Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/17

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY EVERYONE!

Todays Tabata Training was Biceps and Triceps.

:eek:

Holy crap! What an excellent workout I had. If I don't burn some fat with this type of training then I may as well give this up. My arms hurt and my chest is SO SORE from yetserdays workout. :hyper:

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

20 seconds on/10 seconds off.
3 minute rest between each exercise.

TRICEPS
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions:
35# - 10/10/10/10/9/10/9/10
***Good weight for this but since it was my first exercise I probably could have gone with 40#.

Bench Dips:
Body Weight: 12/10/11/11/12/10/9/10
***These freakin' killed me. Wow. And to think I was going to use weight.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
20# - 14/13/14/13/13/13/12/12
***Got very fatigued with these. Triceps were screaming at me.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
35# - 8/8/9/8/8/7/7/7
***Great burn with this exercise and good weight to begin with.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 8/8/7/7/7/7/7/6
***Another great burn with this. Good weight here too.

Hammer Curls:
12's - 8 sets of 9 reps
***Probably could have done heavier here but by the last couple sets I was fried.

Stretched really good because my arms were just burning.

HR info:
1 hour workout
6 minutes below zone
49 minutes in zone
5 minutes above zone
426 calories burned

That is all....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do Imax 2 today and work abs. Try to get in some yoga in the evening.

Debbie,

Smokin' workout! I might like to try something like that.

Debbie - Awesome workout! I just may need to try that rotation next:p

This morning I did Imax 2 modifying blast 3 to air jumps, because left knee was not going to take all that 1 leg hopping. Also did ab work after each of the first six blasts. Workout was 57 minutes and burned 483 calories.

Abs
Hanging Leg Raises
8/8/9
SB Rollout
18/18/18

Morning! Today was a rest day for me- yesterday I was wiped out. I haven't felt that tired since my kids weren't sleeping through the night. I don't know what the deal is- so I stayed in bed this morning. It was nice. :)

Major DOMS from STS #1 (second time through). My lats are killing me and good DOMS in my shoulders- I wasn't this sore the first time around, so that's odd.

Great pics yesterday Sonya! You look awesome.

Debbie: This workout intrigues me! I like hearing about it.

Gotta go hang out with boy while his sister is at preschool.

Morning Maniacs! Did AOS Providence this morning. Felt good.

Debbie-This rotation you are doing is sounding more cool by the day! :cool:

Later...

Sonya - Great pictures! You look fabulous!

Dally - I love you little bicycle man in your signature. Too cool1 I just noticed him!

My abs are sooooooo sore! The workout was tough but all day, I kept thinking, "well, am I going to feel it?" Last night, as I slept and went to turn, I felt it indeed :eek: Today, my abs will be on my mind for sure...Now I've got to keep that fire burning.

Not sure what today will be. Yesterday was a steady on the TM for about 20 min, arc for 5, SM for 5, bike for 15 min. Nice calorie burn even for a steady too.

Debbie - I am going to get that magazine today. Went to Target last night for it but they apparently don't carry it, at least at my Target.

Pattie - enjoy the rest day :)

My abs are sooooooo sore! The workout was tough but all day, I kept thinking, "well, am I going to feel it?" Last night, as I slept and went to turn, I felt it indeed :eek: Today, my abs will be on my mind for sure...Now I've got to keep that fire burning.

Debbie - I am going to get that magazine today. Went to Target last night for it but they apparently don't carry it, at least at my Target.

Shana - I did those abs in the new Oxygen mag too, killer!! I didn't get as sore as you did, though. Nice job!!!

Debbie - which ab workout in Oxygen are you referring to? And did you do it the tabata way?

I did total body circuit today. I have not been motivated here lately, I need something. I had a good workout.

Shana - I did those abs in the new Oxygen mag too, killer!! I didn't get as sore as you did, though. Nice job!!!

Did you do the ones from April or Spring? I have not tried April yet. Was going to but it was after an arm workout and my arms were too fried to hold the plank! Spring is all work on a bench. 3 sets of 30 for 4 different moves.

Debbie - which ab workout in Oxygen are you referring to? And did you do it the tabata way?

It wasn't one of the ab Oxygen's, it was in the latest Oxygen Magazine - the original magazine. It's a series of 4 ab exercises. It's a killer. No, I didn't do it the tabata way. Don't think I will.

Did you do the ones from April or Spring? I have not tried April yet. Was going to but it was after an arm workout and my arms were too fried to hold the plank! Spring is all work on a bench. 3 sets of 30 for 4 different moves.

It was from the most current Oxygen Magazine, not one of those special ones. It has 4 exercises in it and I do think the planks are the last one. That was hard to do.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/grapefruit juice
M3: Chocolate BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Chicken Stew; 1/2 grapefruit
M5: Salad w/tuna & Lite Northern Italian Dressing
M6: Chipolte Tilapia; salad or steamed veggies
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1758 calories
48 g. fat - 25%
149 g. protein - 34%
190 g. carbs - 43%

This morning's workout was a 6 mile treadmill run, STS Abs circuits no equipment and pilates based abs, Cathe's Stretch on the ball #1. Total calories burned was 809. I have my granddaughters here today so we went out to get a couple of errands done. Just having lunch. WEnt by the nutrition center for some chocolate protein powder and more cashew butter. The girls and I shared an apple sliced with cashew butter on it while waiting on lunch. Now I am not hungry.

Debbie I went out and got that issue of Muscle and Fitness Men's today. I thought the abs stuff looked interesting. Later I will sit down and look it over:)

It wasn't one of the ab Oxygen's, it was in the latest Oxygen Magazine - the original magazine. It's a series of 4 ab exercises. It's a killer. No, I didn't do it the tabata way. Don't think I will.

It was from the most current Oxygen Magazine, not one of those special ones. It has 4 exercises in it and I do think the planks are the last one. That was hard to do.

Would you be interested in the one I did? I am going to try the April one now that my arms are not jelly :)

Debbie I went out and got that issue of Muscle and Fitness Men's today. I thought the abs stuff looked interesting. Later I will sit down and look it over:)

Let me now what you think. I love the way they have it laid out. Very easy to make your own ab workouts.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished Imax 2 and eating my tuna fish now. Gonna get into the yoga after lunch. Think I will try this Rodney Yee..Yoga Burn and see how it goes..don't know if there is ab work in that one or not. So far, I really like Yoga X the best from P90X. I don't like seeing Rodney in little panties though...it kinda hurts my eyes.

Shana,

Good job getting the abs sore!!!

You can tell you guys are gettin some great workouts with all the DOMS going on here!

Today's workout is legs.

Thanks for the nice compliments on the pics. Will be interesting to see the changes with the "bulking" phase.

Would you be interested in the one I did? I am going to try the April one now that my arms are not jelly :)

Yes, that would be great! I'd love to know what you did!!!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished Imax 2 and eating my tuna fish now. Gonna get into the yoga after lunch. Think I will try this Rodney Yee..Yoga Burn and see how it goes..don't know if there is ab work in that one or not. So far, I really like Yoga X the best from P90X. I don't like seeing Rodney in little panties though...it kinda hurts my eyes.

Shana,

Good job getting the abs sore!!!

Char, nice job on IMAX 2! I just got done eating tuna too! :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.