Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 12/10

Today was Gym Style Biceps and I did them twice through. Brutal workout but I actually liked it. My arms are fried!

Did workout all the way through and then started over and did it again.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 50# - 2 sets/10 reps - 4/4 ct.
Second round I used 40#
***These kill with the 4/4 ct. I really hate that Cathe goes so slow sometimes.

Dumbbell Partial Reps: 12's - 8 reps half up/8 reps half down twice
Second round I used 10's
***This one always gives me a great burn.

Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 down; 4 reps w/static hold, then 3 up and 1 down.
Second round used same weight.

Concentration Curls: 20# - 8 reps 3 up/1 down
***These were pretty easy for me. I should have jumped up in weights.

Curl Up/Reverse Downs: 15's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Love this exercise.

Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 up/1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
Second round used 12's
***These always kill me.

Wrist Curls: Skipped
***Wrist does not like this exercise so I just skipped it.

ABS
LIS Ab Work

That is all.....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Super busy today and was gone all day with hubby. Missed my workout yesterday as I did not know hubby had other plans to be out all day and night!!!!!!!!:mad: Had a great time, but REALLY wanted to get in my workout. So I am behind now with rotation and will do lowmax today and ab ripper + MM abs. Still gotta get my Christmas decorations up and do all kinds of errands as well.

Did the Chest/Back workout on Monday of Debbie's rotation and had really good DOMS yesterday in both back and chest. Could not believe how much it hurt. Never had so much DOMS in both areas like that at same time. Niiiiccceee.

Debbie,

Great workout! Your arms just probably thawed out completely only to do it again. lol.

Hi Everyone!:)

I’m back on planet earth. I’ve been out of town long story had to go get my son! Any who, been trying to de-stress. I got up this morning to workout put on w/o clothes but wasn’t feeling it. So I laid back in my bed thinking and planning. I’m doing better and my oldest son is home.

I have lots to caught up on here at work and what you guys have been up too, I will ttys

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. I love this one and think it's her most intense for the short time...30 min. I then did TBS shoulder drills. Been working 3 hrs extra a day at work so I'm exhausted. I only have to do this til the 23rd and then it's 10 days off!!

Gotta run...

Good morning!

Today was biceps and Cardio Coach 8.

Chins 8/8/8/8
Still not able to pull myself up without jumping, but I can lower myself down on all sets. :mad: I feel like I'm never going to get there.

Standing Alternating Curls
10r 8r 6r 4r
12.5# 15# 17.5# 20#

Hammer Curls
10r 8r 6r 4r
15# 17.5# 20# 22.5#

Abs - Bench Reverse Crunches – Straight Legs
20/20/20

This bicep workout seems wimpy compared to Debbie's!!! I still have DOMS in my glutes from Mondays leg workout.

Debbie - Nice workout!

Charlotte - I HATE when something gets in the way of my workout like that. Totally throws me off.

Dallys - Nice job keeping up with those workouts and working so many hours! That's crazy stuff!

For todays workout I did it like this:
(I wanted to check out KettlebellWay2 Speed for a friend
icon_smile.gif
) So did the wup and round 1 which went like this;
w/up mountainclimber 1 minutes, russian twist 1min 15#, chest press 1 minutes 15#
Round 1 15# swings 1 minutes, half get up 15#, suitcse row 25# kettlebell
(I didn't think that they moved to fast on what I did, I think if you have the exercises written down and after a few times you can move through it just fine they do have an insert with all of the exercises listed on it)

Joint mobility warm up 5 minutes Rounds are 2 minutes THen I repeated the entire workout two times soing jogging in place and speed skaters between rounds during the breaks.
round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
20# kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handsing, left arm swing then right 30 each, alternating arm swing 30 seconds
round 2: cleans 20# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then altenate
round 3: chest press 15# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/25# squat, sumo deadlift,squat, sumo deadlift (you switch hands with the kettlebell on each squat set
round5: 1 leg deadlift 25# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
round 6: windmill into overhead squat 15# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
round 7: clean and press 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell I did the high pull version
round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge
round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, biceps only, tri and bi combo
round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
round 12 seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
round 13: one arm row 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch
round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 25# kettlebell 2 minutes
round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 15# kettlebell snatching right and left he speeds up the pace after first minute

I finished with Kettlebell Goddess Stretch. Total calories burned was 1040
35% fat
Heartrate got up to 165. I was in the 134-148 zone for 38 minutes

Suz,

Chin Ups are not easy. It comes in time. Keep practicing. Put a chair nearby and just put one foot on it til you can do it without assistance.

Done with all my errands and just finishing off my salad before I workout. It may take me the rest of this week to finish decorating, but my workouts are coming first. Go walk around in Wal Mart for alittle bit...huge motivation. :eek:
Sorry, if this offends anyone, but it just seems like most people don't care about their health. Gotten so bad that people are not just looking like they need to lose weight, but may lose their life..too many young people and cannot tell how old they are cuz their bodies look so old. I suppose I would rather have an old looking face then old body and live to be 120. :D Life is precious and wish more would stop and realize it.

Dang, you crazy morning people! You all have your workouts in already and I'm just sitting here with coffee; havent' done much all day except check email, print out a couple things that will be useful for my class, and put away weights from last night's workout. I won't be saving my workout for as late as I usually do, though, as I'll be driving out to visit my boyfriend this evening.

Toasty, I agree with you, and I don't think anyone would be offended unless they were really just upset about letting their health slide (I don't mean anyone on this check in, because we all work out, but people in general). Not caring for your body is far more than an aesthetic issue; it's a health issue, a happiness issue. Taking care of yourself physically spills over into other areas of your life and has so many positive benefits. I am really amazed that more people don't engage in at least regular moderate exercise. I think for some people, they lack the "just do it" factor...sorry to rip off the nike slogan there, but it applies. So many times that's what it comes down to. maybe you've been at work all day, maybe there's something else you could be doing (there's always something you *could* do), but you just have to prioritize and work out. The end. A lot of people, I guess don't want to do that. I also think more people would work out if home workouts were more mainstream. I always tell people how great working out at home is, but for pretty much everyone I've talked to, it's a totally new concept, or at least, they've never really thought you could get a good, consistent workout at home.

I agree, Char and Hermia. It is a sad society we live in. So many people who could care less about how they look or more importantly, their health. And what breaks my heart are the young children who are so overweight.

Charlotte - I hope you're right about the chins. It's so aggravating!!! It stinks that I can lower myself down for 32 reps, but I can't pull myself up for one! Maybe I need to focus more. I haven't started decorating yet. Since we thought we were going to have to go to Washington, I didn't want to. Now I'll bring up our tree (which I leave decorated - it's a skinny one and it doesn't come apart, so I just cover it - nice and easy).

I totally hear you on the unhealthy people thing. I'm seeing more and more 20somethings who are waaaaaay overweight too. They are starting younger and younger. And the people I work with - they are outgrowing their clothes! What is going on? And Oprah is now over 200 pounds! I thought people were starting to get healthier. It's like more normal now to see overweight people and less the norm to see healthy looking people. And that taxes our healthcare system. And guess who pays for it? We do. How can people just not care about their health or how they look and feel?

Diane Sue - What a great workout!!! Nice breakdown too. :)

Hermia - Enjoy your trip to your boyfriend's.

I missed the story about Oprah, it was suppose to be on our news last night but I went to bed instead. What happened to her? How did she gain all that weight back?

Just now getting home from music class and errands with DD. Can you believe I haven't really started my christmas shopping:eek: Anyway, woke up at 3 am with my right had numbe and my shoulder in agony. I want to cry and it was hell to get back to sleep. I was ready for surgery right then and there.

So to try and help my wrist I did all my floor work on Dumbbells.

Superset A
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 35's
T-Pushups
10/10/10 per side ***done on DB***

Superset B
Chin up w/ knee raise
6/6/6
One leg reaching lunge
10/10/10 - 8's

Superset C
SB Jacknifes
15/15/15 ***These are done elbows on a bench***
X-Body Mountain Climbers
10/10/10 per side ***Done on DB***
Side Plank w/ leg raise
10/10/10 per side

Then did interval cardio at a 60/60 ratio using BC cardio 1,2,3,4,6, & 7.

Oh, and on the subject of people not taking care of themselves I found out that my just 14yo (yesterday) nephew weighs 204#. I wanted to smack my sister upside her head!

Linda - GO GET SURGERY!!!!! That's awful! And I also want to smack your sister! Your poor nephew.

Debbie - My girlfriend told me about Oprah and then I get those Tom Venuto e-mails (BFFM) but I never read them except for the intro page and he was talking about her. There might have been something on MSN's homepage today too. I think they said that she's talking about it in January's O magazine. Here's a little something:
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9497038

Hi there! Taking a short break here.:) Chewing gum so's I don't crave any junk food today...seems to be working. Eating has been good the last few days, finally!

I hear you all on the overweight unhealthy people. The other day I waited in the car as DH went inside Wally World. I sat there and watched the people come and go for a good 20 min. I seriously only saw a handful of people that looked to be slim. I could not believe it! It used to be the opposite back in the day. It's all about fast food anymore. People live on it.

Ok, back to work... dreaming of being on a massage table with low lit candles and soft music......or maybe one of Toasty's meditationtapes:D

Linda, what you describe sounds like the problem my mom has. It's a repetetive stress injury from working at the post office. She's had a lot of trouble with it but so far no surgery. I'm sure that's something she'll try to avoid, but sometimes, I guess, it's the right answer. So far massage helps her out a lot, though. She found a place she likes a lot, some sort of therapy place as opposed to a spa.

yes...it's worse when it's kids overweight...kids have fast metabolisms, no jobs or bills, not as many chores, etc, so plenty of time to play and be active...it seems like you'd almost have to be *trying* to get a kid over weight. My mom never cooked much when we were kids, but we didn't get soda or too much fattening fast food crap to eat, and she'd always cut up fruits and veggies and make cute little designs on plates for us.

My dad arrives on Friday. DH talked to him today and said he doesn't sound good. He didn't sound good yesterday either. So we'll see. So no Sequim Gym for me! I must admit I was looking forward to a little gym time, BUT I was worried that I wouldn't get there as much as I would like, even though I was mostly going to use it for legs, so I'm excited that I get to continue to workout at Suz's Gym. :)

I think I should take some progress pics soon. Maybe in the next week or so.

Linda, that is awful about your wrists. I know what you are going through though. The pain is excruciating. I paced and massaged tried everything and nothing helped. I would highly recommend the surgury.
My Nephew was huge like that too:mad: He is now in college and I am sure is well over 300 lbs.and has had medical issues because of the weight since he was a child. His mother would try to say she didn't feed him unhealthy food. You should have seen the sodas and junk in their house:eek:

Yeah, ever since he hit around 150# she has been saying that she is cutting back on what he's eating and maybe he could catch up with he weight. Well, obviously with a 50# weight gain she isn't doing something right. But she has been heavy almost all of her life and they say misery loves company.

Debbie/anyone on this forum,

Was wondering, a while back you had mentioned a woman's body building magazine. Do you remember the name of it? I think I would like to get it for its rotations and suggestions of all kinds. I think it had the word muscle/bodybuilding in it? (I think).

Love your new rotation forum.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.