Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hot Chicks, Sunday Feb. 1, 2009

SuzMax

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Can you believe it's February 1st???!!!

Yesterday was leg day because I took Thursday off. At the moment I can't remember why. I'm sure I had a really good reason though. :p I think I stayed up really late the night before and was really tired.

Smith Squats
90# 1 x 8r 2 x 10r

Plie Squats - Smith
90# 3 x 8r
Need to go heavier on these next time.

Leg Extensions
110# 15r x 3

Lying Leg Curls
40# 8r x 3

Romanian Deadlifts
60# 8r x 3
Up from 50# last week and that was plenty. I wish I could go back up to 85# but I can feel it in my back where I injured it and I don't want to push it. I'm just happy I'm doing deads already!

One Leg Leg Press on Smith Squat
115# 8r x 3 each leg
Up from 105# last week and this KILLED me!!! My right leg is stronger than my left leg so it's good to isolate the legs to help with imbalance. I could hardly finish the last 4 reps with my left leg. This was the one where I lie down on my bench and push the Smith squat bar up with my leg. The first two sets burn my hammies and on that last set my quads are ON FIRE!

Lying Back Extensions
3 sets of 15

Lat Pulldowns (for good measure) :D
90# 8r x 3
Back up from 85# thanks to my friend Belinda for helping me to isolate the muscle by going s..l..o..w..l..y on the way back up. Made a huge difference and I felt it so much more in my lats instead of my biceps.

Ab Situps - Bench
3 x 20

Ab Bench Rollups
3 x 20
I'm really starting to see and feel a difference in my abs since I've added ab work back into my routine. I was such a hater! I'd love to see a "little" definition maybe down the road. Not a lot but a little.

Sonya - AWESOME PICS!!!!!!!!! Your hard work sure has paid off. And just in case you missed my comment the first time around...I hate you for those silky smooth, cellulite free legs!!! ;) Good heavens woman! I'm really going to work harder on that healthy eating...really. I've had 2 migraines in the past few days and I just swear it's all the caffeine I've had lately. I think we can control so much with what we put into our bodies.

I have to do a tough Spinervals on the bike today. Since I took Thursday off I can't take today off. I took Imitrex this morning though so right now I'm all mushy muscles so I'll have to wait until it wears off.

I hope you all have a GREAT day!

Oh look at me...I'm the first one to reply! :p

I just went back and read more from yesterday.

Linda - I hope your DS is feeling better. I bet you're wiped out just about now!

Diane Sue - I'm sorry about your knee. That's a bummer. What part of your knee is it? I had talked to my PT about my knee a few months ago b/c I was worried about it for cycling season and he recommended lifting heavier during the off-season to strengthen it and by golly I think it worked! So far (knock on wood) I haven't had trouble with it. Of course all of my cycling has been indoors so we'll see once I get out on the open road. Oh wait, I have been out on a couple of short 20 milers and no problem so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Have you thought of having it looked at?

morning maniacs! Yesterday was BUST - I went for a jog, and my blood sugar tanked half way into it. WE then proceeded to go to the AC/DC concert which was a BLAST! I danced the whole time so I guess that counts for something.

Today is plyo legs and then preparation for our superbowl party. We are smoking ribs, wings and drumsticks. I am making a veggie tray for us health concious folks. Hope the game is good.

Take care all.

Afternoon ;)

Suz: Niiiiiccee Leg workout

Ally: Girl, can I come over for dinner ;):confused:

This morning, I did a 25 minute fasts paces jog. Then I did STS CS&B. I will return later too list my stats. Have a great day all:D

No workout today or tomorrow. I have been loading the car and we are leaving town:) Hopefully the break will be good for my knee. I think I am going to go foam roll before the 1 1/2 hour drive. I will be back tomorrow evening.

Suz, my knee hurts on the inside(site of a surgury on a cyst I had) . Sometimes I feel a burning pain across my knee cap and there is clicking sound. Just can't figure it out. It came on quick. So that makes me think that it is an injury. Still hurts this morning after a two day bresk from cardio and lower work. You are getting some great lower body workouts. My goal of gaining a butt is out the door right now:( I must say I am jealous. You are really making big strides in your muscle gain goals. Hopefully I can gain upper and be somewhat happy.

Teddy, is that day one of STS? I need to go look and see where I am starting.

Morning Maniacs! Today is a rest day...maybe, depends how long my husband hogs the workout room. He's working out and working on bikes too, so it's a mess. I start a new phase with CLX tomorrow. I also need to up my cardio with some Cardio Coaches. I also want to add in swings with the kettlebell and work my way up to 200 swings a day. How am I going to fit it all in?:eek:

Sonya- Great job on your progress. Your abs look fabulous!:cool:

Diane Sue- Have you had your knee looked at? I hope it won't affect your STS workouts.

Suz- Nice leg workout! I love one legged exercises.

Ally- AC/DC! How fun! I went a few years back and they put on a kick @ss concert! Angus is killer bad @ss!

Teddy- It'll be fun to see how you like STS.

Sonya - AWESOME PICS!!!!!!!!! Your hard work sure has paid off. And just in case you missed my comment the first time around...I hate you for those silky smooth, cellulite free legs!!! ;) Good heavens woman! I'm really going to work harder on that healthy eating.quote]

Suz....Thank you! Yes, I saw your comment...LOL! Trust me I don't know how it is as my booty is where I carry my fat. I do think clean eating helps but more importantly I drink ALOT of water.
NICE leg workout!

Sonya- Great job on your progress. Your abs look fabulous!

Dallys...Thank you! :D

Ally...Lucky you! I love AC/DC!

Diane Sue...Hope your knee gets better. Enjoy your trip!

Teddy...Sounds like a good time...enjoy the game.

OK I have to get. Need to run an errand, visit the folks and get my workout in before we head off to the pub to watch the game. I will be doing Chest and Tri's today.

Have a great Sunday!

Diane Sue - I wonder if you have some scar tissue that is rubbing or something? Are you thinking of going in and having it looked at? I think I would if I were you. Where are you going, by the way? I haven't kept up. :( My butt-building has been somewhat successful and I'm happy about that but I'd still like to be more lean in that area if that makes any sense. It's all about my diet. I need to start increasing my lower body weights, especially my squats. I wanted to lower the weight so I could squat lower but now I think I'm ready to increase it. I've been getting a lot of motivation from the gals on BB. You have such nice upper body muscle and I'm still not near where you are!

Ally - What time did you want us all over? :p

Teddygirl - Can't wait to hear how you like STS.

Dallys - You have some hefty goals. You better get DH out of the basement!!!

Sonya - I think you're right about the water. I've heard that SO MANY TIMES about drinking water and cellulite and how much it helps it to go away...or greatly diminish. And I'm really terrible about drinking water. So lookie there. I'm gonna go get a big glass of water right now. Have fun at your Super Bowl party at the pub!

Afternoon! I am not watching the game- happily. I just did some 1RMs. Can I make a secret confession? It's boring- not enjoying the 1RM work but I know it is a good thing and will make STS more effective. I'm over it, though. I get frustrated because I can't comfortably hold enough to work legs to failure and on upper, you can only do a few exercises at a time due to fatigue. Eh, I'll get through it.

Sonya: Just saw the pics- you hottie! You look awesome! WTG!

Suz: I love that Smith machine one legged press idea- must try that.

Diane Sue: I hope that knee stops bothering you soon- my knees are my trouble area so I sympathize. My pain tends to come and go with no real reason-- it's frustrating.

Add me to the AC/DC fan club!

We also bought the Iron Gym this afternoon so I can do pull ups and chin ups. I need to actually try it out. :p OK, gotta run and get some stuff done while the kids are napping. Later amigas!

I wish you all could come over and have super bowl food with me! I am curious how you all are liking STS and the new Chalene Extreme.

AC DC was so much fun. I originally went mostly for my DH - but I had a blast! It was like re-living my teenage years! It was great.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Just finished Spinervals Dropping the Hammer. It's an hour and 3 minutes and it kicked my butt!!! DH said I shouldn't have torn my legs up 2 days in a row. Yup, I know but I didn't get it done yesterday and I meant to. Tomorrow is supposed to be leg day again but not enough rest time for them since I didn't work 'em until late yesterday and now this so I'll switch Tuesday's workout with tomorrow. Sheeesh! :p

Patti - I think you'll really like those Smith one legged leg press dealies. They're awesome!

As you can tell I'm not watching the game either. DH is. We're going to go get in the hot tub though and he's going to pause it. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.