Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/8

This morning was GS Chest and Back. Had an excellent workout and I loved this combo. I love this series but sometimes I think Cathe's counts are just way too slow.

CHEST
72 Drop Set Pushups
***These were done putting toes on HS using 2 risers and the topper. Got a great burn.

Dumbbell Press:
35's - 3 sets of 12 reps
***2/2 count.

Dumbbell Flyes:
25's - 3 sets of 12 reps
***2/2 count.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
30's - 2 sets of 12 reps
***2/2 count.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
25's - 2 sets of 12 reps
***2/2 count.

Chest was burning BIG TIME!!!

BACK
Reverse Grip Dumbbell Rows:
30's - 2 sets/8 reps
25's - 1 set/12 reps
***Again, 2/2 count. These burned big time in the upper back.

One Arm Rows:
25# - 2 sets/12 reps
***2/2 count.

T-Back Squeeze w/Band:
Purple band
***These actually hurt. I can't believe the burn you get using the band.

Dumbbell Pullover:
35# - 2 sets/8 reps
***4/4 count. I used a dumbbell. The barbell hurts my elbows for some odd reason

Low Back Extension on bench

Low Back Rotation Tilts

That is all....

Last edited:
All these core moves is putting a lot of stress on my wrists and my carpal tunnel is getting brutal at night. I am really starting to consider having the surgery. Just hate the thought of not being able to work out.

Superset A
DB Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 25's ***I like going lighter on these, so I can go deeper, fries my glutes:p***
Spiderman Pushups
10/10/10 per side

Superset B
Inverted Rows
12/12/12
1 Leg Deadlifts
12/12/12 - 15's ***after this & BSS my glutes are really toast***

Superset C
SB Roll Outs
10/10/10
SB Mountain Climbers
10/10/10 per side
Straight Arm Side Plank
20 sec. hold x 3 ***By the end of the second round my wrists were screaming:(****

Then interval cardio at a 30/90 ratio using power ups from Amy's ASC 1.

Debbie
- Those are some great workouts! I order a Nike Imara the other day. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Suz
- I really like the picture of Gizmo. I think you should go with that one. That's how most people feel during the holidays! LOL!

Good morning!

Nice workouts ladies!

Linda - that sucks about your carpal tunnel. Pushups hurt my right wrist. I've been thinking about getting those pushup bars or whatever they're called. I can't even imagine the pain you feel! You know, we chose Amber for the Christmas cards and after we ordered them and paid for them I wished we had chosen Gizmo! I was just worried that you couldn't see him that well. Darn it. Oh well. DH said that with Amber you could see the tie and how Amber and Homer were both wearing antlers. :)

Today was legs. I wanted to get to work early today, so I'm going to do cardio tonight while DH is watching football.

Leg Press
8r 6r 8r
150# 170# 180#
Felt strong at the end so went for 8 reps.

Calf Press
8r 6r 8r
150# 170# 180#

Leg Extensions
8r 6r 8r
100# 105# 110#
Felt strong so did 8 reps.

Ab Situps – on bench from lying down position
50/50

Bulgarian Split Squats
10r 10r 12r
40# 50# 60#
Again, felt strong so did 12 reps at the end.

Romanian Deadlifts
10r 8r 6r 6r
65# 70# 75# 85#

Lying Leg Curls
10r 10r 15r 15r
32.5# 32.5# 35# 40#
Went up in weight this week AND felt strong so went up in reps. I guess I need to increase weight next week.

Squats
105# 2 sets 15r 1 set 11 reps regular last 9 reps plie

Abs – Bench Reverse Crunches – Legs Straight – only did 20.

We are going to have to go to Washington on Saturday to take care of my dad. He's not taking care of himself. He won't eat. If he doesn't want to eat or take care of himself that's his business but since I'm the executor of his estate we need to get some financial business in order. We will try to get him to move out here. Not sure we can get him healthy enough to do that. He's lonely but won't do anything about it. I'm sure he's depressed. I have to take an extra week of vacation to go out there, but I guess that's what you have to do, right? Good thing I've saved a bunch. :) I'll be off until the first of the year. No clue how long we'll be there. I'll take my Tony One on One Warrior workout (I have this cool set of bands that is various strengths and that workout is good), my dad has a treadmill so I'll load a few Cardio Coaches on my MP3, I'll take P90X so I can do Ab Ripper and Plyometrics X and then there is a gym there called Sequim Gym (Sequim rhymes with Gym - that's how it's pronounced - it's the city he lives in). So I'll go there to work legs and maybe get on the elliptical if my foot is still messed up from running. But I'm hoping that I can do the treadmill or run outside. It's so pretty there and the views of the ocean from where he lives are amazing. We're going to drive out since we don't know how long we'll have to be there. Ugh!

Suz - save the picture of Gizmo and use next year. That way you are ahead of the game.;) Sorry about your Dad, I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you can work out the situation.

I started my workout with the treadmill and went 4 miles burning 471 calories. Then I did AOS Providence 573 calories. I did jogging in place and speed skaters between rounds instead of rest. I finished with 10 minute solution Bootcamp stretch segment. Total calories burned was 1111 and 35% fat. HR was up as high as 166 average. I spent 41 minutes in the hr zone of 136-150.
Joint mobility warm up 5 minutes Rounds are 2 minutes
round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
20# kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handsing, left arm swing then right 30 each, alternating arm swing 30 seconds
round 2: cleans 20# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then altenate
round 3: chest press 15# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/25# squat, sumo deadlift,squat, sumo deadlift (you switch hands with the kettlebell on each squat set
round5: 1 leg deadlift 25# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
round 6: windmill into overhead squat 15# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
round 7: clean and press 15# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell I did the high pull version
round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge
round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, biceps only, tri and bi combo
round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
round 12 seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
round 13: one arm row 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch
round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 25# kettlebell 2 minutes
round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 15# kettlebell snatching right and left he speeds up the pace after first minute.
I then repeated rounds 11-14 before I did round 15 bonus. I lowered to 15# kettlebell on round 12 seated press

I have to get going to the bank and running errands. This is my only day this week that I have clear to do stuff without children or something going on.

Nice workouts so far everyone!

Linda - My right wrist hurts a lot lately. When I was doing pushups I almost grabbed my 5# dumbbells to use. Doing that does relieve the stress on my wrists.

Debbie - I did the spiderman pushups on DB's and did the last set of side planks on a DB. I had to do kneeling close grip pushups in the warmup and I could tell right then that I was gonna have trouble with my wrists.

Linda - That's a great idea about the Christmas card and Gizmo for next year! We'll probably forget so you'll have to remind me. :)

Gosh, we're gonna have to start calling our check-in Hardcore Maniac Injured Hotties Check-in! Seems like we've all got shoulder issues and now the wrists. But Linda, it sounds like your wrist is really bad. Let's hope the rest of us don't follow suit!

Diane Sue - NICE workout! I posted on the BB site about kettlebells and shoulder issues and those who responded said probably not a good idea for me. Maybe later when I'm all better. :) I'll just have to live vicariously through you for now.

Where's Charlotte today? She's usually here by now.

Hey Maniacs! Today I did Dove's Bodies volume #4. Had a super workout and now I think I'll hit the hot tub. It's cold here...snow flurries. Been very busy with work so I haven't had much time to read or post, might be like this until Christmas. Then I'll take a break from work until after the new year.:cool:

Talk more tomorrow.

Hey Guys - this is a busy month and I am staying off the computer more! Guess that could be a good thing...it is sort of my time to relax though. Today was GS chest and back. Yesterday was bi's and tri's from 4DS - took a rest day Saturday b/c my brother came over.

Suz - Dallys commented on my post on OD, but did you see what I wrote about the Harlot's?? AWESOME!!! I love them. On another note, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope that all works out in the end - meanwhile, thoughts, prayers and hugs!:)

Debbie....?

hey debbie,
i have been sick for the past week so i just started the Dec. rotation today. I have a quick question...I really need to work my hamstrings would it be ok to do hamstring work on one of the Cardio only days? so I would do say 30 minutes cardio and then 30 minutes of hamstring work....or is that to much leg work?
thanks
elena

It has been a very busy day for me. Lots of errands to run. DH sent me a huge poinsetta with a big Christmas bow and gold flecks over it. The florist delivered it during one of my drop back at the house moments:D I had ground turkey chili post workout. Didn't take time for a preworkout meal as I wanted to get it overwith because I slept later than usual. Came back and cleaned up more leave:rolleyes: I have 8 more industrial size bags out for the trash tomorrow and tons more today. It has been terribly windy here. I carted out branches too. I feel beat now. Just sitting down to a recipe with shrimp and quinoa I made out of the new clean eating magazine. Didn't use as much olive oil or eat as much quinoa for a serving as they have though. This is really good.

Suz, I wondered what they would say about your shoulder. You do use a lot of quick motion on those swings and snatches. So far I am ok with it but I keep the weight at 15# for the snatches. Sorry about your Dad. Hopefully he will start eating. The treadmill would be less impact on your feet. Sounds like you have a good plan for getting your workouts in.

Linda, I don't recall the recovery from the carpal tunnel surgury being that long. It has been a long time but I think I started in a couple of days doin cardio and things that didn't require my hands to much like abs. Although I found out on my return check that I wasn't even supposed to lift something like a carton of milk:eek: I did daycare and people came in and handed me their children. I mostly handled them with my forearms though and not my wrists and hands.

Dallys, I bet a lot of people want their pets groomed before guests come and Christmas. I guess that is good for you:)

Shana - I'm glad you like the Harlots. I might have to look into them!

Dallys - Sorry you're so busy. Gotta make those doggies look pretty for Christmas. Great job on the workout though. It's flurrying here too. And SUPER windy! Big surprise there! :p

Diane Sue - Yeah, I was bummed about the answers I got about the kettlebells. :(

Off to bed. It's LATE. I spent the entire friggin' evening on the phone discussing my dad AGAIN with the folks in Sequim - and also talking with my dad. And guess what didn't happen? MY CARDIO!!!!!! As I keep saying, this is why I don't save it. I should have done it this morning. Darn it, darn it, darn it! But I do have DOMS in my glutes. Yay!

Suz, I hope things will start working out better with your dad.

Today I've been rather lazy, did a lot of fun reading as opposed to work reading. My workout today was Tracey Staehle's Hight Intensity Step Mix 2 through the fourth interval and then Pure Tranquility.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.