Hardcore Check in June 18,2009 Thursday

WD

Cathlete
I finished my workout early today. I have to take my grandson to a the school for cooking and science classes he is taking. This morning I did Bodymax2 stopping after the power circuits and doing the abs and stretch. Total calories today was 546. I have my grandbaby and she is keeping me busy this morning. Put the dogs food in the water. She saw me coming and tried to hurry and take it back out. I will check back later.

Good morning-
I should have just made a note here about the recipes. I tried to add as an attachment, but the file was too big. I will post them later today or tomorrow. Today I will be doing a total body workout, I don't know which one yet. I get to leave a little early from work, so hopefully I will get to bang it out before the show. I'll check back in later. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Diane Sue-nice workout despiteeverything you have going on this morning.

Morning! I just finished 4DS KB in its entirety. I must admit that I've never done a 4DS workout straight through as designed. It was fun- added in calves since she works legs but not the calves.

Diane Sue: Sounds like my 2 year old- it's always like an episode of Cops around here. When I catch him, he throws whatever he is doing and runs. It's funny. I think I'm doing BM2 next week in my rotation- looking forward to it. I haven't done it as designed in a long time.

Theresa: Good luck on getting that WO in today. Just cut and paste and recipes- that is what we all do.

Have a good one!

I made this last night- it was a little different but good. I think it needs a little more sauce or something, but otherwise tasty and a good way to get in veggies.

Mexican Broccoli Casserole

1 package of Kroger Organic Fresh Broccoli, lightly steamed and chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes- Mexican Lime and Cilantro
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 can green chile enchilada sauce (Old El Paso Mild)
1 ½ cups fat free mozzarella cheese (180 grams)
½ cup onion, chopped
Garlic
8 corn tortillas (Kroger taco size)

Saute onion and garlic in Pam unless softened. Mix in bowl with broccoli, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro. Pour a bit of sauce in bottom of 9x13 glass pan- put down 4 tortillas. Spread half broccoli mixture over it and a bit more sauce; put down other 4 tortillas, then rest of mixture and rest of sauce. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes.

Other ideas: Add red pepper, cumin, lime juice or other spices.

Stats for whole dish:
1284 cal/ 207 carbs / 13 fat / 91 protein / 43 fiber

If serving 4:
321 cal / 52 carbs / 3 fat / 23 protein / 11 fiber

Morning ladies! Today I did lower body blast again.

stationary lunges - 5 sets 10 reps 15DB
walking lunges - 3 sets 10 each leg - 15 db
stability ball curl - 3 sets to failure
squats - 25dbs 5 sets 10 reps
leg ext-35# 3 sets 10 reps
lying leg cur 35# - 5 sets 8 resps

jump squats and lunges on BOSU as finisher

Have a great day everyone. Hope i get DOMS in my butt again!

Hi everyone, had to take my mom in today for catarac eye surgery, so no workout for me. I should have done it before I came into work but if I don't do it first thing, I just have no ambition to do it at all. Oh well. I'll skip a cardio workout this week. No biggie.

Back to work.... I'm so far behind!

DianeSue - Thanks for telling me where that article was. Would have been easier if I had been looking in the right magazine!:p

Patti
- I have yet to do any of the weight work from 4DS.:p That's why I am thinking of doing it next week.

Debbie - I am like you, unless I do it first thing in the morning I have no desire to workout later.

Today was Back & Chest and Cardio

LIC through first blast as warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for each exercise, superset style.

***Note that I did step assisted pullups for warmup

Assisted Pullups - BW
Incline Barbell Press - 35#

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Pullups/Assisted Pullups
4/6,
3/5/7,
3/3
***Black number unassisted, Purple band assisted, and orange switched to step assisted. Was not feeling strong at these at all today, so numbers are down from last week.:(:eek:
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press
87# - 6
72# - 10
62# - 15
87# - 6 to failure
***Increased all sets by 2#.

Then I did finished LIC cardio premix through stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned
476 calories.

Hey Everyone :) Today, I rode 15 miles (took the past two days off aside from walking on the beach which always makes me sore b/c I walk in the deep sandy part). Anyway, workout was 1:04, 673 calories, MAX HR 174, AVG HR 157. Now, I'm going to get SJP abs in again and then head to the beach. It is sooooooo hot here. Miserably so.

Happy Day!

Hello ladies

Been buisy and haven't had time to get on here..
I am doing disk i don't know.. I think 16 tonite..
I am building alot of strength withn sts..

Diane Sue did you fing the dvd's ??
Good price for them anyways.. Not a waste if you don't love them..

Good workouts gals .. Have a great day. Back to work here..

Hey Maniacs!!!

I took off into the forest earlier today so was not able to post. haha. Went on a 6 mile hike. Was all down hill in beginning and took pictures of waterfalls, etc. and then the workout was going back up the hill, naturally so. So I took Speck with me. She did great. Would take her again. We ate our lunch in a beautiful picnic area and then seen a turkey and a deer on the way back. When I got home I had to stop at store because I forgot to buy teabags and then got into my chest/back/ab workout.

ABS: C&W plus 25 hanging knee raises and....

BACK:

L-Chins for abs and back 7 of them. Then just went into straight chins 6/4

Lat Pulldowns 80# 3/6 (gotten weaker with 80# over time..got to get stronger again with these..these were hard)

One Arm Rows 40# 3/6 (strong on these)

CHEST:

Bench 80# 3/6 (WOOOOHOOOOOOHOOO) Proud about that!

Flyes 30's 3/6 (strong on these..could go up next time)

Pushups 3/10

Gonna make dinner now before the 6pm deadline...when I might turn into a fat pumpkin. As ya'll can see, I am still flying high from the hike...wait til you see the waterfall I will post!

Anne,

Missed ya..great to see you on here again!

Diane Sue,

In regards to P90X, I think it was the recovery week of the classic rotation that I felt the abs were worked just a bit harder. If you think about it, the abs pretty much get hit harder with P90X in general cuz you have Yoga which includes abs, Core Syngeristic (sp?) and ab ripper x also. Maybe that is why my abs looked the best then, but I am bored with doing it for 12 weeks so I plan on doing things that I like for now on along with going heavy. Gonna plan a bike ride tomorrow. Will have to go 4x's around Greenway in town to make 12 miles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.