Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs June 30,2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Last day of June...wow. Yesterday I worked chest/back/abs and did cardio in the morning and walked in evening some in town. Today I am gonna work arms and do more cardio.

Yesterdays workout:

Cardio: elliptical on my own, burned 349 cals, 4.5 mi. in 40 mins

Abs: 4DS Kickboxing abs

CHEST:

Bench 80# 3/4 (all I could this time)

DB Flyes 35's 3/6

Pushups on decline 3/10

BACK:

Lat Pulldowns 80# 3/8

Pullovers 35# db 3/8 (should have gone higher)

Morning all!

This morning I did Muscle Max but didn't have time to do the abs. I'm not going to type up a breakdown, I matched Cathe's weights and actually went lower with some exercises. Had a good sweaty workout. Her slow counts always burn me.

Be back later!

No, workout for me this morning again. Was in the bathroom 7 times within the first hour that I was up. DD got sick this morning. Looking like another fun day! Did manage an hour of weed/Mulch Max this morning though.

No, workout for me this morning again. Was in the bathroom 7 times within the first hour that I was up. DD got sick this morning. Looking like another fun day! Did manage an hour of weed/Mulch Max this morning though.

Linda, so sorry to hear about your kids being so sick. That really sucks! Hope you don't catch it. Mulch Max! LOL! That's funny! Also, I pm'd you.

Morning! I just finished STS Disc 10- chest, shoulders and biceps, plus a 20 minute run. I'm cooked. :)

Linda: I'm so sorry- there should be a RULE that no one is allowed to get sick in the summer!

Hi Charlotte, Roselyn and Debbie!

Good Morning, Everyone!

The tri was great :) Here is a link to some pics if you are interested...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2027206&id=1283405773&l=e54390f08d

The swim portion was slow as expected as I took some rests at the walls (there were a number of people doing this ;)). I just did not know exactly what to expect of myself in race conditions and had never in my life swam a 50 lap pool. Therefore, I was not going to push myself like crazy. Plus, I had to use my inhaler and as soon as I started breathing hard during the swimming, I went into a coughing fit so I was dealing with that. BUT, I swam all 6 laps (300 meters) and it was not nearly like I had dreaded it being! Then I hopped on my bike and had a superb ride, averaging 17.1 mph. I passed all of the people who passed me in the pool! Also passed people who got out of the pool long before I did. It felt great! I was only passed by two guys on top of the line bikes, they were clipped in and flying. I cannot get my new bike soon enough. Then on to the run - I started out walking it and then alternated running/walking. I just could not catch my breath. My HR stayed at about 176-180 on the ride but I am so used to riding that I knew how hard I could push. With the fast walking, it was at about 165. I later found out there was an air quality warning for the day which explained my breathing issues. Later, at home, I was out of breath just going from room to room and had to use the stupid inhaler again so that was very frustrating. BUT, I finished and felt great and next time, know that I can push harder on the swim and run. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for asking about my day :) I meant to get back on yesterday but there was so much at work to catch up on (and still is) that I just didn't get around to it. Anyway, I am signing up for another on July 12 and then a 30 or 40 mile bike ride on the 19th. I'll be riding with David and he will just be getting back from England and won't have ridden for a while. He is leaning toward the 30 and that is fine with me, especially in this horrific heat.

Linda - sending healing thoughts and prayers to your kids. It sounds like a nasty bug. I would take strep throat over that bathroom stuff any day of the week.

I am sort of floundering now, not sure what to do. Yesterday was my first total rest day in a very long time. I miss weights and am going to start back on those and my stepmill is just crying out for me to get on it so that is definitely in order but not sure what to do weight-wise. I miss the weights. I will do STS again but might wait until school starts for that. I've also pondered P90X. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Debbie - this is Taz. He sits in some funky positions!! I don't have any kitten pics on this computer but you get the idea of their similarity!

Shana: I was considering P90X too- let me know what you think. It might be a nice change. And WTG on the race! I'm so happy you did well and feel good about it. :) What's your decision on the RT?

Patti - I am thinking about passing. I would love to meet you and several other people but I really, really want the bike. I figure the RT would be a min of $500 which I would happily pay otherwise but that is that much more toward the bike. I haven't made a firm decision yet but I better hurry up b/c I know there are others on the list.

Re: P90x - I don't know anything about how to do it. I have the discs but no guide.

Shana - CONGRATS on your tri!!! You did awesome, girl, and I am very proud of you! Nice job. And how cute is Taz??? He does look almost like my Spaz. I like how we almost have the same names! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Debbie! It was a lot of fun and a nice challenge. I am now officially hooked. I would like to work up to an Olympic distance and then one day, the Half Iron would be the ultimate for me.

Patti - I forgot to thank you too! I hope you will sign up for yours :)

Shana - Congratulations on the TRI! You did awesome! Love the picture of Taz, the way he is sitting is to funny!

At this point I have been to the bathroom at least ten times today and I have absolutely no energy left.:confused::(

Thanks, Linda!

Oh no - you have the bug too?? Oh dear - I am so sorry. Hope it goes away very quickly. I should send my brother to make you some chicken noodle soup :)

good evening-
Just finished my workout...holy moses, that is the first time I have done Drill max all the way throught. Workout was 1hr 2 min and 624 calories burned.

Shana-congrats on your triathalon, you must feel very accomplished. Where do you keep your stuff for transition from swim to bike and bike to run?

Linda-
sorry you are sick and trying to take care of sick kids. Hopefully it's the 24 hr bug.

Nice workouts everyone..as usual.

P.S. I got some greek yogurt (which I am still getting a taste for) and mixed it with a little dry ranch mix for a dip w/ veggies. Suprisingly delicious.
Theresa

Linda-
sorry you are sick and trying to take care of sick kids. Hopefully it's the 24 hr bug.

Theresa

Theresa- Thanks but no such luck, DD is on day 5, DS on day 4 and me on day 3. Good news is the kids are starting to feel better.

Debbie, Shana, Patti - Thanks!

I did find the energy to haul 4 yard carts full of top soil this evening. Better than nothing.:D

I know it's late and maybe nobody's around, but I've had a rough day.

I've been having TTOTM since June 2 ....so today, I went to the OB/Gyn and he did an ultrasound and said my endometrium was 3 times thicker than it was the last time I had one which indicates dypslasia. He explained it can be early stages of cancer (I'm 49 and just started menopause last year). I was totally shocked by this, as I thought I was just having problems with stress and hormones, not cancer.

He said I need a biopsy ASAP. I asked if it could wait until August (due to work reasons), he said no way and sort of scared me with how adamant (spelling??) he was that it had to be done sooner.

Of course, I researched stuff online and now I'm even more scared. I hope someone can help ease my stress about this. Anyone go thru this?

Debbie - LOVE LOVE LOVE your baby kitty!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.