Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/19

Ok, today was Shoulders and Traps. Had an EXCELLENT workout! I am so pumped about this training and I am loving it. DH and I found a Tabata clock online that he downloaded for me. It's on my laptop and I had it in my workout room this morning. I todes the 20 second countdown, beeps and then does the 10 second rest countdown and beeps again when the next set shoudl start. Talk about intense. When I was using my two timers I at least had a few extra seconds to get them going. This didn't give me any extra time and I really felt each exercise. Too fun!!! My shoulders are fried!!!!

10 minutes on treadmill for a warmup

SHOULDERS
Overhead Barbell Press:
35# - 11/11/9
***Had to pause the timer and drop the weight, this killed me after only 3 sets.
25# - 11/8/10/5/8
***Ok, this exercise had my legs shaking. As you can see where 5 reps are, I had to stop early. Even where I hit 8 reps I had a few more seconds to do more but couldn't.

Front Raise:
10# plate - 9/10/10/9/9/10/9/9
***These weren't so bad. Probably could have used more weights.

Bent Over Raise:
8's - 8 sets/12 reps
***These burned like a mother.

Barbell Shrugs:45# - 8 sets/16 reps
***These burned bad too. Good weight choice.

Lateral Raise:
5's - Varied between 11 and 10 reps for 8 sets
***Wasn't going to do this due to my shoulder problem but I decided to give it a shot. All is well and these felt good.

HR stats:
49 minutes
1 minute below zone
45 minutes in zone
4 minutes above zone
367 calories burned

Then I got on my treadmill again and did a light jog for 8 minutes and a fast run for 2 minutes. Was sweating like a mofo.

Total HR stats:
1 hr. 3 min.
1:40 below zone
50 minutes in zone
12 minutes above zone
481 calories burn

WOOHOO!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Did C&W ab work yesterday and chest/back:

Bench: 65# 3/8
(this feels good for me as anything heavier pulls in my back)
Flyes 30's 3/8

Lat Pulldowns 80# 3/8
One Arm Rows 35's 3/8

Then went on a 13 mile bike ride. Didn't quite get to 18 as I wasn't feeling it.

Today I am gonna work shoulders/legs and get in some cardio too.

Debbie,

Excellent workout! Interesting too with the plate for raises. Cool..never thought about doing those that way. I can't believe your up to 35's for overhead presses! My gosh! ;)

Morning Crazies! Just finished up AOS Newport. Will do a recovery type bike ride later today.
menupop.gif

Newport: Used 18lb kb throughout...except those darned Sots press mofo's (we are cussers today Deb!). Used a 8lb dumbell for those!

Round 1 : Cossack stretch , squat/thrust/snatch (3 mins.); bicycle (1 min.)

Round 2: Squat/Press, One-Arm Swing (4 mins.); double leg raise (keep feet 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 3: 2-handed swing, hot potato (4 mins.); twisting crunch (1 min. - Anthony does sets of 10-8-6-4-2 and then repeats)

Round 4:
Punch matrix, plank (you go through each exercise 3x) (3 mins.); Single leg raise (keep stationary leg 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 5: Side snatch, overhead lunge (4 mins.) side plank (1 min.)

Round 6: Squat/kick, sots press (press from a squat) (3 mins.); standing oblique crunch (1 min

Round 7: Hand to hand clean, dragon lunge (curtsy lunge) 4 mins. ; Russian twist which then turns into russian twist with bicycle crunch.

Round 8: kettlebell pushup (just like the side-to-side pushups in P90X), dive bombers into cobra and janda situp

Debbie,

Excellent workout! Interesting too with the plate for raises. Cool..never thought about doing those that way. I can't believe your up to 35's for overhead presses! My gosh! ;)

Char, the overhead presses was with a barbell. Holy crap! If I did this workout with 35# dumbbells my shoulders would have broke off! LMAO!!! :eek:

Nice workout yesterday, girl! You did a lot of bike riding!

Debbie - I am intrigued and I guess I am going to have to try this tabata. Where did you find the clock? You did say it was in the Mens M&F?

All of you who had issues last week with the time change - well I have them this week. I have not been able to get out of the bed. yesterday I only time to do a quick cardio workout in the am. I did get an hour hike in later yesterday.

Today I did legs - but ran short on time!

Leg extensions - 55# - 4 sets of 10
Hanging ab raises - 4 sets or 12
Lying Leg curls - 40# - 4 sets of 10
bulgarian split squats - 3 risers - 4 sets of 10 with 25# DBs
hip raises - 3 sets of 15

Then I ran out of time and had to get ready for work. I hope get better next week. I am going to S.C. to visit my family and see my Dad. I will not be able to exercise much there, but hope to get a run and bike ride in while there.

Take care all. Great work outs!!

Debbie - I am intrigued and I guess I am going to have to try this tabata. Where did you find the clock? You did say it was in the Mens M&F?

Ally, it's in the newest M&F mens magazine, the magazine has Bruce Lee on the front cover. Here is where you can download the clock:

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

I'm telling you, this is an awesome way to train if you are in a plateau. My body is actually "hot" from the inside out today. I am WARM. It's 40 degrees here and usually I'm covered up with layers of clothes and today I'm wearing a t-shirt and I'm still warm. So I know my metabolism is fired up. This must be what Diane Sue feels like all the time! LOL!!

Debbie - i think I am in a plateau and need something to kick me into gear. I like really intense training and this sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you do it for a certain number of exercises - and do you rest between the exercises (after the 8 rounds)? I will pick the magazine up today.

Take care - and go girl!

I'm telling you, this is an awesome way to train if you are in a plateau.

Debbie...There is a discussion about tabta training on one of the Figure Athlete forums. That was what one of the girls was saying that tabata training really kicks up your metabolism and will help burn bf. Pretty interesting. Will have to get the issue of MF. Cool about being able to download the clock.

Had a great chest/back workout yesterday. Was able to up my wieghts on all of the exercise except Iso Low Rows... but already at 57# on that and that's enough (for now!) Still have doms in my booty from Tuesdays workout! Yea! :D I'm sure it was from the bulgarian split squats...did them with 30# db off my workout bench...ouch!

Todays workouk is my fave...shoulders/arms/abs.

Debbie - i think I am in a plateau and need something to kick me into gear. I like really intense training and this sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you do it for a certain number of exercises - and do you rest between the exercises (after the 8 rounds)? I will pick the magazine up today.

Take care - and go girl!

Get the magazine, it explains it all in detail in it. It has it set up working 1 body part a day, 4 exercises (give or take), 8 sets each, 3 minute rest between each exercise.

I added in the treadmill stuff because I had time. And it will also help keep my calorie burn up.

Debbie...There is a discussion about tabta training on one of the Figure Athlete forums. That was what one of the girls was saying that tabata training really kicks up your metabolism and will help burn bf. Pretty interesting. Will have to get the issue of MF. Cool about being able to download the clock.

Well, I believe that is what is going on. I can't believe how hungry I've been since I started this and how warm my body is. I'm liking it! :D

Funny story - you mentioned Bruce Lee. When I lived in Seattle I wanted really badly to go to Jimi Hendrix grave site, he lived in Renton. I visited it and it was not big deal. I then went with a friend to Bruce Lee's grave site and it was a huge memorial and there people there all the time visiting his grave. Interesting.....

Funny story - you mentioned Bruce Lee. When I lived in Seattle I wanted really badly to go to Jimi Hendrix grave site, he lived in Renton. I visited it and it was not big deal. I then went with a friend to Bruce Lee's grave site and it was a huge memorial and there people there all the time visiting his grave. Interesting.....

Bruce Lee is dead? :eek:

Hi maniacs! I've been sick- it explains why I felt like such hell after my workout Monday morning. Anyway, I'm feeling 85% today, so I might try a light LIC cardio premix this afternoon. I hate being sick and not working out- makes me feel slug-like. I haven't done my other STS workouts this week (nothing since Monday) so I need to catch up a bit. I think I can do it tomorrow and Saturday and stay on track.

Debbie: OMG I want to try this new weight lifting method! I'll have to pick up a copy of M&F this week.

Great workouts everyone! Sorry I don't have more time for personals but I have a lot of housework to catch up on today. Blah!

OMG Debbie:p! YES! His son Brandon Lee is dead too. Weird thing, they both very young, close to the same age and both while filming. Wikipedia him and you'll get tons of info. on him. He was and still is very influential to a lot of people out there.

LOL! I must live in a hole or something... :rolleyes:

We had a late night. The girls painted Easter Characters and watched movies. I finally went to bed and they stayed up with their Papa watching movies. I got up this morning and did Amy's Step Challenge 2, then Ab Circuits weights and plates and no partner medicine ball abs, I added some hanging knee raises with a 10# med ball. I finished with STS extended stretch. Total calories burned was 717. Where is everyone today?

Dallys, nice workout. I wish these workouts kept a standard name for moves instead of calling them something that you have to explain what it is.

Sonya, figure athlete has had a lot of stuff on metabolic workouts. I find it really interesting. I know AOS did a video or something in their minute of strength on tabata training but I haven't been able to find it again.

Debbie, thanks for posting that link. Maybe I can try this out when I finish with STS.

All of you who had issues last week with the time change - well I have them this week. I have not been able to get out of the bed. yesterday I only time to do a quick cardio workout in the am. I did get an hour hike in later yesterday.

I'm still adjusting. I can get out of bed this week, but I have zero desire or energy to workout. Hopefully by next week we'll be back to normal.

Debbie - M&F should give you a cut of all the sales you are generating for this issue.:p:p:p I know I'm in, I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

Patti - Hope you feel better soon!

This morning I had zero energy and took all I had to do something, so I changed it up and picked a couple I haven't done in awhile. I did Amy's Advanced Step Challenge adding the intervals from CTX Step & Intervals. Workout was 55 minutes and burned 456 calories.

Debbie - M&F should give you a cut of all the sales you are generating for this issue.:p:p:p I know I'm in, I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

LOL! This is the only reason I have a subscription to M&F Mens, because I love their rotations. I've done many of them and have had huge success and great results with them. I have a feeling this will be no different.

Great workout, Debbie; that's cool how excited you are about it!

Patti, I know, I feel the same way when I'm sick. Hope you'll be able to get your workout in, but of course, there are times when you just really need to rest.

My workout will be tonight, after work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.