Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/22

Today was Gym Style Chest & Tri's Superset premix. I did it twice through. Excellent workout and I like this premix alot.

CHEST & TRI's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 35's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Same weight with second time through.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Used 22's for second time through.
Dumbbell Bench Press: 35's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 15's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.
***Used 22# for second time through.
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 15's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.
***Used 22# for second time through.

20 Drop Set Pushups
***Simple, actually too simple.
Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps
Cross-Body Tricep Extensions: 12# - 1 set/12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Same weight with second time through. Too easy.
Kickbacks: 12# - 1 set/10 reps 2/2 ct.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 30's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
Incline Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Used 22's with second time through.
Tricep Dips: 24 reps
Kickbacks w/Band: Purple Band

That is all...

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Last night after our trip back from Maryland, I decided on doing 500 walking lunges with 35# db's. I did in sets of 50 this time which kept the heart rate up with 1 min rest inbetween the 50 sets. I decided on the lunges because I really want some good DOMS in the glutes and quads plus the high heart rate acts like a cardio workout so I get a good weight/cardio workout this way. I also did 4DS ab work plus BM2 ab work.

Today I will be doing GS Chest/Triceps along with Debbie.

Debbie,

Nice job! This one is probably one of your favorites cuz I know you like to work chest more.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Last night after our trip back from Maryland, I decided on doing 500 walking lunges with 35# db's. I did in sets of 50 this time which kept the heart rate up with 1 min rest inbetween the 50 sets. I decided on the lunges because I really want some good DOMS in the glutes and quads plus the high heart rate acts like a cardio workout so I get a good weight/cardio workout this way. I also did 4DS ab work plus BM2 ab work.

Today I will be doing GS Chest/Triceps along with Debbie.

Debbie,

Nice job! This one is probably one of your favorites cuz I know you like to work chest more.

Nice going with the walking lunges. Those hurt my knees for some reason. I bet you got your HR up there with those. Nice job!

Yes, I really liked this premix. I love working chest and triceps together so this was perfect. I ran out of time and didn't do abs again. :mad:

Hopping in

Wanted to Say
HELLO from out here.
Been buisy and there are not enough hours in a day..
Merry Christmas to all..
Thinking of you all.
Take care,
Anne

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did 30 day Shred workout #1 and then practiced some kettlebell moves. I'm thinking that 18#er is aweful heavy with the turkish getups. My form needs major work.:eek: I'm dog sitting my daughters dog for a week and she does not want to go to the bathroom...Do you all know how hard it is to get a hairless dog to go outside in the snow? Well, it's hard, REAL HARD! Needless to say, my workouts will be short for a couple of days as I'll be walking around trying to get this dog to poop so I don't have to watch her every second. She's a cutie though, even though she's taking up all my workout time.:D

Anne! So glad to see you here! I was thinking about you and wondering where the H*ll you been :p. Stick around and start back up with your crazy posting.:cool: How's the new salon going?

Debbie-Toasty- Great job on the workouts girls!

DS- I can see why you are sore from the kettlebells. They are a whole different ball game on the muscles. I think I might need a lighter KB for some of this :eek:.

Ok, I'm going back out with this lil' doggie one more time, I'm hoping for success this time. Just one tiny poop, that's all I ask.:rolleyes:

Anne,

I am surprised you can still remember your password to get on here!!!:D:eek::p So good to hear from you! Still trying to take on the universe?????:eek:;):D

Bionics,

Yes, I understand about the dog situation. Our dogs are not hairless and they refuse to go outside in the rain. I have to stand out in the cold rain with them to go and THEY STILL won't go. I then put them in their kennels at night and wish them WET DREAMS! lol. They aggravate me so. Then my cat does want to go out in the cold only to realize that she really doesn't...:eek::mad: I think most cats must be Libra's. hehe So indecisive!!!

Gonna send out your package today.

Good Morning, :D

Dallys and Diane
I am considering ordering Chalean Extreme Circuit Training system workouts, I believe these our her newest ones, right $119.00. Have you guys tried it yet and what do you think about them.

Here is my workout from yesteday. Didn't do it until late in the afternoon and didn't have time to post.

Reverse Grip Dumbbell Rows: 30's - 2 sets/8 reps; 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
***Second time I used 25's and 20's.
Barbell Curls: 40# - 2 sets/10 reps w/4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 30#.
One Arm Rows: 30# - 2 sets/12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 25#/20# for second set
Dumbbell Bicep Partial Reps: 15's - 2/2 ct. 8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half 2x's.
***Second time I used 15# 1set/12# second set
Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 ct/s down; 4 reps static holds.
***Second time I used 15#/12# for bonus
Concentration Curls: 20# - 8 reps 3 cts up/1 down.
***Second set I used 20#/6 reps
T-Back Squeeze w/Band: Yellow
***Same w/second time.
Dumbbell Pullover: 30# - 2 sets/8 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 25#.
Curl Up/Reverse Down: 15's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 12#
Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 cnts up, 1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 15#/12# for bonus
Wrist Curls: 8's - 2 sets/16 reps.
***Used the same for second time.

Low Back Extensions on Step
Only did second round
Low BAck Rotation Tilts.
Only did second round

After first time through added wide grip pull-ups (assisted) 3/3/3, second time regular grip pull-ups (assisted) 3/3/3

Ab Hits...Step Heat and Leg Raises 15/10/10

Dally's...that's funny about the dog..well, probabaly not for you!
Char..500 lunges! Way to work it!
Debbie...nice workout, as always! You have definetly inspired me to lift heavier and work at my full potential! Can't wait to see what January's rotation will be! :D

I'm curious along with Teddygirl with whomever purchased Chalene Extreme...let me know how you like it. That may be my next purchase after doing STS. I like Chalene's energy!

Only work 1/2 a day tomororw then I am on vacation until January 5th. YEAH! And my DS comes home from Oregon today! He leaves Christmas day to San Diego as Oregon is playing in the Holiday Bowl!

Sonya - I posted this on the other thread as well but wanted to say that you did an excellent job on this back and biceps premix. And adding in pullups!? Awesome job!!! You go girl! :eek:

Hey everyone!

I can't believe how lazy I am since I'm on vacation. Sheeesh! I never got my shoulder/tricep work done the other day (was feeling a little under the weather) so today it will be legs/shoulders/triceps AND Cardio Coach! DH wants to lift so I will have to do my cardio first. We'll see how that goes. I'll be tired I'm sure. He ususally works out at the PD, but since we're both on vacation he hasn't been working out there.

Debbie - Nice workout as always.

Charlotte - Way to go on those walking lunges!

Storm - So good to see you! Hope you are enjoying the new salon!

Dallys - Bummer about the hairless poopless doggie. Hopefully she'll get more comfortable soon. On our roadtrip to my dad's we couldn't get Gizmo to pee for about the first half of the tirp - and it was a 24 hour trip out! He was just all freaked out. He never did poop.

Sonya - You are really lifting some heavy weights. What a great feeling that must be! You're going to have to update your avatar soon! :)

Suz,

Do you and your hubby workout together? Bobby likes to workout with me. When I tell him I am done and leave while he is still on elliptical, etc., he will ask me not to leave. I think he likes watching me workout. :D:p Although I really prefer to workout on my own because I can concentrate better. I hope it all works for you though. I have decided though that when my husband is home that I will use that as a rest day cuz he has so many plans and I usually get frustrated cuz I don't know what the plans are and what ever plans I have gets destroyed. :rolleyes::mad::(:p:eek:

Debbie and Suz....Thanks! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have to tell ya though, if it wasn't for the inspiration and encouragement that all you Hardcore Maniacs give I probably would be doing my same ole thing! I knew I wasn't working to my potential and could lift heavier but just didn't push myself. I don't have any girlfriends that workout so you maniacs are my workout buddies! I just decided since doing Debbie's rotation that I was gonna go all out. I can tell that I am already getting stronger. I have set a personal goal for myself of losing BF and gaining muscle before my 42nd b-day which is March 10. I ordered STS but am gonna stick with Debbie's rotation and join her again in January...STS can wait! (Debbie....if you want to continue and do one in February count me in!!!!!) I have been taking pics so I can see my progress as I go along....maybe I'll make a "progress" album.

So to all my Hardcore Maniac buddies.....THANK YOU for inspiring me to reach my full potential! You gals ROCK!

This morning I went 5 miles on the treadmill and burned 516 calories
Slow Mo went like this:
wobble hack squat 3x8reps 15 lb dumbbells ( I lowered the weight because knee is bothering me some.
1 arm pullover 3x8reps 10# dumbbell right side then left
cradle side lunge 2x8reps each side 46# barbell (1# higher than last week)
seated row 3x8 reps using blue heavy band with the barbell
single leg rock up squat w/ stability ball 3x8 reps 15# dumbbell right then left side ( I lowered weight here because of the balancing and my knee)
reverse delt fly external rotation 3x8reps 10# dumbbells( I stayed with 10's this time. Last time I lowered to 8 because I had shoulder issues)
around the world 3x8reps 8# dumbbells
biceps contraction concentration curl 1x8 46# barbell 2x8 41# barbell (up a little)
decline triceps dips 3x8reps no weight
core work - standing circles 10# dumbbell
clam shell crunch 10#
ab relay 10#
barbell rollouts 2 sets x 8 reps 50#
run around no weight
seated sit and tuck no weight
prone plank jump in no weight
Stretch and added on some foam roller
Total calories burned was 1003

Sonya, nice workout. I am sure you will reach your goal.

Dallys, it is hard to explain to someone how different the kettlebells work you than dumbbells. You use core a lot. I use 15# for Turkish get ups and I go really slow. It is a very difficult move. I know I bought two 20's and after looking at some of the other workouts and moves I decided I needed tow 15's to start with double kettlebells. I have been sticking with 15# for the snatches. I hope you get the dog to poop. My dane hates the cold. I have to shove her booty out the door and close the blinds so she can't stand by the door and peek in. She will sit there and whine. Once we took her camping in our trailer and she went for over 24 hours without going poo. I would have thought she would be miserable. I spent so much time walking that dog around:rolleyes: At least the doggie isn't one of those that gets nervous and has loose stools if you know what I mean:p

Teddy, I didn't get Chalene extreme. I have heard some things that made me want to wait and hear reviews. Also I have probably spent enough for now. LOL I also just heard that a lot of people have recieved scratched dvds. I heard that they were geared for even beginners so I was not sure about how tough they will be. I like Chalene and her other workouts so will probably end up wanting them eventually because I am sure the intensity can be boosted with heavier weights. Let me know how you like them. I thought Dallys said she ordered them too??

Charlotte, I always have a time pushing myself to do my normal workouts when dh is off. I feel like I should be spending more time with him.

Suz, well, it is a vacation:p Enjoy your workout. You can do it. Maybe you just need to shorten the cardio some and then you won't be so tired.

Diane Sue - Great workout! Where do you come up with all this stuff? Remember when I said that I couldn't do upright rows at all when my shoulder was at its worst? The pain was too much. So I was surprised that the article in M&F Hers recommended it for helping with rotator cuff injuries. I bought that issue too. Well, I was just reading on the forums over on Figure Athlete and Jen Heath said this to someone: The upright rows can irritate the rotator cuff, so I'd prefer one do them with a cable or dumbells, use a wider grip, and don't come up all the way to the chin. Interesting, huh?

Charlotte - No, we don't usually workout together. I prefer not to. I like my time alone. I wanted to do my weight workout first and then cardio but then he wanted to do weights so I was going to have to do cardio first. But now he's going to pick up his cop car so I'm going to go get started on my weight workout before he gets home! That's sweet that your DH likes to watch you workout. I'm sure he's impressed! I know what you mean though...he always tries to get me to go somewhere too so I really should get my workouts in early!

Sonya - I know what you mean. Being accountable and posting weights really helps me want to lift heavier. I think if I had more of the Cathe workouts I might be tempted to do Debbie's next rotation. But I don't have very many Cathe workouts.

We just booked our Mexico trip for February 25th so now I have a new goal!!!

Sonya - NICE ARM!!!! I love your new avatar! Those are some incredible muscles you have there! I'm envious! I better get to lifting some heavier weights. Or eating more or something. Crapola woman! Your hard work is really paying off. You had nice muscles to start with but that's impressive stuff!

Hey again! It has been snowing like crazy here today! Dh came home and got the snow blower out and did all the walks and driveway. I was so happy about that as I didn't have time to do it and I didn't want any customers to get stuck in my driveway. Dh almost got his huge work truck stuck after he was done though:confused:. Of course you all know this means no poop out of the little dog so far, rofl! She absolutely hates getting her feet wet. I've got the stairs blocked off because the basement is where she leaves her little presents for me. I'm watching her like a hawk. She is house trained at dd house, but not so much mine. I'll have her trained by the time dd gets home on Saturday...I will dam*t!

Sonya- Excellent new avatar picture! You definitely need a progress album because we can sure see it! You look great! When does Oregon play and what # do we look for?:D

Char- thanks and I'll let you know when i get it.:cool: I bet your little dogs are as whimpy as my daughters. I thought Carma was whimpy with cold, but this Ellie wins paws down. I just give Carma the "look" and she knows I mean business and goes and does her thing. Ellie looks up at me like I'm torturing her..while she shakes and quivers, I swear, I even saw a tear.

Diane Sue-
Yep, these kettlebell moves feel a lot different and just a simple move really gets your heart rate up and the weight of the kb just feels heavier than a dumbell.

Teddy-Sonya- I ordered Chalene Extreme and should get it any day now. I like the descriptions of the workouts and feel I can add on some kettlebell stuff along with extra stretching, cardio, leg work, etc. if I feel I need too. Hopefully, this will shock my body as I've been lifting very light with tons of reps for quite awhile now and my body is getting to used to it. I'm going to start the rotation in January.

Suz-
Dogs are wierd how they get all nervous on a trip or anything out of their normal routine. They are just so smart and have all these feelings and emotions and digestive issues... Gosh, they are just like us!.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.