Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs for Monday, May 26th

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Guess I am taking over for Lora.

Today is Chest/Back/Abs. Will report stats later.

Suz,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I think it makes a difference for me eating tuna kit verses straight out of can. I was surprised to notice how many more carbs from just a few crackers, but my weight seems to drop dramatically from eating straight tuna verses the kits.

BTW, sounds like your on a mission.

Diane Sue,

That is just where I would like to be with my weight and bodyfat. That is awesome!

Good morning!

Well gosh darn it! I didn't get to do the Bolder Boulder. ;( ;( DH was worried that my leg would hurt b/c it was/is still swollen. So he wrapped it last night and I went for a test run down our driveway and back up (it's kinda long) and YOWZA! So I came back in the house and ate dinner and thought I'd try it again and the second time was even worse. I must have aggravated it. You know, if it was a 5k I think I might have been able to do it, but a 10k I think I might have regretted it. I would NOT have wanted to get out there and had to walk 5 or 6 miles, that's for sure. Especially when DH and his friends were waiting for me at the finish. I wouldn't want to hold them up for all that time. I was doing pretty good as DH was getting ready and then he put his number on and the chip on his shoe and then as he was leaving and I hugged him I CRIED because I wanted to do this run SO BAD (just a brief cry - what a baby!)!!! I mean, for so many years I've wanted to do it and FINALLY we were going to do it and then I crash on my bike the Friday before? I know that everything happens for a reason so I'm just going to have to be good with it.

I was getting dressed to go for a ride and DH called and was just outside of town - the other side of town - and said it was pouring. So I looked outside and it had just started raining. So I guess I'm riding in the basement. For some reason I'm meant to stay in the house today. Maybe the aliens are trying to get me. :p I'm going to do a Spinervals that has some one legged drills to get my legs stronger. It's actually a time trial one - 60 minutes. Then I'm going to lift legs.

Char - That's crazy about the tuna. I wonder what it is.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Ally - I tried to pm you but it came back as undeliverable. I need your email address.

worseenemy aka Eunice - I've never used an Olympic bar before. For home use I don't think it's wise. My bar is a standard bar and is 5' long which is almost too long for me. But it works well and I have the room for it. If you can return it and get the standard, that's what you might want to do.

RE: Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs for Monday, May 26t...

Morning Maniacs,

I just stopping in to post my workout real quick. I decided to do Warp Speed for the next four weeks, as i really do need to lean out and it's just really different so it seems like fun for a change. Anyway, it was probably one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. Definitely puke status by the second circuit. I don't know if it was because it was after a week of rest, my eating has been lousy or just a really hard workout, or all of the above but man oh man!

Strength
Squats to parallel hold 2 sec.
8 - 115#
8/8/8 - #110#

Circuit A - 10 minutes
Push up/Prone Jackknife on Ball w/
Reverse Lunge w/ weight at shoulder
Did alternating sets of 6, completed 7 1/2 rounds.
Lunges: 30# DB

Circuit B - 10 minutes
Squat & Press w/
Chin ups
did alternating sets of 6, completed 9 1/2 rounds.
Press: 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 - 20's
6/6/6 - 15's
Chins: 6 unassisted
6/6/6/6 - assisted
6/6/6/6 - more assisted LOL! shortened my band!

Interval A
W/u 3 min, 6 intervals w 30 sec. max intensity 90 sec recovery, 3 min c/d. Done on treadmill 18 minutes, 1.25 miles and 197 calories burned.
***I was so tired by this point, legs are going to be hurting later I can already feel it coming!

Have a great day!

RE: Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs for Monday, May 26t...

Hi Ladies
I've missed you guys. I've been very active this holiday weekend. Sat night my best friends Bachlorette party. So was out very late that night. Sunday was exhausted but still got my workout in Today we have fam coming over for lunch/dinner.
This is my second week of endurance workouts and it's tough from after doin slow and heavy for the last 4 months
We'll this is my weeks workout plan:
Sun: Superset upperbody blast
Mon: Low Max blast only then 4DS LIC and Coremax # 2
Tues: B&G Leg blast premix and L&G floor work
Wed push ups from GS C&T only then LIC upper body x2 abs
Thur: 4ds Cardio Power
Fri BootCamp from the intensity series
Have a happy Memorial Day
Love Randi

Just finished workout. Did Spinervals 6.0 time trial. It's 60 minutes and has those one legged drills in two separate parts of the workout. LOVE those! I find now that I'm not pushing hard every day I can work harder on my hard days. That's kinda cool. :) I stayed on the bike for an additional 20 minutes making it an hour and 20 minute cardio workout.

Then I did my leg workout and now my legs are TOAST. I did leg press, calf extensions on the leg press in between sets, leg curls for my hamstrings and leg extensions all on the Bowflex Revolution. I'm doing 3 sets of 20. I was supposed to be lifting kinda light, but it sure doesn't feel light! :p I wish that the Revolution was weight for real weight, but it's not. It is a lot heavier! We found that out when I tried to do leg extensions the first day. I was doing 90# on our other one and I about died with 80#!!! I'm only doing 50# on the Revolution since I'm trying to go light, but I couldn't even do 80# on it! DH said that he has to lift lighter on it too so that made me feel better. ;) I did do squats the other day on the Smith machine and kept them light and did 115#, 3 sets of 20.

DH is already on his way home! How cool is that? So we're going to go out to eat and then I'm gonna work on finishing that dress I keep talking about.

Linda - Awesome workout!

Randi - Great job on the workouts! Have fun with your family today.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout stopping at the abs, then I did APX legs and core stopping at the stretch and went back and did HI/Lo Ko abs and stretch. I took my reading on my HR monitor after the w/up and cardio and had burned 532 calories was in a higher hr % than some other workouts Max 95% average 75% fat burned was only 40%. Then I checked after legs, core/abs and stretch and I burned 458 calores and 50% fat was burned. Total calories for today was 990 calories burned. We have my Granddaghter's birthday party to go to at 3. Those Mountain climber speedbag things always get my hr up there.

Charlotte, I had my bf down to a little over 8%once. Was real strict with the diet though. I am fairly strict but not like I was then. No sugar, very little fat, no starches, pretty much fish, chicken, egg whites, some protein powder mixed in water, no fruit, veggies were pretty much green. Wouldn't want to do that all of the time.

Suz, I think you would probably have been sorry if you ran. You will mend. Enjoy your day indoors:) Good workout. The Bowflex revolution must be a lot different than the one I have. I always feel that it is not quite as hard as free weights. I hit leg extensions at 200#, squats at 260# on my Bowflex.

Randi, good job with the workout:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - Great workout. Have you bonded with your HR monitor yet? I can't believe you had your BF that low once. That's waaaaay low!

Yeah, my other Bowflex's with the power rods weren't like that. I wonder why they made the Revolotion so different.

I hope you had fun at your Granddaughter's birthday party. :)

Suz

Back from the birthday party. We had fun. Had grilled chicken and melon but then... added a few chips. Not to worried about it though. Had a protein smoothie this morning and a salad for lunch. Not to bad. Couldn't find my fat caliper instructions this morning when I went to take my measurements. I need to reprogram it because I had taken the new battery out to try on my first HR monitor that was not working right. Anyway I searched and found them on line.

Suz, I think I am bonding pretty well with my new HR monitor. It has quite a few interesting features. Learning a lot from it:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.