Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/24

Hi everyone! Well, I pretty much read, slept and watched TV all day yesterday under a blanket. I took 1000 mg. of Vitamin C every hour on the hour, sometimes I'd take 2000 mg. I feel like a new person today. I decided to not workout again, just in case I'd have a relapse, but I'm feeling really good. Still a bit congested and the cough is still lingering, but nothing like it was.

I figure I'll do GS legs tomorrow, cardio on Friday and GS Back, Shoulders and Bi's on Saturday. That way I only miss one cardio workout and one leg workout for the week.

Going to work, hopefully I'll continue to feel good today. I plan on taking Vitamin C every hour again today. I swear by it, it has always worked for me.

Debbie- Yay...keep on the mend :p

Yesterday was STS Disc1 and 15 min of Walking Stronger. total workout time was 1 hr 4 min and I burned 630 calories. I forgot how many push ups there are in the 1st Meso. Holy cow was my chest fried. I did not have much luck w/ pushups on my toes. That is just one move I REALLY suck at, plus it didn't help that my shoulder was not too happy yesterday. I am SUPER sore today :D

Does anyone else get sore in their back when doing a lot of pushups? I had the same thing happen w/ p90x

ETA: Lori-I just saw your post last night, nice work. What is GWW floorwork? I have a hard time w/ floor work also, and I think that is b/c it doesn't feel like I am working it like I do on other exercises (even though that is not true).

Theresa

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I did not have phone or internet service for three days, which is why I haven't been around. Unfortunately I don't have time to post right now as I have to leave for a massage. But will stop back later.

Theresa - Going to send you a pm.

Good Morning!

Cardio Core Circuit later. My son's home sick.

Debbie - Glad you're feeling so much better. I'd try the Vitamin C thing with ds, but it's stomach flu and nothing's staying down right now :( .

Theresa - "G W W" it the Great Weighted Workout (I'm lazy - got tired of writing that out). It's the one DianeSue and I talked about. And yah, I really feel the same way about floorwork (word for word, in fact :) ). Also, I hope it's ok to mention, I saw your post about becoming a PT. I think that's great!!!!! Do it! I've picked up a lot from you that's been very helpful just through this check in. I think there are some other members here that actually are certified and could be helpful. For what it's worth (likely very little :eek: ), I've been studying for the Ace exam. With a medical background, I can't imagine you'd have any problem with it. It might even be sort of remedial and you'd be better off going for ACSM. But I'm a neophyte, really, and should leave comment/opinion rendering to those who are more qualified to make them. :p. Mostly, I just wanted to tell you I think it's great - the direction you're heading :D ! Yes, indeed.

Hope everyone else had a great day and workout!

Thanks Lori-I have just been thinking about the future, and working around radiation is not my idea of something I want to do forever. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do but I have to start thinking about kids (I'm 31, I should have done this already but I am a SLOW mover). I have always been interested and this is the best place to get info. Good luck to you on your ACE, maybe we'll be able to bounce stuff off each other :D

Roselyn-what would you say your cardio level was at prior to Insanity? The first one nearly killed me :D I'm a little intimidated to be honest.

Theresa

Linda-that does make me feel good. I am just not ready for kids yet. Did you have a strong desire for kids? Because I don't have THAT either :D

Theresa

Linda-that does make me feel good. I am just not ready for kids yet. Did you have a strong desire for kids? Because I don't have THAT either :D

Theresa

Theresa
- No I did not. I think what drove me more was being afraid I'd regret it if I didn't. I was definitely not one of those women that just always knew she wanted kids. And don't regret having them either!:D

Debbie - Glad to hear you are feeling better. DD is starting to fight another cold and I am like nnnnnooooooo!!! enough already!

Lori - Good Luck with studying!

I keep trying to get here and post my workouts but it just isn't happening. Anyway, I did Band circuits like last Thursday on Monday and this morning and Hiit 30/30 on Tuesday. Thinking I'll just do some steady state tomorrow.:p

...somebody please come pull me off the ceiling!:D:D:D:D

Tonight was our first weigh in for the Biggest Loser Challange and I LOST 2 pounds!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am so happy I could spit!

I swear I posted this earlier. Maybe I put it on another check in LOL I was so tired when I posted I was sitting here nodding off.

Another crazy messed up day for me
icon_confused.gif
I got up a little late. was drinking my coffee when I got a call to take my grandson to school. I ended up doing Shoc Cardio 30/30 27 minutes 248 calories 168 Max HR Then I took him. I came back and did Shock Cardio Core Circuit Premix Express workout 33 minutes Max HR 161 calories burned was 267. I finished off with STS Weighs and plates abs with 2# weighted gloves and 5# ankle weights.. Calories burned was 620. Workout was 78 minutes.
This was now what I had planned but it was the max time I had. I wanted to do MMA Fusion and weighted abs. Along with some yoga.
I was late for the nail appointment and she has a test later in the day. She painted some pretty designs on my nails with white and glitter
icon_biggrin.gif

I am hoping to do Insanity upper body and 4Day split lower tomorrow with a short intense cardio. We will see how it goes.

Linda, that is great. I bet you are really pleased:D Even some forced rest wasn't such a bad thing.

Debbie, I am glad that the cold is getting better.

DianeSue - I was wondering where you were today. Still an impressive workout even if you were short on time. For me I'd have done the Shock Cardio and called it a day!:p Your nails sound pretty!

Checking in late again. My son's been pretty sick today, so that's had me pretty distracted. I did do Cardio Core Circuit. I had … fun ... The core exercises keep the cardio from getting too intense, but I was just tired today. Slept horribly last night. I wonder why there isn’t a smiley (especially for this Forum) that’s laying on its side with its tongue hanging out. Wouldn’t you use it? I would use it … sometimes, at least …. :rolleyes:

Linda - Congratulations on the weigh in at work! Stay on the ceiling as long as you want! That’s so great! Thanks for wishing me luck studying. It’s a good reminder. I was really vigilant about it for quite awhile. Not so much now :eek: . need to re-focus on that.

Dianne Sue - Great workout! I imagine you’re very busy and excited getting ready to leave. I posted last night about the K. Voight workout.

Theresa - Btw, I definitely didn’t feel ready or "destined to be a mom," either. Not at all. In fact, the doctor had told me I couldn’t have children. I even got a second opinion. So, I’d settled into that and had some pretty significant “plans for my future.” Evidently, my little one hadn’t heard or was entirely uninterested in the doc’s opinion(s) ;) . Overnight just about, everything turned upside down, my plans for the future got pretty much abandoned, and I was so scared - not sure what kind of mom I’d make and didn’t have time to consider if I really WANTED to be a mom. So. Even with all that ... it was the best thing that ever happened to me! No regrets -- far better than anything, of my own, I could have ever planned for myself. It’s definitely brought out the best (and sometimes the worst) in me. I’ve gotten the opportunity to make peace with both. I wouldn’t change a thing. Just for the record.

have a good night (if anyone's still around).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.