HARDCORE CHECKIN TUES 9-21

buttercup78

Cathlete
Gm Ladies

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get over here yesterday to post, I read everyone's workouts and they looked great-as usual :D I have become a slave to allergies, the last three days have been bad. It feels like I am trying to swallow gravel. The allegra helps and so did the nettipot, but I am back to square one this morning. I did get a TRX Body Blast workout in which was total body and had a cardio factor to it. It was fun and fast and I finished w/ Lauren Brooks Finisher Kettlebell workout which was a 6 min tabata protocol. It was PERFECT :D
I have started tracking my calories to really get hold of how much I am taking in so I can discuss that with the doctor this Friday. I still think my thyroid is wonky b/c this weight will not budge :( :mad:

Calories yesterday 1500 I forgot the macro breakdown but my fats were too high.

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I chose Low Max. Had a really good workout. I only used 1 riser with my step, though, because of my ankle incident a few months back. Don't want to replay that. Had a great calorie burn despite using only 1 set of risers.

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 7 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
21 minutes in zone
43 minutes above zone
550 calories burned

Good morning Guys :D

Altho, I am still sore and legs are stiff, this morning I did 20 minutes on my treadmill and MIS chest & back. Have a great day everyone:rolleyes:

Debbie: Thanks! Low max is one of my favorites.

Theresa: Hello.

Diane Sue: She’s adorable.

Good Morning -

Yesterday I set up for my workout, wandered around and sighed -- rolled my eyes ... that was all :eek: Just a bad day. Much of it my attitude. At least everything's set up for today, though. And maybe the rest day did me good (physically, anyway). Will proceed from here.

Theresa - Your workout sounded really good, as well as the action steps you're taking to take care of yourself. Sorry your allergies have been so bad. Yesterday I felt like I was allergic to ... consciousness :p . Hope you get feeling better - have missed you ;)

Teddy Girl - I think I joined this group while you were taking a break. Before that, I was on the forums for quite a while (lurked) and one of the things I followed was this check-in, so I do remember you. Very glad you've decided to come back.

Diane Sue - I saw your post from yesterday afternoon. Don’t doubt for a sec that you get #s at least that high with the way you work. Plus, saw the picture of your coach yesterday -- looks like a real slaver driver ;) .

Cheryl - Nah - it’s a 'home grown' funk - been dancing around with it on and off for awhile too. Almost always, if I feel it escalating there are things I can do to sort of reel myself in and regroup. Yesterday for example, I probably could have salvaged the day. Would have taken some energy and attitude adjustment. Would have been worth it but … I just didn’t :confused:

Debbie - Low Max is a good one. It took me a few times to 'warm up' to it (wasn't sure how much I liked it at first). Looks like you did great with it today -- nice numbers :)

Roselyn - Wondering if you tried the recipe - and how it was?

Hi to everyone who follows. Have a good day.

Lori

I see Ms.Cathe is at it again, new workouts, she is amazing. Did anyone pre-order them yet? I decided not too. I "STILL" haven't completed STS I only got thur Meso 1 nor have I started or looked at STS cardio nor have I viewed Insanity. I need to get my s&^% together, really. I am losing :eek:

Lori - Thank you :) I have plenty days like this, as I always say to myself hang in there, I pray tomorow will be a better day:rolleyes:.

Theresa - Sorry to hear about your allergies. Tis the season for that, that's for sure! Hope it doesn't last long. Nice workout you had! It's hard to workout when your head is all messed up.

Teddygirl - Nice workout! Now we gotta get Char to check in regularly. :D And yes, I preordered. Can't wait to get them!

Roselyn - How was the stew? I will update you all on my recipe at the bottom of this reply.

Lori - Don't stress the rest day. We all need them. Believe me, I'm in that sort of mood alot lately.

Ok, I made the Chicken Parmegiana last night from the most recent Oxygen Mag. It was ok. I have to say, every recipe I find for chicken has you cooking chicken at 350 for about 20 minutes. Unless my oven is off, I can never get chicken to cook full at 350. I should have known better with this recipe. I followed the instructions but the chicken was no where near done when my oven timer went off. I upped the temp to 375 and cooked it for 10 more minutes. It was fine after that.

Next time I'll add spices to it, especially garlic. And who the heck needs to cook chicken in a 1/2 c. olive oil! Yikes! I used maybe half that for all four chicken breasts. Good flavor, though. So I'll definitely make it again. It's easy to make which is also a plus for me. :D

I did my workout this morning and then had to run into town to get my grandbaby some allergy/cold medicine. She seems ok, but is sneezing and her nose is running like crazy.
I started my workout with Amy's Hi/Lo Dynamics. I had lots of interruptions so decided to tack on the Interval mix skipping the w/up and doing the abs 2 times. This was 71 minutes, 519 calories, Max HR 163. I then did STS Abs Cicuits Stability ball workout 20 minutes, 86 calories burned using my Bosu Ballast ball, then I did Turbo Fire Abs 10 11 minutes 25 calories. I finished off with the first 24 minutes of Lawrence Biscontini's foam roller workout, 72 calories. This included some balance and core work along with the massage/stretch. Workout was 2 hr 6 minutes and calories burned was 700.

Theresa, I know how you feel with the allergies. I went outside yesterday to do some things in the yard and came in sneezing and watering eyes. Nice workout yesterday andyway. I like that finisher from Laurens 2nd workout :D

Teddy, welcome back. Good for you getting that workout in:)

Lori, that coach is a real tough slave driver. I had to keep moving out of her way when she pulled herself out a stability ball this morning. It was quite challenging doing those 1 leg pikes with her trying to lean her ball up against mine:eek:

Debbie, nice calorie burn. I am sure you were being extra cautious after the step injury.

Roselyn, I bet that was a nice intense combo using some Insanity with Athletic Step:)

Meals yesterday-
b- peaches with cinnamon and Flax n Snax High Protein Hot cereal with honey and Myofusion Vanilla whey
l-canned pineapple with vanilla myofusion whey and organic unsweeteded coconut
d- chicken stir fried with jalapeno, frozen pepper blend, onion, garlic, and diced tomato over salad greens
s- pineapple why and coconut same as lunch

I may hit a regular grocery store today to get some things. I am having to come up with things to eat. The only fruits and veggies at the Dollar store in town are canned.

The beef stew recipe was very good, Debbie I am trying the chickec tonight, so I won't use all the oil and I will add some garlic, thanks for the suggestions to make it taste a little better

Diane Sue - Excellent workout. I sure hope your grandbaby feels better soon. Poor thing. :(

Roselyn - Let me know how you like the chicken recipe. I'm having it again tonight. I'll try the beef stew maybe when it gets a bit colder out. It looks good in the magazine.

Linda - If you are reading this - hope you are feeling better each day. Thinking about you. :)

Just made myself a protein shake and was wondering if any of you had a favorite way to make yours. Always looking for different variations, milk,water, juice etc. Made this one with water, ice and frozen strawberries and vanilla protein.

Hi Everyone!

Unfortunately, the day sort of "got away" from me - had a very busy morning at work and can't believe it's almost 4 pm already! :confused:

Theresa - I hear ya on the allergies. I have been watery, sneezy and itchy eyed for the past week. :( I just keep on medicating and actually am looking forward to cold weather, if only to keep this yuckiness at bay!

Lori - I know that funk all to well! I am still quite "off", probably from a combination of stress and the end of summer blahs. I always feel lousy when I close camp and know I have to wait another 8 months to get back. I actually tried to find a job up north last year, but there isn't much work in my field (ophthalmology) in the Adirondack Mountains. I would LOVE to live there full-time - maybe someday.... I hope you are feeling better today.

Debbie - Nice workout today! Congrats on trying that new recipe. I haven't felt like cooking anything lately - and obviously I am paying for it as the lbs are creeping up again!

Teddygirl - Hi!!

Roselyn - I am trying to track my food, but I simply can't post them today - I would die :eek: Again, the tapeworm sabotaged me today and I have had about a billion calories - well, at least 2000, but the day isn't over yet...argh

Linda- I hope you are doing well. I am keeping you in my prayers. :)

Diane Sue - Seriously, please send me just a little bit of your energy! I am tired just reading what you do in a day! Nice work getting everything done!!

Ok...today was cardio and I did Imax 2 (again)...LOL. I am MAKING myself like that workout (not!). I actually didn't realize it was on my rotation for this week, but I MADE myself do it this morning, despite a lot of moaning, groaning, and some pretty bad language! :eek: Now if I could just talk myself out of eating everything in sight! I was also thinking that maybe I am putting some extra lbs on because I know once I close on the new house I will be low on calories again - working like a madwoman and not eating enough. I cycle like this - like in the spring and summer at camp....at least that's what I hope is happening.......

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.