Hardcore Check in October 16,2010 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get us started. I am going to go do some cardio and yoga today. I can feel yesterday's Muscle Max and Push/Pull mish mosh:D My grandson has a football game at noon so I need to get started.

Hermia, that is great that the evening class is done. I bet it gives you some relief:D I want Cathe's new workouts and will get them but I am waiting till they come out. I have two that I want more than the others but I know I will enjoy all of them. Cathe puts out good effective workouts.

Today was Shoulders & Traps and I had a great workout! I woke up with a bad headache but took some ibuprofin and felt better. By the time I started my workout and cranked my music I was ready to go. In fact, I didn't want to stop so I did some ab work too!

2 minutes rest between each exercise except when I went to the 15 rep sets. Went right into it after the 3rd set!

SHOULDERS:
Overhead Barbell Press - 35#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Overhead Barbell Press - 57#/6 reps - 3 sets
Overhead Barbell Press - 43#/15 reps
***This one went well and 43# for 15 reps was perfect. Up 2# with the 6 rep sets.

Upright Rows - 55#/6 reps - 3 sets
Upright Rows - 41#/15 reps
***Up 5# for the 6 rep sets. Felt great!

Seated Lateral Raise - 15's/6 reps - 3 sets
Seated Lateral Raise - 11's/15 reps
***15's sort of hurt my right shoulder a bit. After the 1st set I was ok. 11's killed with the 15 reps! Up 3# with the 6 rep sets.

Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise - 20's/6 reps - 3 sets
Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise - 15's/15 reps
***Really felt these at 20#. Up 5# for the 6 rep sets.

TRAPS:
Today was Shoulders & Traps and I had a great workout! Had a little pain in my right shoulder but it's ok now.

Got this ab work from the November, 2010 issue of Oxygen on page 118. Was a pretty good routine but my low back is talking to me right now. I'm hoping it doesn't do anything bad in a few hours.

ABS:
Stability Ball Weighted Crunch - 8#/15 reps
Standing Torso Rotation - 10#/12 reps each side
Seated Medicine Ball Knee Tuck - 8#/15 reps
Weight Plate Decline Bench Crunch - 10#/15 reps
Diagonal Medicine Ball Woodchop - 8#/12 reps each side
***Did this all the way through twice with a 1 minute rest between each set. Really felt the Standing Toroso Rotation, that on was way cool.

That is all...

Amish country was a blast but was very crowded. Weather was beautiful with sunshine and blue sky with a few intermittent rain drops. Couldn't have asked for a better day. :cloud9: Met up with another cousin and her hsuband for lunch so that was an added bonus! Walked a lot and I was so tired last night. Too much bad sweets, need to eat good today.

Good afternoon -

Debbie - Great workout. Well done in increasing the weights and glad your shoulder held up. Glad you had a good time in Amish Country :)

Hermia - So glad your schedule is lightening up a little. Hope that means we'll get to hear from you more :) I ended up ordering all 4 of Cathe's new one's too.

Diane Sue - Hope you enjoy the game (and your cardio :) ).

Yesterday I did an older Tae Bo. It was ok and about an hour long. Also did Brook Benten's Butt's and Guts (the 30 minute segment and abs), and finished with Keith Weber's TGU chapter. Today ... don't know. I think chest and/or triceps and some lighter cardio. Tomorrow I may do my first Insanity workout.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Lori

I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion Premix Mix and Max. I forgot how tough and loooong that one is:D 80 minutes 718 calories, 145 Avg HR 174 Max HR. I was a ball of sweat when I was done. Those last two Power Circuits I thought surely I had to be done!! I didn't get in the yoga. I had to get showered and off to my grandson's football game.

Debbie, it sounds like you had a nice time yesterday. I am glad to hear the headache let up and you got in a great workout:D I started with one this morning but it let up once I got going.

Lori, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on Insanity when you start:D I really like doing Brook Benton's Butts and Guts. Nice mix of workouts.

Today was TF 60 and TF 20 abs for me. Next week I am going to start Mesocycle 3 of STS.

Diane Sue, I may have to do that cardio one day next week it has been awhile

Have a great weekend everyone.

Eats today were
Post workout 2 packets of fruit snacks from the goody jar:confused:
Lunch turkey with some salsa and a protein coffee mix
Dinner Eat Clean Cookbook Zesty Spinach soup ( I used some defatted turkey broth form turkey I roasted this week, homemade salsa that my grandson made heavy on the garlic in place of the garlic and part of the tomatoes. It was even better than the other times I have made it:D
I am sure I will have a protein snack before bed tonight

Roselyn, I was considering TF 60 but am glad I did the workout that I did. It seems funny as I go through some of the other workouts that these so called tough workouts don't seem so tough in comparison . But I do like having all of the choices and things to cross train with.

Hi everyone =)

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday.

Debbie, Amish country sounds nice, and especially getting to meet up with your cousin! Glad you had a good time.

Today's workout was one I haven't done in a while, Amy's Slo Mo. I did the legs 2 sets only premix, but I just went through five out of 7 exercises. Then I did the toe pulls, inner thigh squeezes on the ball, and verticle outer thigh extensions from Gym Style Legs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.