Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/9

Today was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This starts week 5, even though technically it doesn't. I decided to just do one body part a week instead of twice and do more cardio. I had a great workout today and feel pretty awesome right now.

I'm preparing myself for STS. Rest time was brought down to 45 seconds with this next 4 weeks. Reps are 10-12.

10 minutes warmup on treadmill.

45 seconds rest between each set and minimal rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Decline pushups: 15/15 (warmup)

Dumbbell Press:
30's - 3 sets/12 reps
***This was quite light, should have went wiht 35's.

Incline Barbell Press:
70# - 3 sets/12 reps
***This felt good. Last set was a struggle to get the last two reps out.

Decline Flyes:
20's - 12 reps
25's - 2 sets/12 reps
***Decline work is so easy for me. Everything seems so light when I do declines.

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Press:
20's - 2 sets/12 reps; 1 set/10 reps
***Right shoulder bugging me a bit here.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 3 sets/12 reps
***Too light, but didn't want to irritate shoulder.

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
12's - 3 sets/12 reps
***Held contraction at the top for 1 second. These burned.

TRICEPS
Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
15's - 3 sets/12 reps
***Last set burned real good.

Weighted Bench Dips:
45# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Love this exercise.

Dumbbell Overhead Extension:
25# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Could have gone heavier.

That is all....

Morning!

Debbie: Nice workout! You are starting STS soon?

I did IMAX 2 this morning, as prescribed on the STS rotation. It was a lot of fun- love that workout and the time flies by once you get into it. I burned 522 calories. I am reserving the right to change the cardio in the rotation at times- I can stick to any weights rotation but I have to feel the cardio to get it done. For instance, it seems like KP&C is on the STS rotation a lot (or maybe it's just me). Anyway, I don't like that one very often, so I may substitute. It probably doesn't matter as long as I stick to the type of cardio generally.

Slight DOMS in my lats today- weird. Plus, my abs are feeling it a bit from the no equipment ab work.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Guys,:rolleyes:

I really hate to say this, but…… My girlfriend and I celebrated her BD all weekend. Saturday, we went to Red Lobster I can’t even tell what I ate and what I drank, all week :eek: I’m freaking TIRED my body need a rest, really.

I am starting STS tomorrow:D:D man oh man, that sounds really good, so excited. I had to buy three pair of pants to rotate while I slim down, good thing I got em cheap, 5 bucks, cuz, after I finished with em they are going in the trash.

I just have too tell, I finally opened the box with my kettlebells, I love the color (pink) I tried to do a few exercises and OMG, thinking I should had ordered a 10lber too along with the 20 and 15. I will see you guys tomorrow. Tomorrow, I plan to start with a good run, hopefully IPod is still charged. Last week, ordered 2 bottles of Naturally Organic Pomegranate and 2 bottles of Liquid 1st choice I should have this week. If you guys are interested here’s the website www.vitafac.com. Okay, enough chit chat lots of work to catch up on.

Morning Maniacs! No workout today. Body is saying, "Girl, I need a break!":) Lot's of work today though, so not really a rest rest day.

Teddy- Those kb's are deceiving aren't they?

Patty- I don't like KP&C much either. I think I've only done it a few times. Imax2 on the other hand is fun!

Debbie- I can hardly stand it that you have 4 more weeks with this rotation. Seems like this has been a long one! How long are you going to stick with STS?

Later....

Debbie- I can hardly stand it that you have 4 more weeks with this rotation. Seems like this has been a long one! How long are you going to stick with STS?

Dallys, I have 8 more weeks of this rotation!!! It ends the beginning of May, I will take the first week of May off and then start STS on May 11th. I will do the 12 week course, I can't see doing it longer then that.

Hey Everyone, busy weekend. Was even away for part of it, more business than pleasure.

All right, I need help from you experts. Does anyone know how to do a "Bent-Over Straight-Arm Dumbbell Lat Pull"? This was in my rotation on Friday for back and I googled it but found nothing. So I did what I thought it was and not sure I did it right.

Okay now I am going to try to remember what I read.

Dallys - Should I get Empire State? Today is the last sale day I think?

Shana - I am joining your club with the 34AA. I buy bras that the size is named "almost an A" or "nearly an A". Something insulting like that.:p

Patti - I completely understand the effects of nursing thing. Makes me mad - if they are gonna be small they may as well stay where they are suppose to at least! :confused: I am with you on KP & C, it's fun on occasion.

Hermia - Don't be afraid to work your chest. I am small chested too and it certainly not the weight lifting that makes them go away, but more the leaning out. The lifting actually gives my cheast a roundness and fullness it would not have otherwise.;)

Sonya
- Glad to hear the good news! Your picture is awesome, but I think it has just managed to depress me more since my eating has been so awful lately.:( But even at my lightest I didn't look like that. Way to go, girl!

Now here are my workouts. Still doing the cardioacceleration training, with the 1 minute cardio work in between sets instead of just resting.

FRIDAY

Back
Dumbbell Row
10/10 - 40's
10 - 35's
Bent-Over SA DB Lat Pull
12/12/12 - 15's
Dumbbell Pullover
15/15 - 40#
15 - 35#

Biceps
Standing Dumbbell Curl
10/10/10 - 25's
Braced Incline Dumbbell Curl
12/12/12 - 15's ???? (didn't write it down & can't remember if I did 15 or 20)

Don't know the time or calorie burn, because about 20 minutes in I somehow managed to turn off the HRM as far as time goes.

SATURDAY
Did 4 DS HIS & LIS cardio. Doing HIS first because I find doing this first and getting my HR up right from the beginning gets me better calorie burns.

Now this morning was suppose to be back to Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, but I just could not get out of bed and when I finally did there was not enough time for all three, so I am reorganing the split for this week. Today I did Chest & Triceps, and will move Shoulders to leg day (since I feel a lot of the chest work in my shoulders anyway). Then I will do the Abs & Calves on cardio days ad an add on. I also added an extra exercise (Close Grips) for tri's , since I changed it around and well I love working tri's.

MONDAY

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press
12/10/10 - 35's
Dumbbell Flye
15/14/15 - 20's
Pushups
13/10/10

Triceps
DB Close Grip Press
10 - 30's
10/10 - 25's
DB Lying Extensions
10/10/10 - 20's (did a few extra assisted reps on the left, really need to catch it up to the right)
Kickbacks
20/18/18 - 12's

Work out was 57 minutes and burned about 500 calories(forgot to turn the HRM on for first 10 minutes)

Dallys - Should I get Empire State? Today is the last sale day I think?

I thought Santa Monica was the one on sale, am I wrong? I want Santa Monica, but I know I'd want the ropes too and I have zero room for them. And yes, you do need Empire State;). I got mine off the Yaya Swap for $30 bucks. I think I saw Newport over there if anyone wants that one.

Dallys - You're right. It is Santa Monica. My brain is not functioning today. Nice deal on Empire!

My morning was off. Thought it was a free day so started out later on my workout. Then my son in law called and asked me to watch the baby and pick up my grandson from school. I still need to get to the grocery store.
Workout today was STS disc 16 mesocycle 2 chest, shoulders, and triceps. I did a 2 mile run on the treadmill as an added warm up and I finished off with the STS extended stretch when finished. Total calories burned was 703.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON Whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 but no banana (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zuccini Lasagna; Orange
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; Salad w/Lite Vadalia dressing; Zone bar

No M7. Trying to stop my eating after 5 to see what happens.

1808 calories
52 g. fat - 26%
166 g. protein - 37%
181 g. carbs - 40%

Today was a rest day for - I had to be across town by 7:00am so i knew it would be no good. I am really excited. I bought a bench yesterday and will again be able to do leg extensions and leg curls. We had a bench and then got rid of it when we got the bowflex. The bowflex was always a bit too big my petite legs to do the curls and extensions. So yesterday I went and bought a bench with the leg attachment and it also has a squat rack so I am excited to try it all out. Will more than likely do legs tomorrow.

I am also loving the versa grips. I have lost 4 #s andhope to loose more fat soon!

A former student of ours who is now a sophomore in high school got shot in the head and is in critical condition. Apparently he heard gun fire, went to his window to look (why people do that when they hear gun shots I will never know...it should be duck and cover!) Anyways the bullet struck him in the head. In his own bedroom! He is on life support. His younger brother goes to our school...he's in the 3rd grade. So sad! :(

Linda...Thanks for the kind words. I am amazed at how critical diet is. No wonder figure competitors only do it for a short period of time...I cold NOT stick to this diet more than 12 weeks. It's only been 3 weeks and I'm tired of it! :p You've been doing some awesome workouts girl. And you look fabulous!

Today's workout will be Shoulders/Arms/Abs.

Thanks for the replies about chest work, lol. Yeah, Linda, that's what I've always heard/thought, that chest work targets the muscles, your boobs are fat, so lifting won't decrease them, but dropping body fat will. I' don't lift as heavy as you ladies, but I've always been 32b no matter what. BF also opines that I should look into some creatine. Do any of you use that? I'm under weight (mostly due to just being really small boned, I'm not unhealthy) and would like to put on a few pounds...just a few. He was telling me that perhaps my body does not adequately process protein, and that creatine would help with that. What do you all think?

Hey Maniacs!!!

Spending the day with hubby today as he is off today. Went out to lunch, but the warmer air and all the wind is setting off his whooping cough alittle more so no walk. I am getting ready to get downstairs to work my legs and abs. Will talk more tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day and evening!

Meals today were as follows
1-2 egg whites with mushrooms and onions
2- post workout 1 cup cottage cheese with 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
3- Muscle Chow Malted Muscles protein shake 1/2 of a recipe
4- Pillsbury cinnamon mini cinnamon rolls:eek: 4
5-Starbucks double shot+energy cinnamon dulce( wish I didn't like these so much)
6- grilled chicken, Muscle Chow veggie kabobs, salad with fat free dressing and bbq sauce
1,607 calories; 205 carbs; 28gm fat; 140 gm protein
I really need to lower those carbs and increase the protein

I need to buy a new workout log book. I wanted to get another GoFit one but Target was out. The last one I bought was one I purchased at Barnes and Noble. It is nice but has so much information in it I don't need and not enough room to write down all of my weight work. I was reading in my Muscle Chow book that pineapple and papaya have bromelain and papain whic are enzymes that help break down proteins for digestion and are anti-inflammatory to help you heal faster and stare more anabolic. Thought that was interesting.

Charlotte, hope you had a pleasant day with hubby. Sorry the wind was causing him problems.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.