Hardcore check in June 3,2009

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. No workout yet.I was going to do chest and back this morning but I will see when I get started. I am not sure whether I want to do STS chest and back or just cardio today. I want to have at least one break day this week before I do Extremely Ripped again. I still have a little doms from my workouts the last two days.

Linda, funny thing is I still keep finding pieces of equipment that I want LOL

This morning was supersetting Biceps and Triceps. Felt very strong this morning so went balls to the wall with weight plus I added one more set to each superset. I know, I know, I can't debulk while lifting heavy. I can't help it, it's an obsession I tell you! Had an excellent workout.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

BICEPS/TRICEPS
SS #1
EZ Preacher Curls:
55# - 8/8/8/8
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
85# - 8/8/8/8
***Wow, by the last set I was pushing it. Good weights here.

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
21's - 10/10/10/10
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
50# - 10/10/10/10
***Last set was a struggle. Felt good, though!

SS #3
Reverse Dumbbell Curls:
16's - 12/12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12/12
***Could have gone heavier with the curls but the bench dips got me. Last set was a burner.

Added:
Concentration Curls:
No superset
25# - 10/10/10
15# - 15/15
***Just wanted to add this in. Need to do these more to get my bicep peak back. Rested for about 45 seconds between each set.

That is all....

What do you all eat or drink before cardio and weight sessions? I hear alot about this BSN N.O Xplode. Any suggestions welcome. I try to do fasting cardio but some days that just is not cutting it for me. Thanks.

Roslyn, with cardio since I do it first thing in the morning I don't eat or drink anything. Well, I drink water, but no protein shake. Right afterwards I have an ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 c. frozen strawberries in it.

For weight training, I drink an ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 c. frozen strawberries about a half hour before I train. I'll drink another right afterwards or have some eggs and oatmeal.

It is important to feed the muscles before and after training.

Where is everyone???

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday did Cardio Coach 8 plus two Cathe ab workouts...LIS/4DS

Burned 491 cals
Time 55 mins
Traveled 6.6 mi

That was one tough workout. Last 7 mins were rough. Today chest/tri's/shoulders and would like to ride bike. I got alot to cram in my day so not sure on bike ride.

Debbie,

Great workout! That is impressive work...especially those close grips. OMG!

Diane,

Have a great workout!!

Today was cardio and abs, I did 4 DS HIS/LIS cardio and had a less than stellar workout. First I bought new Nikes and those things are slippery as all get out. My foot almost went sliding off the step more than once.:confused: Then during the workout expereinced some pain in my right groin area like something had been pulled, but don't remember doing anything. So those two things just slowed me downed. Now my right hip flexor just aches.:(

For abs I did 2 sets of ten of the following:

Standing Relay
***This was actually 20- 10 to each side, not sure what Amy calls these
Bench Toes to Ceiling
Bench Reverse Crunch
Bench Knees In

Workout was 1:03 and I burned 489 calories. ( I really need to start checking my HRM before I take it off :p)

P.S. Anyone got any thoughts on what I can do to fix teh slippery shoes? Thought maybe I'd go walk on the road with them and try to rough them up a bit.

Good morning Maniacs!

SOrry to have been absent the last few days. Very busy weekend. Monday night was Lean Circuit 1. My bis and tris are STILL sore whoohoo! Last night was CC4, but I did cut out a little early of the last challenge set because my shins were screaming at me. I do love hill challenges tho :)

Tonight is prob B&Gs since my UB is still sore.

I took "preliminary" measurements on monday and it is looking great! I don't really want ot go by the scale completely right now because I have gained alot of muscle and the scale isn't moving much, so I am going by measurements and clothes. :)

P.S. Anyone got any thoughts on what I can do to fix teh slippery shoes? Thought maybe I'd go walk on the road with them and try to rough them up a bit.

Man, that sucks, Linda. I hate Nike shoes. I don't think there is one pair that I've bought in my lifetime that I liked. I honestly don't get the hype about Nike shoes. I would go on some gravel and slide your feet across it. It might rough up the bottoms a bit. That really sucks. Can't think of anything else, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna ; Peach
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake

1437 calories
41 g. fat - 26%
138 g. protein - 38%
135 g. carbs - 38%

Same amount of calories as yesterday but it's amazing how one piece of fruit can up your carbs. I don't care, though, I love fruit.

ok, note to self, no nike shoes! I'm not even sure what brand I have, but they're not slippery. I hope you can get them to work better, Linda, that would be so annoying to have slippy shoes!

Just got back from yoga class. I'm really enjoying it. And now I have to grade like the wind. Hopefully I'll be up to some abs later.

Holy moly. I just did B&Gs, using 8's instead of 5's, stopping at the floor work (cuz I was shot) and then did the stability ball abs section. I loved this workout! Of course I am so hungry now! :)

Linda- geesh! Be careful with those shoes. i hope the gravel thing works.

I hope you all had a great day. I have GOT to go get some dinner lol!

Workout today was STS disc 25 chest and back, then Amy Bento's Step Challenge 3 Intense nrg premix 63 minutes. I like this one because it does the power ups twice. I added on abs#2 with the tubing and then did the stretch. Total calories burned was 838. It seems like I have been gone all day. We checked on fence for the house and went for the inspection which went well.

Linda, I haven't worn Nikes in years. Maybe you could use some sandpaper on the bottoms.

Meg - freaky - I did B&G today too!! Hadn't done it in a long time - since some time last year. I used 10s and did the floor work - my legs are on fire. Good grief. I don't do this one often though b/c it usually makes my knees hurt.

Somehow, I torqued my neck in my sleep and it has been killing me all day so I have not done abs.

Linda - why on earth would they be slippery? I would take them back - if you try to fix them and it doesn't work, then they won't take them back, I would guess. About the article - I will just look for the issue on ebay or something, but thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.