Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/16

Today I did Cardio Kicks. Long long time since I've done this workout. I enjoyed it but really didn't get my HR up there all that high. I wore my 1# hand weights. Love those arm drills at the end. This is my favorite Cathe kickbox workout.

Cardio stats:
59 minutes
40 minutes in zone
305 calories burned
(which surprised me, I didn't think I passed 250)

Hope you all have a great workout! Be back later!

Good Morning, I stayed up late after picking up dh from the airport. Had to get up early when my grandbaby arrived. DH already has her saying Papa:D Today I am taking a rest day. No energy anyway. Tomorrow I will do AOS Providence. Got errands to run and then the welcome home Christmas party. BBL

Morning Maniacs! Today's workout was Snow Shoveling! OMG! It was heavy too! Still snowing, so I'm sure I'll be back out there throughout the day. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a workout in this evening.

Diane Sue- Have fun with DH today!:)

Debbie- It's fun seeing you get out all these Cathe workouts!

Suz- Yep, you went to Washington at a good time. You're probably gonna have to snowmobile into your driveway when you get home (Not sure if you guys'll get this storm though).:p

Last edited:
Here is yesterday’s workout. Be back later to read today’s posts!

BACK/BICEPS
Round 1
Supermans (warmup)

One Arm Rows (warmup): 20's - 16 reps

One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps 2/2 cnt.

Standing Hammer Curls w/Twist: 15's - 12 reps; 20's 10 reps
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20's - 8 reps; 25's 6 reps
*Second time around I did the same

Round 2
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps
*2nd time same

Barbell Crazy 8's: 30# - 8 reps/8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half
*Second set I used 25#.
Reverse Curls: 12's - 10 reps.

Round 3
Underhand Barbell Rows: 60# - 7 reps; 8 reps
*2nd set 50#

Incline Hammer Curls w/Twist on Stability Ball: 15's - 12 reps
Hammer Curls on Stability Ball: 15's - 8 reps

Round 4
Incline Pullovers: 30# - 8 reps slow counts
* 2nd set 25 .

Seated Concentration Curls: 25# - 12 reps
*Used 25# second time, 4 reps, 20# for 5 reps

Wrist Curls: 10's - 16 reps

Round 5
Back Pulls w/Band: Yellow
superset w/
Y's w/Band: Yellow

This was a GREAT workout!

Morning Everyone! I have been working out really hard! I have been doing 90 minutes on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Today I had to work so it was shorter. Here is todays workout;

Shoulder Press

12 DB - 15/15
15 DB - 8

Lateral Raises
8 DB 12/12
5 DB 15

Rear Delt Raises
5DB 12/12
3 DB 25

Tripcep dips on power tower
8/8

Tricep kickback
8DB 12/12/12

Lying tricep extension
8DB 12/12/12

Bicep barbell curl
30# 12/12

Concentration curls
12 DB 12/12

Standing Dumbbell curls
10s 15/15

Hanging ab routine from Oxygen

Will try to get cardio in tonight.

Hi there! Don't think I have cardio kicks so thinking I might do Kick Max today. We'll see, have another late meeting tonight, so it will depend on time.

Debbie...cute pic! Love your hair! Nice to put a face w/a muscle :p
Diane Sue....I bet you have a smile on your face that just won't go away! :D
Ally...Good job! Keep working it hard! Great feeling, huh?
Dally's....shoveling snow....I think you had the hardest workout of all! :)
Suz...just know you are in my thoughts! Hope everything is fine.

My mom is at the kidney doctor today and I take her to the cardiologist on Friday. Hopefully will get some answers!

Where's Char?????

Hi Everyone:)

Debbie: You are a cutie, love your pic;)

And to everyone else, Hello:D

Saturday, we went to Detroit, fun...fun...fun....We stayed in the MGM Grand Hotel. I got back Sunday around 10pm Had too stay home yesterday I was TIRED, still am. I did not get 10 minutes of sleep while there, we stayed in the cosina I lost BIG TIME bucks, well at leasts it was big money for me. I brought $200 bucks to play with, I won lost....won lost...maybe lost closes to $500, but it was so worth it, haven't had that much fun in a longgggg time. Anywho, I'm back! Today, I got my 2lb weighted gloves and I had to re-order Butt & Guts my old B&G kept sticking argh.......

Tonight when I get home going to redo my workout room I brought a 26 inch flat screen and another DVD player for me workout room. Anywho, see you guys later

Last edited:
Did Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix. Took 60 minutes and according to my new HRM I burned 493 calories! Woo Hoo!

Diane Sue
- So happy that DH is home!!:D:D:D:D

Debbie - I want to see picture of you with your hair longer, now that you are growing it out. I can't picture you with long hair.:p

Great workouts everyone!!!!!

I am getting things together for our family party tonight. I thought that I would stop and check to see what everyone is doing. We had a computer tech come out to help get dh's Computer back into our network. Apparently it was settings that were specific for Business out of country. It has been nice to be able to go by and be able to just touch or talk to him in person.

Linda, how are your wrists and hands doing?? I can tell you from experience that I had better days but then it got to the point where it wouldn't stop hurting. I really felt that there was no choice but to go get something done besides wearing those braces. My DIL has been going to a physical therapist for quite awhile but it has not helped her. I bought a Nike hr monitor and took it back and purchased the one that I have now. I will say I think it was probably accurate. I just don't have to get my hr up that high for it to be at my high end. My calorie burns are probably not what some people get. I finally learned to accept that without getting annoyed with it. I would work myself like crazy trying to get higher because I knew others got higher hr's with the same workouts. The thing I worry about my Polar F11 with is that I have to send it in to get the batteries changed:confused:

Teddy, sounds like you had lots of fun. I bet you are going to enjoy that flat screen and dvd player:)

Sonya, I think any of Cathe's Kickbox dvds will work just fine. You don't really need Cardio Kicks. Yes, I have a smile on my face. No more silent house weekends and evenings. I always found myself going to the store just to be around people. I know, kind of weird LOL Especially when I am pretty shy by nature.

Ally, nice workout. Good to see that you are keeping up with some tough workouts:)

Debbie, I enjoy my own workouts at times, but sometimes doing dvd's is fun and they can push me through the reps.

Dallys, snow shoveling can be a workout all by itself. I hope I don't have to do that;)

Diane Sue - The wrists are awful. I find the only position I can be in and them not go numb is on my back with arms down by my sides. Problem with that is I am just not a back sleeper. I can only sleep on my back if I turn there during a deep sleep and don;t know that I have done it. I can not fall asleep on my back and if I wake up and find myself on my back I cannot get back to sleep.:confused: I have an old Polar HRM but it does not count calories, that's why I got a new one. I would have liked a new Polar, but they were just out of my price range, that's why I went with the Nike. I've read that if you have problem with the Nike reading your HR you should try using KY on the strap instead of water.:p But overall I like the Nike, it seems really easy to use. I used the interval function the other day and loved that.:D

Diane, that's great that your DH is home! I am sure you are both so happy about that! Being apart from someone you love is no fun.

Teddy, glad you had fun. I sorta learned to play 21 at BF's work Christmas party the other day...good thing it was fake money.

yesterday I did Firm Power Yoga and tonight I did Amy's Cardio Pump Step then abs from Cathe's LIC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.