Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/24

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs!

I did Low Max this morning and burned 642 calories- it felt good. I probably need to do that one on a 8" step but maybe not. :) I think my arms would hit the ceiling in my workout room.

Have a good day everyone!

Today was Triceps and Biceps. Had another excellent workout. I am really enjoying this training. It's nice to go light with weights and still get a good pump. Feels good for a change.

The tabata clock I have on my PC is really making a difference. Having only a true 10 second rest is hard.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

2 minutes rest between each exercise.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off w/each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Barbell Extension:
40# - 8 sets/8-9 reps varied, last set was 7 reps (up 5#)
***Increased the weight and this was perfect. Last week I went too light.

Bench Dips:
BW - 8 sets/15-8 varied reps
***Again, these killed me and I had to stop early a few times. Not sure why body weight exercises are so hard.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
22's - 3 sets 15-12 varied reps
20's - 5 sets 12-8 varied reps
***This was hard too. Great burn.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl:
35# - 8 sets/9-7 varied reps
***Wanted to go higher but glad I didn't. This killed me.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 4 sets 7-6 varied reps
12's - 4 sets 7-6 varied reps
***Again, the clock made a huge difference with this exercise. Last week I stayed at 15's but I know I had longer rest times due to the clocks I was using.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps
12's - 4 sets/8-7 varied reps
***Same as above. This was tough.

HR stayed around 135-142 bpm throughout this whole workout.

Got on the treadmill for 10 minutes at a light jog.

Total HR Stats:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
1:43 min. below zone
43 min. in-zone
17 min. above zone
471 calories burned

Patti - WOW! Nice burn!!! :eek:

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Still doing the Tabita Training with Deb. Yesterday I did not workout though..there was no time..we were gone all day and into the night. Had fun..went shopping, ate out breakfast, lunch and dinner (ate at Olive Garden and pizza for dinner) SHAME! lol.

Doing legs/abs this morning. Some more cardio too on elliptical. Be back later with stats.

My arms are still sore from the Tabita Training: ARMS workout on Sunday! ;) My back and neck feel great..no more problems!!! YEAH!

Great workouts everyone!

Hello. Well, today is a yucky meeting at work. I am so not looking forward to it and am probably going to give up half of my job, if not all. I'm just tired of having it all hanging over my head. Time for a change, I do believe.

Anyway, last night was Disc 13. Totally different work from the first mesocycle. I really enjoyed it, and am feeling it today! Today will be cardio and abs - going to do bosu abs of some sort. The bosu is collecting dust so it needs to be brought out :p

Happy Tuesday to all of you hot, chiseled chics ;)

Morning ;)

This morning was cardio fest ;) I did CC#8. Anyone preordering STS cardio? I am.

Stats:

60:00 minutes
500 cals burned ( glad about this I really pushed) ;)
4:35 miles traveled

I been off work a few days, I had to put my car in the shop yesterday, argh..... My car needed a starter and rotors and front brakes, going to pick it up today. Have a nice day ;)

Last edited:
My workout is done. Didn't sleep well last night due to allergies and storms. I got in a good calorie burning workout
icon_biggrin.gif
I started with Interval X + and added the first 3 intervals again. That workout was 50 minutes including w/up and stretch and I burned 425 calories. Then I did Tracey Staehle's Steady State Step Premix Power Step which is 27 minutes with w/up and stretch and burned 275 calories. 700 total cardio calories burned and 77 minutes time. Max HR was 163 which is great for me
icon_smile.gif

I then did STS abs circuits medicine ball abs no partner with a 15# med ball, and weights and plates using 3# dumbbells instead of the gloves and 3# ankle weights. I finished with Cahe's Ball stretch#2 and Tracey's yoga solutions post cycling segment. Total calories burned today was 963. Didn't eat enough calories yesterday so was really hungry. Had to get a protein shake right away. I am getting ready to get some breakfast. Probably a protein pancake with chocolate protein powder and egg whites and top it with sugar free raspberry preserves.

Diane Sue - I've just had the most brilliant idea...move down here (into my house actually) and cook for me :) We can share workout equipment and you can kick my arse every day with your workouts!!

Teddygirl - Good to see you! You haven't posted in a while.

Linda - I finally got my VersaGripps. I don't get it. :rolleyes: How do these things get strapped onto a bar? I'm thinking they don't. Is the only thing you hang onto the rubber grip thing? I thought those grips had velcro that wraps around the bar so it's secured when you are holding it. How does this help with heavy deads and such? At least my hooks held onto the bar if I released it, you know? I don't get it.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB protein pancakes; grapefruit
M3: Snack Wrap
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; orange
M5: Black bean morning star burger; 1 slice whole wheat bread
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; salad w/Lite Norther Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1688.5 calories
58 g. fat - 31%
139 g. protein - 33%
175 g. carbs - 41%

Where is everyone today???

This morning I did Imax2 and Abs, doing the ab work after each interval. Workout was 58 minutes and burned 487 calories.

Debbie - You certainly cannot not let go of the bar when using versagripps. When doing deads and rows, your hand is on one side of the bar and the gripp on the other side then you tuck the end of the flap up an into your palm pinning the the grip around the bar. This transfers most of the weight of the bar to the band around the base of your hand and arms, instead of relying on the strenght of your hand. They really do work, I promise. I like them better than hooks because I don't have a hook in the way of me being able to grip and control the bar or dumbbell and the band on hooks always dug into my wrists which does not happen with the band design on the versagrips.
Question for you - do you write down your reps for each set during the 10 second break? Doesn't seem like enough time, but then I doubt I would remember what I did for each of the eight sets.

This morning I did Imax2 and Abs, doing the ab work after each interval. Workout was 58 minutes and burned 487 calories.

Debbie - You certainly cannot not let go of the bar when using versagripps. When doing deads and rows, your hand is on one side of the bar and the gripp on the other side then you tuck the end of the flap up an into your palm pinning the the grip around the bar. This transfers most of the weight of the bar to the band around the base of your hand and arms, instead of relying on the strenght of your hand. They really do work, I promise. I like them better than hooks because I don't have a hook in the way of me being able to grip and control the bar or dumbbell and the band on hooks always dug into my wrists which does not happen with the band design on the versagrips.
Question for you - do you write down your reps for each set during the 10 second break? Doesn't seem like enough time, but then I doubt I would remember what I did for each of the eight sets.

Oh I get it. Ok. How did you figure that out? When you have them on you would think the rubber part stays against your hand, you know? I'll try it with my back work Saturday. Thanks for the instructions.

Last week I wrote down all the reps but it's a pain. Now I just show what reps I varied and I don't write them down. I don't think it's important. The thing that is important is working for the entire 20 seconds before you break.

Shana, lol on me coming to live and cook:D Although you do have some nice pieces of equipment that I don't have. Hmmm:) Combine it all together and we would have some gym

Oh I get it. Ok. How did you figure that out? When you have them on you would think the rubber part stays against your hand, you know? I'll try it with my back work Saturday. Thanks for the instructions.

Last week I wrote down all the reps but it's a pain. Now I just show what reps I varied and I don't write them down. I don't think it's important. The thing that is important is working for the entire 20 seconds before you break.

I think I got it from the website when I researching them, before I bought them. I can't believe they send them out with so little information (if any).

Oh, that's what I figured that as long as you go for the full 20 seconds your good, no matter how many reps you complete.

VersaGripps: I only figured it out because of the stupid little postcard thing they put in the package, plus what Linda posted a while back. They really do need to explain it better. I really like mine and have even become accustomed to spinning them around so I can write down my weights and stuff like that. I really only use them for back work, so they are on tap for tomorrow!

Gyms: Oh yeah, can you imagine if we put all of our fitness equipment together? It would be unreal. :eek:

Hi Teddy, good to see you again!

Shana: Keep us posted about the meeting- I hope it goes the way you want.

I think I got it from the website when I researching them, before I bought them. I can't believe they send them out with so little information (if any).

Oh, that's what I figured that as long as you go for the full 20 seconds your good, no matter how many reps you complete.

Yea, you would think it would come with some kind of "how to use" instructions. Geez.

It does say that you should strive for at least 8 reps. I find that with certain exercises towards the end I can't even make 8.

Hey there! Been busy past few days but still getting in my workouts and sticking with my nutrition plan. Can definitely tell I am getting stronger as I am increasing my weights pretty much in all of my workouts. Olesya says that must mean my diet is right on track. Had one of the best chest/back workouts I have ever had yesterday. Today will be shoulders/arm/abs.

I got the MF magazine and really enjoyed reading about the tabata training and I like Debbie's posts each day. I think I will be doing that here soon. BTW...the ab section in that magazine was amazing too...will definitely be incorporating some of those into my workouts!

Take care all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.