Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/2

Well, no weight training this week either. I'll be back later to update you all on why. :(

Today I did cardio and that was hard enough. I chose Press Play and did all the challenges but the last one. I also took it easy with all the challenges, my goal was just to get some kind of calorie burn in.

Cardio stats:
58 minutes
3 minutes below zone
23 minutes in zone
31 minutes above zone
469 calories burned
Almost 3.5 miles travelled

Not bad for not giving it my all.

BBL!

Morning:D

This morning I did Imax 2. I had lots of energy:) Mr.Taebo, hm.... I;m still sore all in my abs from that workout, need to bring that one back, that was an excellent workout for me:rolleyes:

Here's Stats from yesterday workout, I forgot to bring my paper that I listed all my hard work.

Treadmill
1.71 miles travelled
198 cals burned
25 minutes

STS CS &B
Push Ups - Standard
Push Up Wide
Push Ups - Standard
Alternating Seated Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbell)
Barbell Curl
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell)
Seated Rear Delts
Bonus Band Pulls
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell)
Decline Pushups
Incline Front Raise on Stability Ball (dumbbell)
Standing Quarter Stop Curls Both Arms (dumbbell)
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell)
Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's (dumbbell)
Straddle Pushups
Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell)
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell)
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell)
Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell)
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball One Arm (dumbbell)
Core Pushups - boot camp style
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell)
Reverse Dumbbell Curl
Staggered Pushups
Incline Rear Raise on Stability Ball (dumbbell)
Barbell Curl Wide Grip

Debbie: I hope everything is OK- now you have me worried. :(

Teddy: Ooooh, STS! Mine comes today- can't wait to start previewing. I admit that I find it strange that I will never do the same workout twice. I find that most of the time, the first time I do a workout it isn't as effective as the second time, just because I'm more familiar with everything. Hmm, sounds like I'm making an argument to do the 6 month rotation. :) I need that Tae Bo workout- always looking for fun cardio.

I did GS Legs today and CTX KB abs- excellent workout. I can feel that my legs are nice and fatigued. The ab workout was just OK- never did it before, so change is good. I may do another ab workout this afternoon.

Squats BB: 3 sets + bonuses / 65#
-Doing 70 next time and need to use the squat rack
Front Lunges: 2 sets + bonuses / 15s
- I just can't go any heavier and keep up with Cathe's pace- I may try to go up a notch next time and just go slower.
Rear Lunges: 4 3-counts / 8 singles, repeat / 15s
Plie Squats: 2 sets / 10# vest + 25s
-I probably need to switch to a BB for this to increase the weight anymore
Leg Press: 2 sets / 5 risers w/ green band
-I wore the vest last time and got pretty winded so I decided to really focus on the muscle and just use the band- think I'll move up to purple next time.
Deadlift toes elevated: 70#
- Up from 65# last time
Deadlift on platform: 70#
Slow motion lunges: 10s
-This was up from 8s- next time 12s

Floorwork- I did it all but won't type it out. I will move up to the purple band next time, though. I won't say the floor work is easy (ha!) but I have noticed that I can get through it a bit easier. Hooray for progress. :)

This morning was Providence again, but this time with heavier KBs. I picked up a 25# and a 35#. So let's just say that the workout was a lot more challenging this morning.

I will break down the workout and weights if anyone is interested.

Debbie
- I hope you are okay and that is nothing too serious!

Oh, my pull ups / chin ups update- I like the Iron Gym thing. I can just jump on there in the middle of the kitchen and try to do a few. I am starting with chin ups and can only do one unassisted. :mad: I got out the bands and did a few last night with those. Maybe I'll try pull ups today.

Patti: Yeah! Glad you get yours today, you are going to fall in love. I watched Plyo legs lasts night it is a goodie. Tomorrow, is Back &Tri’s. I really don’t think I can or should do this workout. I AM so freaking sore it is ridiculous CS&T I went heavy Ooh we.
If you want Taebo, PM me

Nice Workouts you guys:p:D
;)

Morning Ladies! How is everyone? I was supposed to legs today, but I forgot and did the plyo legs yesterday. So I guess I will do chest and biceps today.

Interested in hearing about the STS from you alll. Dailys - also loving the Chalene extreme updates.

Linda - I would like to hear more details about your workout. I guess you are finished with the TT?

Debbie
, hope you are ok.

This is what happened: :mad:

Saturday morning I reached over my head for my stupid glasses and a muscle in my left shoulder blade area twisted and hurt like hell!!!! There is a huge knot there and dh has been rubbing it out ever since it happened. It felt great last night but then when I woke up this morning it hurt all over again. Did the same damn thing on Sunday. Went to get my glasses when I woke up and it pulled it more. So I have been in some major pain since Saturday. No way can I workout and it was all I could do to run with my cardio this morning. It hurt so bad to jolt it while running that after the 2nd challenge I just did inclines at a fast pace. I can't believe this happened although I think it's a blessing in disguise because my right shoulder (rotator cuff) is finally feeling better. I still feel a slight strain when I lift it out to the side, but other then that it seems fine. I have an excruciating headache as well and I'm sure it's because all the nerves in my upper back are inflamed.

My plan is to take another week off, clean up my eating ASAP and start up with my rotation on Feb. 9th. I should be good to go by then. I hate not working out for another week but thinking of my rotator cuff, I'd rather take 2 weeks off and not 6 if I end up injuring it more. So that is my plan. I will be doing a 12 week rotation, 4 day split, 2 day cardio sessions. I'm really psyched about it!

Now I just need to get through this next week. I feel like such a lazy slob as it is! But I think if I clean up my eating and do cardio Wed. & Fri., I'll be fine.

I have a ice/heat patch on the shoulder blade today. It hurts like HELL!!!

Debbie: What a relief :) I was just waiting too hear from you. I didn’t want to think the worsts Okay doctor orders REST:D….REST;)….Rest….

You've been going a very long time lifting heavy.

Debbie: OMG, how terrible! Um, first, you are ANYTHING but a lazy slob. But I know how it feels when you can't workout. Hopefully another week off will do the trick and you'll come back feeling rested and strong. I hate injuries-- messes up my plan!

Ally: What did you think of plyo legs?

In other good news, STS is "out for delivery" today! Woo hoo! I'm excited to watch it. And um, I guess do it. :p

Debbie, take care of your shoulder and I agree, the word lazy slob does not fit you!! Just take care and get better.

I did bis, back and shoulders today. I did the abs section Saturday from Squeeze. My abs really felt it. Anyway, have that new Squeeze workout? I have not done it yet.

Debbie - Gee! Who would think we'd get hurt doing something so simple. But I totally agree, take care of the shoulders, before you need to have surgery. So The rest is well worth it even if it is difficult.

Ally - Actually I had one more 4 week rotation of TT for Abs, but felt like I needed a change. After a few weeks of whatever I am in the mood for (no formal rotation) maybe I'll go back and finish it. Anyway here are the stats for Providence.

Round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
35#- kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handswing/ 25#- left arm swing then right 30 each/ 25#-alternating arm swing 30 seconds
Round 2: cleans 25# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then altenate
Round 3: chest press 35# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
Round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/35# squat, sumo deadlift,squat, sumo deadlift (you switch hands with the kettlebell on each squat set
Round5: 1 leg deadlift 25# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
Round 6: windmill into overhead squat 20# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
Round 7: clean and press 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
Round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 35# kettlebell I did the high pull version
Round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge
Round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, 35# for biceps only, back to 25# tri and bi combo
Round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
Round 12
seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
Round 13: one arm row 35# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch
Round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 35# for pullovers, 25# kettlebell for twists ,2 minutes
Round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 20#

Note: Thanks to DianeSue, as I cut and pasted her prior listing of Providence and just adjusted for my own stats.

Last edited:
back to post my stats.

Debbie - take care. you may want to get massage therapy. It will speed the healing.

Linda - great work out! I don't have any kettle bells.

Patti - I don't actually have the STS plyo legs. I watched the you tube of it and wrote down the exercises and added a few of my own. I try to do it once a week. I notice a great soreness in my glutes after I do it, so I believe it is effective. It is also tough - it keeps my HR in the high end so it burns calories, and goes by quickly.

This is what I did today:

Chest -
chest flyes - 3 sets 20 # DBs - that is heavy for me!
push ups - 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 and 4

Biceps
curls - 3 sets of 12 with 15# DBs
isolation curls - 3 sets oof 12 withn 15# DBs

Cariod - run / walk on tread mill for 35 minutes.

I am trying this new thing where I do cardio each workout - only if for 15 minutes. Trying to get BF Down.

Have a great day everyone.

What did you all think of the superbowl? it was a great game.

Ally - So far I only have Providence and Newport. But I have only done Providence, which I would highly recommend! I am hoping to do Newport on Friday!

Patti: I Pm'd you:)

Linda: Nice work:) I think Providence would be good for me during my recovery week, this way I can at least try it. huh! need a kettlebell:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I just want to go home, I'm in so much pain right now. I can hardly turn my head to the left. This sucks! :mad: Ally, my dh is my massage therapist. He does an excellent job but I have to wait until he gets home.

I hope this heals quick.

Hi all. Stats for yesterdays workout:

CHEST
Drop Set Push Ups: 72
DB Bench Press: 25# 8/8/8
DB Flyes: 20# 8/8/8
Incline DB Press: 27# 8/6/6
Incline DB Flyes: 22# 8/8/8
Barbell Bench Press: 65#-8, 80# 6/6
TRICEPS
Dips: 24
Lying Ext: 10#-8 2/6 ct., 10#-8 6/2 ct
Overhead DB Ext: 27# 8/8/6
Crossbody Ext: 10# 8/8/8
Kickbacks: 8# 12
ABS
Bootcamp + Core Max #1...mix/match of about 10 different exercises

Today's workout will be back, biceps and shoulders

I did really great on my carb cycling the past 3 days and I kept my carb intake under 100! Of course my caloric intake went down...not good as I need the food to feed the muscle! Aarrggh! Today is a high carb day. Yipee!

Debbie...How frustrating! I hope it heals quickly. Lucky for you your DH is massage therapist! I had a Myo-Facial massage last week. Have you heard of it? First time I had one -1 hour on my neck/shoulder region. It was not the "feel good" massage but 2 days later it feels like 10 lbs has been lifted off my shoulders! Hope you feel better soon!

Patti....stick with the chin-ups, it will come! Thanks for the compliment on my pics!

Linda....nice workout!!!!!!

My STS should be here tomorrow. :D

I can see out to the front street from my office, so here I sit, WILLING the UPS guy to show up. :)

Linda: Cool workout- I can't wait to do some kettlebell work. I think I might do it this summer after STS. I want to take our portable DVD player and do it outside in the nice early morning hours. The neighbors will think I'm nuts.

Debbie: I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. It sounds like a pinched nerve? Glad DH is such a help- you married the right kind of guy! :)

Teddy: I PM'd you back. :)

Sonya: Reading that made me want to do GS chest- I love those 72 push ups. I'm mental. I have CTX upper body split on the agenda for tomorrow- never done so I'm kind of curious. As for carb cycling, I agree it would be hard to get the calories in on low carb days. I am excited to do his zig zag method to lose a few more % of BF, although I don't know if getting to 10% is realistic.

Ah, just heard a truck and thought my STS, but no, just a school bus. DRAT.

Last edited:
Hey Maniacs!!!

I am not gonna be able to keep up with all ya'll's chatting. :p Having some neck/shoulder issues myself, but not as bad as what Deb seems to be going thru. I started to do my Toasty Rotation and realized I could just set myself back another few months as my muscles are knotted as well. I just seen the chiropractor so I do feel alittle better. Gonna have to keep my eating VERY clean and think I will go another 3 days and see how I am feeling and then try to jump back into the workouts carefully. The reason I am doing the Toasty Rotation is I have really let my eating getting..."a bit buck wild" :eek: so I gotta get my game face back on and behave some.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.