Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/31

Today was Leg day and I did Meso 3, Disc 39, Squat Rack Legs. Had a really good workout. I love the squat rack workouts. The rest period is a little long - 2 1/2 minutes and at some points I skipped some of the rest time. Just seemed way too long. But other then that, I love this workout because of the low reps.

Squats
65#/10 reps (warmup)
70#/10 reps (warmup)
95#/6 reps
100#/6 reps
100#/6 reps
100#/6 reps

Elevated SLDL's
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps
90#/6 reps

Leg Press Station
180#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
190#/6 reps
***Was suppose to be front squats, but I hate that exercise.

Front Static Lunges
75#/6 reps
85#/6 reps
85#/6 reps
85#/6 reps

Legs were worked by the end. Had fun with this one! :cool:

Debbie-I am in awe of your weight :D Nice work this morning. I forgot to mention yesterday that Tracey has a new walking stronger treadmill workout that is low impact but intense. It may be a good workout on days you don't feel like it or need something moderate. It changes every minute and keeps movin'.

Yesterday was Meso2 Back and CCC. Time was 55 min and I burned 673 calories. I did the express premix from CCC. I really like that workout. It moves to fast for me to get any kind of dread factor. I went up 5# in all of my back weight from the last time I did STS, so I was pleased. I still think I need to go a bit heavier on back though.

Theresa

Theresa - Interesting on the Tracey workout. I didn't know she had treadmill workouts? Can you give me the name of it? Nice workout yesterday!

Some kind of hiit workout for me today ... still deciding. Finished STS yesterday, so I'm in my recovery week and thinking about what to do next ... ???

Debbie - Nice workout! I really liked Squat Rack legs this time around, too. I don't have a squat rack but did some experimenting with weighted vests and dumbbells. Does your hip flexor only bother you during certain kinds of cardio?

Theresa - I've really come to like CCC, too. Thought about doing it today, but I did it Sunday. I'm thinking about trying the premix Linda talked about later this week, so ... I don't know :confused: ... Congrats on your back strength improvements! I bet you ARE happy! :D I love back work.

Hope everyone has a good morning!

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA again. It's been raining for two days and my internet goes in and out, but honestly the other have is some times I just don't feel like talking. Ever have that? It's nothing to do with any of you, but more me deciding to focus on other things. Am I making any sense?

Anyway.....

Lori - You had asked about CCC Cardio Only compared to Insanity, and while CCC Cardio Only is tough it doesn't touch Insanity as Insanity truly is insane!

Debbie - Sorry about the cardio dread. Lots of time I don't feel like doing cardio but I do like getting my HR up. Tracey actually has two walking treadmill works Walking Strong and now Walking Stronger.

Theresa - Way to go with increasing everything 5#.

On Monday and this morning I continued with my Band circuits using my EX Heavy Black Band for everything. Good news was I was able to do a standard Hammer Grip Curl with the Band and my hand didn't hurt.
Yesterday I did Hiit Double Wave.

Was doing some studying yesterday and read this and thought I'd share:

"Shoulder abduction combined with internal rotation, particularly in clients over 40, will commonly irritate the rotator cuff muscles, impinging their tendons. People who have existing shoulder pain or develop impingment symptoms should avoid resistance exercises that combine shoulder abduction and internal rotation."

For example,these movements are included in an Upright Row. Just thought with all the shoulder issues we have in this check-in that this was interesting.:)

Last edited:
Debbie-It's called Walking Stronger. It was just released recently. She also has an older one that is similar. Here's the link to her website. On her blog, if you scroll down it gives you a breakdown of the entire thing.

http://www.fitbytracey.com/dvds.htm

Lori-Thanks. I am glad to see strength gains. I have not really improved on chest flyes, but I think that has to do w/ my shoulder issues. Have a great workout :D

Linda-you are making total sense. It can be a bit time consuming to checkin (especially if there is more than one). Glad to hear you are on the mend, and that is very interesting on the shoulder. May I ask where you read that? Was there any more to the article?

Theresa

Last edited:
Hey Maniacs!!

Doing P90X Classic now. Started on Monday with Chest/Back..Yesterday did Plyo X and today is SHoulders/Arms/Abs. Stupid dog kept me up last night so I hope I can bring it. Almost choked doing P90X..was spinning around and a lot of my hair flew in my mouth and down my throat!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Theresa - LOL on no Josef. Is it a good workout? Do you think I'd enjoy it?

Lori - My hip flexor only bothers me with cardio. Mostly my treadmill but I haven't been on it in months and it still bothers me. It really hasn't been that bad recently, though. I'm hoping to be able to get back on my treadmill here soon.

Linda - What kind of internet do you have at home?? DSL or cable? I wonder why you have so many problems with it. How frustrating. And yes, you make sense as to why you haven't posted. That's why I like weekends. I get a break from posting. Glad your hand didn't hurt today. Hopefully it's finally on the mend!

Char - You go with P90X! You are a seasoned veteran when it comes to those workouts! Bring It!!! :eek:

Debbie-I would view the clips to be certain. But I HATE walking on the treadmill, and this makes it bearable. It's broken up into 10-five minute segments that change from slow lunges to walking backwards to hills to fast walk. It has a cardio only premix, and it gets the hr up there w/o punishing your body. I have only done the cardio only premix, and I enjoyed it. There are upper body segments too. I have used it mainly post weights when I want to torch some fat. So........to make a long post LONGER, I think you would :p

Theresa

Debbie-I would view the clips to be certain. But I HATE walking on the treadmill, and this makes it bearable. It's broken up into 10-five minute segments that change from slow lunges to walking backwards to hills to fast walk. It has a cardio only premix, and it gets the hr up there w/o punishing your body. I have only done the cardio only premix, and I enjoyed it. There are upper body segments too. I have used it mainly post weights when I want to torch some fat. So........to make a long post LONGER, I think you would :p

Theresa

Ok, thanks Theresa. I'll check out the clips.

Linda-you are making total sense. It can be a bit time consuming to checkin (especially if there is more than one). Glad to hear you are on the mend, and that is very interesting on the shoulder. May I ask where you read that? Was there any more to the article?

Theresa

Theresa - I am actually studying to add another certification with ACE and that was in in the Chapter "Fundamentals of Applied Kinesiology" in the section discussing the actions of the muscles that act on the shoulder joint. It was a kind of a BTW comment regarding training the shoulder joint.

Linda - What kind of internet do you have at home?? DSL or cable? I wonder why you have so many problems with it. How frustrating. And yes, you make sense as to why you haven't posted. That's why I like weekends. I get a break from posting. Glad your hand didn't hurt today. Hopefully it's finally on the mend!

Debbie
- I have DSL and every stupid time there is a bad rain storm I lose my connection. I can't tell you how many times I have had them out here to try and fix the lines.:confused::mad: Hoping for good things when I see the Doc on Monday about the hand.

Almost took a rest day. Ended up just doing hiit 30/30.

Linda - Thanks for answering my question re: the Insanity comparison. I kind of suspected that's what you'd say. It's weird. Don't know if that makes me more hesitant, or makes me really want to try it even more. Both, I guess. Also (I can't remember where, if it was in study material or somewhere on the net or a magazine), I'd read that about shoulder impingement too. If I understand correctly, leading with the pinky or turning it up for peak contraction in lateral and front raises could be a problem too. I think I read that a wider grip on the bar for upright rows can help. It's nice to hear you're going for another certification! How cool.

Debbie - I had a real problem with my hip flexor maybe ten years ago or so. I asked about the cardio because that's the only time mine bothered me too. Well, not at first. Initially, I messed it up so badly I couldn't even walk. Seems like it lingered for awhile, never quite fully recovering and the ONLY cardio I could do that didn't bother it was using an eliptical trainer. I do not even like to LOOK at them, to this day. I went to a chiropractor for mine but really, I don't know if it helped or would have healed at the same rate, regardless. I was afraid it wouldn't ever fully recover. But, it did :D - I sure empathize though, and hope you can get back to %100 soon.

Theresa - Thanks. My workout was just "ok." I was tired and a little distracted too, I think. My strength improvements for chest (and biceps) seem slower than ... about everything else and I don't have shoulder issues. I think I remember you posting a clip for the broomstick stretch. Has that helped at all?

Char - I'm pretty new to the thread but wanted to say hi. Your post made me laugh :D !

Linda - Thanks for answering my question re: the Insanity comparison. I kind of suspected that's what you'd say. It's weird. Don't know if that makes me more hesitant, or makes me really want to try it even more. Both, I guess. Also (I can't remember where, if it was in study material or somewhere on the net or a magazine), I'd read that about shoulder impingement too. If I understand correctly, leading with the pinky or turning it up for peak contraction in lateral and front raises could be a problem too. I think I read that a wider grip on the bar for upright rows can help. It's nice to hear you're going for another certification! How cool.

Lori - That makes complete sense about leading with the pinky on the lat raises & front raises as that is internal rotation of the shoulder.

Hi ladies! =)

I got two new workout dvds for my birthday from my best friend! She got me Cathe's CCC and Gin Miller's Simply Interval. I really wanted to do one yesterday when they came in, but was way too busy, so this evening I did CCC. Oh my...I just about died, and I didn't even do the whole thing. I did through the third round, and then did the core only premix. I can hardly imagine being able to do the whole thing with no more breaks than they take on camera! I don't think my cardio endurance is that great, though; I've never done much cardio cuz I've always been a bit underweight, but now I'm trying to do a bit more as I'm at a good weight, but in my thirties and noticing that things creep up a bit...

Linda, does getting those certs take a lot of studying? I've had somewhat of an idea of getting a group exercise or personal trainer cert for a while, but I don't think I'll seriously consider it till I finish my dissertation. It just doesn't seem like a good plan to take on a new thing to study when I've still got that hanging over my head...sigh.

Well, nighty-night, all. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.