Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/3

Today was Total Body and I had a great workout. It only took about 35 minutes to do. I wish all workouts could be this short!

2 sets of 8 reps with a 1 minute rest between each set.

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 85#
***Good weight here. I think if I would have gone any heavier the reps would have been sloppy.

Barbell Rows - 85#
***This felt really good too, concentrated on the squeeze at the top of the movement. That always makes a difference.

Squats - 85#
***Lots of 85# today. Concentrated on squeezing my glutes.

Dumbbell Military Press - 20's
***Could have gone heavier here.

Alternate Hammer Curls - 25's
***I can't think of the name of this exercise. When you do the curl you sweep the weight across the front of your body, then you do the curl and twist at the top. What are those called? That's what I did here.

Lying Barbell Extension - 50#
***Good weight here. Got a good burn.

Then I had tons of time so I got on my treadmill and did a fast walk at 3.3 mph on and incline of 3%. Got sweaty doing this, even more then doing Kenpo yesterday. I wanted to see how my hip flexor did on this and it was fine. No tightness or pain. So I'm happy about that. I think I still need to take it easy when it comes to my treadmill for a while.

Debbie-glad to see the hip flexors are cooperating :D NIce weights and nice workout.

Yesterday was cardio and I did Shock Cardio: Cardio Core Circuit cardio premix. The workout goes through 2 sets of 3 cardio exercises w/ minimal rest between each cardio. Workout time for me was 38 min. I did foam rolling stretches instead of static stretching. I had som major DOMS in the hamstrings from Monday's workout.

Theresa

p.s. I'm on my 3rd day of no sweets. Next thing to tackle will be diet soda :p

Hey Everyone,:)

I need to make this quick, I’ve been off a few days.:rolleyes:

Sat: 4DS – all upper body & 35 minute run, abs
Sun: un-planned rest day I was suppose to do D-6 legs but I had my grandkids, late night.
Mon: D-6 legs & 30 min jog
Tues: D-7 chest shoulders & Bi’s & 35 minutes of LIC

Wednesday –REST DAY……………:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will talk too you guys later……….

Debbie - I so agree on Kenpo X, fun workout but it does not get the HR up. Like you, when Tony says his HR is 160, I am like "what?" Nice workout this morning.

Theresa - WTG, on the no sweets! Keep up the great work!

This morning was suppose to be Back & Biceps, but my left hand can't hold the DB for the Bicep work. It would be okay if I could keep the weight in my palm, but then all my reps would be top half range only!:p Might be a really good workout!:p

Anyway, I did Legs and Back instead, once again skipping the back exercises. This is officially the last time I will do P90X legs. :D

And I have already managed to paint one wall in my bedroom this morning. Getting ready to head back and start another one.:)

Morning Maniacs -

Well, this AM I did a YRG workout as a stand alone workout. Not sure how I feel about this. It just felt like a hard yoga workout, but my I'm icing my shoulders right now. Not sure my injury can handle all of those slow count pushups.

I did YRG Diamond Cutter. Workout was 60" and I burned 480 calories. Max HR was only 135.

I think I kept forgetting to squeeze everything. It takes tons of concentration to continually contract everything while moving thru yoga poses. This had some slow isometric punches, slow isometric biceps curls and rows. If I don't get sore from this tomorrow (well - I know my legs will be from all of those long lunge holds and squats), I plan on doing weights and cardio tomorrow instead of plain cardio.

Deb - glad your hip flexors are better. Good workout!

Linda - I hate painting...or doing any hourework for that matter. I give you credit! Take care of that shoulder.

Have great workouts everyone.

Linda - Did they take x-rays of your hand yesterday? How come they don't know what's wrong yet? Yay on the last Legs & Back workout!!! You rock, girlfriend!!! Also, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That's so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I pm'd you. :D

Theresa - Nice job with your workout and great going with the no sweets! That's hard to do, I know! It took me about a month to wheen myself off of sugars.

Lora - I agree on the yoga, sometimes it's really hard to concentrate on the moves. I hardly ever get into that mind/body connection thing. My mind is always everywhere else! LOL!!!

I did a workout this morning before I took the girls to school. I want to go back and add Insanity Cardio Recovery before I head out to run errands. Workout was Jari's Extremely Ripped Body Rock 75 minutes 447 calories 45% fat, Muscle Max Lower premix (no w/up) 20 minutes 130 cal 45% fat. Not sure how I felt about Body Rock. The first dance segments did nothing for the HR. Cardio segments with Jari were OK. All floor cardio not super high intensity. Weights were good. 33 minutes using lots of pulses and isometrics. Jari had the endurance going pretty well.
When I came back I did Insanity Cardio Recovery 33 min. . This was bodyweight lower body mixed with balance, yoga, and stretching. I liked it a lot. Total calories burned today was 733.

My workouts don't feel like they have been that good lately. I need to figure something out.

Debbie, I have stayed off of the treadmill for awhile now. I want to start back again but really do worry about the knees. I am leaning more toward the kettlebell work causing my knee problems though. Never had the problem till I started swinging kettlebells. Glad things are finally working for you.

Linda, good job finishing P90X legs. Sorry that the hand is still a problem. I sure hope it heals soon.

Theresa, great job avoiding those sweets. That is hard to do.

Lora, I just really can rarely get my mind into a yoga workout. I just like the ones with more stretching to them. I have tried because I would thought it would help me focus better.

Lora, what's YRG?

I finally got a leeetle working out in this week, but I'm still really looking forward to my upcoming schedule change that will return me to a relative level of normality. I just finished the upper body premix from Supersets and on Monday I did the abs from Butts and Guts. My original plan was to do those together, but time did not permit. I have some tenure track job applications due in a couple days, so that has taken major priority, amongst all the other work!

Hope everyone is having a good day. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.