HARDCORE CHECK IN WED 09-01

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Happy September 1st everyone!

I wish I could say the weather was getting better, but it's still in the high 90's and humid here - :(

Today was The Gauntlet - good workout. It's funny because I almost stayed in bed this morning and really did not think I would even get through half of a workout. I ended up completing almost all of the workout (blew off the last weight seg.) and did over an hour of circuit work. It felt really good. :D
I also "planned" out my eating today and will include a few protein shakes and a power bar, so hopefully I will get my terrible eating under control again.

It seems like everyone has been doing great and getting in AWESOME workouts.

Diane Sue - Sorry to say but I had to laugh about the weighted vest. ;) I had the same problem with ankle weights a few years ago. The velcro was on the WRONG side and there was no possible way to attach them, sooooooo...I used shoestrings and tied them on for several months. :D

Ok....off to work. Still no "official" word on the house yet, but I did pay ($375) for the appraisal yesterday, so hopefully things are going as they should. I can't believe how frustrating this is, especially considering it's the fourth house I have purchased. There is a lot of truth to the banks being WAY more conservative when writing mortgages - argh. I am still keeping my hopes up, however, and dreaming about my new workout room! :)

Have a great day everyone and I'll try to check back later.

Cheryl

Today was Meso 3, Week 4, Disc 40, Squat Rack Legs. Had a great workout. I'm hoping to be sore tomorrow, so far doing STS Meso 3 I haven't been one bit sore. Very strange for me.

Approximately 3 minutes rest between each set.

Warmup:
Squats - 65#/10 reps
Squats - 70#/10 reps

Workout:
Squats - 90#/8 reps
***Did 4 sets.

Elevated Barbell Deadlifts - 85#/8 reps
***Did 4 sets.

Leg Press Station - 165#/8 reps
***Did 4 sets.

Static Lunge - 75#/8 reps
***Did 4 sets.

That is all...

One more Meso 3 workout and I'm done. Now I gotta figure out what to do for the next 4-8 weeks. I want to do up my own rotation again. I'm on Cathe overload right now.

Cheryl-I hope the house stuff comes through, there is no bigger PIA than being in limbo. And yay for a great workout :D I love it when that happens

Debbie-that is weird that you aren't sore, b/c I am sore just looking at your weights :p I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I need to forward you one that Char gave me on FB. It's a 6 week one from Muscle and Fitness.......I will get that to you later today if you want it.

Yesterday was Athletic Step and this workout seems to kick my hind end EVERY time I do it. I dropped the step height and I was still sucking wind, but I made it.....all the way through :D I am pretty tight today so I may adjust my workout and do a lighter cardio w/ a long stretch. My body needs it after the beating it has taken :eek:

Debbie-that is weird that you aren't sore, b/c I am sore just looking at your weights :p I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I need to forward you one that Char gave me on FB. It's a 6 week one from Muscle and Fitness.......I will get that to you later today if you want it.

Char was telling me about this rotation. Yes, I'd like to see it. Would it be a problem to send it to me? Thanks Theresa!

I finished my workout :D Started with Shock Cardio Athletic Step 47 minutes, 322 calories, Max HR 151. Then I did Amy's Step Challenge 3 starting with the power ups and following with combo 1 and abs 1 using 15 and 20# kettlebells. Max HR was 153, Calories burned was 214, workout was 32 minutes. I finished with 5 day Get Fit abs and power yoga using a 10# dumbbell for the abs. Workout was 20 minutes and calories burned was 89. Total workout was 99 minutes and calories burned was 625. My glutes and hamstrings were sore this morning but once I got moving they feel much better. I just had a yummy post workout meal of raspberries, Myofusion vanilla whey, and Flax Snax Natural hot cereal in butter pecan flavor( I love this and it has only 2 usable carbs, no sugar, and 13 grams of protein) I just warm the berries in the microwave and stir in the cereal and whey. I need to post my weights for Mon & Tues. I kept getting dumped off the internet yesterday:mad:

Cheryl, I went to the store yesterday and it was 100 degrees. It clouded up and gave a quick isolated downpour and cooled off to 87. Wish it rained at my house. I managed to get my crummy machine to sew the strap on most of the way. I used upholstry thread. Then I hand sewed it again. I had to take weight packets out to maneuver it. Sure is annoying. I was looking at it today and thought maybe they used the exact same vest design and materials as the 10# vest but added pockets to add another 10# to it. Might not be strong enough for that much weight. Although I was thinking that looking at it, they might have only got the edge in the seam and that is why it came off. I quite often think that I won't do a full workout but once I get into it I can't stop:)

Debbie, nice weights. I don't get sore with Meso 3 either. I know I increased my weights but I think after the build up from Meso 1 & 2 I am already conditioned if that makes sense.

Theresa, I usually get more of a calorie burn with Athletic step and my HR gets up there. But today I was having a hard time getting it above 130:confused: Maybe all of those Turbo Fire Hiit workouts helped:)

Roselyn, I get the cereal at Akins Natural Foods www.akins.com. The companys' address is www.parksidedistribution.com I will be doing STS back & Biceps tomorrow:D Nice choice yesterday.

Lori, I think the new weighted vest is easier to slip on and off quickly thatn the big one.

Hermia, I wasn't sure when the presale was going to end. I think I have spent enough for a bit so will wait till they come out and maybe buy them individually or ask for them for Christmas:D

Linda, I hope you can get those appointments that you need.

Last edited:
Tri-set Legs (week 1 meso 2) yesterday. Very good workout. Subbed in hack squats for the first round of deadlifts. After calves, added a 4th …um … triad of tri-sets [?]: wall squats, plate pull ins (exercise from a bonus round in meso 1 - wanted to hit my hammies a bit more) and curtsy lunges. My P.M. (2nd workout) may be put on hold until after DS gets home. There's a list of things I wanted to get done while he was gone and I'm still in attack mode. Not sure why I have such a sense of urgency about these projects, but … I just do :confused: . I was up until almost 2 last night (not that I’d have been able to sleep anyway). Ever since Cheryl mentioned The Gauntlet, I've been thinking about it. May do that today. I was going to pull together my own interval mix. Those tend to be very tough and pretty fun, but they also require more thought and focus than a dvd. Maybe this weekend.

Debbie - Wow. That went fast (the STS rotation). At least from this end. Nice work today :) . Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do next.

Cheryl - So glad to see your post :D You’ve been getting some great workouts in despite all you‘ve had going on. I was surprised to hear you still don't have a 100% answer on the house. Laughed about your ‘tape worm (though I know it’s hardly funny to you really)’ you’ll have that lil bugger on the run again soon. Hang in there - have missed hearing from you. I may make a run through the Gauntlet today, too (thanks to you ;) ).

Roselyn - Saw your workout yesterday - another tough one. Well done today, too. How do you like the TF in comparison to Insanity?

Linda - 9 years with little ones always around - that would be a shock. Even now, I find myself looking forward to time by myself (that is, not in 'mom mode'), but then when DS is gone, I end up missing him. Good idea working with the kb's. Before I started working with them, they LOOKED to me like they used the shoulder's quite a lot - at least in some movements. Was surprised at how much the shoulder is actually kept out of the work in lieu of legs and lats. The dreaded (shoulder appt.) call must have been tough to make - but also good to have taken that first step.

Theresa - I haven't done Athletic Step in awhile. I remember it was a little deceptive. After last week, you sure could use some gentler days :)

Hermia - I hear you about the sleep - sometimes it’s just got to come first. Seems like you're getting back into a rhythm with your workouts, though :) . It's hard to hear about all the new programs -- especially when they're Cathe's -- and not get them for yourself. I really struggle with that, and did (rather impulsively) go ahead and pre-order. I think your cautiousness is a good thing. Theresa knows a site with a good discount you can order from when the Cathe workouts hit the market, if you decide to go that route.

Diane Sue - Excellent workout :) Good thing you're adept enough with sewing that you could fix the vest. Easier to slip on and off would be a very helpful factor. In tri-sets, sometimes I've subbed in different exercises so I could either have it on, or not at all, for the whole triset. Taking it off for deadlifts but needing it for squats is the example I can think of. Seemed like I didn't have time to deal with it midway through a round and didn't want to get behind. Kind of a pain. A great tool though. I thought for sure I'd have at least a little soreness today ... :confused: ... not yet, anyway.

You guys are all doing great. Needed the inspiration today - pooped :p

Have a good day -

Lori

Lorie, I hear you on getting that vest on fast enough. I set things where they are convenient to get on quick. The vest was ok for that still had to work quick:) But, I was only two minutes off on the workout timebecause of equipment changes so I didn't feel too bed about it. Definitely would not want to be wearing the vest for deadlifts.

Debbie, I forgot to mention that I do the Step Blast premix that is combos 2 & 3 with the challenge segment. That way I get to the paint it black faster LOL

STS Meso 2 week 1 weights for Mon and Tues
Chest Shoulders and Triceps Disc 13 (
Chest: I usually go lighter on chest since it gets worked to death with all of the pushup incorporated into cardio and core workouts)
Flat Bench Press w/up sets 15# dumbbells 2setsx12 reps
3 sets 37# 12,10,8 reps
Chest Flys 17# using 2# gloves and dumbbells 12,10,8 reps
Incline bench press barbell 37# with 2# gloves 12,10,8 reps
Incline Flys 17# with2# gloves 12,10,8 reps
Shoulders; Seated front press alternating arms 23# 12,10,8,
seated front press 10reps
Alternating one arm lateral raise standing 18# dumbbell 12,10,8 reps
Seated lateral raise 18# dumbbells 12 reps
Seated rear delts 18# dumbbells 12,10,8 reps
Triceps: Flat Bench Tricep Extension Barbell 48# 12,10, 8 reps
Side Leaning one arm extension on stability ball 18# dumbbell 12,10,8 reps
One arm kickbacks 23# dumbbell 12,10,8 reps

Disc 14 Legs
Triset 1
squats- 35# dumbbells, 20# vest, 2# weight gloves total weight 94# 10 reps
One leg elevated lunge-25# dumbbell with 2# weighted gloves total 29#
10 reps
Deadlifts wide stance-35# dumbbells and 2# weighted gloves 74# total
Repeat 2 more times no changes
Static Lunge-35# dumbbells and 2# gloves total 74# 10 reps
Plie Squats alternating hand- 55# dumbbell 2 # weighted gloves total 59#10 reps
One leg slide back lunge- 25# with 2# weight gloves total 29# 10 reps
Repeat 2 more times
Stiff legged Deadlift on platform- 74# 10 reps
Side slide lunges 35# kettlebell and 2# weight gloves39# total 10 reps
Squats Narrow Stance 35# dumbbells, 20# weight vest, 2# weight gloves
94# total 10 reps
Calves-3 sets 20 reps 25# dumbbell. I went down on this this time as calf work seems to set off the metatarsal pain.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.