Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/18

Today was Meso 2, Disc 15, Back and Biceps. Again, went fairly light due to my two weeks off. I think I should have gone a little lighter. Bicep work was really hard. Seems my biceps are the only muscle that loses strength quickly. Not sure why. Had a good workout, though.

Warmup:
Lat pulldowns with band - 12 reps/green band
T-Pull with band - 12 reps/green band
Y's with band - 12 reps/green band

Workout:
BACK
Band Pulldowns - 12 reps (all three bands)
***Had no desire to do chinups, plus my upper body is still really sore from Monday's workout. :eek:

One Arm Row - 30#/12
One Arm Row - 30#/10
One Arm Row - 30#/8
One Arm Row - 30#/12 (to failure)

Barbell Rows - 55#/12
Barbell Rows - 55#/10
Barbell Rows - 55#/8
Barbell Rows - 55#/14 (to failure)

***Skipped Deadlifts since I just did them yesterday.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl - 55#/12
Barbell Curl - 50#/10
Barbell Curl - 50#/8
Barbell Curl - 50#/7 (to failure)
***Should have gone lighter. I'm bummed about how much strength I've lost with bicep curls. This was really hard for me.

Seated Alternating Curl - 15's/12
Seated Alternating Curl - 15's/10
Seated Alternating Curl - 15's/9

Double Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl - 17's/9
Double Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl - 15's/10
Double Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl - 15's/8 (to failure)
***This was hard and I don't care for this exercise using the stability ball, it really hurts my elbows.

Debbie-I still think those are killer weights, especially on the biceps. I am happy to get 30 or 35 :D
Lori- you really are a maniac to add Tabata drills to the end of Circuit Blast :D
Hermia-hello :p What kind of yoga class do you go to? Sorry about the traffic.

Yesterday I did 4DS HIS and combo/blasts 1 and 2 of LIS. Total workout time was 43 min and I burned 698 calories. Today is weights and steady state. I don't have much else. Have great workouts everyone.

TTYL
Theresa

Last edited:
Good morning!

Theresa - I really like the 4DS HIS/LIS. I don't do that series very often. I think partly because the Bootcamp/Kickbox DVD pooped out on me. Thanks on the "maniac" comment, it made me laugh. I was calling myself other less flattering things by the time I was done, though. Sometimes I decide I'm going to do something the night before or whenever. I have better energy at night usually, and it seems like a good idea ... then. Yah. An energizing challenge or some ridiculous thing like that. But it was kinda fun ... in that weird way that word seems to get used around here. Have a good workout. Are you back to doing a particular rotation?

Debbie - I agree with Theresa. Your "fairly light" weights are quite something! Great workout. Biceps are my weak, lagging muscle group - and chest. Kinda counter-intuitive, cuz my back and triceps are proportionally much stronger. Strength gains are just very slow for me in those muscles. I struggle some with using the stability ball for preacher curls, too. Getting (and keeping) the right angle is kinda tricky for me.

I'm back to meso one now. Last workout for chest, shoulders and biceps today. Also a shorter steady state cardio.

Have a great workout - and morning - everyone. I'll be back later.

Lori-I took a nod to one of cathe's rotations. Right now, I am doing the following:

Wk1-total body x 3 days, 3 days cardio +20 cardio post weights
Wk2-3 days split (using STS) +10 min cardio post weights, and 3 days cardio only
Wk3-one body part per day (using STS) +30 cardio post weights
Wk4-circuits (using my TRX and kettlebell work)

what type of tabata are you doing?

Theresa

My workout is done:D Now I have to shower and run those pesky errands. I started with Shock Cardio Cardio Core Circuit stopped at the stretch and repeated all of round 1 then did the functional core mix and finished with the stretch 65 minutes and 543 calories burned. Then I did Amy's Step Challenge 3 Abs# 1 with 15 & 20# kettlebells and added 3 sets of alternating 10 reps 65# barbell roll outs with 15 reps hanging knee raises with a 10# medicine ball 21 minutes 145 calories, then finished off with the 13 minutes stretch from Step Challenge 3 47 calories. Workout was 99 minutes and total calories burned was 735. 1 week before vacation:D

Lori, sounds like you are a true maniac and fit right in here :D One of these days I am going to get a Gym Boss to use and do some tabata type workouts. Timing my workouts with a clock was hard when I was doing metabolic workouts from Rachel Cosgroves book.

Theresa, nice calorie burn;

Debbie, I think your weights are incredible. I wish I could get to your lighter weights:)

Theresa - That looks like a good rotation. I'm starting to roll around ideas for what to do when I finish this one. Really like Debbie's newest one, too.

I've been playing around with the Tabata for awhile now. I have an old road bike on a trainer (a magnetic wheel you can set to varying resistance). I used to ride that all the time. Not steady state so much as intervals and it was back in my twenties. I was married to a triathlete and lived in Colorado. We used to do a lot of road bike tours through (the very steep) mountains. Yesterday I did my first two rounds on that thing. Set at the right resistance, I have never done ANYTHING tougher (not even the Cathe Hiit's or Cardio Core circuit ... and I do not find those easy). After that though, I experimented with putting different plyo moves together. For example, round 3 was: Plie Jacks 1&2, Dreya rolls w/ tuck jump 3&4, Power scissors 5&6, air jacks 7&8. That's just an example. And that felt pretty tough but it just went so fast, and changing the moves helps. Sometimes I'll stick with the same exercise for the whole round. Usually, I think that's tougher. I try to stick moves with push ups in there pretty often. I am TRYING to make friends with them. My son (who's twelve) says he thinks burpees are called just that because that's one of the things he does when he's sick and feels like puking (burps). I think 12 year old boys can be very wise. Anyway, sorry for the long winded answer. Hope you aren't sorry you asked.

Dianne Sue - About a week ago I was really dragging and thought about skipping my workout. I came on the check-ins and saw the workout you posted and ... I just couldn't. You are so amazing. Every single day. Thanks for the welcome. I got myself a Gym Boss for my birthday last Novemeber. It is the greatest little thing. You can program it for all kinds of different interval segments or use it as a regular timer. It's helped me branch out with what I do for cardio. I was so strictly into workout videos (mostly Cathe) for quite awhile, but have found I even like working out just to the sound of my own breath. That's a different experience altogether and I didn't think I'd like it. More often I listen to music, though. Also, you mentioned Tae Bo yesterday. I think I have the one you did and like it. His newer stuff, at least what i've been exposed to, I don't care for as much as the workouts he originally put out, like the Get Ripped and some of the other's filmed "Live." There are some great sections with holding poses that are similar to the leg conditioning drills from Kick Max. He never suggested using a chair for balance though, and I think those particular workouts helped me with my strength (mostly obliques) and balance quite a lot. Ok. I am done carrying on.

I am all fired up today and in a great mood! We weighed in for our Biggest Loser Challenge last night, and I just feel ready.

I had a puke status workout this morning! I did one of the band circuits from M&F Hers. You do one set of an exercise then run in place for a minute and then move on to the next exercise. There are seven different exercises and you rest for a minute at the very end of each circuit then repeat two more times. Well, I could not see myself just running in place 21 times so I switched the moves up to drills from Insanity. Went like this:

Warm up from Travel Fit

Decline Pushups
25/22/20
switch kicks - 1 minute
Squats
15/15/15
jump squats - 1 minute
One Arm Bent over Rows
15/15/15
heismans - 1 minute
Overhead Press
15/15/15
globe jumps - 1 minute
Cross Body Curls (had trouble here as standard & hammer curls where hurting my hand,)
15/15/15
high knees - 1 minute
Overhead Triceps Extensions
15/15/15
ski downs - 1 minute
abs - I did V-Sits, Crunches & Reverse Crunches using the band for resistance( each time thru I did a different ab exercise)
25/25/35
butt kicks - 1 minutes

Stretch from Travel Fit

*** BTW I used my purple dyna band for everything either single or doubled up depending on the exercise.

Lori - I did a Tabata rotation last year and I loved it. I downloaded a tabata counter clock and put it on my laptop so it could time myself properly through the workout. Very fun stuff. I'll do that rotation again, eventually.

Linda - Nice workout girl!!! You go!!! How long is this rotation with the bands?

Theresa - Nice workouts! Hope you have a good one today!

Diane Sue - Great workouts, and how exciting about your vacation! Wish I was going on vacation somewhere. I so need one!!!

Thanks everyone about my weights! I guess I'm a bit hard on myself when it comes to that. I need to chill a bit. :D

Linda-way to make it work. :p And best of luck on your biggest loser contest.

Lori-I saw something on Ava Cowan yesterday and she uses the bike for HIIT. I have a trainer and may give it a try.

Diane Sue-I hope you have a great time. You should be able to eat off those abs :D

Theresa

Debbie - (I am laughing as I write this) I remember. Where do you think I first heard about Tabata? Thank you, btw.

Linda - That looks like an incredible workout. I'm amazed you used the purple band. I've ONLY used mine for leg work ...

Debbie - Those were good numbers this morning and I am sure your biceps numbers will be back up in no time! I preacher curls on the stability ball! The workout I did this morning not actually part of a rotation but rather 3 circuit band workouts that can be used while on vacation. I am just gonna switch them up and use them until I can hold a real barbell/dumbbell again. We'll have to pull that Tabata rotation out again, that thing was nuts!

Theresa - How's your shoulder these days? I did briefly look at the indian clubs but haven't had a chance to read the article yet. And thanks on the contest, I think this challenge is just what I need to kick my butt into gear as far as eating.

Lori - That's some pretty serious stuff doing Tabata AFTER Circuit Blast. How long to you usually workout for? Funny you should mention the purple band because I was actually thinking on a few things it wasn't heavy enough and next time I'll break out the thicker one.

DianeSue
- How exciting about vacation. I have to wait until June and it will be our first vacation in almost 4 and a half years!!!

I am back from errands. Gosh I spend a lot at the grocery store. I am trying to cut sodium so had to buy a few things.

Lori, that is some workout! :) I think I am going to go order that Gym Boss right now. I just totally forgot when I placed my last Amazon order. After your description it sounds like it will be an even better tool than I had anticipated. Was thinking of asking for it for Mother's Day but why wait. I am kind of wanting the Polar FT60 HR monitor so maybe I will try to get everyone to pull together for that since I know it is not a low cost item.

Linda, your workout plans are great. It gives you a motivational tool to meet your goals. I love motivators:D That is a really great sounding workout. I buy all of M&F Hers magazines so will have to check that out and the website.

Debbie, I saved that clock time that you had posted for the tabata. The only reason I never used it is because I would have to drag my laptop to the workout room and keep touching it so it doesn't go to sleep. DO you have to do that?? I guess there would be breaks.

Hello! Today was another yoga class. I am trying to get to yoga class at least twice a week; so far I've been managing it most of the time, and this week is good on yoga.

Theresa, I guess you would call it hatha yoga? I'm not sure. The studio I go to isn't exactly one type, but I think it is more or less standard issue yoga. What I go to is called "Yoga Works" or "Yoga Blend" and it seems to be the individual instructor does whatever they please.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.