Hardcore Fintess Maniac Hotties for 12/23

Today was cardio and I just did not want to do cardio. I'm really hating cardio lately. Not sure why because once I get started I'm fine.

I chose a Cardio Coach mix I made up and had a fairly good workout. It has 4 challenges so it's tough. My goal was to burn at least 400 calories. According to my stupid HRM I didn't quite make it but my treadmill said I burned 434 calories. Whatever...

Cardio stats:
63 minutes
50 minutes in zone
386 calories burned
4.1 miles travelled

I usually burn 100 calories per mile so I know I hit 400. I don't get why this HRM reads my burns so low.

Okay, gifts for the teachers were made last night and shipped off with the kids this morning. Then in a little bit I will be off to DS's school for his party then off to pick up DD from her school and then some final pre-holiday grocery shopping. Then it's home to finally do the wrapping which I think is all that is left. Tough part is the kids are always here. So theirs will have to wait.

Okay this morning I did Imax 2, I was completely exhausted and didn't want to do anything so I had to choose between challenging my mind with choreography or my body with intervals , so I chose to torture my body and let my mind continue to sleep.:p

Here is yesterday's workout:

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 25's
Spiderman Pushups
8/8/8 ***just wasn't feeling up to pushups so I reduced the reps from sets of 10 to 8***

Superset B
Inverted Rows
12/12/12
One legged dead lift
12/12/12 - 12's ***started with 15's but my legs were just tired so I dropped back to 12's and I still got DOMS***

Superset C
SB Roll Outs
10/10/10
SB Mountain Climbers
10/10/10 per side
Straight arm Side Plank
20 sec hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ration for six rounds using Amy's ASC 1 powerups.

I find it weird that you can do the same workout repeatedly and some times you end up with DOMS and other times nothing.:confused: I have yet to figure out what is happening differently from each workout.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday's workout, and did only once:

CHEST & TRI's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 12's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.

Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension: 12's - 1 set 8 reps 2/6 ct.

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 1 set 8 reps 3/1 ct.

20 Drop Set Pushups

Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 1 set 12 reps

Cross-Body Tricep Extensions: 12# - 1 set/12 reps 2/2 ct.

Kickbacks: 12# - 1 set/10 reps 2/2 ct.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 20's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Incline Flyes: 20's - 1 set 12 reps 2/2 ct.

Tricep Dips: 24 reps
Kickbacks w/Band: Yellow Short Band (my bands seem very short for some reason)

Today I am going on elliptical for 40 mins and then do double ab work. My weight is almost down to 118 now. My appetite is not as strong though so probably helps I am not snacking at night. I hate when I lose too much weight and hate when I gain too much. I suppose I like to try myself crazy!!

Morning Maniacs! Missed my workout this morning.:( I'll try and get one in later. Not to worry though as today is my last day of work and then I'm taking 11 days off!!! Whooooo Hooooooo! Ya'll don't know how much I need this break.:p

Suz/dork- Great workout yesterday. You need to get a space heater in your basement! I could never even walk down there if it was that cold.:eek:

Sonya- I'll be sure and look for your ds during the game! Football is so much fun when you have someone you know (not that I really know him, but you know) to watch.

Debbie- I'm the same way with cardio. I hate the thought of starting it, but once I get going I survive it.

Charlotte- You crack me up with your weight.:D You are just a control freak...don't lie! :p

Linda- enjoy all this Christmas fun while the kids are young. They get super boring at Christmas time once they grow up, and they want mega expensive gifts and end up dissapointed every year,:rolleyes:. Oh, and they sleep in and you sit there twiddleing your thumbs all morning.

Later...gotta go salt the walks

eta: we finally got a tiny poop out of Ellie at 7:03 last night, yeah!:p

I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself with 11 days off. LOL! We have no money to go anywhere so it would get boring quick.

Yes, it would be a whole different ball game if I had a ton of cash to spend! I'm thinking of doing something fun, like organizing the house... Ewwe!:(

Dallys: Hi, I went ahead and ordered them yesterday. I really like the descriptions too. Chalean is handling some pretty impressive weigh, huh! can not go wrong with these. Over on the STS forum, Cathe said STS will be ready to ship in 2 weeks or so. Oh Boy

Morning all!

Dally's...correction of the date of the football game...it's the 30th! After 12:00 today I too am on vacation! YIPEE!!!!! The best thing about having vacation is I usually get my workouts done in the a.m.

Linda...I miss those days with my DS.

You guys are kicking out some awesome workouts :D iIce work everyone. I will get my butt in gear after Xmas.

Debbie: Our you guys doing Dec rotation in Jan? LOL when you said you couldn't believe you put such a hard rotation together :):) You did and I luv it to, it is definitely a keeper.

You guys are kicking out some awesome workouts :D iIce work everyone. I will get my butt in gear after Xmas.

Debbie: Our you guys doing Dec rotation in Jan? LOL when you said you couldn't believe you put such a hard rotation together :):) You did and I luv it to, it is definitely a keeper.

Teddygirl, I'm making up a new one for January. Hopefully it will be just as tough. :eek:

Linda - This is the time of year when it is the hardest for me not having kids. The rest of the year I have accepted not being able to have kids but this time of year bums me out off and on. But then to hear Dallys talk about them growing up and all that stuff then I realize that God knew me all too well! I think I would have been a basket case when they went off to kindergarten, college, etc. :) I would have always longed for the "good ol days". I'm kind of an emotional mess that way. :p

Today will be chest, back and some sort of cardio - haven't decided yet. Unlike Sonya, I am not motivated enough to get my workouts done early on my vacation! I'm SO LAZY!!! If I had to be somewhere though I would.

Here's yesterday's workout, broken down, as promised. I tried to increase reps where I could since the only place I could really increase weight was on lying leg curls.

LEGS

Leg Press
10r 8r 8r
150# 170# 180#

Calf Press
10r 8r 8r
150# 170# 180#

Leg Extentions
8r 6r 8r
100# 105# 110#

Bulgarian Split Squats
10r 8r 4r
40# 50# 50#
I'm trying to get my leg up on a higher bench and I was feeling that pulled muscle near my groin area so I stayed at 50# today.

Romanian Deadlifts
10r
65#
Dang it! This aggravated the bursitis in my hip big time today, and has been lately, and has also been hurting my knee - the knee pain from cycling - so I decided to take this out of my rotation for awhile.

Hyperextentions (Back Extensions)
3 sets of 15
I really felt these in my glutes and have DOMS today. As I get stronger I'll hold a plate.

Lying Leg Curls
12r 8r 8r 8r
32.5# 40# 40# 45#

Squats
105# 2x15
105# 1x15
105# 1x15 Plie

Abs - Straight situps on bench from flat position 20x3
Meant to do ab rollouts but forgot! :mad:

SHOULDERS & TRICEPS

Standing Reverse Flyes
10r 8r 6r 6r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#

Tricep Pushdown – Rope
10r 8r 8r 6r
55# 60# 65# 70#
These last 6 were TOUGH!

Side Raises
10r 8r 8r 8r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#

Skull Crushers - Barbell
10r 8r 8r 5.5r
30# 30# 35# 40#
On the last rep I could only get the bar down but I couldn't get it back up. :mad:

Front Raises
10r 10r 8r 6r
7.5# 10# 12.5# 15#

Tricep Kickbacks
10r 8r 6r 4r
12.5# 15# 17.5# 20#

Overhead Tricep Press
25# 15r x 3

Finished with 45 minutes of Cardio Coach 8. I was pooped at this point and just couldn't go any longer. It was time to make dinner anyway and I was hungry. :)

Today was supposed to be a kettlebell workout. I was sick most of the afternoon and evening yesterday and still feeling weak and some stomach distress so took the day off. I will make up for it somewhere:) I just recieved AOS Newport and a friend sent me 10 Minute Solution Kettlebell Ultimate Fat Burner(She is so sweet) I had preordered it from Walmart and they canceled my order. I hear that they use a dumbbell in the actual workout. It has the instructor with a kettlebell on the cover. It claims you can use either one.

Teddy, I am anxious to hear what all of you think of Chalene's program.
When they first showed the cost they had a regular package and a deluxe. Is it the deluxe one that you got?? Or is that the special right now.

Dallys, I am sure the doggie will settle down and be housebroke the day it is ready to go home :) I bet you will get some results with changing up your workout like that.

Suz, the rotation I am doing came from Rachel Cosgroves article Atttack the Fat phase 1 and Phase 2 on the Figure Athlete site. I am doing phase 2 right now but using DVD's for most of the strength days and AOS Providence Kettlebell workout for the metabolic workouts. She does have a metabolic workout that can be used instead of the kettlebells. I like most of her articles. Some of the people over there come up with some stuff that I think is just not right. I rarely lift very high on upright rows. My book to my Bowflex had cautioned on that move as one that can cause some people problems.

Sonya, great picture of your arm definition. You can tell you are working hard. I made the Cooking light turkey alfredo pizza for lunch today. It was yummy. I should have went to the nutrition center though to find a healthier crust. I had to use a white crust. I used chicken on it though.

Linda, it is a busy season for many of us. I have been spending a lot of time running around with dh.

Last edited:
Kids definitely grow up way too fast. I will miss it when the "magic" of Christmas fades away for them. And I will be truly sad when DS is way too cool to have his Mom around. Originally DH did not want any kids and we weren't going to have any, but when we hit into our thirties I talked him into it. Which is certainly not a decision I regret.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Diane Sue - I'm glad you rested since you didn't feel well. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies. I need to get off my butt and go workout. But now DH wants to go to the Olive Garden for soup, salad and bread. We have to buy a gift certificate there so I had a feeling he was going to want to go there. :) I guess my workout is delayed once again. At least it will get me moving. I do like Rachel Cosgroves articles. Are you liking her rotation? I guess if you don't go too high on upright rows it wouldn't hurt as much.

I'm thinking of getting Gym Style Chest & Triceps, Back, Shoulders & Biceps and Legs. I've wanted Gym Style Legs for a long time but figured if I'm going to get that one and pay for the shipping I might as well get the others too. I figure I can throw them into my rotation every now and then for something different to mix it up. What do you all think? Are they all good workouts? I know everybody likes Gym Style Legs but what about the other ones?

Linda - That's great that you talked your DH into having kids. :)

Suz, I really like the Gym Styles. They have some great premixes on them too. The upper body premixes have some Super Sets in them. I am liking this rotation. Despite all of the junk I have had to eat my weight has stayed down and I seem to be a little more defined. Although it makes me more vascular and my veins in my arms are so much more pronounced. I guess that is something that I have to live with.

Linda, children make Christmas so much more fun. I am lucky that I have my grandchildren around for Christmas. They make it fun. Today I have my grandson here and we made out own pizza. He did his half with his own toppings.

Linda- That's exactly what I miss now that my kids are older (23 and 20) The "magic" is gone. I miss those cute little moments. I'm sure it'll be back if I ever get grand kids.:)

Suz- I am just barely starting to do upright rows again. I haven't done them for over a year. They were killer on my tennis elbow. I can only go super light with dumbells and not very high.

Diane Sue- I still waiting for providence and newport. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about newport. I hear it's pretty tough!

I have no motivation to workout and I'm craving chips and candy and stuff! Whud up?:rolleyes:

Diane Sue...hope you feel better soon. Nothing is worse then being sick during the holidays!

Suz...I posed the same question last month about Gym Style. I ended up getting them and love them! I think it was Diane Sue who talked about the different exercises Cathe does in the gym style legs floorwork....and she was right! They are worth the purchase.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.