Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/17

I just got done with my workout but don't have time to show details. I'll be back later and let you all know what I did. I was bummed because I ran out of time and had to cut out one round with the 2nd time around. :( Still had an excellet workout, though.

Be back later...

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Did cardio yesterday.

Burned 350 cals
4.3 miles
40 mins
lower speeds

Doing 20-25 mins of ab work today and back/biceps from Deb's rotation.

Hope ya'll have a good day. I am not gonna be on much again today. Just gotta lot to do.

Morning Guys,:)

I have nothing to report, as far as a workout goes. Did you guys check out Cathe’s Plyo Leg workout? Nice! She really out done her self with these, man oh man, I can’t wait! :rolleyes: Today, is my son David birthday, he’s 28, Dang! :confused: I couldn’t believe it when he said that he turning 28 on yesterday, I told him to show me his driver license! lol:D

Diane: Yep! we really had big fun, I mean big fun, I can't remember laughing so much:) I thought I was going to get my TV set up last night, nope, didn’t happen, its been sitting in the box in my w/o room for 3 weeks now, trying to decide if I want to mount it on my wall and yes I do. I’m going to buy mount today. duh, that was my purpose of buying the dog gone thang:D

Hermia: Funny you should mention 21, I played that there, they were so kind and patient with me, showing me how the game is played. At one time I had around $200 or more chips in front of me, I should of stopped then, but Noooooooooooooooo. Lost it all.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my workout. Again, I was bummed I couldn't complete all of it twice through. I even started early. The first time through this took me 40 minutes and I didn't really even think I rested all that much longer then Cathe did.

Anyways, here is the workout:

4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps Premix

Round 1
Pushups: Full/Partials - 7 x's
Seated Overhead Press: 10's, 12's, 15's, 20's - 16/12/10/8 reps
***These are just a killer. PERIOD!
Tricep Pressdown w/Band: Purple
Kickbacks w/Band: Purple
***Burner! Love these.

Round 2
Pushups: 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's - 12 slow reps
***Did presses instead of flyes. Flyes bother my shoulders.
Lateral Raise: 10's for first 2 sets; 12's for last set
Slow Dips: Hate these
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 20#, 25#, 30#, 35# - 12/10/8/6 reps
***These are easy for me.

Round 3
Decline Pushups: 12 reps
***Love these.
Alternate Overhead Press: 15's - 3 sets of 4 reps each side
***When you hold perfect form with this exercise, it is a killer!
Upright Rows: 20's - 12 reps
Stability Ball & HS Dips
Tricep Incline Pushups on HS

Round 4
Around the Clock Pushups
***I love these as well.
Front/Rear Raises: 10's - 8 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 12's - 12 reps
External Rotation Pulls w/Band: Purple
***Wow did these burn!
Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 45# - 8 sets 2ct. down, 6 cts up
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 12's - 8 reps/3 sets w/partials
***Love these two exercises.

With my second time around I dropped the weights for Seated Overhead Press to 8's, 10's, 12's, 15's. I really just hate that exercise. Then I had to stop with Round 3 but I did the Decline Pushpus, the Alternate OH Presses and then I went to Round 4 and did the BB Lying extenstions and DB extensions.

Morning Maniacs! No time for workout this morning, darnit...spent to much time talking with dh this morning! Hope I can get one in later. I think I hurt my shoulder shoveling snow yesterday. I hope it's just a tweak. I'll be pissed if it lingers.:(

Sorry no time for talk again. Can't wait til things slow down here.

Oh, one more thing! I caved and bought Chalene Extreme, so I'll start that rotation in Jan. I think I need some heavy lifting after doing endurance stuff for so long. Never bought STS. The leg workouts look great though!

Hi everyone, some comments from yesterday's posts:

Teddygirl - Thanks about my pic! :eek:

Linda - Every time you talk about your wrists I cringe. Wow, I just cannot believe you are having such problems with them. Is it both or just one? It will take me a LONG time to grow my hair out. So I won't have any long-haired pictures for a while, at least 6 months if not longer. :(

Morning maniacs. It will be another late night with budget meetings so I took time off this morning and will get my workout in.

Debbie...I sent you PM

bbl to post stats. Have a great day everyone!

I did AOS Providence this morning and repeated all but chest press, windmill overhead squat, and the 3 minute snatch test.Weights were the same as last time. Jogged in place between sets. I burned 812 calories Then I did Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 Abs segment 1 with a 15 and 20 lb kettlebell, her stretch and finished off with Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions Post cycling premix. Total calories burned was 1004 40% fat HR high was 161. We have errands to run. Have to get dh a cell phone to replace the one that was stolen in Kosovo.
I will check back later:)

Awsome work out Debbie. Like I said, I am doing a somewhat modified version. I don't have all the DVDs you are doing and I am on a different schedule because of work and clients.

Anyway, today I did gym style legs and this is how I did - I don't have this DVD but I have a worksheet I got from somewebsite that is great and I used that. I only did the standing work.

Barbell squats - 40# 16/16/16
bonus set with slow and low ends

dumbbell lunges - front
I used 8s for this did maximum reps - 16/16/16
repeated for rear lunges 16/16/16

low plan lunges (did these instead of slow mos)
5s 10/10 - these kill me!

toes elebated dead lift
40# BB 16/16

elevated dead lift on riser
40# 16/16

Plie squats
8# dumbbells 16/16/ bonus set with low ends - 15/7/7/3

tomorrow I will do the workout Debbie posted today.

Hey guys!

I'm still in Washington. They are having the longest cold snap since 1990! They usually get snow here 2 or 3 times a year and we've had one storm since we've been here and they were expecting another last night that didn't arrive. They are expecting some more snow tonight. Sheeeesh!

I've been going to the gym every day and getting my workouts in. Haven't had time to post them but they're pretty much the same. Yesterday I doubled up b/c I knew we'd be driving so I wouldn't get everything done this week unless I did that. Since this is a retirement community there are a lot of old people at this gym. If you don't read any of my post, you must read this:

They keep the gym really cold. A lot of people who live here have moved from California for some reason - I guess because it's by the ocean. They get cold. People work out in their coats. Yesterday a woman was on the treadmill IN HER PARKA!!! During the day there are a lot of elderly people there. Right after work there are a lot of young people - like in their 20's. I found out all about the new storm coming in last night from my older friends. :)

I wanted this woman (the chunky trainer) to show me how to use the pullup machine. So she tells me the only real way to get to a full pullup is to have someone assist you. So...long story as short as possible, she tells me I really have to put my hands in the chin up position. I argue but she says it's better for my shoulder. Okay, whatever. I'm not going to win this one. THEN she FORGETS how to assist me. She screws it up the first time as I'm trying to pull myself up. So she has me lower myself back down and we start over. She screws up AGAIN and I lower myself down again and she screws up AGAIN and finally gets it right! Then she has me do 2 and I don't really feel her assistance (and they are really chin ups anyway) and she says that's probably good - she had told me earlier to save these until the end b/c they would wipe me out. She asked me if I could feel the difference. Yeeeeeuup! NOT! Of course I told her I could and thanked her. She apologized for forgetting how to assist me. At least I got some good chins in. :)

Gotta go shower and look at some retirement condos. Then it's off to the gym. Today will probably be with the younger folk since it will be later. :p

Suz - O - M - G. You don't know how mad it makes me to know trainers who don't know how to TRAIN!!! WTF???? That woman should have been fired on the spot. And a chunky trainer? I'm sorry, but there is NO excuse for that.

See there, you hit one of my hot buttons!!!! :mad:

Folks like that give trainers a bad name! So does that stupid TV show on Bravo. Always check their credentials.

What part of WA are you in, Suz? My family is in the southeast, Kennewick (part of the Tri-Cities) and they've got snow as well as temperatures well below twenty!! And that's where I'm goin in less than a week! I am used to California now; I'm not equipped to deal with WA winters! Really looking forward to seeing my fam, though.

That's so lame about that trainer. Was she chunky as in manifestly out of shape?

Out for DD Christmas concert this morning then off for a mad dash to do Christmas & grocery shopping just now getting home. Next year when DH waits to the last minute to help me decide what to get the kids, you ladies please remind me to punch him.:p

Superset A
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 35's
T-pushups
10/10/10 per side

Superset B
Chin ups w/ knee raise
6/6/6
Reaching Lunge
12/12/12 - 10's

Superset C
SB Jacknife
15/15/15
X-Body Mountain Climbers
10/10/10 per side
Side Plank w/ leg raise
10/10/10 per side

Then cardio at 60/60 ratio using Bootcamp.

Debbie - It is actually both wrists but the right is definitely worse than the left.

Ally - A X-Body is done in pushup position put instead of bringing your knee to your chest like in a regular mountain climber you bring your knee up towards the opposite arm. Just engages your obliques more.

Linda - also - have you tried wrist supports? My DH got me some when I was doing a lot of push ups and moutain climbers and they really help. They just slip over your thumb and then wrap the wrists with velcro type stuff. I wear them on both now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.