Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/13

Today was Chest and I had a great workout considering I'm on a sugar hangover. I'm so mad at myself for all the crap I ate this weekend. And I deserve the bloating and crappy feeling. Oy!

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off

2 minute rest between each set

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Last week I had a hard time keeping my HR up, today was no problem. These felt good, could have gone heavier.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps (up 5#)
***Good weight here. Great burn.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8 sets/9-7 reps (up 3#)
***These got hard around set 5. It was all I could do to get 7 reps with the last two sets.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Went down to 15's and this was a good weight here. Great burn and concentrated on the contraction.

Then I jumped on my treadmill and did something different. I did 3 sets of the Tabata style and it went well. I travelled 1.25 miles in just 16 minutes. Took 2 minute rest between each cycle. Got my HR up to 167 bpm at one point.

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
15 minute above zone
467 calories burned
2 miles total (with warmup)

Happy with these stats. :eek:

That is all...

Last edited:
Morning! I am repeating week #3 of STS so I did disc #7, chest, biceps and shoulders. The endless push ups weren't too bad this time- maybe I was just having a stronger day than last week. I also did LIC abs. Yesterday I ended up doing Bodystrikes- not a bad leg workout- bodyweight only and it's endurance. I think I'll use it every now and again for something different. It's great for a second way to hit the legs during STS.

Debbie: Ugh on Easter treats! I did just fine yesterday but now the fun begins- I have a cabinet full of the kids' candy. I think I am going to gradually start throwing it out when they aren't looking. What is the timing for tabata style on the treadmill?

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Saturday's workout:

535 cals burned
60 mins
Traveled 7.4 mil
ABS: 4DS

Sunday's workout: 2 min rest

LEGS:
Squats 150# 5/8
Reverse Lunges 95# 3/8
Bulgarian Squats 80# 3/8
Deadlifts 120# 3/8

Today I am gonna do Imax 2 and live off fish for awhile. I am very determined to drop these few pounds!

Debbie: Ugh on Easter treats! I did just fine yesterday but now the fun begins- I have a cabinet full of the kids' candy. I think I am going to gradually start throwing it out when they aren't looking. What is the timing for tabata style on the treadmill?

Same as the weight lifting - 20 seconds at a sprint, 10 seconds rest 8 times. I'm not so sure that's a good thing for my treadmill, though. :rolleyes:

Char - Nice mileage girl! Wow! Excellent calorie burn, too!

Morning All. I have successfully avoided most of the sugar so far, but but been a bit high on the carbs this weekend.:confused: Which I can live with because it is the sugar that is my complete undoing if I start.

Today was Chest and my workout was so-so. Had trouble keeping my heart rate up.

4DS HIS through first blast for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off

Ran during 2 minute rest between each set

CHEST
Pushup:
BW - 8 sets/13-10 reps 4sets toes/4 sets knees

Incline Bench Press:
42's - 8 sets/14-9 reps (up 2#)

Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8 sets/12-8 reps (up 1#)

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
17's - 8 sets/9-7 reps

Then finished the rest of 4DS HIS through stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned 469 calories.

Morning Ladies 0 today I did Pyramid upper body and did quite well. I then did 20 minutes incline walk on TM with 14# vest.

chest flyes: 15/20/25/20/15
chest press: 15/20/25/20/15

pull overs: 15/20/25/20/15
dumbbell rows: 20/25/30/25/20

rear delt raises: 3/5/8/5/3
lateral raise:3/5/8/5/3
front raise: 3/5/8/5/3

tricep station dips: 12/10/8
regular dips: 10/12
kick backs: 5/8/10/8/10

hammer curls: 10/15/20/15/10
curls: 10/15/20/15/10

will try get abs done this evening.

Workout is finished and I am headed out to run errands since I don't have the baby here today. I really want to hit the nutrition market today and get some more protein powder other than Muscle Milk. I started my workout with STS disc 31 Chest and Back adding an extra 5 min w/up on the bike, then I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill for 45 minutes walking and doing 8 mph 45 second sprints. I finished with STS extended stretch and Tracey Staehle's Parts dvd yoga segment. Calories burned during STS was 375, calories burned on treadmill was 429, Total calories burned today was 932. I upped my barbell rows to 72# today and my one arm rows to 47.5#, deadlifts to 107#:D
pre workout I had two boiled egg whites
post workout Muscle Milk shake mixed with coffee, ice and 1 Tbs raspberry fruit spread
lunch will be zucchini lasagne
dinner fish and asparagus

I am trying to clean up my diet as well. I do notice that if I eat two pieces of fruit - a banana and a pear - that puts my carbs at 50%! I love my fruit and it keeps me full. Suggestions - other than not eating it? i guess i could eat only one piece.

Ally - today mark's 2 months to the day until our Florida vacation and I am committing to logging everything, cutting out the extras unless there is room for them, and really getting down to business. I have the working out part down...now to the eating. I read somewhere not long ago that berries are great for fruit b/c they are lower in sugar and so high in fiber. I like pears and bananas but they can be so sweet. Then again, if you read some of the articles on figureathlete.com and tnation, they say eat as much of the good stuff as you want (within reason). Personally, I stick to blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries and kiwi for the most part, sometimes and orange, apple, and after a weight workout, if I have a good banana (not even almost nearing ripe) I will eat a small one. The website seems to be down so I can't go back and find the article I read there.

Thanks Shana. I know pears are really high in fiber - which is why I eat them. I love berries and can't wait until they are in season.

I whish I had 2 months.

I am trying to clean up my diet as well. I do notice that if I eat two pieces of fruit - a banana and a pear - that puts my carbs at 50%! I love my fruit and it keeps me full. Suggestions - other than not eating it? i guess i could eat only one piece.

I have the exact same problem, fruit satisfies my sweet tooth but the carbs in any fruit is so damn high. I hate that. Especially banana's and of course they are my favorites.

I've been eating grapefruits and oranges, the carbs in these fruits are minimal so maybe change over to those for a while. Plus grapefruit helps burn fat.

Debbie - thanks! i love grapefruit - especially the Texas Pink and I was eating so many that I am now having awful stomach issues and they told me to lay off the citrus for about a month until the medicine kicks in. i was eating texas pinks and clementine tangerines - another fav - but I guess it was killing my gut. So now I am on a prescription acid reducer for about a month and a "bland diet". Oh well. I guess pears for a month won't kill me - I will eat small ones and get some frozen berries. Hopefully, my stomach will be better soon.

Debbie - thanks! i love grapefruit - especially the Texas Pink and I was eating so many that I am now having awful stomach issues and they told me to lay off the citrus for about a month until the medicine kicks in. i was eating texas pinks and clementine tangerines - another fav - but I guess it was killing my gut. So now I am on a prescription acid reducer for about a month and a "bland diet". Oh well. I guess pears for a month won't kill me - I will eat small ones and get some frozen berries. Hopefully, my stomach will be better soon.

Yep, that happens to me too. I can't take too much acid either. I limit my servings to one half grapefruit a day and one orange a day.

Hope you get better soon, that sucks!

Ally: I also have to limit fruit- I was chasing every meal with a piece of fruit and it was too much. Le sigh. If you don't mind artificial sweetener, try this. Take one small packet of SF jello- add the one boiling cup of water it calls for but leave out the second cup. Put in fridge for about an hour or so. Then put it in a blender with 1 cup of cottage cheese, blend until smooth and chill. It's a great snack and helps with the sweet tooth, plus low in carbs.

I have been spot on with my eats lately and it is paying off! I am down 2% BF since I started STS. Plus, I noticed that I can now SEE my chest muscles in a way that I never have before. :D I am in a better place about food. I'm happier now that I am eating more calories and instead of stressing about balancing every meal with the macros, I just make sure that the entire day is roughly in the right percentages. It seems to be working right now, so I'll take it.

I have been spot on with my eats lately and it is paying off! I am down 2% BF since I started STS. Plus, I noticed that I can now SEE my chest muscles in a way that I never have before. :D I am in a better place about food. I'm happier now that I am eating more calories and instead of stressing about balancing every meal with the macros, I just make sure that the entire day is roughly in the right percentages. It seems to be working right now, so I'll take it.

Patti - Great Job! Happy to hear that you have found something that works for you!

Ally: I also have to limit fruit- I was chasing every meal with a piece of fruit and it was too much. Le sigh. If you don't mind artificial sweetener, try this. Take one small packet of SF jello- add the one boiling cup of water it calls for but leave out the second cup. Put in fridge for about an hour or so. Then put it in a blender with 1 cup of cottage cheese, blend until smooth and chill. It's a great snack and helps with the sweet tooth, plus low in carbs.

OMG! What a great idea! I hate cottage cheese but I bet I could eat it with jello! Thanks Patti!

I will have to add a couple of black angs beef patties to my meals for the day. Came home and was really hungry and those were already cooked from yesterday. Just finished cooking the zucchini lasagne.

Patti, in the lasagne recipe it calls for a 24 oz jar of tomato sauce. I used plain no salt tomato sauce. Do you mean pasta sauce?? I was thinking that it could use some italian seasoning. It is still good though. Also I used fat free cheeses. I just listed it on My Fitness Pal the way you have the nutritional facts. I am glad you have figured out something that works for you. I don't eat that much fruit myself. I made that Muscle Chow Post Workout Enzyme Blast before. It was a nice addition to the cottage cheese. I just kept it in the refrigerator and ate some each morning after my workout.

Ally, did you see that I posted a link to the fitness log last night?

Last edited:
Patti, in the lasagne recipe it calls for a 24 oz jar of tomato sauce. I used plain no salt tomato sauce. Do you mean pasta sauce?? I was thinking that it could use some italian seasoning. It is still good though. Also I used fat free cheeses. I just listed it on My Fitness Pal the way you have the nutritional facts. I am glad you have figured out something that works for you. I don't eat that much fruit myself. I made that Muscle Chow Post Workout Enzyme Blast before. It was a nice addition to the cottage cheese. I just kept it in the refrigerator and ate some each morning after my workout.

Hi Diane, I know I'm not Patti, but I use Barilla Marinara sauce. And I don't think it's 24 oz., it's whatever those regular size jars are. I don't really care about going low sodium so I've been using that.

I will have to try to the jello and cottage cheese thing. I like to mix cottage cheese with my low carb yogurt - that makes a good low carb snack as well.

Thank you all for the tips. I have to be very good because it will be two weeks to bathing suite time. YIKES - at least my husband love me - he is not near as harsh on my body as I am!

I will have to add a couple of black angs beef patties to my meals for the day. Came home and was really hungry and those were already cooked from yesterday. Just finished cooking the zucchini lasagne.

Ally, did you see that I posted a link to the fitness log last night?
Diane Sue - Yes - I did and thank you so much. If it the rain lets up I will go by there today after work.

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.