Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/24

Today was Back, Biceps and Abs. Had an excellent workout and felt very strong this morning. Had lots of energy, too. Didn't want to stop.

10 minutes on treadmill doing light jog.

1 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Underhand Barbell Rows:
45# - 15/15 (warmup)
55# - 10
60# - 10 (up 3#)
65# - 10 (up 5#)
***Used good form and held the contraction at the top for 2 seconds.

One Arm Rows:
32# - 10
35# - 10
37# - 10 (up 2 reps)
***I really don't care for this exercise.

BICEPS
Wide Grip EZ Curls:
30# - 15/15 (warmup)
45# - 9/8/8
***No increase on weight from last time. I used a different ez curl bar because I hate the other one I have. This one used a wider grip so it was harder to go heavy. Felt great, though!

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
17's - 10
20's - 10
22's - 9 (up 1 rep)
***No increase here either except for the 1 rep.

ABS
Triset:
Woodchops using 15#
Bench V-Ups
Oblique Jack Knife

***Did 3 sets of 15 each with a 1 minute break between each triset. Excellent burn.

That is all....

Todas w/o was Disk 10 ..
Chest bi and shoulders..
Had a good w/o..
Got my arse out of bed..
I am really sore. I am up 7# since i started this..
I really hope it is fluid hold from being so darn sore..
Have a great day all.
Off to work.

Today was cardio for me.

Meals so far

Meal1 Cup of cheerios and 1/2 banana
Meal2 protein shake w/berries
Meal3 tuna w/veggies

I will post the rest later

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 but w/no banana
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. naturally more PB
M4: Zuccini Lasagna; Clementine
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Talapia; steamed veggies w/balasmic vinegar
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. naturally more pb

1652 calories
38 g. fat - 21%
177 g. protein - 43%
155 g. carbs - 37%

That Zuccini Lasagna is so good. I got the recipe from the Clean Eating Oxygen Mag. I will be making this again for sure. Happy with these numbers!

Hi guys! I did Bootcamp (the original, not 4DS) this morning- good workout. I am enjoying the circuit work this week for a break from heavy lifting. It's nice to think that 55# on squats is super light when I used to think it was heavy. :) Anyway, I'm having fun.

My mom is in town for the next few weeks and staying here so I'm enjoying her and her time with the kids. DS's birthday is Monday and his party is this weekend so I have a lot to do.

Oh and I caved and am going on the RT- pretty excited. My best friend from college lives 30 minutes from there so I get to see her too.

I also love that zucchini lasagna- no need for noodles! Have a good day everyone. I'll try to BBL.

This morning I did IMAX 2, on less than 5 hours of sleep!:eek: Workout was 53 minutes and I burned 420 calories.

Okay, who is going to share the zucchini recipe!!!!!?????

I got this from this forum and I think it is the same recipe. We all liked it. Make sure you cut the zucchini thin enough, though and I would bake it a bit longer than it says. I also put the cottage cheese in the blender.

Zucchini Lasagna

1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1, 24oz jar low-fat, low-sodium tomato sauce
1# extra lean ground chicken or turkey (I used 96% lean ground beef)
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 egg
2 C low fat cottage cheese (I used fat free)
1 tsp whole-wheat flour
1/2 C skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
2 1/2 C zucchini (about 2 medium), sliced into 1/4" thick pieces, divided
Preheat oven to 350

In a large nonstick frying pan, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add tomato sauce and ground meat, and bring all ingredients to consistent heat for 10 minutes (until browned). Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat.

In a small bowl, slighty beat the egg. Stir in cottage cheese, flour and 1/4 C mozzarella cheese.

Pour 1/2 of meat-tomato sauce mixture into a 1 1/2 quart roasting pan. Top with 1 1/4 C zucchini slices and cottage cheese mixture. Then cover with remaining meat-tomato sauce mixture and zucchini. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Info: makes 6 servings, about 1 2/3 C serving size.
240 calories
3.5g fat
19g carbs
3g fiber
10g sugar
32g protein
530mg sodium
45mg cholesterol

I hardly slept last night. Got up and took 1/2 of a Tylenol sleep. Got up later and took another 1/2 :shock: So I was really tired when the baby got here. Did my workout with her in the room. She is getting better about staying off the step bench. I took a nap when she went down for hers. Hopefully I am not dragging when we go to dinner with friends tonight. Workout was Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 repeating the power ups and burning 678 calories. Then I did STS stability ball abs pilates abs. I finishe off with Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions post cardio segment.
Meals today so far is lots of coffee with fat free creamer and a spinach salad with blueberries, feta cheese, and honey mustard dressing.

Yep, that's the recipe but the next time I make it I'm going to cut the zuccini up into 1" cubes and just mix it up with everything. Its really hard to cut with the zuccini in strips. They didn't bake very well.

Patti - thanks for the recipe - it does sound yummy!

Sonya and Diane Sue - boy, you weren't kidding about myfitnesspal.com!! They do have everything listed and it is easy to use. I was not surprised to learn that I do not eat enough calories or fat, shocked though that I don't eat enough carbs (I thought I was carb queen) and that I do eat more protein than I realized. I am going to try to stick with this so thank you for the recommendation!

Today was cardio and abs. I did 11 miles on the bike and burned 462 calories - it was a steady ride rather than HIIT today. Abs was from Ab Hits - PS Back.

Diane Sue - hope you get better sleep tonight! I hate the dragging feeling.

Shanna...Glad you are happy w/myfitnesspal. It's super easy to add your own meals and save as well as putting in an item not listed.

Patti and Debbie...Lasagna recipe looks good. Will defintely try it. Thanks for the tips on cutting zuchinni smaller.

Today's workout will be Plyometrics followed by 20 minutes HIIT on bike.

Meals for today (high carb day):
M1: 5 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal, blueberries
M2: Protein Shake, banana
M3: 5 oz. chicken, 1 cup brown rice
M4: Apple (pre-workout)
M5: Surge (post-workout)
M6: Talapia, orange, plum
M7: Protein Shake, almonds
Calories:1795, Carbs:207, Fat:29, Protein:175

That recipe sounds good; I'll have to write it down when I've got a bit more time. I'm about to leave for my evening class. Yesterday I did biceps and triceps from 4DS and abs from Amy Bento's SloMo. Haven't worked out yet today but will do something when I get home.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.