Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/25

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs!

I did STS Disc #5 today, back and triceps. It was a good workout- I added the extended stretch and resisted the urge to do more cardio. That is my resolution for this STS rotation- to stop overdoing it on that! I did lighten up on a few of the weights- I am definitely at failure by that 15th rep, so it's all good. Anyway, I burned 425 calories.

Have a great day!

Well, today's workout fell short. I was really bummed too. I felt great when I woke up, got on my treadmill to do one of my Cardio Coach mixes and with the first challenge, third sprint my low back near the right side of my tail bone started to pinch bad. I tried a 3rd sprint but it wasn't happening. I lowered my speed and incline and just did a freakin' walk for 45 minutes. Talk about BORING! Dang, I hate when this happens. But I know what that can turn into if I just try and work through it so I listened to my body and just did steady walking. So at least I did something.

Was suppose to do abs as well, but will do that tomorrow. I'll stretch later tonight and hopefully this pinch will subside. It's actually not so bad right now so I'm sure it will go away.

Cardio Stats:
45 minutes
5 minutes below zone
39 minutes in zone (not bad)
3 minutes above zone
344 calories burned
2.6 miles travelled

I was really looking forward to a good calorie burn today. Oh well. These things happen.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Debbie,

You did the right thing. Don't point in risking something far worse. Great job still!

Patti,

Great calorie burn!

Today I am gonna work back and combine shoulders with it and then cardio.

Yesterday's workout:

I-Cycle 9 (levels 1-10):

Burned 367 cals
Time: 43 mins
Traveled 3.6 mi

AB WORK: Ab Ripper X

LEGS:

Squats:
60# 8 set of 8 reps
the weight was waaaayyy too light and I should have gone heavier, but thinking of neck area with barbell on me for so long so kept it safe, but bb kinda felt like a feather so I will go heavier next time for sure..about 80#

Mary Katherine Lunges
w/BW 8 sets of 12 reps

Leg Ext:
45# 8/12
Deb was right..starts out too easy and then towards the end of last set you are fighting for it

Hamstring Curls:
20#
8/9
This felt like a good weight for me

Calf Raises

110# bb (I just did 2 sets of 50 and then 12...so 112 reps)

Char - Wow, nice workout! I can't believe you used such a heavy weight for squats. The weight I used killed me, but actually just my neck area. My legs could have definitely taken more. What are Mary Katherine lunges?

Debbie - Good idea not to push it. I know babying my knee has been tough, but worth it. Still a nice calorie burn for a walk!!!!

Char
- What is a Mary Katherine Lunge?

Patti
- Nice job resisting the cardio, I know it was tough.

Okay today was legs and I decided to test the knee with some squats, used DBs & went light. Couple of twinges during but no pain and no pain afterwards. So I am happy, but won't be squatting any major weight yet.:p Also, have no idea why, but my heart rate was over the top today. During the runs it was anywhere from 170 to 175 bpm with very little effort. It was crazy!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Started with 4DS HIS through first blast. One minute runs between sets.

LEGS
DB Squat
15/15/15 - 30's (did a few more reps due to the lighter weight)
SLDL
12/12/12 - 105#
Calves
25/25/25 - 35's Toed Front/In/Out (drop one set and did more reps)
***Not ready to attempt lunges on the knee yet****

SHOULDERS

OHP
10/10/10 - 25's
Lateral Raise
12/12/12 - 15's (stayed w/ 15's whole time, before was droping to 12's last set)
BO Rear Delt Raise
16/15/15 - 12's

Then did stretch from 4 DS LIS.

Then did two sets of chins 6/4 for my friends over at the Chin-up check in.:p

Loving the fact that my abs are still getting sore from the ab work.:D

Debbie: Way to listen to your body- you'll be happy. But I hear you on a boring treadmill walk.

Char: That was 60# squats for tabata training? You go! Wondering the same thing about a MK lunge- made me think of that Saturday Night Live character- superstar!

Linda: WOO HOO on no knee pain! I'm happy for you.

Speaking of treadmills, in some mag this morning (can't remember which one) it said there is such a thing as "treadmill butt" because you basically propel yourself forward in a different way than if you were running outside. It can give you flat slope butt. Weird. I figure none of us would have that problem since we all have a serious weights addiction and probably all have great butts from our squat action. :)

Patti: Ha ha - treadmill butt!! That's funny. I don't see how it is possible though. Anyway, not one of my problems ;) And thanks for thinking of me yesterday too.

Linda: Glad the knee pain is subsiding, and way to go on taking it easy still. And what ab work are you doing? I don't remember but want my abs to cry!

Char: I want to know what those lunges are too. I have got to download my iTrains. Sounds like a fun workout you did. Were your hamstring curls on the leg curl machine or what? Just looked the lunges up...is this what you did? Mary Katherine Lunge (30 seconds) – begin in a forward lunge position, jump straight up and switch legs mid-air and land in a lunge position, do this repeatedly.

Debbie: You still got a good calorie burn - glad you didn't push it. Bet you will be back at it 110% tomorrow!

Diane Sue: Yes, we could put together quite a place, and I would eat like a king!

So, yesterday I did CC#4 and just went all out for it. Had a calorie burn of about 550 and good HR too. Was going to do the BOSU abs but when I started, I realized that my abs were still a little tight, plus my back is tight from the yard work so I just did some standard work, but just a little, so hopefully I can do the BOSU abs today.

As for work, I came out and told them that the hours they wanted would not work for me and that they would have to find somebody else. They asked what I wanted and I told them, and they agreed. Now it will basically be a trial run for me to see if things actually change or not b/c right now, I am rather bored and cannot stand to sit with nothing to do. We are supposed to have some new research and clinical trials coming up and if so, that will keep me busy. If not, I will not go up there to sit and be further bored :rolleyes: Halle told me to just go to cathe.com and use my time that way!! Smart kid, I tell you ;)

I got my workout in early. I am getting things done up so someone can look at the house at 1. This mornings workout was STS disc 23 legs. This took me over an hour when it was supposed to be a 50 minute workout. I kept having to try to figure out how to get the most weight for those trisets without having to change too many weight plates which requires me to pause the dvd. I need more weights. I burned 400 calories doing this workout. Afterward I did Low Impact Circuit timesaver cardio premix skipping the w/up and burned 303 calories. I then did STS extended stretch. Total calories burned today with stretches was 743 calories.
STS Legs trisets

leg press : I used 20# dumbbells instead of the one that Cathe uses. Also had step at 5 rises then noticed theirs had 4. I left it that way. Is there a reason Cathe holds one dumbbell in the front? 10 reps
wall squats: stability ball and dumbbells 1set 20's, 2 sets 25's 10 reps
one leg slide back lunge with gliding disc and dumbells 1 set 25's, 2 sets 30's 10 reps
repeat 3 times

Stiff leg deadlift on platform 95# barbell 10 reps
side slide lungs w/ gliding disc and dumbbell 1 set 35#, 2 sets 37.5# 10rep
Squats narrow stance 42.5# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat 3 times

45 degree lunge same leg 26# dumbbells Could have went heavier but needed the dumbbell loaded heavy for the plies
Plie squat alternating hands 56# 10 reps
low plane lunges 26# dumbbells 10 reps (could have gone heavier here to)
repeat 3 timesI got my workout in early. I am getting things done up so someone can look at the house at 1. This mornings workout was STS disc 23 legs. This took me over an hour when it was supposed to be a 50 minute workout. I kept having to try to figure out how to get the most weight for those trisets without having to change too many weight plates which requires me to pause the dvd. I need more weights. I burned 400 calories doing this workout. Afterward I did Low Impact Circuit timesaver cardio premix skipping the w/up and burned 303 calories. I then did STS extended stretch. Total calories burned today with stretches was 743 calories

Calves ( I repeated these for 6 sets of 20 reps) 25# 3 sets, 35# 3 sets

I like the trisets it just requires a person to move quickly from one exercise to the other and there is little time to reload m dumbbells and barbell without pausing.

Last edited:
Char - Wow, nice workout! I can't believe you used such a heavy weight for squats. The weight I used killed me, but actually just my neck area. My legs could have definitely taken more. What are Mary Katherine lunges?

Well I wanted to play it safe too with the bb on my neck as you advised and that is why I did the I-Cycle with higher levels to still work my legs without risking more problems with neck. Anyhow, Mary Katherine lunges are sorta like airborne lunges. From the P90X workouts.

Patti: Ha ha - treadmill butt!! That's funny. I don't see how it is possible though. Anyway, not one of my problems ;) And thanks for thinking of me yesterday too.

Linda: Glad the knee pain is subsiding, and way to go on taking it easy still. And what ab work are you doing? I don't remember but want my abs to cry!

Char: I want to know what those lunges are too. I have got to download my iTrains. Sounds like a fun workout you did. Were your hamstring curls on the leg curl machine or what? Just looked the lunges up...is this what you did? Mary Katherine Lunge (30 seconds) – begin in a forward lunge position, jump straight up and switch legs mid-air and land in a lunge position, do this repeatedly.

Debbie: You still got a good calorie burn - glad you didn't push it. Bet you will be back at it 110% tomorrow!

Diane Sue: Yes, we could put together quite a place, and I would eat like a king!

So, yesterday I did CC#4 and just went all out for it. Had a calorie burn of about 550 and good HR too. Was going to do the BOSU abs but when I started, I realized that my abs were still a little tight, plus my back is tight from the yard work so I just did some standard work, but just a little, so hopefully I can do the BOSU abs today.

As for work, I came out and told them that the hours they wanted would not work for me and that they would have to find somebody else. They asked what I wanted and I told them, and they agreed. Now it will basically be a trial run for me to see if things actually change or not b/c right now, I am rather bored and cannot stand to sit with nothing to do. We are supposed to have some new research and clinical trials coming up and if so, that will keep me busy. If not, I will not go up there to sit and be further bored :rolleyes: Halle told me to just go to cathe.com and use my time that way!! Smart kid, I tell you ;)

Shana,

Yes, you get the idea of the lunges. That is correct!

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey in 8 oz. grapefruit juice
M2: Chocolate BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Zucchini Lasagna; orange
M4: Turkey Patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: Tortilla Talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1793 calories
55 g. fat - 28%
144 g. protein - 32%
188 g. carbs - 42%

A little high in calories today.

Hey Girls! How is everyone?!

I have been very busy. I did start the tabatas - last night I did:

squats - 30# barbell - around 10 reps each time - varied
leg extensions - 30# - about 10 to 12 each time
squat cleans - 20# Barbell - 11
squat push - started with 8# dbs and had to drop to 5s!!! These are tought - especially to finish the workout with.

I am having trouble finding the right weight - one that is challenging but also one where I can go the 8 sets -

I will try to do shoulders tomorrow ( or maybe biceps since I did some shoulder work with the cleans and pushes).

I then walked on incline for 15 minutes. I did not remember to wear the HTm - but I think I burned quite a bit of calories. i was huffing, puffing and sweating!!

Take care everyone.

Hello everyone,

Debbie, do you have an ipod for when you're on the treadmill? If not, that would help with the boredom. I need to add new songs to mine, but it definitely helps with the drudgery of, say, housework, which is something I sorely need to get done. I have been in grading land due to finals at one of the schools I teach at, but I briefly emerged from grading land to do the abs from Amy's All Pump Xtreme and the bis and tris from 4DS. And now back to grading.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.