Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/15

meowracer

Cathlete
Good Morning!! I am SO glad that today is rest (going to do abs and Flexible Warrior yoga), and next week is active recovery. My body needs it. I was so bummed with tricep work last time b/c my elbows popped with every move and hurt. Had to move down in weights a little bit b/c elbows could not take it. They had quit doing that and then boom, just started last time. Hopefully, with a week of rest, they will be fine again. Yesterday was legs, Disc 12. Did fine with that. I got the Altus hooks to try and they really work nicely. I almost got the VersaGrips but decided to try these first b/c otherwise, I would want to wear my gloves and may try Cathe's weighted gloves later on. I think I forgot to post my last cardio workout too - things have gotten crazy around here the past few days. It was sort of a steady state but I probably pushed too hard. Had a nice calorie burn too but don't remember where I wrote it down!

Dallys - I have not yet gotten that trainer. Still want it though! Yesterday though, at the bike shop, I got to talking to the guy about rollers b/c I knew you had just mentioned it, and then he mentioned it so we talked after the shop closed. His belt had just broken that day but he's going to fix it next week and I'm going to go in and check it out. He said all the guys there fell off of it :) I have to go and try on shoes with my own socks b/c they are thicker, which I need for my tiny little heel on my size 10 foot!

Hello to all and have a great Sunday! It's cold and rainy here, but will get back into the 80s next week, which is perfect for Spring Break! :)

Morning Girls! I'm heading out for a bike ride with the hubster, our usual 36 miles. As soon as the snow melts on part of our route up the canyon, we can make it a 42 miler.:cool:

Hope your weekend has been fun so far. :D

Dallys - I have not yet gotten that trainer. Still want it though! Yesterday though, at the bike shop, I got to talking to the guy about rollers b/c I knew you had just mentioned it, and then he mentioned it so we talked after the shop closed. His belt had just broken that day but he's going to fix it next week and I'm going to go in and check it out. He said all the guys there fell off of it :) I have to go and try on shoes with my own socks b/c they are thicker, which I need for my tiny little heel on my size 10 foot!
Great! Let me know how you like it. It definitely looks like one would be in for a learning curve, but I think once you get the hang of it, it'll be a better workout than with a trainer, but I'm not sure. A lot of the guys on the Mountain Bike Forum like them better than trainers.

Last edited:
Morning Girls! I'm heading out for a bike ride with the hubster, our usual 36 miles. As soon as the snow melts on part of our route up the canyon, we can make it a 42 miler.:cool:

Hope your weekend has been fun so far. :D

Great! Let me know how you like it. It definitely looks like one would be in for a learning curve, but I think once you get the hang of it, it'll be a better workout than with a trainer, but I'm not sure. A lot of the guys on the Mountain Bike Forum like them better than trainers.

Yes, he said it is much better than a trainer if you can stay on. The do make some that have little lip things on the edges so you don't go flying off. He did say, though, that the Rock n Roll one would be the next best thing if I was too scared of the rollers :eek:

Yes, he said it is much better than a trainer if you can stay on. The do make some that have little lip things on the edges so you don't go flying off. He did say, though, that the Rock n Roll one would be the next best thing if I was too scared of the rollers :eek:

Does he have a Rock n Roll trainer for you to test? That would be great to compare that with the roller.

Dally - unfortunately, no. That has been my hold-off - trying to find one to test before I buy. I live in Houston so you would think it would not be that hard. I have not been to the bigger places in Houston yet though. Have you seen the Inside Ride E-Motion roller?? Expensive but way cool.

Sure wish my hubby would ride like that. I have the ex though...:p

Today is my rest day. Tomorrow I will be doing STS chest, shoulders, and triceps. DH and I went for a drive and ate at Red Lobster. Good thing I only had a salad with fat free dressing for lunch and coffee for breakfast LOL I got the broiled seafood platter and water but those darn biscuits were tempting the heck out of me. Had two:eek:

Ended up taking the mountain bikes out for the first time this year instead of the road bikes. Went 16 miles (cuz, we crazy) and I admit, I did cry for my Momma a few times. Totally humbled. Legs are pure jello.

Dally - unfortunately, no. That has been my hold-off - trying to find one to test before I buy. I live in Houston so you would think it would not be that hard. I have not been to the bigger places in Houston yet though. Have you seen the Inside Ride E-Motion roller?? Expensive but way cool.

Sure wish my hubby would ride like that. I have the ex though...:p
Checked out the Ride E-Motion and now I want one, darn you!:p $795 isn't that much is it? ;)

Today is my rest day. Tomorrow I will be doing STS chest, shoulders, and triceps. DH and I went for a drive and ate at Red Lobster. Good thing I only had a salad with fat free dressing for lunch and coffee for breakfast LOL I got the broiled seafood platter and water but those darn biscuits were tempting the heck out of me. Had two:eek:
Those biscuits will get you every time!:eek: Probably, all in all, not a bad day of eating though.

Last edited:
Dallys - ha ha - cool, huh???

Diane Sue - I hope you see this. I have a really good recipe for something very close to those biscuits. They are yummy. Those are Red Lobster are indeed hard to turn away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.