Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/3

Today was suppose to be cardio but I think I need to split up the two cardio sessions I have in this rotation. I did one yesterday and I'll do the other tomorrow. This marks my 3rd week on this rotation but it seems like it should be week 4. I may act like it's week 4. This rotation is starting to drag on. I worked Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

I took some nigh time sinus tabs last night and it was all I could do to wake up this morning. I almost went back to bed just to sleep it off but since I got out of bed I decided to stay up. I was groggy for a long time but finally got some energy and woke up in the middle of my workout.

I forgot to get on my treadmill (this is how tired I was) so I did it after my workout.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Pushups:
20/20 on toes
***Warmup. Didn't want to do a light bench for 2 sets.

Bench Press:
85# - 10
90# - 10/10

Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 10
37's - 10
40's - 10 (up 1 rep)

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
20's - 10 (up 3#)
21's - 10 (up 1#)
22's - 8 (up 2#)
***No warmup. I just don't understand the warmup sets. I can see doing it before the workout begins, but not with each body part. Once I got done with my chest work my entire upper body was warmed up. So I'm skipping them from now on.

Lateral Raise:
11's - 10/10/10
***Right shoulder was a bit cranky this a.m.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press:
70# - 10
75# - 10
80# - 10 (up 2 reps)
***Again, no warmup for tri's.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
55# 10
57# - 10/9 (up 1 rep with last set)

10 minutes on treadmill on 7% incline.

That is all....

Thank God!

Morning maniacs - How is everyone?

Great workout Debbie.

Today I did P90X Plyos today. I really like that work out.. It kicks my butt! Can one of you around my age and size (5'2" size 6) let me know about how many calories I burn?

This morning I did the Intense NRG Mix from Amy's ASC 3. Workout was 1:05 and I burned 540 calories. Got some nice DOMS going from yesterday.

Debbie - Nice going with the workout through the drug induced stupor.:p If you want a copy of the article from M&F Hers just let me know.

Morning! I did Cardio Fusion this morning. I burned 770 calories- something close to that. My HRM is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go look at it. :p

I was supposed to start STS this week but my shoulder is what is strained, not my bicep like I first thought. So I thought next week will work! LOL. I think I am kind of dreading the first four weeks of endurance workouts. I did them for so long that now I'm over them! Anyway, I'll get it started. I took off yesterday and Sunday so I had a nice rest. I will also rest upper body this week mostly- stick to cardio and lower body work.

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did CC#1. I really like this one. You can make it super intense in that short time. I then did the Shoulder Drills from TBS.

Debbie- I hate rotations that make me feel like that. They just seem to drag on and last forever.

Linda- Great workout and nice calorie burn. I don't even post my calorie burns anymore because they are so low.

Ally- I'm not sure what calorie burns you'd get with that workout. Someone should be able to help. As I just said, I get low calorie burns. I have two hrm's and they both read the same.:rolleyes: I think they are right though, since it's not like I'm fighting to keep weight on, lol!

Patti- See! I NEVER get those high of calorie burns. Crazy stuff!

Last edited:
Today I did P90X Plyos today. I really like that work out.. It kicks my butt! Can one of you around my age and size (5'2" size 6) let me know about how many calories I burn?

I looked back in my books and I burned 297 with PlyoX:mad::(. I'm 5'5'' and size 4. Again, my burns are always on the low end compared to most girls here. Hope that helps.

It has already been a crazy morning. My dd called at 5 am and said a water main broke and they wanted to use the shower here this morning. The baby hasn't arrived yet so I am going to run to Target.
This morning I did 4Day Split Kickbox cardio premix, then I did Rumble Ultimate premix with heavy bag drills #2 and bag upper drills. I did the stretches from both workouts and Tracey's Post Kickbox yoga solutions segment. Total calories burned was 805.

Patti - I think when you start STS, you won't feel so much like you are doing endurance workouts. Even though they are, it doesn't feel like it so much b/c you are switching body parts each time and never repeating the same exercise (on that DVD). I was just thinking during my w/o last night that this is week 3 - it has flown by...and for me on a rotation, that is amazing!!!

I forgot to get on my treadmill

Debbie...LOL. Now that's what I call being tired! :p

Diane Sue...I thought this was your recovery week? Your workouts sound too intense! ;) Nice calorie burn btw...

Speaking of calorie burn....my leg workout was awesome yesterday. I think I got my heart rate up and sweat more than I do in some of my cardio workouts!. It was great!

Todays workout it chest and back.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON Whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 without banana (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zuccini Lasagna; naval orange
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; salad w/lite Vadalia dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white w/tomato sauce & 1 tbsp. parm cheese souffled together

1757.5 calories
52 g. fat - 27%
173 g. protein - 39%
157 g. carbs - 36%

Thank you Dally's. I feel like it should be higher. When I run, I average about 100 calories for every 10 minutes. This is not as intense as running, but it was longer. Oh well.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just worked shoulders and triceps today and PRAY I don't wake up in a knot tomorrow so I kept the workout short.

TRICEPS:

Lying Tricep Ext 12's 3/10
Dips 3/12 (no weights)
Dips off Tree bar 2/6
I started doing the ext. at an angle (forget what these are called) and felt a pull in my neck/shoulder area so I stopped..only made it to 5 reps.

SHOULDERS:

Front Lateral Raises 12's 3/8
DB Presses 25's 8/6/6
Circle Flyes 5's 34x's

Would like to get in some yoga tonight if I can escape from my family to do so.

Thank you Dally's. I feel like it should be higher. When I run, I average about 100 calories for every 10 minutes. This is not as intense as running, but it was longer. Oh well.

You know, I'm betting that PlyoX, as hard as it is, continues to burn calories all day long, so I would never ever feel bad about doing it.:cool: Really, I wonder how much this calorie burning thing really matters. When I do a Slim Series rotation for a month straight, I lose fat and about 5 lbs without dieting and I hardly burn any calories with those. It's all weird. I only wear my hrm to watch my hr and keep track of my time, mostly.

Sonya, I know that they are intense. I really need it to work off some stress and haven't been able to get at my heavy bag for quite awhile. I am not even sure I will be able to complete STS because circumstances may end up altering my workouts. I probably should not even be doing the recovery. Maybe things will look better tomorrow.

AAARRRGGHHHHH - hating on my HRM right now!! :mad: It was working and then just stopped. I switched straps and it worked but meanwhile, I lost what the arc trainer had stored and it is very close on calorie burn, just a little on the conservative side. Oh well - workout was CC#3 - that one sure is shorter than the description unless it has one very long stretch! Going to do SloMo abs later and maybe some more cardio b/c I feel like I lost some of my momentum fiddling with the strap.

Linda - I read yesterday about the wreck - I am so sorry but glad your DH is ok.

Diane Sue - hope all is ok with you! Stress sucks - go beat on your bag. I bought a reflex bag - sure is nice sometimes! Seriously though - hope everything is ok.

Sonya, I know that they are intense. I really need it to work off some stress and haven't been able to get at my heavy bag for quite awhile. I am not even sure I will be able to complete STS because circumstances may end up altering my workouts. I probably should not even be doing the recovery. Maybe things will look better tomorrow.

Diane Sue...stress sure can change the make up of things, huh? Can't think of a better way to relieve than punching on a bag. Hope whatever is causing your stress goes away soon!

I have to issue the lay off notices tomorrow :( and all I know is I will be hitting the gym hard....like you, I will need to relieve that stress!

Sonya, I am so sorry you have to do lay people off. I know that has to be very stressful. I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow. I have been trying to not worry about things.

Shana, those heartrate monitors can be so frustrating at times. I hate wasting my time messing with mine when it messes up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.