HARDCORE CHECK IN TUES 05-11

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

I didn't have time to post yesterday, but it took me quite a while to catch up on all of the posts. I will have to post personals later, but I just wanted to stop in and say "hello" to everyone.

I started part 2 of the "Get Ready for Summer 2010" rotation, which Debbie was kind enough to post. :D

I am doing most of the suggested workouts, although I have to change the days around a little. I will be doing Total Body on Mon., Cardio Tues, Circuit Wed., Cardio Thurs, Legs Fri., and Cardio/bonus upper body on Sat. I was going to try to keep the rotation "as is", although I don't have everything I need for my total body workout unless I am at home (which I am on Mon.). Also, unfortunately I will have to substitute the STS legs for this rotation :(because I share STS with my neighbor and don't think it would be appropriate to take her DVD's for several days or a week at a time when I'm at camp. Anyway, I hope to get my own STS next fall, but for now I will sub with GS Legs, B&G and L&G for this rotation.

Yesterday I did Drill Max Total Body Premix and today was Body Max 2 Cardio blast premix - both were pretty difficult!! Also, last night I worked like crazy at camp cleaning and putting things away and took the dogs for a nice long walk.

That's all for now. I have another busy work week and hope to get some 'puter time later to chat with everyone.

Have a great day!
Cheryl :)

Today was total body and I did Drill Max Total Body premix. Pretty fun premix, but more functional then endurance lifting. Got great burns with most exercises and I had to stop and rest with a lot of them. Just not use to this kind of workout.

I am so sick of being cold. This weather is just ridiculous. It's raining today and only in the 50's. Where the heck did the 70's and 80's go?

Cheryl- Hello back at ya' :D I don't think there is any problem w/ subbing and good work so far. It sounds like you will be quite busy getting stuff set up, when do you open?

Debbie-nice work. Drill max is no walk in the park. I have not done that premix yet, I may need to check it out.

I did Muscle Max timesaver premix yesterday and matched Cathe's weight on every exercise except bicep bb curls. This is the first time that have EVER happened :eek: Workout was 47 min and I burned 590 calories. I had been forgetting to take the BCAAs post workout, and WOW what a difference it makes when I remember. I am WAY less sore than I thought I would be especially w/t he way my legs were shaking.

Good Morning -

Planning to do The Viper today :eek: . I am hoping to stomp that little cuss but good. Took a rest day yesterday. Probably really needed it.

Theresa - Can't beat Mucle Max. It's put together so well. That's a great cal burn too :D! Btw, I read an article not very long ago that recommended combining glou/chon with a fish oil supplement. I wish I could remember where for sure. I think Ironman Magazine. I'm not sure about the study's credibility (of course), but it suggested that the two supplements enhanced each other's effectiveness. Or more specifically that the fish oil augmented the G/C. I started taking both awhile back anyway. I'll see if I can find the article.

Cheryl - Good to hear from you. I figured you had gotten busy. Sometimes you just have to adjust things to make them work for you. It's a good thing you're flexible and willing/able to do that. Hope you get some down time today :D .

Debbie - I'm with you about the weather. It's been the same way here :mad: It really hasn't felt much like spring at all yet. I keep wanting to get out and work in the yard. Last weekend marked the official "safe to plant" date (according to the ancient wisdom of farmer's in this region), but it's been alternately cold or windy or soggy :confused: .

Have a good morning everyone.

Lori

Cheryl - I think the way you have your rotation worked out should be good. I'm glad you are able to follow it even with all the moving around you do during the week.

Theresa - Nice going matching Cathe's weight with MM. That is a tough workout, but I love it. Also, I just ordered that glucosomine. Hope it helps! Thanks for the link.

Lori - Have fun with the Viper today! :eek:

Hi to Linda, Diane Sue, Lora, Char, Hermia and Roselyn!

Last edited:
Cheryl - Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Theresa
- WTG on matching Cathe's weights in MM!

Debbie
- I've never done that Drill Max premix, sounds interesting. ITA on the cold, I want the warm weather back!

Lori - Good Luck with Viper! Have to admit It's not a dvd I reach for often.:eek:

This morning I did HiiT 30/30. That one sure does sneak up on you!

Debbie-OOOhhh good. I hope the gluco helps :) I should add that I take a fish oil supp. also. I cannot remember if I said that yesterday or not, I have been very foggy lately from the allergy meds :rolleyes:

Linda-30/30 does sneak up. I hate about how it's easy compared to the others, I don't think it's any easier than the others.

Lori-good luck on the Viper :eek:

I swear I posted earlier and did personals:confused: I must be losing my mind. I have to leave again in a few minutes. No telling what happened. I have had Olivia climbing all over me this morning. Makes it hard to type.
I will try to get back in awhile for personals.

I did Amy's Kickbox Surge 74 mintes and burned 520 calories. Ma HR was 160. I didn't have much time but got in 10 minutes of Jillian's Yoga Meltdownworkout 2 and burned 42 calories. This one is interesting as it is yoga but she calls it a hybrid. She does a lot of movement in the poses. I think I am going to like it though. There are two workouts and each one is 30 minutes. Workout time was 84 minutes and calories burned was 562 minutes.

Debbie - I took Krill Oil for the reasons you mentioned and never had any issues with it.

Theresa
- Oh thank goodness, I thought I was alone. I get so annoyed when Cathe says that about 30/30. I was thinking this morning did she have to record that remark on the actual workout so that I have to hear it each and every single time a do it. It's like she's telling me I am not working hard enough.

Debbie-Optimum Nutrition makes an enteric coated fish oil capsule that does NOT have those side effects. It is set to dissolve in the small intestine so you don't burp or have any fish aftertaste. I think Sam's carries a brand similar as well, if you are a member there. Just a thought, I really am not a supplement pusher :D but I think those two (the gluco supp and the fish oil make a big difference)

Diane Sue-nice work. I think Surge is by far one of my faves :) I looked at the yoga meltdown, but I am not entirely convinced I need it :)

Linda-I think all the HIIT's are nuts. However, I did a plyo workout on my own using the 30/30 and it didn't seem as bad as the videos.....I think it's b/c they high five all the time and don't even look winded, I find it annoying :D

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I finally have a few minutes to post- whew, what a crazy past several days!:)

Linda - I just LOVE the HIIT workouts. I was surprised at how hard they were, even considering the shorter length. I like to throw one in sometimes when I have extra energy (although that's not often as of late:().

Theresa - I have never been able to match Cathe's weights completely on MM!! Good for you!! I also take fish oil supplements - good for your heart and your brain!! Oh...what are "BCAAs"???

Lori - Good luck with the Viper today. That's one I don't have, but REALLY would like to get. I hope the weather gets better - it's been yucky here too!!

Debbie - Ditto on the weather - it's lousy!! I wanted to thank you again for the GREAT rotation - AGAIN!! LOL. I am really looking foward to the next few weeks and definitely HAVE to get in all of my workouts - no matter where I am. Also, I find that I am much more active at camp with hiking, biking, swimming (not yet :(), running, and just basically "doing stuff". I have dropped about 5 lbs over the past 6 weeks, and I have you to thank for the last 4 week rotation. :) Thanks again and I hope you have a great day!

Diane Sue - Do you like Amy's Kickbox Surge? I was thinking about ordering that a while ago, but I can't remember why I decided not to.....Anyway, it sounds like you have been busy with the children. :) Have a great day!

Ok..."hello" to anyone who I missed. I'm off to get some work done and then to camp for some last minute cleaning and painting. I hope we will be opening "officially" this weekend or next, but the weather has not been very cooperative.

Cheryl

Last edited:
Cheryl-BCAA's are branched chain amino acid. They are great to take before and after workouts to aid in recovery. Usually the dose range is anywhere from 3-5 grams on workout day (cardio or weights). They have pill form or several brands of powder (Scivation Xtend) that you can drink w/ water before and after your workout. I used to take beta alanine but it made me really itchy.

Last edited:
Wow. You all wished me luck on the Viper. Thank you! Needed it. It is done but my stomach was giving me ...trouble. Had to take a few bathroom breaks :confused: I had salad the last couple days - wonder if that's why? I really thought about not finishing but ... I just had to. Certainly added an extra (unneeded) challenge.

Theresa and Linda - 30/30 is tough -- I agree. I think for me, she says it's "a little bit easier" RIGHT BEFORE it kicks in and slams me :confused:

Diane Sue - I like Kickbox Surge, too. I think I did it too much when I first got it and started burning out on it. I put it in this month's rotation though, because it's been awhile (I can't remember when). Your workout looked great today:D My new yoga DVD should be here any day and I'd like to start adding some on to the end of my workouts, too.

Cheryl - I really like The Terminator DVD. I think The Viper is my favorite. It's got a nice (aka tough) blend of a little bit of everything. Today, it was just ... "ugghh." Hope the weather improves - for all of us. It's quite something, huh?

Debbie - Thanks, and maybe next time The Viper will be "fun (I vaguely remember thinking it was, in the past :confused: )." Today, I'm just relieved that I survived. I am actually shivering a little right now as I sit here -- not digging having November in May :mad:

Hope everyone else is doing well and has a good day.

Lori

Hi everyone! those of you with the cold weather should come to southern California. We aren't totally cooking yet, but it's definitely warmer than the 50's!

Those BCAAs sound interesting...I wonder if they would help my fiance. He works out with a trainer twice a week and he's supposed to do his eliptical on his own most other days for cardio, but he's sore for days after a training session. It seems a bit excessive.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I had fun with my mom. We got a couple activities in, so my week wasn't as pathetic workout-wise. We went to yoga class on Saturday and although we went to a level 1 since it was mom's first time in a yoga class, there was more to the class than I expected, and I did some harder modifications and it ended up being a pretty good session. On Sunday we went for a hike, too...nothing super strenuous, but still, it was nice. Mom likes to hike, and this hike had a good view of the ocean, so that made it nicer.

Yesterday I did the first half of Tracey's Step Sweatfest and then hamstring roll-ins and glute squeezes from Butts and Guts. No workout yet today...I need to get some school stuff and laundry done first.

Lori - Good Job getting through Viper with the extra challenge.

Cheryl
- The way you run around sounds like you have tons of extra energy!
:D

Theresa
- It annoys me that they stand around between the intervals. MOVE!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.