HARDCORE FITNESS HOTTIES FOXY LADIES

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning ladies - today I will try to use the versa gripps correctly. BBL to let you know how it goes.

Here is my workout. Have a great day everyone.

Sets reps wt

Legs

Front Squat / heels elevated
5 8 60# barbell
elevated dead lift
5 8 60# barbell
Bulgarian SS 4 risers
4 10 30s felt these!!! Static lunge
4 10 30s

ABS

Hanging leg raises - straight leg
4 15

9:00 & 3:00 with plates
3 10

Today was Leg day. Had an excellent workout although I woke up with a headache and it's still with me. Still had some dizzy spells but not half as bad as last time.

1 minute rest between each set.

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
85# - 10 (up 5#)
90# - 10 (up 5#)

Bulgarian Split Squats:
70# - 10 (up 5#)
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 10 (up 5#)
****I really HATE this exercise!

Reverse Dumbbell Lunges:
30's - 3 sets/10 reps

Elevated Deadlifts:
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10 (up 1 rep)

No calves this time.

Then I did Cardio Coach #7, warmup, steady state and challenge #1. This is perfect for a 30 minute workout.

Cardio only stats:32 minutes
0 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
19 minutes above zone
281 calories burned
1.85 miles travelled

That is all.....

Morning maniacs! As a continuation of my screw around let's do circuits week, I did High Step Training (advanced) today. It was tougher than I expected- the sit 'n stands about do me in, seriously. She also did one armed tricep dips while keeping one leg elevated. WTF? I managed on my left side (oddly) and then had to use mostly both arms for my right.

Debbie: I need to add those Bulgarian split squats to my legs routine. I guess it can wait since I start STS next week. :)

Ally: What did you think of the versa gripps?

Workout is done. I really got to bed kind of late. I am thinking of doing STS legs tomorrow to get it out of the way. I am having the grandsons spend the night tomorrow night since there is no school Friday. Friday is the birthday party here and I have a lot to do. I will be taking one of the granddaughters to her school also on Friday. Anyway today I did STS back and triceps disc 11 and burned 350 calories raised the weights again this week. I then did 4Day Split High Intensity Step cardio premix and burned 238 calories, I finished with STS Extended Stretch and the Lawrence Foam Roller workout stopping after the tibialis moves. Total calories burned today was 660. I am glad that there was only 1 set of deadlifts on todays workout. Makes me afraid to look at disc 12 legs. I will try to get back and post my workout weights later.

Today will be STS back and triceps and I am in the mood for more bike so I'm going to sneak a little ride in too.

Patti - a while back you posted a recipe for muffins using blueberries and powdered milk. Do they taste like regular muffins or is it something I should only make for myself? DH travels during the week and DD is at the age where she looks at food like it will eat her instead of her eating it if it is something that she is not used to! :eek:

Ally - yes, a review of the VersaGrips please...:)

Shana: No, I doubt DD would eat them. But they freeze well, so you can make them for yourself and just thaw them individually. They don't have flour so they look very blue from the berries. They are super moist and suprisingly sweet (with no artificial sweeteners) but my kids (3 and almost 2) wouldn't touch them.

DD is at the age where she looks at food like it will eat her instead of her eating it if it is something that she is not used to! :eek:

Shanna...LMAO! How old is your DD?
Debbie...Nice workout! I have legs scheduled for today too. Yea, dontch'a love the Bulgarian Splits? I have been doing them of my weight bench instead of risers and focusing on going deep...I feel it! I'm guessing with your weight you used a BB, right?

Workout this afternoon will look like this:
Single Leg Pelvic Tilt (warm-up)
Sumo Squats
Bulgrian Split
Front Squat
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift
Standing Leg Curls
Ubilateral Donkey Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises

I am really enjoying going to the gym and using different equipment. However, the thing that bugs me most is when people try to tell me "how" I should be doing something...like I don't know. When I was doing my single leg-jumps yesterday one of the "trainers" (who is at least 30-40 lbs overweight!) not knowing my background or anything interupts me to try to tell me how to do them....whatever!

Meals for today (medium carb day)
M1: 6 egg whites, 1 egg, cream of wheat, blueberries
M2: protein shake
M3: 6 oz. turkey, 5 oz yams
M4: apple (pre-workout)
M5: surge (post-workout)
M6: 5 oz. roughy, 1 cup aspargus
M7: protein shake, almonds
Calories:1,523, Carbs:163, Fat:26, Protein:170

I do like the versa grips especially now that I am using them correctly. I got the classics - like Linda has - and I got the XS - because they were a great price on EBAY and it said they fit a 5 to 6 inch wrist - which is me. So, I am able to really do more with the dead lifts - and today I did Bulgarian split squats and static lunges with 30# dumbbells - which are usually hard for to hold onto after the fist set or so - i have really week grips - I know I am a looser! The versa grips kept my grip from getting fatigued and I was good to go. They take a bit of getting used to.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 but w/no banana
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. naturally more PB
M4: Zuccini Lasagna; Clementine
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats; 1 tbsp. almonds
M6: Talapia; steamed veggies w/balasmic vinegar
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. naturally more pb

1712 calories
43 g. fat - 23%
179 g. protein - 42%
157 g. carbs - 37%

Add almonds, my cals were too low from yesterday.

Sonya - Yes I did the BSS with a barbell.

Where's my Char at????

I checked out disc 12 legs that I am doing tomorrow and I saw only 1 set of deadlifts:D More calf work in this one. I really need to build those up some.
Meals so far are:
b- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2cup plain yogurt and 1/2 scoop Gold Standard whey
l- Muscle Chow meathead taco salad ( I used ground turkey and fat free cheese)
d- will be Muscle chow loaded spinach salad with salmon unless I just decide to have salmon and asparagus ??

workout:
lat pulldowns with band silver dynaband 10 reps
double arm rows silver dynaband 28 reps
dips on chair bodyweight 16 reps
seated overhead extensions 1 arm 15# dumbbell 10 reps
bowflex pulldowns 190# 14 reps
flat bench triceps extensions 45# barbell 15 reps
1 arm dumbbell row 36# 15 reps
t-pull blue heavy challenge pro band with 1# weighted gloves still on
flat bench dumbbell tricep extensions 20's 15 reps
barbell rows 62# 21 reps
y's with band silver dynaband and 1# weighted gloves
one arm dumbbell kickbacks 20# 15 reps
1 arm horizontal rows 33.5 # 15 reps
dumbbell deadlifts 33.5's 8 reps
seasaw push ups on ball body weight 20 reps
1 arm press down with band silver dynaband 36 reps
bowflex pulldowns 190# 16 reps
seated overhead extensions both arms 32.5# dumbbell
side leaning 1 arm overhead extensions on ball 15# dumbbell 15 reps
barbell pullovers 35# barbell 15 reps
kickbacks double arm 20's 15 reps
one arm band kickbacks blue heavy challenge pro band 36 reps
Bowflex pulldowns 190# 10 reps
crossbody kickbacks 16# dumbbell 15 reps
dumbbell rows both arms drop sets 10 reps each 33.5#, 26#, 21#
close grip bench press dumbbells 10 reps each 26's, 21's, 16's

Where's my Char at????

I know! I miss Suz too, but I know she can't check in at work anymore.

I wanted to thank you guys for the My Fitness Pal website- I had the darn thing bookmarked a long time ago and forgot about it. I love it! It's much easier for me to commit to tracking ratios this way. I am discovering I do not eat enough fat. I guess I will add a few more almonds to my day.

Ally: Glad you liked the versa gripps. I love them when I do deadlifts- it really helps.

Yesterday's dinner- since we have been discussing food, thought I would mention this easy dinner. I took a piece of fish (I used tilapia) and put it on a piece of foil. I diced up yellow squash and added broccoli and carrots on top of the fish. I mixed in a small bowl- 1 tsp. each of cinnamon, cumin, salt and coriander. I sprinkled this over everything (sprayed it lightly with Pam first) and then wrapped the foil up and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes. It was terrific and very easy to clean up. :)

This morning I did Providence using all my Kb 20, 25 $ 35#. Had a great workout, was 1 hour and I burned 420 calories. The shame is KBs always leave my back tight. I am definitely going to have to roll tonight.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Busy today with cleaning, etc. I took Deb's advice and did not workout on Monday and rested again on Tuesday, but today I had all I can stand from not working out due to neck issues so I went into it, and it felt great.

Did Butts and Guts today instead.
80# for squats
5#db's for lunges, etc.
115# for deadlifts (lowered some due to upperbody issues)

Did only the ab work from Butts and Guts as I don't want to over use the neck right now.

Did 45 mins of Kundalini meditation in the morning.

20 mins of PM Yoga

and will do 40 mins of cardio on elliptical after dinner.

I have had a hard time sleeping thinking my body will turn into a marshmellow from going so long without consistent workouts.

Hey Maniacs! Just finished CLX Push Circuit #2 and Turbo Jam Fat Blaster. Might go for a bike ride when dh gets home...if it doesn't rain.

Been busy and haven't had much time to post.

I think Suz left for Mexico today. Like we aren't jealous or anything!

Later........

Sonya, I bet the trainers trying to correct your technique or whatever is part of their sales pitch, to hopefully make you feel like you need help. I wonder how fitness educated they tend to be, though, because I remember Suz telling about someone "helping" her who was explaining something to her completely wrong.

Yesterday I ended up being too tired to workout after my evening class. Earlier today I did the avanced "stressed out" routine from Yoga for Your Moods. I'll do some more stuff later. Now I'm waiting for the midol to kick in and I should probably work on my dissertation.

Finished my evening workout. I did the abs from Butts and Guts, the leg blast premix, then the abs from Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Medball. =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.