Hardcore check in May 17,2009 Sunday

WD

Cathlete
I am not working out today. I was thinking about using the treadmill but have too much packing to get done. They are picking up our first Pod tomorrow. We also have one of the grandchildren's birthday party to go to this afternoon. Hopefully I can get in a workout in the morning.

Hey there! I am not sure what is on tap for today- some cardio I think. We start Meso 2 (again) tomorrow.

Diane Sue: Have fun at the party- cake is a challenge for me at birthday parties. Other times it seems easy to say no. :)

Have a great day!

Hey Patti wondering where you were! Smart to take some time off. Glad you are back on track!

Where's Shanna and Dally's....miss them too!

Diane Sue....hope the toe is ok.

Meg...sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I plan on relaxing in the sun (actually IN the pool) supposed to be 100+ today! Having my sister, nephews and great nephew over...CJ is 3 and so adorable! He is such a funny kid! I love spending time with him.

Janie...I loovee the ponies. We did win....nothing big. I bet on the filly but so did everyone else so the odds weren't that great. Did hit the exacta box on the next race so broke even.

Thanks all for the well wishes for my dad. Ends up he really messed up his knee :( Due to his age (83) dr. feels surgey may not be best option but rehab instead. He's got alot of will power so we shall see. He's lucky to have walked all of his life....he had polio as a child! Hence the weakness in his legs as he's aged.

Ok I need to head upstairs and get my workout in before family comes over. Doing a full upper body triple set and then cardio on TM. I've been a wee bit relaxed with my eating so will be doing the Velocity Diet this week.

Have a great day maniacs!

Hi Maniacs -

This morning I did Shape's Bikini Body workout followed by part of 10" Solutions Knock Out Punch. I was really expecting this to be more cardio and less toning/sculpting.....so not sure I liked it. My legs are really sore and tomorrow is a leg day. Workout was 65" and I burned 500 calories.

Have great Sundays everyone.

Sonya, what is the velocity diet? Enjoy your pool time. It is in the 50's again here today!

Well that pizza last night was a mistake! It was terrible and I had the stomach ache afterward to prove it! Won't be doing that again anytime soon lol! I haven't done my wo yet. Helpes Wayne replace the brakes on my car. I want to do L&G but I keep feeling a strange pull where the hip/butt meet, but sorta on the inside closer to the groin. Very odd. I might try it and if anything feels uncomfortable, them skip it. I also want to do core.

I hope all of you are enjoying your day.

I did Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism this afternoon- good workout. I like how she includes core during the workout so I didn't have to do it afterwards.

Sonya: Meg beat me to the question- if you have time this week, post your food, would you? I am always interested in what other people eat, especially when they have your abs. :p Hope you enjoyed your day by the pool. It is beautiful here but only in the 60s. My parents just got back from Arizona and they are cold!

Lora: I have only one of those 10 Minute Solutions workouts- the one with Amy Bento. It's OK but nothing spectacular- I like the cardio part the best and the stretch. Do you have a lot of them? Any ones you really like?

Meg: Love L&G! I hope your leg is OK- hate it when I pull something weird like that.

Patti, you are making Jillian look more interesting. I have some of her old stuff, but I do like her.

I did do L&G. i didn't feel any pulls or anything during. i payed close attention to my form. I hope I don't feel anything bad later loL! I couldn't do core yet because my soon to be in-laws stopped over. I might be able to squeeze it in after dinner. Having steak and they smell delish!

Meg: Good for you- L&G is a favorite of mine! As for Jillian, I have some of her older stuff and frankly don't care for it very much. Her weights workouts move too fast and use too light of weights for me to count it as weight lifting. This one (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) is purely cardio and it's good. It would be a perfect travel workout. Steak is excellent post WO! :)

Good night all!

Meg and Patti...The Velocity Diet is designed by Chris Shugart and Chad Waterbury and is in essance a "liquid diet" of protein shakes. HOWEVER I will be getting enough calories and nutrients. I posted my sample diet which is created specificlay for me based on my gender, age and weight. The V-Diet is a high protein diet and for people who want to lose weight (they follow the program for 4 weeks w/1 solid meal a week then gradually re-instroduce solid meals) but others like myself will use it when they want to drop a few pounds and lean out. You will see that I take 2 scoops of Superfood...that is basicly my multivitamin. It is equivalent to 10 servings of fruits and vegtables. On a non-workout day (only 1 day per week for me) the calories are 1,275 but on workout days the calories are 1,605, 206 protein, 39 fat, and 105 carbs.

Sometimes I do a "modified" V-Diet and eat my regular meals (eggs and oatmeal for breakfast and chicken or turkey with brown rice or yams for lunch) and then rest of my meals are the V-Diet.

There is alot more detail to The V-Diet which also includes a workout regimen. You can read more about it on figureathlete.com

meal_1.png

Shake, Blended
Metabolic Drive® Low-Carb Protein 2 scoops
BIOTEST® Superfood2 scoops
BIOTEST® Leucine1 serving
Milled flaxseed1 serving
Cold water16 oz
Supplements
Flameout™ EPA/DHA
1 softgelFiber Choice® sugar free (optional)1 tablet
meal_2.png

Shake, Shaken or Blended
Metabolic Drive® Low-Carb Protein1 scoop
BIOTEST® Leucine1 scoop
Cold water8 oz
Supplements
Flameout™ EPA/DHA
meal_3.png

Shake, Shaken or Blended
Metabolic Drive® Low-Carb Protein2 scoops
Cold water16 oz
Supplements
Flameout™ EPA/DHA
meal_4.png

Shake, Blended
Metabolic Drive® Low-Carb Protein1 scoop
BIOTEST® Superfood2 scoops
Milled flaxseed1 serving
Cold water8 oz
Supplements
Flameout™ EPA/DHA
meal_5.png

Shake, Blended
Metabolic Drive® Low-Carb Protein2 scoops
Natural nut butter210 calories
Cold water16 oz
Supplements
Flameout™ EPA/DHA
workout_nutrition.png

Recovery Drink, Shaken or Stirred
SURGE® Recovery
2 scoopsCold water
16 oz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.