Hardcore Check in March 28,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would start this. I slept in so am getting a later start on my workout. I doubt anyone will come to look at our house today. It snowed a little here last night and is wet out. Of course I am relaxing and someone will decide they want to look :eek: I will be doing cardio, abs and yoga/stretch today.

Morning! I did Maximum Intensity Cardio this morning- burned 757 calories. Really, that isn't one I should do fasted- I almost ran out of energy about three quarters of the way through, but managed. I honestly don't like that workout- I used to not like the hi/lo but it is more the step workout that I don't like now. It just drags on and that is so unusual for a Cathe workout for me- I even checked the rest of the STS rotation to see if I will have to substitute. I think she uses the hi/lo one more time, which I can do. :)

Diane Sue: Enjoy your workout- can't believe you got snow!

I have to go get showered and then on with my day- have to bake some muffins for the kids and get an oatmeal experiment in the crock pot. I'll post later if it turns out. Have a great day maniacs!

Me again! Two days in a row! I worked on setting up for the Fur Ball from 1:30 yesterday until 9:30 last night. I should be there right now (9am) but woke up with ANOTHER migraine (well, same one I'm sure) so I'm off to a slow start.

Diane Sue - You would be so proud..I have completely cleaned up my diet except for one day a week when I allow myself to cheat. And I don't go hog wild on that day but if I want something I have it. But the rest of the week I don't cheat AT ALL, not even diet soda! But I wanted to ask you, do other nuts give you migraines? In an effort to get more good fats in my diet, sometimes I will add walnuts to my oatmeal. But now I worry about those too. When I saw my neurologist on Tuesday he actually said that in 4 months we could start looking at decreasing my daily meds to see what happens since I had hardly been getting any migraines. And now this! But I think since I had not been having any caffeine or any other trigger foods, that was really the key. Oh, and I'm 5'8", so at 113 I look way too skinny. I can look better in photos when I'm flexing, but in person if I'm not walking around flexing (which I just don't make a habit of doing :p) I hate the way I look in sleeveless stuff. Like in that Mexico pic on my Bodybuilding profile where I'm wearing the red bikini I look like I don't have a single muscle on my entire body! Very irritating! And I had just lifted that morning. :mad: I add olive oil, flaxseed, avocados, almonds, salmon, tuna, chicken, chicken, chicken, egg whites (and a yolk), protein shakes, you name it.

Good luck with your house. Maybe since you're not ready you will have some great interest today! We just had a snow day on Thursday afternoon. I'm so ready for nice weather!

Off to do my duty...for the animals, of course. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I had a great day yesterday. My DH got me a really cool DVD/Surround Sound system for my workout room. Man, he's making it so I never want to leave that room! LOL!! I can't wait for it to get installed. He's a keeper! :D

Today I worked Back and Abs. Had an excellent workout.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off with each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

BACK
Standing Row:
10# weighted vest: 8 sets/9-8 reps
***The vest helped. Last week I did it with my body weight only. Held the contraction and really felt it by the end.

T-Bar Row:
30# - 8 sets/11-10 reps
***LOVE my new T-bar handles. Love them! This is a fun exercise now. LOL!

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band: 8 sets/16-14 reps
***These burned like a mother.

Dumbbell Pullover:
20# - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 5#)
***These felt good. I still think I can go higher with this.

ABS
Oxygen Trisets:
Hanging Knee Raises
Bench V-Ups
Reverse Bench Crunch

***Did 15 reps each exercise, rested 1 minute then repeated for 12 and 10 reps. I love this triset. I'm getting stronger because I don't struggle as much with it anymore. I may add more reps next time I do these.

HR Stats:
47 minutes
1 minute below zone
38 minutes in zone
8 minutes above zone
361 calories burned

That is all....

You all have a great weekend!

Morning all! How is everyone?

Debbie - great workout! I am enjoying this workout. I also think I will go back to the ab routine you mentioned. I did the other ab routine from oxygen yesterday - the 3 sets of 30 - and I am not sore at all!

Today I did chest and back

warmed up with jum rop for 5 minutes
Back
Supine pull ups - really struggled here - started with 9 and ended up barely able toget 5
Dumbbell row - 15s started with 9 reps and ended at 8

Tback squeeze with green therma band - started at 20 ended at 12 and I know I am going to feel this tomorrow!

Chest
push ups first 4 rounds were straight leg with 15/12/10/8 and then had to drop to knees and do final 4 rounds between 8 - 10 reps

incline DB press - started with 20's and that wasn't gonna happen so I had to reset and do 15s 8 reps for all 8 rounds

incline DB flye 10s 8 reps fr 8 rounds.

jump rope for 10 minutes

I started on the treadmill warming up and then walking jogging. I went 2.53 miles and burned 252 calories. Then I did Empire State Joint Mobility and followed with Empire State jumping on the bike during the 1 minute breaks. Bill came in near the end and wanted to know what I was doing when I ran to the bike
icon_lol.gif
I burned 422 calories doing Empire State and the joint mobility. I finished with Tracey's yoga solutions post cardio segment. Total calories burned was 791. Was so tempted to keep going for those other 9 calories. Bill got up and I wanted to finish so I could talk. Boy have I been missing the AOS workouts. Took awhile to get past the knee injury and shoulder issue which was before AOS.

Suz, you are doing great. I am not sure about all other nuts. I did buy Cashew butter for the Oxygen recipe I make and the rest didn't last but a couple of days of spreading on apple slices and Ezekial low sodium bread :D I never got a headache. Funny about weight, I remember when I would do cardio dvds/tapes and run on the treadmill for 10 miles. I was so skinny(around 108) DH videotaped when I was running and I thought"I look like a skeletin running on the treadmill". I refuse to let my weight get that low even if I have to eat junk to get there! I had to laugh at the chicken, chicken, chicken. Keep it up and you can reach those goals.

Debbie, the new sound system sounds awesome:)

Patti, I can't believe we got snow either. A few days ago we were at the park walking the dogs. It is snowing right now too. You got a great calorie burn with MIC. I know Cathe lists it on the workout manager with a nice calorie burn, but when I did it I was around 500 calories:confused:

DEBBIE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HOPE IT WAS A GREAT ONE ;) COOL GIFT FROM THE HUBBY!

DIANE SUE: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! GLAD YOU HAD A NICE EVENING OUT.

Ally - 10 minutes of jump rope would kill me. Good grief, girl. That's great.

Suz - great to see you here again! Very neat thing you are doing for the animals. Have fun and hope the headache goes away. And congrats on the eating. I love, love, love raw almond butter. If you can eat it without headaches, I would say it is the best I have found. Makes the almonds better for you than the roasted kind.

Patti - I never even look at the cardio rotation. Great calorie burn!

Yesterday was back and biceps + abs. I impressed myself :)p)- much more weight on some than I would have ever chosen without the 1RMs. Today is CCPP day with an 18 minute additional challenge :eek:. I am hoping for a huge calorie burn. I had protein waffles with the raw almond butter so hopefully, I will have enough spunk to push myself like crazy.

Darn it - hit submit before I was finished.

CHAR - at some point yesterday, facebook got blocked at work so even though I am sitting here at home, I cannot get on it. I'm not ignoring you :) Monday, I will go in a figure a way around it if I don't figure something this weekend. About the tops - I get mine on ebay for way less. The selection sort of comes and goes there but I've gotten some really neat ones. And yes, I did hear about that 130 year old woman on the radio...can you imagine?? Maybe I should set my goal a bit higher...:D

This morning I did an unenthusiastic Double Cardio from 4DS doing HIS first then LIS. Was surprised to find I burned 412 calories anyway. Workout was 56 minutes.

Linda - at least you got it done :)

Today was CCPP day for me.

I did my usual mish-mosh of equipment. Started with the warm up and steady state #1 on the bike for 2 miles, then went to the stepmill for challenge 1 for 1.75 miles and 85 flights; steady #2 on TM, challenge #2 on arc trainer for .5 miles on the highest incline; steady #3 on TM, challenge #3 on stepmill for .62 miles and 31 flights; steady #4 and challenge #4 and #5 on TM; steady on TM, using cool down from vol 8 (my fave) then on to bike for another 5.5 miles for the additional challenge, alternating sprints and hills, standing. Speeds for sprints and hills were about 20-21mph - that was my goal for the 20 seconds. Did cool down on bike then TM, and just kept going b/c I had extra energy. Burned 1072 calories (!!), MAX HR: 183, AVG HR: 157, time 1:42. I have no idea where this energy came from except that I tried to eat really good yesterday, especially towards the end of the day, then had the good breakfast and drank a mix of the cran-energy drink and water. I am not tired but rather energized. Weird - wish I could bottle this b/c it usually is not how I feel!

Suz, great pictures! You are really doing a great job adding some muscle:)

Linda, I felt unenthusiastic this morning as well. Once I got started on the treadmill I kept going:)

Shana, those one rep max's really help to push ahead:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.