HARDCORE CHECK IN WED 07/21

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday everyone!

Diane Sue - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on yesterday's post. I agree that I eat much better at camp, simply because I don't keep the junk around. I also can't pass up the yummy chips and salsa. :mad: My worst challenge is at work where there is always candy, cookies, etc. to tempt me. Add a little stress to the mix and I end up eating all of it!!

Theresa - I like your ideas about the "food challenge". I would like to add that tracking calories and sticking to a "calorie limit" for the day might be a good idea.

Debbie - I liked Theresa's ideas from yesterday's post as well as tracking calories. What do you think?

Lori - I think someone needs a pep-talk - :p I hope you are doing well today and feeling better.

Hi to everyone else!! Today was 4 DS lower impact step and heavy weights shoulders, calves and core. I did finish the entire workout, which is awesome. However, I didn't eat well AGAIN yesterday and the scale has not moved (either up or down), soooooo............I am definitely up for a "nutrition" challenge. :eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl, I often wonder why the health care facilities allow all of that junk food to be in their offices. Then the staff is stuck eating it or looking at it trying not to eat it. I am a stress eater as well. When stressed I find myself looking in the refrigerator to fill that know I am carrying. Sometimes I realize what I am doing and try to find a busy task to focus on.

Hello everyone,

Workout today was STS DIsc 27 (I think) bis, tris and shouldes had a good workout.

Breakfast was a bowl (1cup) of high fiber cereal, added a bit of protein powder and a splash of almond milk. Have not thought about my other meals yet but I will do a food challenge with you all. My downfall is sweets (of course) and midday gets hard for me to choose a healthy snack, I just get that craving for something sweet so instead of stopping and reaching for something healthy I just stay in that moment of gotta have something "junky" so any suggestions with that would be great.

GM Ladies-
yesterday was a tabata-esque weight workout followed by 3 rounds of tabata drills. (8 rounds 6 reps format)
Chest-4 sets of pushups/4sets of kb chest press
squats
back-2 sets of pullups, 5 sets of double kb row, 1 sets kb pullovers
deadlift
shoulders-4 sets of clean and press, 2 sets of snatches, 2 sets of high pulls
bulgarian split squats-4 sets per leg
bi/tri combo-4sets kb curls, 4 sets of kb tri ext

then 4 min treadmill, 4 min jump rope, 4 min ropes gone wild. Time was aobut 45 min.

Cheryl-I am a bit hesitant to start counting calories b/c I was becoming a bit too obsessed w/ that and just food in general. I can tell you I have been loosely following the Core program from weight watchers which always seems to work for me. It basically lets you eat endless amounts of fruits, veggies, lean meat, grains (not potatoes, pasta, or rice-you get one of those a day), and fat free dairy. You also get weekly points (35) and activity points. I have been adding healthy fats in at meals b/c it seems to satiate me more.
At the moment, I am trying to just stop thinking about food so much, so that is why I (personally) am a bit leary of counting calories. I know I will have to tighten up eventually but I had to stop the madness :p I will be happy to post my eats or something like that, let me know your thoughts (as well as all other maniacs)

Roselyn-I have read that coconut oil decreases sugar cravings, so I started adding a T to my morning smoothie. I have not been raiding the office candy jar. Also the peanut butter protein balls really knock my sweet cravings down.

Theresa - I COMPLETELY understand what you mean about calorie counting. :eek: I also like the Core Program from WW and follow many of the guidelines. I think we should do whatever "method(s)" work for each of us, but more or less just do the challenge to be "accountable" to someone/everyone. I think I will be less inclined to sit down with a bag of M&M's if I have to post that. :eek:

Also, I am going to try to just "eat clean" as much as possible. I ALWAYS allow myself one "treat" per day - usually dark chocolate, but I will try to avoid the second, third, tenth treat!! :rolleyes:

Have a great day!!

Cheryl

Cheryl-agrred and sorry, I didn't mean to describe something you knew about-bad habit. So, what will we do in terms of accountability? Post eats, weights, measurements? Or could we establish goals for ourselves and post whether or not we met them each day?
Sorry-I also have a tendency to overthink things and get a bit rigid :) working on that too.

Theresa - LOL - You are a maniac!! :p I think we can just set goals for ourselves according to what "works" for each of us. I don't think I will post all of my food because I track on Spark People, but I will keep track of protein/carbs/cals etc and set a goal for these each day. I know I will have one "cheat meal" per week - gotta have pizza and cosmos to look forward to!! :cool:

I am going to start today (because I really need to), and so far I have already had my "treat", but only had a small amount of M&M's. ;)

Have a great day and I'll try to check back later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Cheryl

Today was Meso 2, Week 3, Disc 17, Legs. This was Trisets again and I upped my weights a bit this time. I really felt it by the 3rd triset. I ran out of gas on this one, and was sweating a lot.

TRISET #1
Lateral Step-Ups - 20#/10 reps each leg
Side-Slide Lunges - 15#/10 reps each leg
One-Leg Sit & Stands - 15#/10 reps each leg
***I just did not like this triset. I hate the Sit & Stands. I can't do them with one leg out and one leg pushing up. I just have no balance to do them that way. Anyways, 3 rounds of this with 1 minute rest between each triset.

TRISET #2
Static Lunges - 20's/10 reps each leg
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 35#/10 reps
One-Leg Slide Back Lunges - 15's/10 reps each leg
3 rounds of this with 1 minute rest between each triset.

TRISET #3
Narrow Stance Squats - 30's/10 reps
45 Degree Lunge - 15's/10 reps each leg
One-Leg Sit & Slides - 12#/10 reps each leg
3 rounds of this with 1 minute rest between each triset.

Didn't care much for this workout today. I didn't like the exercises and how they were put together. Maybe I'm just getting sick of endurance leg training. I've decided to do the Squat Rack workouts with Meso 3. Looking forward to it!

I haven't had time to read the rest of yesterday's posts and this mornings. Our power went out here at work - just what we freakin' need! So I'll try to read up as soon as I can and make my comments.

Good morning -

You guys sound really good. Great workouts and sane thoughts about health and eating. For some reason, I remembered these magazines I'd pick up in my early teens with 500 calorie a day diets in them and 'workout' routines involving a handful of floorwork exercises to spot reduce. We have come a long way :D I think I do need a pep talk, Cheryl ;) - Indirectly got that from reading about how positive and goal-oriented you guys are being. Very refreshing.

Debbie - That is one tough thing about STS - getting tired of the type of workout (endurance, etc.). Like you said with legs, even though Meso 2 is different than 1, tri-sets surely count as endurance. I remember hitting mini "burn-outs" during the cycles - feeling just sort of ... ugghh. Especially when I did the 5 1/2 month program :eek: I usually had one week from each of the Meso's that was my least (and most) favorite. Not sure why that was. Looks like you had a good workout though - even though you didn't so much enjoy it.

I did get The Viper in last night. Late start, so I didn't get done until after 11:30 p.m. :p
It felt really good though. Very surprised because I was tired, grumpy, hadn't eaten, kinda crampy ... turns out that all this made for a great workout :confused: Go figure. My stamina is wonky like that. Maybe had a lot of negative energy to burn off? Who knows. Anyway. Need to keep it low impact for a couple days. The mucles in my feet are achey. I notice it much less when I'm wearing my tennies. B. Blanks has a workout from his older Ultimate series: Lower Body. It's very low impact, mostly kicking (woo hoo) and no long marching in place/chatting gaps. Thinking about that one and maybe the kb workout Theresa sent me :)D) later -- and soaking my feet.

Anyway - still in something of a funk. Working to get clearer with what's up with me. Finding it tough to even reach out and post anything right now. Isn't that odd?

Hope you all have a great day!

Lori

I finished my workout. I want to run to Beauty Brands and pick up some hair conditioner since they are having their litre sale. Figured it would be easier today since I do not have a house full of grandchildren. I messed up and did Fire 45 instead of EZ 45. I was wondering why the workout seemed the same as something I had done before
icon_lol.gif
And I was also thinking I didn't remember reading that it had 3 turbo fires intervals in it. I love the finales on these workouts:D
So, it was Turbo Fire 45, 45 minutes 352 calories burned Max HR 159.
I then did Pyramid upper body pyramid up premix skipping the w/u and stopping at the abs 24:42 minutes, 112 calories, I followed this with Turbo Fire Tone 30 minutes, 30:42 minutes 141 calories. I finished off with TF Stretch 40, 42 minutes 110 calories. I was going to do only the first 21 minutes which is yoga(most of the workout is yoga based) but kept going:D Workout was 2 hr 22 minutes and calories burned 700.

Diane Sue - WOW and Double WOW on your workout - 700 cals!!?! You are quite the maniac - even outdid yourself today!! :D

Lori - Pick yourself up- we NEED you!!!! :) I know what you mean about getting in a "funk". It happens to EVERYONE. I think it's hormones or the moon...or god only knows what, but just remember "this too shall pass". I tell myself that over and over again when I'm in that yucky place emotionally. I think making myself post and stay "connected" helps me...at least it seems that way. Take some time to pamper yourself and do something just for YOU!! :D Feel better........ ::::::::::hugs::::::::::
Oh, and if my post made me sound "healthy" or "emotionally sound" VERY COOL----- although probably not quite right. :eek: We are all "maniacs", right? That's why I butted into this group. :p

Have a great night everyone. I'm off to go home and try some belly dance workout I taped on Fit TV. I am NOT coordinated, so I'm sure it's going to resemble some type of epileptic seizure. :eek:

TTYL
Cheryl

I have been cleaning and doing outside stuff. My friend bought over the ceramics we did so I don't have to drive the 20 miles to get our projects:D This was a plus.

Lor, I agree with Cheryl. I look forward to your posts. Just drag yourself back up and do those workouts. You will feel better for it:D Good Job on the Viper. That workout is no walk in the park:)

Debbie, I know how you feel. I got to where I looked at the workouts trying to remember which ones I did not enjoy as much. I probably should have done the ones I didn't enjoy LOL Might have done me some good. Looks like a great workout to me. But I do understand the feeling good about the Squat Rack workout. I enjoy Slow Heavy Workouts so much more. But keep dragging through endurance workouts.

Theresa, sometimes counting calories can be counter productive because we tend to start obsessing about calories and food. You have to find what works for you since we are all individuals. I think I have read way to many diet and nutrition books. I end up gathering a little of this and a little of that and making it my own.

Cheryl, it looks like you got a good workout in. Maybe it is sodium and not calories?? That happens to me a lot and slows me down. I recorded a belly dance workout off Fit TV not too long ago. Was sort of fun:) wouldn't have wanted anyone watching me though LOL

Last edited:
Cheryl and Diane Sue - Thank you :D Your words meant a lot to me. Needed the hug too ;) This check-in really is valuable to me. You've become important, special friends. I realized how much this was so when my computer was down. Maybe I caught its virus :confused: Just sort of freezing up over any number of things. How far could I go with THIS analogy? Need to be re-programmed, have my memory cleaned out (or whatever those computer guru's do {?} ). But. I don't much like the metaphor's that compare people to machine's. They work up to a point, but generally I think we deserve better and it's not so much re-programming as making peace with oneself and finding more ... helpful ways of thinking. Oh listen to me. I do go on. The posts did sound healthy today, though. Still at maniac status, don't get me wrong. You guys are all a bunch of Energizer Bunnies. It's the way you so honestly and frankly are talking about the food issues. I appreciate that. In a lot of instances, I think we're almost taught that it's appropriate to wage war against our own bodies to get them to conform to a certain ideal. It just seems like there's some work going on here to find a way to be hardcore AND befriend our own humanness. I've been working on that (on and off) for a long time and am not always honest with myself about how well I'm doing. So I've appreciated the openness and willingness to talk about all this stuff - very much.

My workout today was the 2nd half of the Viper (again) and B. Blanks Ultimate Lower Body. I like that one. Lots of kicking and not much else. It went really fast. I may do some stretching later and REALLY need to avoid any impact for the next couple days. MY FEET HURT. Probably time for some new shoes. A friend suggested that earlier ;) . Sometimes I need help with the obvious. Oh. Also, I too have a belly dance workout, too :p . I think I picked it up at Walmart years ago (I just went to check): Veena and Neena (they are twins) - Basic Moves. I'm just laughing now. I think I tried it once and felt like a dork. It IS low impact, though (one would hope). Thanks for the inspiration. I may just try it in the next couple of days when I'm sure DS isn't around (he'd likely rupture something laughing at me). I don't even think I'd want the cats to watch :confused:

Ok. Need to go walk Skyler. Have a good evening.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.