Hardcore Check in March 22,2010 Monday

WD

Cathlete
I am getting us started. Today is cardio and abs. Hoping to get some stretching in . My hamstrings and glutes are still sore this morning:D I guess doing something different did something for them. II have a dentist and hair appointment so won't be back here till this afternoon.

Lori, it's great having you here. We learn so much from each other and everyone is so motivating:D You are so right, those rests are so important. I know I am tempted to take Travel Fit with me but most vacations I do that and never use them. Figure paddling around in the water and walking the beach should be exercise enough.
Smart thinking on not doing the Great Weighted workout after I Max. LOL That is a long workout if I remember right.

Hermia, nice workout. I really do like Hi/Lo Knockout. Once you get the choreography down it is lots of fun. I think I learned the last two combos faster than the first two because I kept doing the premix with the KO's and it had the last two combos in it.

Still all stuffed up and now I have a cough. I actually don't feel all that bd, just a lot of congestion in my head and chest. I got a decongestant and it seems to help a lot. I just hope this cough doesn't get any worse. I can't deal with coughs.

I got up and did Gym Style Chest and Triceps. Had a good workout and I know I'll feel it tomorrow.

CHEST
72 Drop Set Pushup-Ups
***These always kill. Haven't done pushups since P90X.

Dumbbell Bench Press - 30's/2 sets, 12 reps; 25's/1 set, 12 reps
Dumbbell Flyes - 15's/3 sets, 12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's/2 sets, 12 reps
Incline Flyes - 15's/2 sets, 12 reps

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press - 50#/2 sets, 10 reps. Last set had four bonus reps at 4/4 count.
Dips - 24 reps
Dumbbell Lying Extensions - 15's/2 sets, 8 reps with different rep counts.
Seated Overhead Press - 25#/1 set, 12 reps; 20#/1 set, 12 reps
Cross-Body Extensions - 12#/2 sets, 12 reps
Cross-Body Extensions w/Band
One Arm Kickbacks - 10#/2 sets, 10 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Band

Tri's and Chest are fried!

Nice to see everyone up and around so early :D No workouts this weekend, we got another round of snow and I just lost all the drive I had. The weather is supposed to get better this week so we shall see. Cardio is on the docket today.

Have a nice workout Diane Sue
Hello Lora and Roselyn
Debbie-nice work. Hope the cold gets better

Theresa

Workout this morning was Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge 59 minutes 423 calories Max HR 179. Then I did Insane Abs 34 minutes 206 calories, I followed this with MMA Boxing core conditioning and stretch using 10# dumbbells 13 minutes 53 calories, I finished with Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness Bootcamp bonus stretch 18 minutes 44 calories. Workout was 2 hr 4 minutes and caloreis burned was 726.
I am hoping to do Circuit Blast, some of the Tonique fitness, and Body Max 2 upper tomorrow. Hopefully some of this lower body doms is gone by then.

Went back and read the weekend thread. Have a few comments.

Linda - I'm sorry your hand still hurts. That is amazing how after 7 weeks you are still feeling pain. I sure hope it gets better soon.

Theresa - Nice job on your puke status workout Saturday and congrats on your 8# loss!! That is awesome!! ^^^5's

Diane Sue - What happened when you drank two strong cups of dadelion root tea? LOL! Just curious, you said you won't repeat that again.

Lori - Glad you found your dog. And yes, for once I'm glad there was litter on the gound! :D And I'm glad you joined our checkin!

Hermia - Nice workouts on Sunday!

Hi Everyone -

Read everyone's workouts. Sometimes it's sort of a problem that you all are so inspiring :confused: . Even so, I AM taking a rest day today, so I am trying very hard to only be inspired in a very detached sort of way ;) . I can't find my last one (rest day) on the Workout Manager :eek: I know better, shame on me. I think I've been relying on physical activity to center me and help me "work through" some other things that are going on right now - even more than usual. That's not all bad, but moderation and being sensible aren't always my strong points. I don't have any injuries and would like to do my part to keep it that way. You guys can attest, I know, they can occur even when you're doing everything "right." So. Common sense. There. Done scolding myself.

Debbie - Ugghhh on the cold! :( I sort of miss some of Cathe's others when I'm doing STS. Gym Style is a good one. Quite a thing to tackle when you're sick!!! And thank you :D I am so glad I joined your check-in, too! Already, it's added something very positive to my day. You are such a great group of ladies!

DianeSue - It was really nice talking to you this weekend :D ! I checked and "The Great Weighted Workout" is about 90 minutes. I'm thinking about doing just the leg floorwork after STS legs tomorrow ... since I'll be so very RESTED and all :p .

Lora - If I remember, you sometimes find taking it easy somewhat of a challenge, too. I hope you're doing ok. Seems like you've had a lot going on. Maybe I'll do some yoga or stretching later, too.

Theresa - Our weather's actually really nice here today. I'm not taunting you, just reassuring you that I do think Spring really is coming. I'm so burned out on winter, too. We had a MEAN one this year.

Hermia - How late do you workout? Just curious, really. Depending on my schedule, I get some pretty late one's in there. A lot of times I'm surprised at the energy I have once I get started. It seems better or "more" than earlier workouts. Not sure why.

Lori- thanks :D We will hit 70 by tomorrow so it will get better. I just can't stand any more snow !!!!!!! I wish I had a million bucks, I would move south for the winter :D Have a great rest day. I took two (which is one more than I meant to) and besides being tired, I'm ready to get back at it

Debbie-thanks :p

theresa

I had a new stylist and she did great. I am happy so won't go on vacation unhappy because I got a bad haircut.

Debbie, LOL I will not repeat anything. Not a pleasant experience. Looks like you got a good workout in despite the cold. I tell you, I don't want mine back. DH sounds like he had one when I talked to him last night. Not a good thing. Hopefully it is gone when I pick him up Wednesday.

Lori, I knew that workout was long. That is a nice workout plan. Something I would do:D

Theresa, it is warmer today and really melting. Hopefully this is the last of this. I saw a lot of people head to Phoenix during the winter. Can't say that I blame them:) This winter has been a really nasty one. Hopefully that means not so many tornadoes? A lot of people around here have shelters. We have yet to get one but I know that I can go next door but would be hesitant on taking the dog. I guess they did have someone bring a cat once. Mudd would come unglued.

Lora, I am glad to see that you are listening to your body and not doing the new workouts. Good for you.

Lori, well, I teach really early this quarter, so I start no later than 9, which is still pushing it because I really should be in bed no later than 10. If I didn't have to work so early, though, I might workout as late as 10. Ideally, though, late morning/early afternoon or early evening would be great, but that doesn't work with work and dinner cooking. Alas. =)

No workout yet. Still got grading. My roommate's baby is *bawling* up a storm.

Diane, yay on the great hair cut. That would be disappointing to be unhappy about a hairstyle/cut right before vacation. You must be going soon, then? Sorry...you probably mentioned it and I missed it. =(
Where are you going?

Well, time to go to my study/grading room and do some work and, not incidentally, escape the crying baby.

Hermia, I am going to Jamaica Friday. DH is coming home and we are leaving to celebrate our 37th anniversary:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.