to go and then I'm on my week off. Looking forward to it. I am whopped. But I'm still enjoying this training.

I was thinking of getting a foam roller. Need to find one. Putting pressure on it with the massager really felt good.

And yes, around set 6 I go inside my mind as well and usually can do more reps with set 7 and 8. Isn't that weird??? Usually set 5 and 6 are my hardest sets.

My workout is done. I am watching my grandbaby for awhile this morning so guess I will be taking her to the post office and bank with me. We have a vet appointment this afternoon for Puddle. She is losing hair and has bald spots:( This is my last week of STS. I did Chest and back. I also did 4.5 miles on the treadmill and STS extended stretch. Total calories burned was 763. I will check back in awhile.

Mornin', Maniacs!

Look at me - going to post a recipe!! :D

These are really, really good...even Halle likes them! The recipe is from Clean Eating.

Frozen Berry-Granola Squares

1 cup whole-grain granola
2 cups fresh strawberries, raspberries or combo (I used frozen raspberries)
3 cups low-fat Greek style yogurt
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp real vanilla extract

Line an 8" square baking pan with foil.

Sprinkle granola evenly on bottom of pan and set aside.

In a blender, whirl together berries, yogurt, agave nectar and vanilla until blended. Pour berry mixture to the edges of the pan. Cover with foil and freeze until firm, approximately 4 hours. Keep frozen until serving. It is easier to cut the mixture into squares once it sets some but before it totally freezes, or let it thaw some and then cut each time you want some.

Nutrients per 2" square:

Calories: 170, Total fat 2 g, Sat fat 1.5, Carbs 28g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 16g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 64 g, Cholesterol 0 g.

You could easily forego or ease up on the granola if you are avoiding extra carbs. The mixture is so good and really, the granola sort of disappears into it but it does give it a little bit extra in flavor.

Greek yogurt: Tried this yesterday. I put the plain, fat free in a bowl and mixed in a small amount of cocoa powder, frozen raspberries and just a smidge of this sugar stuff I get - it seems sweeter than regular sugar but it is sugar - in more of a natural state. Anyway, maybe 1/8 of a tsp, if that, just to take the edge off the cocoa powder. Then I mixed in 6 dark chocolate chips. Yum.

Debbie: it isn't that sciatic nerve that is bother you? Whatever it is, hope it eases up.

Patti: glad you are listening to your body and that the calf is improving. I cannot say no to chocolate either...it is a health food, after all ;) I only but high quality dark and enjoy it slowly!

Linda: Awesome workout, as usual! You and Debbie are really kicking it with the Tabata training.

So, I have now worked up to running 1.5 miles and found that I am an underpronator b/c my right foot is not feeling so hot. New shoe shopping today. Yesterday, I climbed the stepmill until I reached 200 calories b/c I didn't want a complete rest day but didn't want to go all out - saving that for today!

AND, yep, losing some body fat right where I DON'T want to lose it!!! Darn it - the boobs are going to completely disappear. And you know that I really don't have anything to spare in that area! :mad:

Diane Sue: we posted at almost the same time again. Maybe Puddle has hot spots? Once, one of my cats lost almost all of his hair rather suddenly. The vet came in, puzzled, and said "well, you never see this in a cat..." Well, of course not! He had a rare form of mange that was not contagious but I had just moved and the stress made his hair fall out. Poor guy. He's all back to normal now though - well, blind, but his hair and all of about 17lbs of him are great!

Linda
And yes, around set 6 I go inside my mind as well and usually can do more reps with set 7 and 8. Isn't that weird??? Usually set 5 and 6 are my hardest sets.

Debbie - Got your email and thank you so much for sharing! Thought you were more than a week ahead of me. Could not have said it better about the sets 5 & 6 are by far the hardest!

AND, yep, losing some body fat right where I DON'T want to lose it!!! Darn it - the boobs are going to completely disappear. And you know that I really don't have anything to spare in that area! :mad:

Shana - Thanks for the recipes. Look great! And I so get it about losing fat right where you don't want it. I will say that has been the nice thing about the extra 10 pounds...having boobs for a change, but rest assured they will be the first to go!:mad::confused::(

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Wow..ya'll just chatting away and I can't keep up. I will be back later though.

I'll just post my workouts now:

Saturday: 4 mile fast walk and some running inbetween outdoors.

Sunday:
Legs/Cardio/Abs

LEGS:
Squats 155# 5/8 (went up 5#)
Bulgarian Squats 80# 3/8
Reverse Lunges 100# 3/8
Deads 120# 3/8

ABS: MM

Cardio: 5.4 mi, 398 cals in 45 mins

Today:

Cardio Coach 7
5.3 mi.
446 cals
60 mins

Later I am gonna work chest/shoulders/triceps and do abs again. I am having a hard time getting my weight down. I am just furious out of my mind, but more determined.

Debbie: it isn't that sciatic nerve that is bother you? Whatever it is, hope it eases up.

Shana - No, it's not sciatica this time. It's just a very deep muscle tightness. I know I need to stretch more and bring yoga back into my life, but I just don't make the time or effort for it. I need to, though, before I regret not doing so.

Shana - No, it's not sciatica this time. It's just a very deep muscle tightness. I know I need to stretch more and bring yoga back into my life, but I just don't make the time or effort for it. I need to, though, before I regret not doing so.

Well, that is a good thing, I guess, b/c that nerve is a PITA. I am not much for yoga b/c I am not flexible nor really into the slowness of it all, but that Flexible Warrior one is good. I really enjoyed it a lot. It's by Spinervals.

Linda / Shana: LOL! OMG, me too! I have nothing to spare and they are disappearing by the second, I swear! Drat! Shana, thanks for the recipe- DH will love these!

Morning Maniacs!

Debbie...Sorry about the sore glute...doesn't sound like much fun. How long have you been doing tabata now? Both yours and Linda's workouts are amazing using this technique!

So I have decide to continue following the training plan Olesya made for me but mixing it up with a few of my own.

Saturday's Workout: Back/Chest
BACK
Chin-Ups: 3 sets of 8 (can do all unassited!)
Wide-Grip Pull-Ups: 6 sets of 6 (still working on these!)
Rack Pulls: 165# 6x
Chest-Supported DB Row: 30# 2x4 / 27# 2x4
CHEST
DB Bench Press: 30# 12/10/10
BB Decline Press: 90# 2x8 / 2x10
DB Incline Flyes: 27# 4x10
Push-Ups: 4 sets of 20 (30 sec rest in between)

20 minutes HIIT on TM

Sunday's Workout: Shoulders/Arms/Abs
SHOULDERS/BICEPS SUPERSET
Seated BB Press: 55# 6x / 50# 2x8 / 45# 2x10
Seated Arnold Press: 27# 6x6
superset with
Concentration Curls: 30# 6x6
DB Laterals (slow/slightly bent arm) 17# 4x10
superset with
Hammer Curls: 25# 4x8
Front Raises: 12# (need to go higher next time) 4x10
superset with
BB Prone Incline Curls: 45# 2x8 / 40# 2x8
TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press: 85# 6x6
OH Extentions: 30# 6x8
ABS
Bicycle 3x30
Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 3x10
Hanging Bent Knee Raises: 3x10
Oblique Crunch on SB w/10# MB (in this month's Oxygen) 3x10
Weighted Decline Sit-Up: 10# 2x20
Dragon Flags 3x15
superset with
Bench V-Ups: 3x20
Ab Roll-outs: 5x10

15 minutes HIIT on TM

I am feeling it in my abs today!!!!! :D

As far as my diet I am still eating very clean but have added a few more options back into my diet. Just making sure I am keeping the macros the same as the nutrition plan Olesya outlined for me.

Todays' workout will be Plyometrics. I am going to still use routine from Olesya but also mix it up w/P90X and STS.

My photographer said he should have pics done by today! I've seen a few...very happy with results! Attached a photo....

Attachments

• 0093FIXED.jpg
    0093FIXED.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 41
FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake (post workout)
M3: BSN w/ oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty on one slice whole wheat bread
M5: Snack Wrap
M6: Parmasian Talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs; 2 egg whites

1642 calories
66 g. fat - 36%
134 g. protein - 33%
132 g. carbs - 32%

High in fat today, but good fats. I'm going a little crazy with the PB lately.

Sonya - Thanks! I'm on Week 6 I believe. I have two more to go.

Sonya - Great pic! You inspire me:D and depress me:p at the same time! Those at some nice weights you are pushing around too.

Holy night Sonya! You look incredible! Wow, your dedication has paid off my friend! I'm happy for you and a little envious of your abs. :p Oh and WTG on the chins- I am working on that lately but um, not quite where you are yet. :)

LOL at Debbie's PB bender. Hey, as long as you aren't eating directly out of the jar, you're OK in my book. :)

Great new lunch for me- one egg, half a cup of egg whites, pour in pan. Add a few handfuls of steamed chopped veggies of choice. Top with an ounce of fat free feta and slide it in the oven. When it is done, top with salsa and any other spices.

Must run and take DD to the dentist. She has an extra tooth, isn't that weird??

I ate more carbs this weekend so today I am working on keeping them down some. Especially starchy ones. I had a Muscle Milk Protein shake post workout this morning. Lunch was some turkey sausage scrambled up with egg whites, onions and mushrooms with 1/8 cup lowfat cheese.

Sonya, you look great. I can really tell that you have worked hard. I agree that you really are an inspiration.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.