Hardcore Check in May 9,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought that I would get this started. I am going to do some cardio and stretching. I feel a little stiff this morning and my neck is sore. Then I am back to packing. It will be interesting closing on two houses and them moving in as we are moving out. I had better get busy. I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Patti - Thanks for the recipe!

Shana - Funny you should mention the bars, as that was one of the recipes I had printed out before I posted the question. Those look great but I am worried about keeping them frozen until serving time, since I have to take them somewhere.

Today was Shoulders and my last day of Tabata. I have to admit I am ready to be done with this rotation, it takes a lot out of you mentally.:p

Today was Shoulders.

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Did extended Blasts from LIC for 2 minutes during rest between each exercise.

SHOULDER
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
16's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
**Lost a rep here this week.

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
11's - 8 sets/13-10 reps
***Up 1#

Lateral Raise:
11's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
** Up 1#

Bent Over Straight Arm Posterior Delt Raise:
(think Slow & Heavy)
11's - 8 sets/14-12 reps
** Up 1#
Dumbbell Shrugs:
26's - 8 sets/16-14 reps
**Up 1#

Then finished with the Bonus Cardio from BM2 twice, think timesaver premix, and then

Reverse Wrist Curls:
3's - 8 sets/14-12 reps

finishing with the stretch from BM2 as well. Workout was 1:11 hour and burned 518 calories.

Diane Sue - all the best on the packing and moving. You are going to need a vacation after this!!

Linda - congrats on finishing the rotation. You seem to have had amazing results - do you know what you are doing next?

I am about to have breakfast and then head out for my monster walk on the hills. :p

Today was cardio and I really kicked it! Total puke status workout. I haven't had a cardio workout like this since I started Tabata.

I chose Cardio Coach #8. Love this one, it is just fun and goes by so fast. I gave it my all with every challenge.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 min. total
2 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
548 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled

Really wanted a 600 calorie burn but I'd have to stay on my treamill for another 20 minutes. Didn't want to do that. I'm happy with these stats.

Linda - Congrats on finishing Tabata! That is definitely a rotation that you can only do about twice a year. Nice job!

Morning! I am doing NOTHING again today and loving it! Who am I? Anyway, Jeff and I decided to start Meso 2 tomorrow during the kids nap time so we can fuss around with the weights if we need to without worrying about timing in the morning. I'm excited. :) I want to see what I can bench! :p

Linda: Congratulations on finishing your rotation! Do you need another recipe or something else? I can look if you give me more of an idea of what you want.

Debbie: LOVE puke status cardio. :)

Shana: Enjoy your walk. I did a long walk last week and my shins hurt- funny how you use those muscles so much while walking but not in the other things I do all the time.

Diane Sue: Enjoy cardio! Packing and closing on houses is a lot of work.

My best friend has caught the home workout bug from me and is starting her DVD collection. It is so much fun to discuss it with her and spend her money! :p She just finished CLX and I know she'll worship Cathe. I told her to have a chat with her credit card.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's SMSB BootCamp followed by Leslie Walk & Kick dvd while jamming Papa Roach's Metamorpisis. I used hand weights to up the intensity and added some higher impact moves. Still have to be careful cuz of my hammy/inner thigh pull. Workout was 75" and I burned 630 calories.

I wish I had time to do yoga or stretch, as I'm really tight...but have to go into work this afternoon. Working the late shift again. I hope we are REAL busy...as business has been slow...especially with Mom's Day looming.

Diane Sue - I hate to move. When we moved into our current house, we literally had to move the guy out that was living here, as he was a bit of a loser and wouldn't move out. We ended up putting all of his stuff in the garage so we could move in. We had peeps waiting to move into our house. It was very stressful.....so I don't envy you! Good luck with everything. What sort of place are you moving into? a condo?

Deb - I'm starting to be a cardio hater! Never thought I'd say that.....but it's sort of getting that way!! Scares me a bit, but I think the fact I've been nursing this injury may have something to do with it.

Hi to everyone else and enjoy your Saturdays.

Ally - did you decide if you want Amy's Kickbox Surge, or should I get rid of it somewhere else?

I thought that I would get this started. I am going to do some cardio and stretching. I feel a little stiff this morning and my neck is sore. Then I am back to packing. It will be interesting closing on two houses and them moving in as we are moving out. I had better get busy. I hope all of you have a great weekend.
Diane Sue, When will you be moving, today? Looks like it will be very soon now. Keep us posted. Sorry about your neck being sore, I bet the stretching will help that.

Today was Shoulders and my last day of Tabata. I have to admit I am ready to be done with this rotation, it takes a lot out of you mentally.:p

Today was Shoulders.

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Did extended Blasts from LIC for 2 minutes during rest between each exercise.

SHOULDER
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
16's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
**Lost a rep here this week.

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
11's - 8 sets/13-10 reps
***Up 1#

Lateral Raise:
11's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
** Up 1#

Bent Over Straight Arm Posterior Delt Raise:
(think Slow & Heavy)
11's - 8 sets/14-12 reps
** Up 1#
Dumbbell Shrugs:
26's - 8 sets/16-14 reps
**Up 1#

Then finished with the Bonus Cardio from BM2 twice, think timesaver premix, and then

Reverse Wrist Curls:
3's - 8 sets/14-12 reps

finishing with the stretch from BM2 as well. Workout was 1:11 hour and burned 518 calories.

Linda, Eight sets! That's an incredible workout. Is this an Endurance workout? Debbie gave me a copy of hers that is on a spreadsheet. Wow! You both are amazing. But if you did blasts on your rest then you didn't get any rest at all. Phew! We haven't decided yet what to do after STS. It most likely will be Tabata or P90X, it's Joey's call since I wanted Cathe this time around.

Today was cardio and I really kicked it! Total puke status workout. I haven't had a cardio workout like this since I started Tabata.
I chose Cardio Coach #8. Love this one, it is just fun and goes by so fast. I gave it my all with every challenge.
HR STATS:
1 hr. 2 min. total
2 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
548 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled

Really wanted a 600 calorie burn but I'd have to stay on my treamill for another 20 minutes. Didn't want to do that. I'm happy with these stats

Debbie, Great workout. Must have really really worked hard for puke status.LOL:rolleyes: What will you be doing tomorrow?

Morning! I am doing NOTHING again today and loving it! Who am I? Anyway, Jeff and I decided to start Meso 2 tomorrow during the kids nap time so we can fuss around with the weights if we need to without worrying about timing in the morning. I'm excited. :) I want to see what I can bench! :p
My best friend has caught the home workout bug from me and is starting her DVD collection. It is so much fun to discuss it with her and spend her money! :p She just finished CLX and I know she'll worship Cathe. I told her to have a chat with her credit card.

Patti, I just finished Meso 2 a little more than a week ago. You'll love it and I bet you will press more than you think you can. Let us know. I bet it is so cool to be able to talk to other people (beside here) about Cathe workouts and what to get next. Good for her, I'm sure she will love it as well.

I'm off to do Meso 3 disk 25. Then will be planting lettuce in the garden.

Janie

Linda - congrats on finishing the rotation. You seem to have had amazing results - do you know what you are doing next?

Shana
- Thanks! No not sure what I am doing next. Char set me the rotation she's doing so gonna look that over and maybe check out a few magazines. Considering STS without the DVDs. But for next week I will probably just play around with my KBs, dying to try my new Amy DVD.:D

Linda - Congrats on finishing Tabata! That is definitely a rotation that you can only do about twice a year. Nice job!

Debbie
- Nice job on CC #8. Maybe now that hopefully I am done running between sets I can pull out a CC and try it again. I miss Sean:(!

Morning! I am doing NOTHING again today and loving it! Who am I?

Linda: Congratulations on finishing your rotation! Do you need another recipe or something else? I can look if you give me more of an idea of what you want.

Patti - Enjoy your rest! Must be nice to have your friend to talk with about workouts. I have to admit that none of my friends like to workout. They all think I am some kind of weirdo.:p Don't think I need a another recipe, not sure I am going yet. I just wanted to take something that I could eat without blowing my diet (saving that for tomorrow;)) while avoiding all the tempting treats there.

Linda, Eight sets! That's an incredible workout. Is this an Endurance workout? Debbie gave me a copy of hers that is on a spreadsheet. Wow! You both are amazing. But if you did blasts on your rest then you didn't get any rest at all. Phew! We haven't decided yet what to do after STS. It most likely will be Tabata or P90X, it's Joey's call since I wanted Cathe this time around.

Janie - Yes at eights sets with only 10 seconds between it is definitely an endurance workout! On a whole new level!:p And no I did not rest much during the workouts. But a lot of the time during the sets my HR would drop, especially during seated and lying exercises. So I ran & did blasts to keep my HR and get a higher calorie burn, as I am trying to lose some weight.:confused:

Whew - I am a sweaty, sweaty mess! Just got back from the walk. Wore the 10# vest and did CC#8 b/c it is the longest and it is hills. My walk here is about an hour so it was perfect. I wasn't back after the cool down but less than one song later, I was so I could not ask for better timing :) Burned 730 calories - Time was 1:08:31. Max HR was 180, Avg Hr was 159. Found some fun stats on the Polar that I never knew were there and wondered where you all got those. It said I burned 45% fat but I'm not sure what that means? How does it know? I'm an idiot about these things.

Decided since Joey will be traveling this month and most of next month to wait until he gets back home before we do Meso 3. Also there is a wedding and a shower to go to that are a few hours to get to and most likely will spend the night on those days as well. All this month. Not a good time to do Meso 3 yet. So, we did Gym Style Chest and Triceps today. Wheew! Cathe kicked our butts. We did OK though. I'm also planning a cardio later today. Have to lose some more weight. So far burned 556 calories. It felt like it too. I'm already sore from the rest week.

This morning I did David Kirsch's SMSB BootCamp followed by Leslie Walk & Kick dvd while jamming Papa Roach's Metamorpisis. I used hand weights to up the intensity and added some higher impact moves. Still have to be careful cuz of my hammy/inner thigh pull. Workout was 75" and I burned 630 calories.
I wish I had time to do yoga or stretch, as I'm really tight...but have to go into work this afternoon. Working the late shift again. I hope we are REAL busy...as business has been slow...especially with Mom's Day looming

Lora, You did a lot of workouts. Good job, especially since you are nursing an energy. Hope you get busy too, time seems to go fast when work is busy.

Whew - I am a sweaty, sweaty mess! Just got back from the walk. Wore the 10# vest and did CC#8 b/c it is the longest and it is hills. My walk here is about an hour so it was perfect. I wasn't back after the cool down but less than one song later, I was so I could not ask for better timing :) Burned 730 calories - Time was 1:08:31. Max HR was 180, Avg Hr was 159. Found some fun stats on the Polar that I never knew were there and wondered where you all got those. It said I burned 45% fat but I'm not sure what that means? How does it know? I'm an idiot about these things.

Meowracer, Great job on using a 10# vest and walking. And what? You did CC#8 wearing a 10# vest? WOW! I'm not savvy either when it comes to those little electronics thingnmajigs. I'm sure someone here can help ya though. I'm impressed how many calories you burned using that vest.

See ya later,

Janie

I have been really busy trying to organize and pack. This morning I decided to do Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics to write down the moves in workout 1 & 2. I spilled water on my notbook and the info ran on workout #3 so I did the entire workout including #3 and the abs. I also added 100 swings. I burned 607 calories. Anyway I got all of the moves written down so can figure out what the premixes entail. I am thinking my favorite workout was #3 even though it has those levitation holds. I am determined that eventually I will get those.

Shana, I get 40-50% fat most of the time. Not sure if it knows accurately or not. I do know that if I am doing something like the kettlebell or an cardio weight workout I am supposed to be increasing my metabolism. So I would be burning more calories later. So even though it may seem low because I worked out hard I will reap some rewards on the metaboism later in the day. So what I am saying is I don't think is accurate all of the time. Only if you are only doing cardio. Would love to hear other's opinions.

Janie we are supposed to be moved out by the 22nd which is our closing day.

Lora, we are moving into a garden home. It is two stories. It has a spiral staircase in the living area which is one of the reasons we are hiring movers. We will load boxes ahead on a friends trailer. Hopefully the rain lets up by then. We are really trying to accomodate the new owners. They want the whole holiday weekend. We are starting with no air conditioning and probably sleeping in our trailer. We have movers coming at 9 am on that day.

I have been really busy trying to organize and pack. This morning I decided to do Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics to write down the moves in workout 1 & 2. I spilled water on my notbook and the info ran on workout #3 so I did the entire workout including #3 and the abs. I also added 100 swings. I burned 607 calories. Anyway I got all of the moves written down so can figure out what the premixes entail. I am thinking my favorite workout was #3 even though it has those levitation holds. I am determined that eventually I will get those.
Janie we are supposed to be moved out by the 22nd which is our closing day.

Diane Sue, It's got to be hard writing all that info down. It seems then that you did the entire workout of Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics? Wow!

OK you guys, I surprised myself today. Instead of Meso 3 because we couldn't find the time to do it this month (but next month we can) I did Gym Style Chest and Biceps. Also one of the ab hits for 7 min. and finally, yes, Step Fit. Modified some, but I finished it. Burned 993 calories! Yeah! Can't believe I did that. I'm so excited, but not looking forward to DOMS tomorrow. Perhaps I'll lose a pound today and see the scale drop the next time I weigh myself. We'll see.

Talk later,

Janie

Janie - good job on the calorie burn!

Meowracer- how in the world did you have that high of a heart rate walking? Even when I wear my 10 pound vest, mine is not anywhere near that and i walk fast uphill! I have to jog with the vest on just to get my HR to 150!

I have been packing all afternoon. Going to try to get to bed earlier tonight as all of the family is coming over. I am still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of packing. I think we have way to much stuff for two people:eek: The thing is I am trying to clear out things, throwing stuff away and labeling by which boxes are needed the most and what they contain.

Janie, what a great calorie burn. Yes, I did all of Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics. Funny thing is I will probably look around and find the info i wrote down already posted somewhere. Happens to me all of the time.

Lora and Diane Sue, I recalulated my calorie burn and was off by 159. My workout was 128 min. and burned 834 calories. Sorry about that. But still, I think that's great for me.

I have been packing all afternoon. Going to try to get to bed earlier tonight as all of the family is coming over. I am still not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel of packing. I think we have way to much stuff for two people:eek: The thing is I am trying to clear out things, throwing stuff away and labeling by which boxes are needed the most and what they contain.
Janie, what a great calorie burn. Yes, I did all of Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics. Funny thing is I will probably look around and find the info i wrote down already posted somewhere. Happens to me all of the time.

Diane Sue, I don't envy the move you have to do. Joey and I have way too much stuff too. He saves everything, I swear. Just do one box at a time and it will get done. Wish I could help you, I know how tired a person can get when they move, mentally and physically.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.