Hardcore Fitness Hottie Maniacs - Friday July 2

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - I overslept a bit so I had to do a shorter workout. I did Sarah Lurie's Iron Core Bootcamp. I did my own warmup and a double stretch at the end. I also added a few sets of heavy Farmer Walks, hot potatoes and round the body passes. I used my 20, 25 & 30 lb kb's, except went a bit heavier for the Farmer walks. Workout with stretch and w/u was 60" and I burned 480 calories. Max HR was 150.

I got pretty sore from that Bob Strength workout the other day. I'm happy about that..but I wish it were shorter cuz I don't always have that long to workout in the AM. Now I just have to learn how to tune lovely Stephanie out! LOL

RE: Work - do you ladies think I'm too old to work the Clinique counter? That counter is not one of the options they are offering me, but the manager told me they have an opening coming up in a couple of months, but this one 23-year old coworker told me I'm too old to work Clinique cuz it's a younger line? I don't really like Clinique, as I'd rather be in Estee Lauder or Lancome...but there aren't really openings in those lines.....well, their might be, but there's some political BS attached to that whole situation!

Have a great day and even better workouts!

ADD girl is at it again. I'm thinking about ditching my last rotation (Val & TA) and doing a combo of Tracy Anderson, Tonique, Brazil Butt Lift, Val Waters, M Richards, Jari Love, Slim Series and Tony's One on One..........YES...I know I'm all over the place with this and I might have to do one month with certain ones... and then the next months with another grouping! I shall try to put something together to follow loosely! Need to lose about 15 lbs!

Neck is finally feeling a bit better so I'm skipping my cardio session. Maybe I'll do something tomorrow. I'm really busy today anyways because my mom is coming home. :D I need to get some grocery shopping done and go get her. Looking forward to it!!!

Lora - I honestly was shocked that you are at the age you are at. You certainly don't look it. And I think that's a good thing for anyone working Clinique. Don't listen to what those women say, you do what YOU want to do. You look young and healthy so don't let anyone tell you any different. The most important thing is to do what makes you happy. If you want to go for it, do so! Also, no I didn't get the arc pillow. I bought a new pillow and love it. Maybe it is the band work? My traps do get really tight when I do those. At least with Meso 2 and 3 no more band work. Hopefully by Monday I'll be good to go.

Hi to everyone! Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Last edited:
Need to decide what to do here (for workout) pretty soon. The other day set me off track a little. Now, I'm holding off setting up a rotation for this month. We're going on a short vacation (just 2 or 3 days, I think) next weekend and I thought I'd wait until we got back. Wish I knew exactly how long we were going to be away ... I will in a couple days though. So :confused: I'm not sure. Maybe the KPC/Legs and Glutes premix. There's a longer one I usually do and kind of like.

Lora - I'm clueless about make-up lines and have no idea how age would/could correlate with brand. It Sounds like political BS - indeed (I think Debbie said it well - ditto ;) ). Also, I get all over the place sometimes trying to plan my workouts, too (you've probably noticed that). Sounds like you have some good ideas - and had a really good workout today :D

Debbie - YAY :D So happy for you that your mom is coming home! Good decision to give your neck an extra day, I think. Have a great day with your mom!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Lori

Today was Turbo Fire. I started with Turbo Fire 60 Class 58 minutes
430 calories, Max HR was 161. I think it will probably be a little more than that now that I have done it once. She added some little changes to some old moves which took a little catching on to. It did the basic kickbox type stuff at a faster pace than the original series then two Fires or whatever they are called, then back to the kickbox then two more fires followed by some more Kickbox and the the Finale which you were supposed to put your all into which kept the HR up pretty good. I followed with the Turbo Fire lower 20 class 22 min 83 calories, This had my legs on fire. She used a band tied at the bottom (I used a versa loop) , I followed with TF upper 20 class 21 minutes 78 calories all using tubing ( I used my heavy Cathe tubing) It was pretty good. Had some plank work in it doing rear delts with one arm and some pushup side planks in it. Then I did Abs 10 class which used no equipment but had my abs on fire. I finished off with Stretch 10 which was 13 min and 32 calories. WOrkout time was 2 hr 1 min and calories burned was 654.

Lora, I don't know much about skin care lines, but I think the packaging of Clinique products seems pretty classic and and understated and not what I would associate with younger women...I mean, it's not like it's Hello Kitty or something. When I think of nice skin care lines, too, I guess I kind of think of women beyond their 20's because they're more likely ( I would think) to be concerned with high quality products since they may be starting to show signs of their age, and also they're likely to have more disposable income than younger women.

Anyway...I don't associate Clinique primarily with younger women, nor do I think you're too old to sell it.

Debbie, yay about your mom coming home. =)

Lori, where's your vacation to? I want a vacation...sounds great!

Awesome workout, Diane Sue. As always. =)

Well, my workout today was the super sweaty early morning yoga class. She really gets out abs...lots of plank variations. Lots of chaturangas (sp?) too, and a lot of lowering, holding, then pushing back up. Def works the arms.

Yesterday I didn't work out cuz we went to Disneyland and California Adventure after work. It was cool but we had a hard time finding a place to eat!

The day before was Circuit Blast and a little yoga using part of a Ravi and Ana dvd and then some of my own stuff.

Hey, first the big news...Wednesday night was the final weigh in for our Biggest Loser Contest and my partner and I swept the prizes for highest male, highest female and highest team! WooHoo!!!

Yesterday I did Imax2 minus the combos. And today was a premix from S,P&J Step and Weights.

Lora - I have never thought of Clinique as a younger line. And I agree with Deb, you look great.

I had my grandchildren all day. Got up early to get my workout in before my grandbaby woke up. Not sure what I will do tomorrow.

Linda, that is great news:D Way to go. I remember doing that step weight premix. It is a good one.

Hermia, sound like you are still getting some nice workouts in even with the wedding, work, and other activities:) Those plank holds etc seem to be popping up in some of these latest yoga workouts I have been doing. Kind of hard after some of my strength training workouts that I have been doing. My arms are shaking.

Lora, have you done the Bob's workouts? If you don't do them together they are 28 minutes and 29 minutes. They are pretty good too.

Hermia - So glad you're getting to the yoga class you like so much - and you must REALLY like it to make it there at that hour :) Your other workouts look good too - Keeping a good balance. We're actually just going to a family reunion - it's only about an hour and a half from here. It will be good to see everyone - these kinda of events are sort of "challenging" to me though. It isn't about anoyone there, it's just that big crowds sort of ... drain me, I guess. DS might stay on a little longer than I do - I sort of need to be home to talk with the contractors who are going to fix our roof and siding. So, it's a very "mini" vacation. Still, last time we were there DS and I got to go kayaking and that was a hoot. Hopefully we can do that again. I agree though - you DO need a vacation - can you take a little one at least? Hope you guys will be able to make time for a honeymoon :D

Linda - WOO HOO :D :D :D CONGRATULATIONS. You deserve it - especially in lieu of you shoulder problems etc. - What an inspiration for setting a goal and getting there ;)

Diane Sue - You had a busy, full day - and it's tricky to schedule your time around a little one. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow either, but you sure have me curious about Turbo Fire ... ;) I'll just bet that if I make a big workout DVD purchase though, Cathe will release something new :confused:

Have a good evening

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.