HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC CHECKIN WED 09/22

Tekmistic

Cathlete
GM Everyone,

I decided to post early because I have a busy day ahead and I'm not sure if I will make it back here today. :(

This morning was Muscle Endurance - niiiccceeee! I had a great workout and increased the weights on several sections - including leg presses. :eek: I'm sure I will have some DOMS tomorrow.

I wish I could say I was at least maintaining weight at this point, but the scale continues to rise....argh. I know I eat like crazy under stress, but this is rediculous! I guess I just have to dig a little deeper and get myself under control. I have been eating healthy snacks, but a calorie is a calorie, and I have been WAY over for so many days. :eek:

I hope everyone has a great day. I'll try to check back later.

Cheryl

Today was Back and Biceps. Had an excellent workout and my biceps are fried!!!

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each set.

BACK:
Underhand Barbell Rows - 55#/12 reps - 3 sets

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 27#/12 reps - 4 sets

Overhand Australian Pullups - BW/10/10/8/9 reps
***I could not get to 12 here. I was struggling big time with this exercise today.

Dumbbell Pullover - 25#/12 reps - 2 sets
Dumbbell Pullover - 27#/12 reps - 2 sets

BICEPS:
Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets

Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Wow, these were hard. Reps 10, 11 and 12 were a struggle. Really felt those.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 40#/12 reps - 3 sets

Hammer Curls - 15's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Probably should have gone a bit heavier here, but with good form and concentration, I really felt these.

That is all....

Today was legs and abs for me. Debbie, I made the chicken last night and it was a hit, could not believe my whole family ate it, I did make those adjustments maybe it even needed a bit more garlic, but it was good.

B-Protein shake with berries
L- 1T peanut butter on a rice cake with some banana
S- apple
D- Leftover chicken, salad and veggies
S-?

Morning,

When I got home yesterday, I decided to do some yard work, I worked a good 3 hours in my yard, man oh man, that was a w/o. I have about 10 to 12 trees surrounding my home, crazy:eek: But, any who, I could not get up this morning so relaxed:rolleyes: when my alarm clock went off, I couldn’t fine the strength to get up to turn it off. I slept like a baby, if only I could rest like that every night. My plan is to work out afterwork.

Cheryl – Glad you enjoyed M. E that is a good one.
Debbie - You always amaze me with your strength, nice work.
Roselyn - Hi :) what kind of chicken did you make?

Cheryl-yay for weight increasing (on the ME anyway :eek: ) I am with you on the scale. I went back to journaling my foods to be 100% accountable. I need to work on upping my protein and decreasing my fat a bit. My carbs have been right on the money. I am trying to follow a 40/30/30 or 45/30/25 plan. Sorry......I sort of went off on a tangent there. I hope the eats come together for you :)

Roselyn-nice workout as usual. Glad the whole family enjoyed the meal :)

Debbie-nice work, you are really tearing through that plan :eek:

Teddy-YAY for sleeping in and WOW on that much yardwork. My hats off to you :)

Allergies are still winning. Today it actually feels like a cold, but it isn't. I am trying to keep it together but I have been CRANKY :mad: I did LIC Cardio Timesaver as I didn't want anything too bouncy ;) Cardio is on the agenda today but I have no idea what I want to do yet.

HI -

Cheryl - It is really tough not to react to stress in ways that are ... stressful (At least sometimes). I do it too. Why IS that :confused: ?!! But you aren't alone and I hope you aren't being too hard on yourself. Muscle Endurance is on my schedule today, too. Just got my replacement disc for it and decided to do it (or maybe the ME/BC premix) before I play around with 4DS. Glad you had such a good workout :) WTG on bumping things up.

Debbie - I'd say you had an excellent workout :)

Roselyn - My thanks to you (and Debbie) on the recipe ideas. My cooking has been pretty ... boring lately. Are you still doing STS weight work or the same rotation Debbie's doing or ?

Teddy Girl - Yard work really is 'work.' 3 hours is quite a lot :eek: With those things, sometimes once you get started you can get on a roll though. Wish that would happen to me :eek: Although, yardwork will be out of season here pretty soon. I just read (yet another) article about how important sleep is to the recovery process (I think I was reading it because I couldn't sleep :confused:). So, staying in bed when you're relaxed and that tired is a GREAT thing. Enjoy your workout tonight :)

Theresa - That 'cold' feeling makes me cranky, too. It's awful. (Luf wud id duth do duh way you dalk, doo :p). Sorry you're still feeling so cruddy. I wouldn't want to jump around with cement in my sinuses, either.

Diane Sue - Saw your post yesterday: Olivia's stability ball challenge. I laughed when I pictured it. So, she adds an element of extra difficulty, physically - but also challenges your patience a little, too. Wax on, wax off, Daniel san :p Excellent at what she does, really. Very thorough.

Appreciated your encouragement yesterday. And, I did the workout I'd missed on Monday. It was tough and long. Started coming apart about half way through but I pulled it back together. Looked at 4DS a little more last night. Might try a premix or 2 this week. If I do the workouts as they, are I'll likely add in a few sets. Today though, I'm happy to have ME back. Last time I set out to do it I broke the disc :confused: Amazed (and grateful) Customer Service still replaced it, as it was entirely a mistake on my part. Anyway, think I will (finally get to) do it today.

Have a good morning.

Lori

Lori - Good luck with ME - I'm feeling it already!! :) You really 'sound' better today, so I hope you are feeling better as well. :)

Debbie - WOW! I can't believe the amount of weight you are lifting - AWESOME!!

Theresa - I have been trying to follow the 40/30/30 as well, but the past few weeks have been crazy. I'm not sure exactly how to get back on track, but I might try journaling food again....:confused:

Teddygirl - I am looking forward to doing yard work at my new home - hopefully I will still be able to get some in before winter! I don't know if I could quite make 3 hours! :D

Roselyn - You have been AWESOME on tracking calories!! Good for you!

Hi to everyone else!! I have patients walking in the door.....

Cheryl

Teddygirl,

I made a chicken parm recipe from Oxygen magazine, was very good.

I just got home from work and I am getting ready to do a Hiit TF 15 minutes, Diane Sue do you know about how many calories you burn on the 15 TF, I need to get a monitor. Any suggestions what is a good one monitor?

Got my workout in this morning and had to run into town to the post office. I started with STS Plyo legs disc 32, 48 minutes, 320 calories burned Max HR 154. I started Step Moves but 13 minutes into it Olivia was fighting me for the step so I gave up. I burned 82 calories though
icon_biggrin.gif
Then I decided to do Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness Circuit Burn premix of Boxing and Legs 33 minutes 214 calories, Max HR 147. I wore my weighted gloves through this and used 15# dumbbells. I finished off with Brook Benton's Cardio Pump Fusion Yoga W/up and Yoga Cool down. 19 minutes 84 calories. Total workout was 1hr 54 minutes and Calories burned was 700. Once I put the step away my partner decided to stay in the other room for awhile. She did come in for hugs though.
Eats yesterday were so bad I won't bother listing it. Lets just say Reeses ice cream earlier and a Sonic Blast at dinner time with butterfingers. I guess I was having a peanut butter/ icecream craving:eek: Today will be better. I made it to the grocery store for some things and the Schwann's guy came by just as I returned from the post office.

Lori, that partner does give a challenge. I have done it before with the other grandchildren. Today the thing was she came right in with a stability ball because that is really what she wanted to do. I told her there wasn't room for the ball and stepping so she decided to step. Sometimes it works when she grabs the 1# weights and we both sit on opposite ends of the step LOL But not trying to do step. I had another granddaughter at about the same age that would try to stand on the stability ball holding an open door wobbling around. Now, that one is still a daredevil and has had multiple trips to the emergency room. Not of late though and I hope it stays that way.

Cheryl, that is great that you were able to increase your weights on ME:D That stress eating really gets me too.

Theresa, I am sure you will come up with somethng good for cardio:) I have been using some recipes from my Hungry Girl Cookbook that has a lot of low fat recipes and many that are not to bad on the macros. I made a shrimp and grits recipe yesterday and adjusted it slightly. No light butter for me in it. But , it was pretty tasty. I am trying to increase fruits and veggies to a large portion of my eating with protein powder. Just want to see how that makes the joints feel. I have been reading some interesting stuff. Then yesterday was a disaster.

Teddy, I was so glad to move to a house without all of the trees. Something was on the ground to clean up all of the time. Then there was the tree trimming. Ice storm breakage. Wind breakage. You name it. I am not a fan LOL Hope you get your workout in.

Roselyn, you are doing great at the meal planning:D

Facebook seems to be down. I was sitting here working on some recipes I want to go back out and get items for. So far today I have had some pineapple with organic coconut, Myofusion Vanilla whey and a tiny bit of almond milk mixed into the whey.
I am getting ready to put together a recipe from my Hungry Girl 1-2-3 cookbook called Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups.

Diane: Woman, where do you get all this strength from, you haven't changed a bit, nice work :D Around my house and in my house there's ALWAYS things to do :eek: I do all the indoor and outdoor chores, and to be honest it can be so stressful, I get so overwhelmed, and not in a good way:eek:. I need to workout every day:)

Meals were :
b-the pineapple whey mixture I mentioned previously
l- Thai chicken lettuce cups (this was pretty good but I just put the mixture on chopped lettuce so it was really a salad)
d- Tofu Marsala recipe from All Recipes. I adjusted it a little. Less sesame oil and I used some endemame instead of the garbonzos since I didn't have any.
I will probably have a snack later with some more whey protein.

Teddy, sometimes all of the house and yard stuff has me overwelmed and I get cranky LOL I hate seeing things out of place.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.