Hardcore Check in January 25,2010 Monday

WD

Cathlete
I am just getting this started. Today will be total body weights. I have to be done by 6:45. I will check back in awhile. Have great workouts:D

Today was full body, same workout as last Monday but in superset format. Had a great workout. I'm astonished as to how high I am with my weights again.

1 minute rest between each supersets. 4 sets/5 reps each.

Barbell Rows - 90#
ss w/
Barbell Bench Press - 110#
***These felt really good. Felt very strong with this superset.

Squats - 100#
ss w/
Still Leg Deadlifts - 90#
***Again, felt very strong here. SLDL's felt great!

Barbell Curls - 67#
ss w/
Close Grip Bench Press - 87#
***Could have gone to 90# with CGBP, should have. Biceps felt good and strong today.

That is all....

Morning,:D

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend:rolleyes:, mines was quiet and laid back :rolleyes:

Weekend Workouts:

Sat: CC#1 and d-2 back & biceps.
(this workout is very well put together, I enjoyed it)
Sun: d-3 legs & 3x from GS legs (inner thighs) + ab circuit #5
(fun workout, I didn’t go as heavy as I could had this time but next time:D Wall squats got me reeeeal good.

Stats:

Mon: CC# 8

465 – cals burned
4:00 miles traveled
60.00 time

Debbie - Nice leg work, may I ask what rotation are you doing:)

Diane Sue-have a good workout, are you still doing the Cosgrove plan?

Debbie-those are very impressive weights, nice job :D

Hello Teddygirl-nice workouts, what do you think of STS?

I have continued the rest week. I would like to say that I stretched but I really have not been doing much of anything. I would also like to say that I ate great over the weekend to counter the decrease in activity, but I cannot.

Here's my question: Every weekend I have an overall muscle soreness that is not attributed to workouts (as I seem to have it regardless of whether I workout or not). Has anyone else experienced this phenom? If not, any ideas on the cause? I was wondering if it was change in eats or maybe the fact that I don't drink as much water on the weekend....

Thanks
Theresa

Theresa - soreness occurs for various reasons, as you know. But, to give my .02 cents you may want to add flax oil to you regimen, for me it really helps to lubricate my muscles and of course, drink plenty of water. If it continues you shouldcheck with your doctor :)

STS, girl, I am looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooving this journey, thus far:rolleyes:. I have a long ways to go before I can truly give my overall observation of STS. But, so far I am freaking EXCITED everytime I do the workout;)

I got my workout in and shower before I took my grandson to school. I didn't want to figure out Rachel's book workout today so I did Insanity Upper Body weights 422 calories 48 minutes Max HR 166, 35% fat. I then did Shock Cardio Athletic Step 422 calories 47 minutes Max HR 165 25% fat. When I got back from the school I did Amy's 10 minutes solution Hot Body Boot Camp stretch and some foam roller 16 minutes. 48 calories. I keep expecting my Insanities to show up. Funny the tracking just says in transit and they seem to be staying in CA. Hopefully they are just not updating at UPS.

Theresa, I am going to look at Rachel's book and maybe do one workout during the week and one on Saturday. I wanted to move to another phase but with the grandbaby coming so early (6 am)I think it is going to be difficult. And I have to leave back out in the afternoon too.

Teddy, nice workouts:) STS is a great series. I have been through it twice and then used some of it off and on in between. Love Plyo legs:D

Debbie, nice work on the Super Sets. You are doing some nice weights:D

Okay, I'm being a bit lazy:eek: I started typing the each workout from STS and it is starting to be a bit much, only bc I'm here at work, boss lurking :eek:. I reallyyyyyyyyy hate to ask this, but here it goes does anyone have the outline of STS in word or excel form? If so can you email it to me, appricate it much:)

Teddy, nice workouts:) STS is a great series. I have been through it twice and then used some of it off and on in between. Love Plyo legs:D

Diane – Thanks! your workouts always blow me away. Insanity:eek:, I plan to order it right after I complete STS and P90X. I love the infomercial have you noticed NO one is smiling...... they make the workout look no were near enjoyable, that tickle me, I’m like dam do I really want this.

STS plyo, I have a feeling that one is going to be my favorite.

I am just sitting down to the Loaded Spinach salad with salmon from Muscle Chow. Now grandbaby wakes up.

Teddy, go to the workout manager at the top of the page. You can print all of the work sheets from there. You don't need to type them.
Those people on Insanity smile when they get a chance to breathe LOL

Diane-I did that, but it only print in pdf form, I want to record, my daily progress. I been trying to find my way around here since Cathe changed this forum, its a bit complicated to me. Thank you, I'll look for it.:)

Teddygirl - I'm doing a rotation I've done several times before from Chad Waterbury. It's a three times a week full body program. It is along the same lines as STS, just not so much endurance work. Each day has a different sets, reps and rest periods. It's mighty cool. :cool: Nice going with your workouts! You rock! And like Diane Sue said, I got my STS sheets from the Workout Manager. It helped a lot.

Theresa - I have this problem as well. My muscles are continuously sore all the time and I have no clue why. When it turns into pain (like it has recently) then I start to worry. Not sure why some people can workout and not even experience DOMS like we do. The only thing I can suggest is I've been taking L-Glutamine (got it at the Vitamin Shoppe) and the directions say to take one a day but I'm taking two and it seems to be really helping. Maybe give that a shot?

Diane Sue - I thought you had Insanity already??? Nice workouts today! You make me so tired! LOL! I need to foam roll again tonight. I love it!

Roselyn - Nice workout girl!!! You are really kicking some butt lately!

Teddygirl - Those charts for STS in Workout Manager are different than what I have. I wonder if it was changed? Mine had cells where I could write my weights down and such. Let me look at home and see if I can find what I used. I'll send it to you if I can.

Teddy, I use the workout manager all of the time but I will say I tried to record my weights etc on the computer and it would not print that way for me so I just print and write it all in each time.

Roselyn, nice workout. What are you doing for total body? I have made that salad recipe a lot. It is really yummy.

Debbie, when I first ordered Insanity I tried to order everything and somehow I ended up with the bonus package of 3 dvd's and 2 containers of P90X strength and recovery drink. I was not pleased about spending 139 dollars for that. Anyway I like what I got so finally broke down and ordered the rest of them. I think I need to try to foam roll some more tonight when the grandchildren are gone. Had a hard time with the stretch and rolling I got in today:confused:

Debbie and Diane Sue-Thanks for the advice. I'm sure neither of you drink diet soda so I wasn't sure if that may play a part or maybe just the extra caffeine on the weekend. It's so weird though :rolleyes:

Roselyn-nice workout.

Hi everyone. Gosh, you guys work out early. I am not a morning person, but I am trying to avoid super-lateness, which sometimes is hard. Anyway, my schedule right now is particularly tough, and will be so for at least 3 more weeks, although it won't be significantly lighter after that. I only got to workout four times last week (and one of the yoga classes was rather light). I did two yoga classes, Amy's Cardio Pump Step, and High Step Challenge. One thing I am noticing that takes a lot of time (other than work and commuting!) is cooking. I cook dinner for four or five people on my nights off (so three nights) and usually breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning. I like to cook, and especially I want fiance to have good home cooked meals, but dang, all that vegetable chopping, etc, etc,...takes a rather big chunk of time. Anyway, just complaining, lol! Hope everyone has a great day. (oh, if anyone knows good recipes that are at least somewhat healthy, I'm always on the lookout for those!)

Here's my question: Every weekend I have an overall muscle soreness that is not attributed to workouts (as I seem to have it regardless of whether I workout or not). Has anyone else experienced this phenom? If not, any ideas on the cause? I was wondering if it was change in eats or maybe the fact that I don't drink as much water on the weekend...
Theresa

Theresa....do you take BCAA's? I know that helps with recovery.

Hermia-sorry you have such a hectic schedule. I buy a lot of frozen pre-chopped veggies to use in soups, pizzas, tacos, etc...b/c it may cost a bit more, but it save a ton of time.

Sonya-hey there, how's the plan coming along? I do take bcaa's before and after my workout; Plus I take a multi, fish oil, and green tea extract. I'm a bit stumped but it has been going on for awhile. I don't know why I just decided to ask about it :p

Theresa

p.s. I wanted to post this no carb bread I have made. It's loaded w/ good fats and I add a bit more in the evening with peanut butter and a protein shake. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's not bad. I want to try using it as a pizza crust and maybe adding a little seasoning and parmesan cheese

Zero Carb Flax Bread -- This recipe of mine was featured on T-nation, along with an article about me (a huge fitness website, and got over a 2,000 hits.) It's a zero carb bread that can either be made sweet or savory.

Ingredients
2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tablespoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets Stevia

Directions
Mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. Whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made into muffins: divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Since developing this recipe, I have made many different flavor varieties. A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding Capella Flavor Drops. Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Great topped with almond or peanut butter!

Nutrition info per serving (1 serving)

145 cal, 11 g fat, less than 1 g carbs, 6.5g protein

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.