Hardcore check in Sept 28,2010 Tues

WD

Cathlete
I got up at 4:30 so had to get my cardio & core in with limited time. I started with MMA Fusion no stretch 41 min 277 calories max HR 152. I then did Shock Cardio Cardio Core Circuit Express 34 Min
240 calories max HR 158. Total time 75 min Calories 517

Today was cardio and I really really wanted to do one of my hour mixes from Cardio Coach workouts that I put together. Felt great and haven't had any tightness in my hip flexor or inner thigh. So I start with the 2 - 8 minute treks and within the first 4 minutes of it, the tightness is there.

:mad:

Talk about pissed off. I just don't understand this. How can this keep happening after almost a year of not doing my treadmill? And then some days when I do the 30 min. Cardio Coach workouts, I'm fine.

I was determined to finish those two 8 minute treks and I did. I jogged at about a 4.3 which ended up being around an 18 minute mile. So it was slow but I did it. Then I just stayed on my treadmill and did some hill climbs and then got bored with that and started jogging for about 2 minutes at a time. The tightness was with me through the entire hour but by god, I finished the hour.

Really really frustrating. I don't understand why I'm having this problem at all. I never pulled that muscle or injured it. It's just very baffling to me.

Ok, enough of the pity party. These are my cardio stats:

CARDIO STATS:
60 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
28 minutes in zone
25 minutes above zone
475 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

Hi!

Debbie - That just plain sucks!! Congrats on making it through the hour though!

Diane Sue - Nice workout!! I see you are getting up early more often. :D

Today was Boot Camp - nice workout! I have a very busy day again at work, but will try to check back later this afternoon.

Happy workouts!

Cheryl

Morning guys:)

I wish I could report a workout for lasts night, but, I can’t. I got ready, went in the basement……make a long story short, I talked myself out of it, CRAZY I know, but, I didn’t have it in me, altho, I am NOT one for evening workouts, but, I will do….. my strength and my mind set just isn’t there yet……… :confused:

This morning, brought back CC Candaces and did 10 minutes of abs. May I be truthful? Re-training myself to get back to what I was a year ago isn’t easy, even getting up early, is so hard. I set alarm for 4:30am and when it goes off, will get up, then back in bed, guys, I have gotten really LAZY, and I know it is going to take me some time before I can bounces back. But, I am determine “Not” too give up, it ain’t happening;)

One thing I find that gives me joy and renewed strength is being able to posts a workout on my calendar when I get to work. Believe it or not, just posting a workout gives me (((everything))) to strive for:D

Debbie: You not having great results, you workout like crazy and so consistent. But, I do know diet is everything. I ate a slice of cheese pie :mad:right before bed, matter of fact, ate it while watching the new series Lone Star. Your rotation is awesome.

Diane: Thank you :)

And too everyone else, Hello:) I better get to work, ttyl

Last edited:
Good Morning -

Cheryl - Nice job on Bootcamp. That's a fun one. Saw your post yesterday (after mine). Moving is tough. Helps when it’s a move you’re excited about though. I think you’re doing really well holding steady -- especially with all that you have going on (end of camping season, waiting to hear for sure about the house, regular responsibilities) :)

Hermia - Glad you’re still finding yoga classes you really like. Must be a very good studio.

Teddy - Appreciate your sharing so frankly. I can identify with those rough spots where it's just ... tough. You're doing it though :) - and I don't know why, but my bed almost ALWAYS feels best to me right before I have to get out of it :confused: . It's kind of a system shock to go from 'comfy' to 'hardcore' first thing in the morning. Well done this A.M.

Diane Sue - Good choices this morning. Those are among my favorites from Shock Cardio :)

Debbie - :mad: and $&@! I'd be really ticked/frustrated and ... baffled. But with all that, you pushed through and it looks like you had a good workout (stat-wise). So it's 'tightness' but not really 'pain' and only with the treadmill? Just shaking my head. Very odd - impressed that you pushed through though, and hope it doesn't bother you the rest of the day. About the rotation: I probably will just sub in some other leg work (like you said). I think I especially like (in a twisted sort of way) the 25 rep burn out set on the heavy weeks. Think I’ll start it sometime in October ;)

Linda - Been thinking about you. Hope you’re doing ok

Yesterday I did 4DS back and chest -- also 2 tabata rounds of all out sprints on my bike and one on the elliptical. Those were tough. I had 8 total rounds planned but ... I was pooped and my throat/ears were/are HURTING. I was also chilling some. Didn’t take my temp but it was a warm day so I wonder if I had a fever. Today, they're still sore but I don't feel awful - just run down a little (though that's a typical morning feeling). I don't know. I have Leaner legs scheduled and Budokon (if I’m not feeling sick) tonight. Sometimes it’s hard to do that in the evening. It isn’t an easy, relaxing workout. Flow and Flexibility is pretty mellow (comparably), but I want to spend more time on Power and Agility or awhile. May settle for some lighter cardio and get the Budokon in later this week. Could this be allergies? Haven't had any issues with them yet this season, so for them to be kicking in now seems kind of unlikely.

Anyway - Hi to everyone else and have good day/workout.

Lori

Diane Sue-that is a nice cardio combo...and sheesh, you were up early :eek: You are my hero!

Debbie-I am telling you, sitting at desks for work is causing all kinds of muscle imbalances. Do you stretch your hip flexors often? Rachel Cosgrove talked about shortened hip flexors in her book, it made quite a bit of sense. I don't know if that is it or not, but just throwing an idea out there. I am sorry you are so frustrated and rightly so :(

Teddygirl-I could easily talk myself out of getting up early to workout, hence the reason I work out in the p.m. You may try baby steps on getting back to your former habits from a year ago. Maybe you could aim to just get out 10 minutes earlier than you do now until that is habit and then add to it. It can be very daunting to try and go back full steam ahead. Don't be too hard on yourself :)

Lori-sorry you weren't feeling well, that is sort of how I felt all last week, but mine would go away from about 3-5. With the cooler temps, the allergies have backed off a bit....or I just became bionic and resistent to them :D Nice workout and I hope you feel great today

Cheryl-LOVE bootcamp :) Way to get that workout under your belt this morning.

Yesterday I did TRX Total Body Blast and a 6 min kettlebell finisher. It was the perfect length workout and I am nice and sore today :) I am still suprised how much it gets in there....especially the ab work. Holy night :eek: Cardio is on tap today and I really want to try the new Peak 10. I previewed it and it looks fantastic...TTYL
Oh and just a quick thing I picked up. I read that drinking hot water helps to open the lymphatic system and get rid of toxins. I tried it yesterday and I must say, I had quite a bit more energy and I visisted the restroom more....not sure if it was placebo or not.....

Last edited:
I am back from taking the girls to school. I have to go back out in awhile to do a couple of errands and pick up the grandchildren from school. My grandson has a football game at 8. Not sure if I can handle that or not with getting up so early and my allergies acting up:rolleyes:

Debbie, have you tried doing some foam rolling and stretching before you really get into the treadmill work. Maybe that would help loosen it up. I am sorry you are still having problems.

Cheryl, I have to get up early on the days I take children to school. If I tried waiting till afterward I would not get much done before I had to turn around and go back out. I have also found that it is much easier working out withouth my little training partner. Not that I don't love having her workout;) I guess you mean the Bootcamp from the ME/Bootcamp dvd? Good workout.

Teddy, sometimes it just takes a little bit to change up those habits. I was enjoying sleeping till 6 during the summer. It is taking some work to get going in the morning. Less coffee time before the workouts too. This morning I really did contemplate the couch.

Aw…….you guys are to kind :rolleyes: I appreciate it, “MUCH” :)

One thing that I discovered today, on my way home from work yesterday, stopped at GNC, to get some protein mix and vitamins (I’m waiting on my BSN order, hopefully today) argh....Any who, I ended up buying two package of, I believe it is called Muscle Mass Protein Meal, taste is really good, but, it has mega calories in one packet:cool:

After my w/o this morn, I mixed it with my green smoothie, 1/2c baby spinach, 1/2c coconut milk, tbsp of green superfood, crushed ices, 1 pack of splenda and I used 1/2 of package from MMPM, it was good, held my appetite for hours I just finished eating my breakfast, which was 2 egg whites and 1 packet of grits, just thought I share;)

Debbie: hope you feel better, you do stretch, right?

awesome work outs, ^5 to you all:)

Diane Sue - Wow, you got up early today!! Nice job with the cardio and calorie burn. I have done the foam rolling afterwards and it helps a great deal. Maybe I should do it before I get on my treadmill like you suggest. I may try that next time and see how it goes. I just don't understand this at all. Could it be my shoes??? I just got new ones not too long ago, but I didn't spend a lot of money on them and they aren't as good as my other shoes. I wonder if I should splurge and get me a good pair of running shoes?

Cheryl - Nice job with Bootcamp. That is a fun workout. I need to pull that one out again.

Teddygirl - You'll get there, just keep at it. There are days when we just need to rest, especially when you start a training program back up again. Just keep at it and keep posting here. We'll keep you accountable! ;) Oh, and I had warm chocolate pudding w/fat free whip cream last night! Bad me!!! Truth be told, that's why I stayed on my treadmill for an hour this morning! LOL!

Lori - Yes, the muscle that runs right between my inner thigh and my crotch (sorry!) is what gets tight. It runs down into my inner thigh but not as far down as my knee. And eventually it does start getting painful. I have to stop and walk slow with no incline to make it go away, or get off my treadmill and stretch it out. It's not hurting now at all, just a little tightness and that's it.

Theresa - I stretch it out ALOT. Even when I work my upper body, I always stretch my hip flexors. I stretch them in the evenings while watching TV. It seems to have helped but this morning not so much. Interesting about the hot water. I don't think I could just drink plain hot water, though. Does coffee count? :D Glad you are sore from your kettlebell workout. And very cool about your abs being sore!

Debbie, I bought brand new expensive pair of Nike Running shoes recently and everytime I would get on the treadmill I would find myself trying to walk at different angles to avoid. Then I picked up a pair of Reebok running shoes which were about 1/3 less at Dillards just for everyday and they were so comfortable that I started using them. Also just bought some crosstrainers and ordered some footminder inserts and they did away with the metatarsal foot problems I was having. I will say they were uncomfortable at first but once I wore them for about a week and a half I adjusted to them. They guarantee there inserts and sent a note saying to give them some time before sending them back. They are supposed to help with alignment. I bought shoes that I could remove the insoles from but I found that they were fine left in. They had a good deal where I got free shipping and a discount if I ordered two pair. So I use one for the workout shoes and one for the everyday shoes.
http://www.footminders.com/orthotics-for-sports-active-footwear.html

Debbie, I bought brand new expensive pair of Nike Running shoes recently and everytime I would get on the treadmill I would find myself trying to walk at different angles to avoid. Then I picked up a pair of Reebok running shoes which were about 1/3 less at Dillards just for everyday and they were so comfortable that I started using them. Also just bought some crosstrainers and ordered some footminder inserts and they did away with the metatarsal foot problems I was having. I will say they were uncomfortable at first but once I wore them for about a week and a half I adjusted to them. They guarantee there inserts and sent a note saying to give them some time before sending them back. They are supposed to help with alignment. I bought shoes that I could remove the insoles from but I found that they were fine left in. They had a good deal where I got free shipping and a discount if I ordered two pair. So I use one for the workout shoes and one for the everyday shoes.
http://www.footminders.com/orthotics-for-sports-active-footwear.html

Thanks for the link, Diane. I use inserts in all my shoes because I am flat footed. I'm wondering if I need a new one of those instead of shoes? I may go buy some this weekend and see that helps. I usually buy Spenco brand, they are the best I've found to date. I hope Drug Mart still carries them. They are expensive, but well worth the cost.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.