Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/23

Today was Week 2 of Tabata. Worked my Chest and really had an excellent workout. OMG, my chest was quivering with the last two exercises. I upped the weights a bit this time.

10 minutes on Treadmill for warmup.

2 minutes rest between each exercise - Last week I did 3, I think it was too much. 2 minutes worked out great.

CHEST
Pushups:
10/10/13/10/13/13/10/10
***The 1st two sets I used my Perfect Pushups. I couldn't believe it, but this really killed my right shoulder with the rotion thing. Went and got my 5# dumbells and did them with those. Did these on toes with all sets but with the last 4 sets I dropped to my knees. These killed!

Barbell Press:
50# - 8 sets/8-10 varied reps (up 5#)
***These really burned, good weight here. Last week I used 45# and that was too light.

Dumbbell Press:
21's - 8 sets/8-10 varied reps (up 1#)
***That measly 1# made a huge difference. Felt these big time.

Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/9-10 varied reps
***This is where my chest was quivering. Felt really weird.

Then I got on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach #1. I had a ton of energy this morning. This workout felt great!

HR stats - both weight training and cardio
1 hr. 9 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
45 minutes in zone
21 minutes above zone
534 calories burned!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is all....

Morning! I did STS #4 (chest, biceps and shoulders) today- I prefered the drop set pushups she did as an opening warm up. I had a great workout- really felt strong. I did have to drop the weight on the hammer curls- I don't know if the 1RM was off or if it was just the end of the program and I was fatigued. She does barbell shoulder front presses and wow does she fly through those! I cannot keep up on that one. I burned 523 calories.

Debbie: Sounds fun, especially those push ups. :p

I am so excited about new Cathe cardio! I'm invoice #4. :)

Last edited:
Well, back to the real world today! The yard is finished, thank goodness!! Today will be the beginning of Meso 2. I redid the Oxygen abs with no soreness - just a little tightness that didn't last. Apparently, I just need to keep shocking those muscles ;)

Debbie - I got a vertical leg press. I remembered that you had one and liked it. Hoping I do too b/c I've never tried one like that.

Patti - I got the new series too. I'm not cardio queen like you are, but I think I will like parts of it, especially if the MMA uses weights.

Hello to everyone, and Happy Monday :cool:

Excited to see Cathe has new cardio coming out, gonna have to break down and purchase it, always looking for new cardio.:p Maybe I could right it off as a business epenense:p:p:p.

This is week four of cardio acceleration and I think my last week. About four weeks of something is about all I can handle.

Started with 4 DS HIS through first interval, then of course one minute runs between sets.

CHEST
Incline DB Press
10/10/10 - 35's
DB Flyes
15/15/15 - 21's (up a 1# and still managed to do max reps)
Pushups
14/12/12

TRICEPS
DB Lying Extension
10/10/10 - 20's
DB Close Grip Press
10/10/10 - 30's (normally drop to 25# last set & 15 reps, but forgot and used 30's, surprised I made it)
DB Kickbacks
20/20/18 - 12's

Then stretch from 4DS HIS. Workout was 58 minutes and burned 452.

Hip still hurt on Sunday which was a rest day. This morning felt great no pain at all. Until I sat down to breakfast, when I got up pain was back, which is the same way this started on Friday. Maybe I just shouldn't sit down anymore?:confused::confused::confused:

Debbie - Thinking about doing the Tabatas next week, how long do the workouts take to complete? Also I see you didn't do abs today , are you doing something else for them?

Debbie - Thinking about doing the Tabatas next week, how long do the workouts take to complete? Also I see you didn't do abs today , are you doing something else for them?

Was I suppose to do abs today?? I looked back at last week and for some reason I can't find where I did abs. I know I did them only once last week. I'll get them in, just not today.

Workout usually takes only about a half hour unless you add in cardio like I do. I try to make my workouts at least an hour long.

Was I suppose to do abs today??

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. It's something I would do- what AM I doing? Ha!

Shana: Let me know what you think of meso #2!

Linda: No sitting, lol. That will work, don't you think? Hope it feels better soon.

I forgot to mention I did yoga based abs and...I got my butt off the floor in the levitation holds. True, I didn't put my legs out straight, but how happy was I to see daylight under my bootie? It wasn't pretty and I'm fascinated that Cathe can do them while talking, but hey, it was a small victory. I think keeping my legs in a lotus position helped.

I had too much coffee. I'm chatty.

Debbie - I got it on ebay used...$51.01!!! It is in my area, local pickup only, so that worked for me price-wise. It is the Yukon.

Patti - I can do those levitation holds too, but only with my feet tucked in, which is what I think you called the lotus position. I would lOVE to do them with my legs right out...maybe one day.

Linda - Heal thyself, woman! Sorry you are having so many issues lately. Kudos to you for not letting it get you down though. Did you find the MF mag? I have yet to see one.

Was I suppose to do abs today?? I looked back at last week and for some reason I can't find where I did abs. I know I did them only once last week. I'll get them in, just not today.
Workout usually takes only about a half hour unless you add in cardio like I do. I try to make my workouts at least an hour long.

Debbie - The rotation calls for abs for Workout 1 Chest & Abs and Workout 4 Back & Abs. So maybe you did them Day 4 last week? Just thought maybe you were doing a different ab workout. Just studying what exercises you were doing since I don't have equipment to do some of the ones listed.
Thanks for the time info, I like to go for an hour too but not much longer than that. I'll leave the 2 hour workouts to Patti & DianeSue! LOL!

Linda: No sitting, lol. That will work, don't you think? Hope it feels better soon.

I forgot to mention I did yoga based abs and...I got my butt off the floor in the levitation holds. True, I didn't put my legs out straight, but how happy was I to see daylight under my bootie? It wasn't pretty and I'm fascinated that Cathe can do them while talking, but hey, it was a small victory. I think keeping my legs in a lotus position helped.

I had too much coffee. I'm chatty.

Patti
- At least I should get a lot done if I can't sit. Nice job on the levitations. I can't do them at all! So I am jealous!

Linda - Heal thyself, woman! Sorry you are having so many issues lately. Kudos to you for not letting it get you down though. Did you find the MF mag? I have yet to see one.

Shana
- I am jealous that you can do those levitations too!:confused: BTW< I pm'd you.

Debbie - The rotation calls for abs for Workout 1 Chest & Abs and Workout 4 Back & Abs. So maybe you did them Day 4 last week? Just thought maybe you were doing a different ab workout. Just studying what exercises you were doing since I don't have equipment to do some of the ones listed.
Thanks for the time info, I like to go for an hour too but not much longer than that. I'll leave the 2 hour workouts to Patti & DianeSue! LOL!

Yep, I was suppose to do abs today but not following the ab work in Tabata. I'm still doing trisets because they are working for me. If you do abs this way, let me know how it feels. Let me know if you get a good burn. I see I did abs after my cardio last Wednesday. I'm only going to do them once a week for right now.

Have fun with this! So you were able to find the magazine? Lots of people are saying they can't find it in stores.

Yep, I was suppose to do abs today but not following the ab work in Tabata. I'm still doing trisets because they are working for me. If you do abs this way, let me know how it feels. Let me know if you get a good burn. I see I did abs after my cardio last Wednesday. I'm only going to do them once a week for right now.

Have fun with this! So you were able to find the magazine? Lots of people are saying they can't find it in stores.

Debbie - Yeah, I found the magazine the first place I looked, which was my grocery store. Couldn't believe the price though!:eek::eek: I just want to know why M & F Hers doesn't put some story about some hunky guy, the way they have the babe in M & F His? I'll let you know how the ab work goes.

My workout is done and I am already showered. Waiting for Olivia to arrive so I can head out to run a couple of errands.
I started my workout this morning with Providence joint mobility, rounds 1-4 (swings,cleans, chest press, and squat sumo,and bonus 3 minute snatch test. I figured that was an extra warm up then I did STS disc 22 chest, shoulders, and triceps I had paused my hr monitor before shoulder presses so went back and did all 4 sets a scond time to see how many calories I burned( I am a little odd about those things
icon_redface.gif
) When I was finished I did Absolute Kickbox combat premix combat burning 410 calories. Total calories burned today was 858 and 50% fat.

Debbie, nice workout. I read that article in M&F. Sounds good.

Patti, lucky you "invoice 4" mine is 2 hundred and something. This is just what I have been waiting for:D I wonder how Cathe will incorporate some of that into the STS weights program:)

Shana, that happens to me with abs. I will do something new and get a little doms and then nothing after that. I am sure you will love your new piece of equipment. I think I need a huge building for all of my stuff because it keeps growing LOL

Linda, sorry about the hip. Wierd how those things crop up when you haven't done anything. Yesterday was a rest day for me and this morning after I started moving around I could feel some spasms in my right low back:confused:

Debbie - I got it on ebay used...$51.01!!! It is in my area, local pickup only, so that worked for me price-wise. It is the Yukon.

Holy crap! That is awesome! Excellent price! Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Debbie - Yeah, I found the magazine the first place I looked, which was my grocery store. Couldn't believe the price though!:eek::eek: I just want to know why M & F Hers doesn't put some story about some hunky guy, the way they have the babe in M & F His? I'll let you know how the ab work goes.

Yes, it is expensive, that's why I have a subscription of it. I won't pay store prices for that magaznine. :eek:

I know, isn't that something about the piece they do in that magazine? Makes me ill actually. And I'm bummed because Cory Everson use to have an article of her own in there and that was taken out. Not sure why. I only like that magazine for the rotations.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: BSN chocolate w/ 1/2 c. oats (post workout)
M3: Snack Wrap *** (recipe below)
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; orange
M5: Turkey patty; 1 slice whole wheat bread
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs

1677 calories
60.6 g. fat - 33%
140 g. protein - 33%
157 g. carbs - 37%

Like this breakdown.

SNACK WRAP

1/2 whole wheat tortilla
1 tbsp. natural PB
1 tbsp. sliced almonds
1/2 banana
1 tsp. honey

Spread PB on tortilla, cover with sliced almonds. Place banana on top a nd cover with honey. Wrap and eat!

OMG this is so good! Here is the macro breakdown:

182 calories
7 g. fat
10 g. protein
25 g. carbs

I was going to have this as my after workout meal and now that I'm sitting her thinking about it, I can't remember why I didn't. I think it was because of the PB. I don't like eating fats right after my workouts. Another thing that has been imprinted in my brain for years.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.