Hardcore Check-In Sunday, April 11

Not sure if anyone will be around today ...

I did get my leg workout "finished (weird all day project but I'm ok with that)." Skyler got her walk and I'm sore this morning. Nice surprise and due, at least in part, to this being my first workout after a week + recovery. I rarely, RARELY get leg dom's, though -- even when I was really pushing in STS, so YAY :) !

Back/Chest and ss cardio today. I really don't count Skyler's walks as exercise. It's just something I do for a good friend. They're pretty long - at least 45 minutes - but much of that time is letting her "sniff." I've heard that a Beagle's sense of smell is something like a million times stronger than ours. Much of her world comes to her through her nose, so I try to let her take it in ... patiently :rolleyes: .

Also cleaning and studying today. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Lori

Yay for leg doms Lori :) Have a good workout today. I got sidelined by wicked cramps and zero motivation. I may try a stretch later....we shall see.

To answer your question from yesterday, the ropes are on the AOS website. They just came out w/ a DVd specifically for the ropes. It is a nice form of non impact cardio :)

Finished back and chest - started with Power Hour segments - added on pull ups, traveling push-ups w/ renegade rows, iron crosses, turkish get-ups and windmills. Not tons of reps for any of the add-ons. Did as many as I could but was also still working on learning proper form for some of those. I saw a breakdown for the get-ups on a M. O. S. that was really helpful. Need to attend to some drudgery (at least I have a great attitude about it :confused: ). Cardio later this evening.

Theresa - Cramps can be horrible. I get awful ones sometimes and they'd take the "motivation" out of anyone. Hope they end soon and you have a good day. The ropes look like quite something. Fun, but very tough (oh yah - that's supposed to be the same thing ;) ). Looks like they'd almost be unmanageable if one had tiny hands (I do not - at all). I can see why your heart rate got up there though :eek: .

Lori

Hey everyone,

hope you all are having a good Sunday. Yay on the leg doms, Lori; that's especially cool if you don't get them that often. I usually get them if I do too much Butts and Guts, lol.

Theresa, sorry about the evil cramps...they can make it tough, for sure.

Well, I haven't gotten in anything today...maybe later, but I'm not sure. Yesterday was yoga class (as was Thursday), and Friday I did stability ball abs from Butts and Guts and then my own leg mix-match for about half an hour.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.