Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/22

Today was cardio - was suppose to be 60 minutes but I decided to do a 30 minute Cardio Coach #1 and then do a half hour of yoga. What a great decision this was. I feel awesome and my muscles are slowly getting more flexible. :eek:

Had a great time with CC #1, did well with it.

Cardio stats:
36 minutes
8 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
19 minutes above zone
320 calories burned
2 miles travelled

Happy with this! :cool:

Good morning!

I have a few minutes so I'm going to try to quickly post my workout before I jump in the shower. I have a meeting first thing when I get to work and it will be another crazy day so I know I won't have time to post. I did a post last night to you all too. No specific workout info though, just general on what I've been doing.

Debbie - nice job on the yoga!

LEGS

Leg Press
150# 8r 180# 8rx2

Calf Press
150# 8r 180# 8rx2

Leg Extensions
100# 8r 110# 8rx2

Lying Leg Curls
40# 12rx3
It's easier for me to go lighter and higher reps b/c going heavier hurts the back of my knees.

Bulgarian Split Squats
45# 8rx2 50# 8rx1

Smith Squats
135# 8rx3

TRICEPS

Tricep Pushdown - Rope
65# 8rx2 70# 8rx1

Skull Crushers - Barbell
35# 8rx2 10rx1
I didn't go up to 40# this time b/c I was kinda tired - woke up at 2am and have been up ever since. Didn't want to CRUSH MY SKULL!
Tricep Kickbacks
17.5# 8rx3

Bench Dips
3 sets of 20
I don't use weight but I'm happy to be able to do so many now. I couldn't do these forever b/c of my shoulder. I can do them with straight legs too! Oh happy day!

No cardio today. My legs are pretty spent from the Spinervals and spinning and I'm tired from being up all night so I figured I'd take a day off. Plus since I have a meeting after work it will be a long day and I'm trying to be smart.

That's all. Off to the shower. I hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

Good Morning

My plan this morning was too do MIS in its’ entirety. Well, I could not figure out for the life of me, how to switch to VHS. I tell ya, by the time I figured out how to do it 30 minutes has passed Alls I had to do was go to channel 3.

I ended up on my treadmill for a lousy 30 minute jog, I saud lousy, cause, I was not feeling it, I was just too freaking pissed.

The only good thing that came out of all this was. I tried out my Nike running shoe my Son brought me for Xmas.

Debbie: Glad Yoga is working for you, how nice!:)

Suz: Great workout :p

Last edited:
Morning Maniac friends!

I did Kelley Coffey Meyer's Cardio Kick Step Boxing (obnoxiously long name) and burned 615 calories. The rotation called for IMAX 3 and I just don't love it- have to be in a serious mood to do that and I was too sleepy to even consider it today.

Interesting-- I burned about 730 calories with this SAME workout last Saturday afternoon. I wonder if I don't burn as much with morning cardio as I do in the afternoons. Hmm. I was feeling tired and a bit worn out this morning so it's likely I didn't get as into it as I did last week.

Debbie: I like CC#1- good for you on yoga. That sounds like a nice mix.

Suz: Great workout- I haven't used our Smith machine in 1,000 years- I should do it sometime for a nice change for the legs.

Teddygirl: Oh, that's the worst! I can't stand it when I get out of bed to workout and something screws with my system. So annoying, but good for you for getting something done. :)

Planning a few weeks of workouts since I am aimless until STS arrives. Decisions, decisions. I should just do whatever for a few weeks but that isn't in my nature- I'm a planner. :)

Morning Ladies! How is everyone? I hope you all are having a great day. Sounds like the workouts are going well, except for Teddy girl. Sorry you were having trouble. I have trouble with my electronics as well, and it is always operator error!

I overslept this morning and was worried I would not be able to get my workout in, but with this new system I am doing, it really speeds things up and I did it in its entirety.

Here it is:

Chest:
chest flyes - 3 sets of 12 - with 15# Dumbbells
chest presses - 3 sets of 12 with 20# Dumbbells

Biceps:
hammer curls - 3 sets of 12 with 15# Dumbbells
crazy 8s - 3 sets started with 10s and then had to drop to 8s for last set

Abs - hanging leg raises - 5 straight 5 left 5 right - 3 sets
9:00 & 3:00 on discs - 2 sets of 7 - these really kick my butt!

cardio - 15 minutes on 10% incline with 14# weighted vest.

Here is my delimma for you ladies - I am not sure how many of you are as old as me - I am 45 - I have been on BC pills my entire adult life. A while back I switched to YAZ because I heard / read they were better for perimenupause symptons. since I have quite my job and am paying for my own insurance - I don't think YAZ comes in generic so i went back to my old BCP. Anyway, I am sure this is way LONGER than any of you want, but I am having really bad PMS and the bad part is the appetite! I get ravenous a couple of days before it hits and I cannot get full. Also, my sister really wants me to quite taking the pill, because she is an oncology nurse and says I am in all the hight risk categories for breast cancer and the pill is really pushing the odds. I am afraid if I quite taking them, my hormones will go crazy since I have been on them for so long.

Any ideas? Any experiences that you can share?

Have a great day all.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Did Cardio Coach #2 last night. I find that Cardio Coach 1 and 2 so far are easy as compared to Press Play so far.:eek: Anyways, I did:

Traveled 3.1 mi
35 mins
Burned 283 cals.

Finially got some sleep last night. Bobby is not blacking out anymore and got an inhaler and some other meds and doing WAAAAAYYY better now. Thanks for all the prayers during this time.

Hey Ally - I am 40, BTW. Been in BC pills since I was about 21 or 22, but off and on. It is was never bad to go off them, except that my skin rebelled and I had a painful problem with ovulation. TTOTM was not bad for me off the pill but I have heard horror stories. What pill are you on now? Some seem worse than others for PMS eating. I could not take Yaz - it gave me these horrid panic attacks. I had never had them before. When I went off, I was like another person. Also, I was on a generic BCP and nearly lost it. Had all sorts of problems that I did not have on the name brand. I am now on OrthoTriCyclen Lo and have been for a while. No problems at all. The only odd thing that has been going on for the past couple of weeks is that I wake up and my hands are so puffy, sometimes my feet too. After a few hours, it goes away so obviously water retention. I forgot two pills (no idea how that happened b/c I just never forget...and I forget two??!) so maybe that is it. Like mentioned, off the pill, I get unbelievable ovulation pain and bloating for about a week. Sometimes I can hardly get up and down without grimacing from the pain in the area of my ovaries. This never happened before the pill so just an FYI in case you go off. I didn't know what it was for a while. It was almost every symptom of ovarian cancer that we hear about. There - a dissertion on the pill! :) Which one are you on now? Do you get mammograms yearly?

Suz - great leg workout. Is the leg press on your Bowflex? I think it is, and you probably won't have time to read this anyway.

Debbie - ok, I am going to have to try yoga. Today is going to be cardio for me too...Spinervals. Excited about that. I'll be ready for some good stretching. Also, since I got off the rotation with the back thing, I decided to try my own thing for the last week. I am using what I have learned from you. It was really a lot of fun - got to use some brain power and muscle power!

Teddygirl - I know about the frustration. I just want things to work when it comes to computers and TVs. Maybe b/c I can't take them apart. I will take anything apart that I think I can fix. When it comes to pushing the right combo of buttons, etc, I want to just smash it with a hammer :eek:

Patti - I have noticed a difference in calorie burn when I am just not that into the workout. I mean, I am working hard, even on the same settings on the machine, and I just can't make the same calorie burn. It's like my heart literally is not that into it! It seems completely differenty when I am excited and/or hyped up about the workout. Today, for Spinervals, I am hyped so it should be good! I will need to take Charlotte's advice and wear a bikini top :D

So, workout last night was PUB but I did not use the DVD - did it on my own and threw in extras for a good extra burn, AND I went heavier on chest and triceps. Next time, I am going heavier on biceps. Really enjoyed my little mix that I did too. Next was my own mix of abs - short b/c they were still a bit sore I discovered from a couple of days ago.

Have a great day, maniacs!

Charlotte - I got a phone call while I was posting so it took longer and you posted meanwhile. So glad for the good news! That was something else to go through. I hope he is soon completely healed. BTW- I think Lance put the turmeric in hot chocolate and milk. Said he could not even taste it.

Here is my delimma for you ladies - I am not sure how many of you are as old as me - I am 45 - I have been on BC pills my entire adult life. A while back I switched to YAZ because I heard / read they were better for perimenupause symptons. since I have quite my job and am paying for my own insurance - I don't think YAZ comes in generic so i went back to my old BCP. Anyway, I am sure this is way LONGER than any of you want, but I am having really bad PMS and the bad part is the appetite! I get ravenous a couple of days before it hits and I cannot get full. Also, my sister really wants me to quite taking the pill, because she is an oncology nurse and says I am in all the hight risk categories for breast cancer and the pill is really pushing the odds. I am afraid if I quite taking them, my hormones will go crazy since I have been on them for so long.

Any ideas? Any experiences that you can share?

Have a great day all.

Ally, I went off bc pills over gosh, 8 years ago I'd guess. My body hardly went through any changes and I started having "normal" periods, which is ok with me. I do notice more headaches when ttom comes around and my cramps are worse, but other then that, nothing much more. I'm 43 by the way.

I personally think you need to get off the pills. It is a proven fact that women over 40 who are still on the pill will have more risk of cancer. If you are worried about your moods, etc., talk to your obgyn and hopefully they can get you on something that will help. Or maybe there is a more natural way to go with it, maybe do some research.

Going off the pill was the best thing I've ever done. And I was on it for years and years.

Thank you, Debbie. I guess that is the next step. So what to do for cirth control? Don't know if DH is up for getting snipped!

Hey Ally - I am 40, BTW. Been in BC pills since I was about 21 or 22, but off and on. It is was never bad to go off them, except that my skin rebelled and I had a painful problem with ovulation. TTOTM was not bad for me off the pill but I have heard horror stories. What pill are you on now? Some seem worse than others for PMS eating. I could not take Yaz - it gave me these horrid panic attacks. I had never had them before. When I went off, I was like another person. Also, I was on a generic BCP and nearly lost it. Had all sorts of problems that I did not have on the name brand. I am now on OrthoTriCyclen Lo and have been for a while. No problems at all. The only odd thing that has been going on for the past couple of weeks is that I wake up and my hands are so puffy, sometimes my feet too. After a few hours, it goes away so obviously water retention. I forgot two pills (no idea how that happened b/c I just never forget...and I forget two??!) so maybe that is it. Like mentioned, off the pill, I get unbelievable ovulation pain and bloating for about a week. Sometimes I can hardly get up and down without grimacing from the pain in the area of my ovaries. This never happened before the pill so just an FYI in case you go off. I didn't know what it was for a while. It was almost every symptom of ovarian cancer that we hear about. There - a dissertion on the pill! :) Which one are you on now? Do you get mammograms yearly?

Suz - great leg workout. Is the leg press on your Bowflex? I think it is, and you probably won't have time to read this anyway.

Debbie - ok, I am going to have to try yoga. Today is going to be cardio for me too...Spinervals. Excited about that. I'll be ready for some good stretching. Also, since I got off the rotation with the back thing, I decided to try my own thing for the last week. I am using what I have learned from you. It was really a lot of fun - got to use some brain power and muscle power!

Teddygirl - I know about the frustration. I just want things to work when it comes to computers and TVs. Maybe b/c I can't take them apart. I will take anything apart that I think I can fix. When it comes to pushing the right combo of buttons, etc, I want to just smash it with a hammer :eek:

Patti - I have noticed a difference in calorie burn when I am just not that into the workout. I mean, I am working hard, even on the same settings on the machine, and I just can't make the same calorie burn. It's like my heart literally is not that into it! It seems completely differenty when I am excited and/or hyped up about the workout. Today, for Spinervals, I am hyped so it should be good! I will need to take Charlotte's advice and wear a bikini top :D

So, workout last night was PUB but I did not use the DVD - did it on my own and threw in extras for a good extra burn, AND I went heavier on chest and triceps. Next time, I am going heavier on biceps. Really enjoyed my little mix that I did too. Next was my own mix of abs - short b/c they were still a bit sore I discovered from a couple of days ago.

Have a great day, maniacs!
I am on Merced - but the generic - and it is as good as the real thing. I don't like the OrthoTriCyclen - I do better with a steady dose all month. I hope I am luck like you all and do well with going off. BTW, what do you all use now?

Mircette maybe? I was on Kariva (the generic, I'm pretty sure) and did not have a good experience. I wish, wish, wish I could go off but I am too miserable being off. My GYN has no problems with me continuing...he thinks I should given my problems being off. I had terrible headaches on Mircette and now stay away from any BCP that contains desogestrel. Good luck going off, if you choose that.

Yes it is Mircett - I spelled it incorectly. My GYN has no problems with me on it, however, the research and statistics are not good for women like me to be on them.

I did 60 minutes of cardion. That is a good idea, Debbie, to to 1/2 cardio 1/2 yoga. Did anyone every do a body cleanse? I have read about these and was wondering what you all thought about them.

Morning all! Here is workout from yesterday....very happy with the results. I have gained so much more strength since doing Debbie's Dec/Jan rotation. THANKS DEBBIE!

BACK
Regular Grip Pull-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
T-Bar Rows w/u: 45# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 70# – 3 sets/10 reps
Chin-Ups: 3 unassisted, 6 assisted
Barbell Bent over Rows: 55# /10 reps, 65#/10 reps, 75#/10 reps
Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 5/5 assisted
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 25# – 2 sets/20 reps
BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 55#/10 reps, 60# /10/8 reps, 55#/5 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 20's – 20/6 reps
Seated Sweep Curls: 20's – 20/6/ reps
Barbell Negative Curls: 55# /8 reps, 50#/10 reps, 45#/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 25#/6/6 reps, 20#/8/8/6 reps

Ally....sorry can't help ya out much as I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago, however I have read that it is not a good idea for women over 40 to be on the pill. I am 41...was on the pill until I began hemmorraging and ended up having to have a blood transfusion....hence the reason for the hysterectomy!

Teddygirl...how frustrating. Hate when stuff like that happens! Hope rest of your day goes better.

Char...so glad to hear Bobby is doing better!

Debbie... (and whomever else wants to chime in).... I mentioned I am in need of some "rest" time. I know everyone is different and needs to listen to their own bodies, however, in your experience is a full recovery week necessary for rest and repair? I was thinking of taking the next 4 days off...light cardio, stretching and I have a massage scheduled for Saturday!:D Is 4 days enough rest time?

Planning a few weeks of workouts since I am aimless until STS arrives. Decisions, decisions. I should just do whatever for a few weeks but that isn't in my nature- I'm a planner. :)

Patti...not sure what you are looking for but I am going to do Cathe's November rotation next before I start STS. I tend to do better when I have a routine to follow too!

Sonya: I'll go check it out-- thanks. Maybe I'll do it too or at least parts of it. It would be fun to do it together even though you kick my butt. :) I'm also considering working legs twice a week- maybe working B&G into what I'm doing somewhere.

Shana: Funny about your heart literally not being in it. I was working hard, sweating and doing my thing, but I was tired today. I knew it even while I was doing it. On Saturday, I was INTO it- total dork that I am, I was talking to the TV and really into it. So yeah, I can see where there would be a calorie burn difference. I love that you guys find that interesting or would note it as well- everyone else in my life would think I was crazy for even noticing. :)

Charlotte: Hooray for a healthy husband! :)

BCP: I'm 35 and not on anything since baby #2 arrived. I love it so far- hate taking hormones, but at some point it might be what I have to do.

Debbie... (and whomever else wants to chime in).... I mentioned I am in need of some "rest" time. I know everyone is different and needs to listen to their own bodies, however, in your experience is a full recovery week necessary for rest and repair? I was thinking of taking the next 4 days off...light cardio, stretching and I have a massage scheduled for Saturday!:D Is 4 days enough rest time?

I always take and look forward to an entire week off. Everyone is different, though. If you feel that after 4 days you've rested enough, then start your next rotation. I strongly suggest an entire week, though. Especially if you are continuing with cardio.

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did CLX Burn Intervals and Burn Abs. Yesterday was Burn Circuit #2. I was able to up almost all weights and used my lifting hooks which helped tremendously.

Ally- I was on the pill for 20 someodd years and went off a few years ago because the pill started giving me headaches. My headaches went away instantly (YEAH!) and my normal periods came back (boo..trade off I guess:confused:). No other side affects really, everything went very smoothly. I use an IUD now and am very happy about it.

Shana-
That's why am scared of road cycling. I fear getting hit by a car! And I hate traffic! I love mountain biking for the very reason of no cars. A-n-y-ways, my husband just bought me a new bike frame and will be putting me together a road bike. So, I'll be a roadie by spring :cool:. I'll just have to suck it up and join the traffic. I can't wait to get back on the dirt though.:p

Char-
Great news about Bobby! Geez, this has been a long sickness! oh, and check your snail mail in the next week;).

Everyone else
(sorry not much time here)- Great workouts! You all are doing great!:cool:

I think my HR monitor was not working right today. I started with 4 Day Split double cardio premix and only burned 338 calories. I usually get around 300 with HIS alone. I was only getting between 110 and 125 bpm
icon_surprised.gif
So then I messed with the strap and the settings on the monitor and did Amy's Step Challenge 3 combos 1-4 stopping at combo 5 then did the c/down and stretch. I burned 422 and hr was a little better. I am washing my strap. Took my granddaghter to school and when I came back I did the Joint Mobility from Empire State then worked abs like this:
Low Impact Circuit abs using 12# for some of the moves
Core Max segment 2 with the stability ball also adding 12# for some of it
Amy's abs and stretch doing abs#1 with 8 and 12#, and stretch #1
I finished with some foam rolling
Total calories burned according to the HR monitor was 965 today

Teddy, sorry you had problems figuring out switching to vhs. We have a dual dvd/vhs player recorder and between that and the cable box and stereo it takes 4 remotes and lots of switching around to play something:eek:

Suz, glad you had time to check in. Sounds like you are really busy.

Debbie, glad to hear the yoga is helping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.