Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/1

Today was Full Body and I had an ok workout. High reps so it was hard to figure out what weights to use. I actually sort of feel like I didn't even workout. But that's ok, I know that's how this rotation is suppose to be.

2 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set.

Incline Tricep Kickbacks - 10's/18 reps; 8's/18 reps
***First set was on a high incline. This weight was uncomfortable for my shoulder blades so I went on a lower incline and used 8's. That was perfect.

Hamstring Curls - 35#
***First set was brutal. Hamstrings still feel weird with some exercises. It was better on the 2nd set.

Hammer Curls - 15's
***Great burn with this one. Good weight.

Lateral Raise - 5's/18 reps; 6's/18 reps
***Probably could have used 8's here. Didn't even get a burn going.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 15's/18 reps; 20's/18 reps
***Should have used 25's for both sets.

Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 20's
***Good weight here, got an excellent burn towards the last 5 reps.

Then I did Ab work and did the Oxygen Triset that I love so much.

3 sets - 1st set was 15 reps each exercise with 1 minute rest; 2nd set was 12 reps each exercise with 1 minute rest; 3rd set was 10 reps each exercise with 1 minutes rest:

Hanging Knee Raise
Bench V-Ups
Reverse Bench Cruch

This always gets me good. I love it!

Gm Ladies-
Well yesterday was a complete wash, but things are looking brighter this week. I am giving up sweets for this month and through Lent. Today will be weights and steady state. On a side note, I watched a freaky movie yesterday and I am still worked up today. I don't know why I got SO freaked out b/c I've seen it before. I think I may have had too much caffeine yesterday :p

Debbie-nice workout as usual. That ab work looks tough :D Do you have another interview today, if so good luck. Also, where did you get your t-bar attachment?

Theresa

Theresa - I was going to answer you about the T-bar attachment today! LOL! I did see your question the other day, just haven't had time to answer. This is what I ordered:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/9135rh.html

I have a cap barbell, not an olympic sized one.

Yes, I have another interview today. It's for the same company but an Assisted Living place in a different city. It's for a purchasing agent. I'll let you all know how that one goes tomorrow. The lady I talked to is really nice, we hit it off very well on the phone. So we'll see.

What movie did you watch that freaked you out?

Debbie-Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to seem psycho, but I was not sure it you saw the question :D Well best of luck today.

I watched Fallen-it's an older movie with Denzel Washington. He's a cop that is chasing a demon that can go between people just through touch. I don't know why it freaked me out so bad, but it did. I'm really jumpy today and my chest is achy. It's romantic comedies only from this point forward :D

Theresa

Debbie-Thanks for the info. I didn't mean to seem psycho, but I was not sure it you saw the question :D Well best of luck today.

I watched Fallen-it's an older movie with Denzel Washington. He's a cop that is chasing a demon that can go between people just through touch. I don't know why it freaked me out so bad, but it did. I'm really jumpy today and my chest is achy. It's romantic comedies only from this point forward :D

Theresa

Oh yea, I seen that movie. I liked it, it was good. Movies don't bother me much anymore. There have only been a few movies in my life that either scared me or freaked me out. But that was when I was younger. Now I can watch just about anything and it doesn't bother me. The only movies I refuse to watch, though, are the Saw series. :eek:

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Karen Voight's Streamline Fitness followed by YRG - Fat Burner. Workout was 1 hour & 30 minutes and I burned 560 calories. I also did Ravi & Ana's Yoga Bliss Hips 30". I think I overdid something, as my shoulders are burning. Will have to ice them later.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - when is your second interview?

Is anyone here on FaceBook? I just joined. I don't know anyone's last name to look for you. If you'd like to be my friend, please let me know.

Lora - I am not on facebook. In truth the place scares me!

Debbie
- Good Luck on the interview. I am with you on not see the saw series!

Theresa
- Sorry you are feeling kinda out of sorts. Talking about romantic comedies I just bought 50 First Dates, I love that movie!

Well, today started my final week of P90X (if you don't included the recovery week next week). I did Chest Shoulders & Triceps. Chest work I did on my knees and I went light on shoulder work, although my shoulder is feeling pretty good after the massage. But wanted to be safe and not push to hard yet. Tricep work was okay, but I think I may have broken my left hand yesterday, so it's very difficult to lift weight when you really can't truly grip the dumbbell. :confused::confused::confused:

BTW, going the doctor this afternoon to have it checked.:D

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. Well, my work schedule continues to wreak havoc on my workout time, but it's just two more weeks. I think the workload will only be slightly less, but the scheduling is better. Right now I have to commute at a bad traffic time, and that will change. I also work a lot in the evening, which is when I prefer to work out, and I really have a hard time making myself workout earlier.

Last week I only got three workouts in. I went to yoga class only once. I wanted to go twice, but had to give that up to get stuff done. I did MTV's Power Yoga at home one day, though. And I'm actually still sore in my booty from my workout two days ago. I did "knockout" 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4 again from Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout, then I put in Gym Style Legs and did the squats, lunges, dips, one set of dead lifts, calves, shins, and then the inner thigh lifts and outer thigh extensions with the band. I will try to work out today before work...I hope.

I haven't been on and reading as much, so I didn't hear about your hand, Linda...I hope it heals soon. Pretty much any break would just be the most inconvenient thing as an adult. There's so much we have to do, not like kids who might just have to lay off the playing for a bit.

talk to you all later, hopefully with a completed workout to report...although it might be a short one, lol.

Linda-sorry to hear about your hand, how did you hurt it (if you don't mind me asking)? Hope all goes well at the docotor. Are you going to ask about your shoulder since you are already there? I do that and wind up bombarding my doc w/ all the things that are going wrong since I hate going to the doctor :p

Hermia-nice to see you. I'm sure you are doing the best you can w/ the time you are given. and something is always better than nothing. Hope your schedule cooperates soon :)

Lora - I haven't heard about a 2nd interview yet. The one I'm going to today is for a totally different job.

Linda - How did you break your hand??? OMG!!! You are a true maniac working out with a broken hand. You nut case! :eek: LOL! And I wonder why there is a recovery week for the P90X? That's kind of strange.

Hermia - Sorry your schedule is so messed up. I hate when things interfere with our workouts. But you are doing a nice job getting it done! You go girl!

Don't know for sure it's broken yet, but it's all puffy and discolored at the base of my middle finger. It snowed here on Saturday, and yesterday when I was going into my shed I did not realize that the melting snow had formed a sheet of ice on the ramp into shed. I didn't fall but in the process of sliding and trying to keep my balance, I managed to smash my hand into the front door. Don't know where I hit the door and whether or not I hit the handle but it hurt like mad.

Debbie - I am determined to finish P90x even if it kills me! LOL!

Hermia - Hope your schedule settles down soon!

Theresa
- Haven't decided if I will mention my shoulder yet.

I finished my workout. I started with power ninty X Total Body + 48 minutes and burned 302 calories, then I wanted a little more lower so did the bonus lower moves from Butts and Guts(sit and stand, leg press, glute squeezes) 6 minutes 56 calories. Then I did Insanity Pure Cardio 38 minutes and 360 calories. This is what I expected. Once it got into the actual workout there were no breaks. I finished off with Tracey's Yoga Solutions Post total body segment 23 minutes and burned 100 calories( I always forget the segments with all of balancing my legs were tired)
p90x+Total Body
o crunch push ups- 20 reps
pull up crunch- 8 reps
deadlift curl press- 11 reps 20# dumbbells
step kickback chair position-(a lunge back tricep kickbacks chair) 22 reps 20# dumbbells
sumo chair-(this is a chair position jump out to sumo and back in) 22 reps
chuck ups-push ups doing 3 different positions with leg movement 10 reps each position
clink on run-pull up with 3 bicycle type runs then repeat 7 reps
lunge press bella twist- 16 reps 8L&8R 20# dumbbell
balance curls- (stand on 1 leg bicep curls)16 reps 15 #dumbbells
running man- lunge position tricep kickbacks 32 reps 20# dumbbells
hindu pike pushups-11 reps
lunge squat lunge-32 reps 25#dumbbells
mr moon-20 reps
kid play- 20 reps
3&3- 3squat3 pushup 3pull up repeat)25# dumbbells 15 times
1/2 dervish-10 reps left, 10 reps right 8# dumbbells
weighted warrior- 24 reps, 5# dumbbells
1&1-pull up and push up 2 minutes 20 reps
lara lunge crunch- 24 reps 12 L& 12 R 12# dumbbell
spiderman jumps-18 reps
plyo push ups-16 reps

Linda, that slip sounds bad. I went out to go to the trash not realizing it was a sheet of ice. I just kept on going sliding but managed to maintain my balance and hold onto the trash. After that I was trudging carefully till I got back inside. Did you jam the finger? I have done that and it is pretty painful. Turned purple and swelled but went back to looking normal the next day. I hope you didn't break it. I like 50 First Dates. We bought it and even though we own it everytime it comes on television DH watches it.

Debbie, nice workout even if it did feel easy. Good luck with the other job interview. I bet one of them works out.

Theresa, I know which movie you are talking about. I really do not like those type of movies but sometimes watch them with dh. Love romantic comedies.

Hermia, hopefully things settle down for you soon.

Lora, did you overdo something doing yoga?

Linda - it sounds like it might be fractured. Can you bend it? I've had lots of them before! :) They are no fun. Sorry you did that.

Diane Sue - not sure what I did. Probably too many pushups or yoga? Icing now. I'm besides myself with these injuries of mine. It's been a year since my fall down the stairs and my bruised rib...but it's still causing problems, as is my low back and neck from the car accident. Frustrating. By the way - you are a true maniac. That's SOME workout today! My DH's fave Insanity is Pure Cardio. He just started a 60-day rotation.

Hermia - nice to see you.

Hi to everyone else. So nobody here is on Facebook?

I know we had this discussion recently, but I need to know what the best protein powder to buy is. Low calories, low sugar, good quality, non-bloating, etc.

Speaking of movies - I saw The Edge of Darkness yesterday. Pretty good flick.

Last edited:
Lora, I am using the Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate. It is low carb and mixes easily. A scoop is 114 calories, 1.5 gm fat, 2 gm carbs, 24 gm pro, 15 mg cholestral, 50 mg sodium. It has an enzyme in it that helps with digesting it for people that have lactose intolerance which is 40 mg Zytrix, Protease, lactase, Lipase. It has 4 gms glutamine and glutamine peptides, 5+ grms BCAA's in addition to the whey protein. There is no sucrose, fat, fillers, maltodextrin, or aspartame added. I just bought my third container which 5lbs of Pina Colada. I also have vanilla. Taste is good too:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.